Something Hidden

Forgotten Memories

March 8, 2015 AN: Wow. I am so sorry! I didn't mean to be gone for such a long time! I'd like to apologize if this chapter/fic has loose ends, I don't quite remember what I had originally planned. xD

 

--------------------------------------

After dinner, which consisted of Yunho and Yoochun cooking in the kitchen while Jaejoong watched in interest, Jaejoong began washing the dishes while Junsu and Changmin sat in the living room watching a soccer game. Junsu cheered enthusiasically, with Changmin wincing and covering his ears. Yoochun sat with his lover and his friend watching with neither interest nor boredom. Yunho stepped out from the shower and let out a breath, "Ah! That was relaxing, who's turn is it to shower next?"

Changmin hushed Yunho, "Shh, hyung! We're all watching a game, bother us about showering later."

Yunho laughed and glanced around the room, eyes falling on Jaejoong and the dishes. "Jaejoong! Here, let me help you with those." Yunho made his way over to the petite man. Jaejoong had earphones plugged in; he didn't hear Yunho. The latter gently places his hands on Jaejoong's broad shoulders, and moved him slightly to the side to make room for himself.

Jaejoong jumped, startled. "Wha--oh. Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"It's okay, we used to all take turns helping with the dishes. After all, there's five of us." Yunho replied brightly.

"We used to all take turns helping with the dishes...", Jaejoong repeated to himself quietly. Suddenly, his vision was blocked by a pair of beautiful hands. 

"Hey, let me do the rest of the dishes. You should go join the others in the living room." Yunho's deep voice sounded next to him as the sponge was stolen from him and he was gently shoved out of the kitchen.

Jaejoong nodded, "Alright, thanks!" He made his way over to the the living room and sat down next to Yoochun, nudging him, "Hey. Does he do this often?" Jaejoong gestured to Yunho.

Yoochun shrugged, distracted by the ongoing game, "Uh yeah--no. Only to make up for fights or arguments that you guys have."

"Ah. Did we fight before my...accident?"

Again, Yoochun shrugged, "Probably.I wasn't home at that time so I don't know what really happened."

Jaejoong smiled, "Well either way, it probably wasn't a huge one." He turned his attention to the screen, "Who's winning?"

"Hyung, just watch the game! You'll catch on eventually!" Changmin complained.

"Yeah but it'd be faster if you just told me--"

"SHHH!" Junsu and Changmin both shot glares at Jaejoong, who began chuckling.

Jaejoong leaned against the sofa, eyes following the players guiding the ball across the field. He thought of his past. Did he enjoy watching sports? Did he play any sports? What was he like? Shaking his head, Jaejoong frowned. If he didn't have any interest in sports right now, he probably never enjoyed sports then. Bringing his attention to Yoochun's words, Jaejoong wondered what his relationship with Yunho was. Were they best of friends? Did they fight often? What...what did he think of Yunho? Cheeks flushing, Jaejoong remembered those beautiful hands tugging the soap-soaked sponge away from him just moments ago, the long slender fingers brushing against his own. I can't be harboring feelings for him when I don't even know how we were in the past.

He blinked and looked around, observing his friends who were engrossed with the game. It was strange that he only remembered Changmin and Junsu the most. Although, his memory of Yoochun was coming back. He was naturally comfortable with him and could sense that they were close. Then suddenly, a vision of his hand entwined with those same delicate hands filled his mind. There was a sound of faint laughter in his ears. Jaejoong realized it belonged to him. The owner of the hand clasped around his was grinning, showing pearly teeth. Although he was right next to to Jaejoong, his face was hazy. Jaejoong couldn't recognize him. They were surrounded by a green scenery. It was bright and everything screamed happiness. He looked at the man next to him again in frustration. "Who are you?" He was met with a toothy grin. "Do I know you right now?" The bow shaped lips curled up in a smile. Jaejoong asked in frustration, "Who are you?!"

The vision or memory faded and Jaejoong was met with a concerned gaze from Changmin and Yoochun. "Hyung, are you okay?"

Junsu turned around, "Do you need to rest?"

Jaejoong shook his head, "No, I just had a...flashback I think. I can't tell if it was my imagination or a memory." He hesitated, "Have I ever gone to a park or something with any of you?"

Laughing Changmin replied, "Of course! We all go to the park on weekends when the weather is great."

"Sometimes we don't ALL go together though. Chunnie and I go by ourselves occasionally." Junsu piped in.

Jaejoong laughed, "It's good to know we weren't the type of people to shut ourselves inside when it's a nice day out then." He stood up, "I think I'll go shower. I'll take Junsu's advice and get some rest. Maybe it'll help me remember something."

He stopped by the open kitchen on the way to check up on Yunho. The younger male was rinsing off the last few plates. "Yunho?"

Yunho turned his head around, "Hm? Game ended?"

"No it's still ongoing. I just thought I'd shower and head off to bed. I'm a bit tired." Jaejoong admitted. "Thanks for doing the dishes!"

Smiling, Yunho nodded, "Alright, have a good night!"

Jaejoong turned to leave but paused half step, "Yunho?"

The latter had already turned back to the sink, "Hm?"

"Whatever fight we had in the past, I want to say I'm sorry. And if you were in the wrong or you feel like you were wrong, then I'd like you to know that I forgive you. It probably wasn't even a big deal anyway so, we can just forget about it." Jaejoong watched as Yunho froze, the plate falling back in the sink. It was a long three seconds before Yunho picked up the plate again, "Thank you Jaejoong. I'm glad to know."

As Jaejoong left for the bathroom, Yunho sighed. He had heard the conversation in the living room and so he knew why Jaejoong would mention a fight. Otherwise, Yunho might have believed that Jaejoong's memories had returned. If they did return, he'd never be forgiven. No, Yunho had already said too many regrettable things and Jaejoong had seen unpleasant images. If Jaejoong really knew, he wouldn't have easily forgiven Yunho.

He thought about the other half of the conversation. Jaejoong mentioned a park. Sure, they've all gone to parks together but could it be a coincidence that he was remembering that day? Of all the things he could recall, it was that one day. The start of it all. He wasn't sure whether he loved that day or hated it. The only thing Yunho was sure, was that Jaejoong was hiding something from himself. Jaejoong seemed to have lost that memory and anything connected to it. Maybe it was to restore their friendship. Maybe it was to protect himself from getting hurt.

Whatever the reason, Yunho wanted Jaejoong back. He missed his best friend. And regardless of whether Jaejoong would ever forgive him or understand, Yunho wanted to apologize and let Jaejoong hear the truth.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for going back on my words! I took too long to update. 

For those who are still here, thank you so much! I really appreciate your following my really unplanned-all-over-the-place-fic.  I will probably be ending this fic soon.

Please do leave a comment!

Thank you so much for reading. ^^