Cafe Confessions

Forgotten Memories

I lied! Here's the next chapter. ^^

-------------------------------------

 

Yunho was speechless. He was caught off-guard. He knew what he should say. He knew what he wanted to say. But he just couldn't bring himself to say it. He couldn't believe it. He thought he could tell Jaejoong. He thought he changed. But nothing had changed. He was about to disappoint Jaejoong all over again.

"It's not that I do.."

Jaejoong cut him off sharply, "Forget it. It was probably my fault. I'm delusional. Sorry."

"No, Jae it's not like that--"

"I get it. It's alright. I shouldn't have brought that up when I didn't know anything."

Yoochun stepped out into the backyard, "Jaejoong, it's your turn! Don't worry, I'll keep Yunho company."

As Jaejoong, went into the house, Yoochun hit Yunho upside the head, "Seriously? That was the best you could say?"

Jaejoong stepped out of the shower, feeling somewhat refreshed but hot. Unfortunately, the sunny weather had caused him to begin sweating again. He could feel his shirt beginning to stick onto his skin. He slid the screen door open, "I'm done." Avoiding Yunho's gaze, he turned back into the kitchen to rinse off the plates. Yunho made his way to the bathroom, head hanging low. Yoochun was tending to the pool outside, throwing a fine net over the water to prevent leaves and larger bugs from falling in. It was only a few minutes before the doorbell rang cheerily, announcing the presence of a visitor. 

"It might be Junsu and Changmin, they probably forgot the keys!" Yoochun called from outside.

Jaejoong pulled the kitchen gloves off and unlocked the door, "Did you guys really forget your--"

It wasn't Changmin or Junsu at the door. Rather, a woman in her mid-twenties with long brown locks, bright chocolate eyes and red painted lips smiled widely at him.

"Jaejoong!" She exclaimed, "I'm so glad to see you! I heard what happened and I was so worried! I just got back from a business trip and I wanted to visit as soon as possible!" 

The woman beamed up at Jaejoong. He searched the woman's face, but couldn't register it in his mind.

"Sorry. You probably heard of what happened right? It seems that I don't quite remember you either." He felt guilty for forgetting someone who seemed so close to him. "I will definitely try to remember something though!" 

Jaejoong gestured for the woman to step in the house as he closed the door behind her. The woman pulled him into a hug, "That's alright! Take your time and don't feel bad at all." She grinned, "Let's start over then! Hi! I'm Seo Jun Ha. I go by Junha, but sometimes you call me Junnie."

Jaejoong returned her grin, "Kim Jaejoong. I don't remember what you call me."

"That's alright! I always call you Jaejae."

"Jaejae? Hm, that's a new one." 

"I made it up myself!" Junha nodded proudly, "By the way, we totally need to catch up! You remember that cafe a few blocks away? I'll meet you there for some afternoon tea. Sound good?"

"Of course! I'm free for the rest of the day anyway." 

"Great! That's a date then!" Junha paused to glance around, "Where is everyone, by the way?"

"Changmin and Junsu are at a game, Yunho's in the shower and Yooch--well speak of the devil."

The screendoor opened and Yoochun stepped in, looking sweaty and irritated. His eyes fell on Junha and they widened. His cheery face twisted into a fierce scowl.

"GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL NOT HESITATE TO THROW YOU OUT."

Jaejoong watched in shock as the friend he knew as a patient and compassionate individual raised his voice to yell at their visitor. Junha was equally as shocked. Frightened, she nodded a quick goodbye to Jaejoong before scampering out the door. An engine sounded and they heard her drive away from the neighborhood. Jaejoong was too shocked to question Yoochun. His outburst was too unlike him and Jaejoong was scared. 

"It's too hot outside." Yoochun broke the silence, "Anyway, I think I'll go pick up Junsu and Changmin. I'm worried they'll get a heat if they walk home in this temperature." 

Jaejoong didn't want to be left alone with Yunho. "Can I tag along?"

Immediately catching on, Yoochun nodded, "Of course! We can stop by somewhere to get some coffee then." He quickly left a note explaining where everyone went for Yunho, and grabbed the car keys.

In the car, Jaejoong cleared his throat but timidly asking, "W-why can't Junha be in our house?"

Yoochun noticably stiffened before answering, "She's a bi--" He cut himself short in favor of a softer word, "She's a bum."

Jaejoong nodded, deciding not to ask for details. It was probably something personal and private. Instead, he whipped out his phone and dialed up Changmin, "Hey Min, we're coming to pick you up! Wait for us in the parking lot. Be sure to stay in the shade! Hm? No, of course I'm not driving! Yoochun's the driver. You won't feel safe with my driving? YAH! Shim Changmin, I bet I drove better than you ever hav--DID HE JUST HANG UP ON ME?!"

He sighed and pocketed his phone while Yoochun chuckled quietly, "You two are always so hot-headed in arguments. It's kind of cute."

Twenty minutes later, they were all seated in a snug coffee shop. The younger two were describing the game in detail, words flying out of their mouths at a inhumane speed. Yoochun was back to his cheery self, laughing along when Junsu mentioned how close Changmin was to ripping the baseball out of the neighboring fan's glove when they reached out in front of him to catch it. Jaejoong agreed that he should have done so and high-fived Changmin, earning him a playful slap from Junsu. "That's rude!"

Changmin protested, "So was jumping out in front of me!" 

Jaejoong grinned, eyes twinkling in mischief, "You should have knocked him over and taken the ball."

"Jaejoong, how are you older than all of us?" Junsu asked in disbelief.

"That's why we love him!" Changmin laughed.

Minutes soon turned to hours. Jaejoong excused himself, "I've got a date with a friend. See you guys later!" He waved, paid his half of the bill and left the cafe.

"So Chunnie, why isn't Yunho here?"

"Actually I was wondering that too."

Yoochun sighed, "Well remember what happened before the accident? When Jaejoong..." He told Junsu and Changmin what had happened between Yunho and Jaejoong in the pool, relating it to the day of the car accident.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong hailed a taxi outside and gave him directions to another cafe. Upon arriving, he could already see Junha sitting inside. She waved at him, "There you are!" 

Jaejoong took the seat adjacent to her, "Shall we order something?"

"Oh I've already ordered something for you. You always get this whenever we come here!" 

He nodded, "Thanks! So then, would you mind telling me our relationship? I really can't remember anything." Jaejoong admitted sheepishly.

Junha smiled, "Of course, of course! Shall I start with how we met?"

 

Junha watched as a handsome, tall man strode past her, a slightly smaller and more feminine male laughing next to him. They stood at the entrance of the park's tallest rollercoaster ride, and she could see the smaller man trying to pull away from the entrance. However, the taller man easily dragged him along and they disappeared into the line. Junha followed, grabbing her friend as well. They filed behind the two men, Junha's attention on the taller male distracting her from what her friend was saying.

"Seo Junha! Are you listening to me?" 
"Huh? Oh yeah."
"What did I say?"
"You said..."
"See? You weren't. Hello? Junha!" A sly grin spread across her friend's face, "Ohhh, you've got your eyes on someone. Which one is it? Go say something!"
Junha ignored her friend, a blush spreading furiously across her cheeks. By the time they had reached the ride, she was sweating and feeling anxious. She watched as the tall man stepped into the vehicle and waited for his friend to follow. However, the man was even paler than before and frozen on the spot. He shook his head rapidly, refusing to enter. On the other hand, Junha's friend had already sat down in the row behind the taller man. She patted the seat next to her, "Get in already! Didn't you want to ride this?"
Junha was frozen as well, she wasn't about to go this far just for some good looking man. Finally, the ride attendants stepped forward and moved Junha's friend to the empty spot next to Yunho. Junha and the other male were politely pointed toward the exit with a reassuring, "It's okay, it happens all the time. Come back when you feel more confident."
Junha followed the man to the entrance of the ride. Awkwardly, they found a nearby spot under a tree and waited for their friends.
The man was the first to break the silence, "Were you dragged on the ride as well?"
Junha laughed sheepishly, feeling embarrassed, "Actually, I was the one who insisted on going."
"Oh."
They fell into another awkward silence.
"Was there a reason why?"
"Y-yes, actually..."
 
 
"Ah, so that's how we met? Both too scared to get on the ride and ended up chatting together instead."

Junha laughed, "Pretty much."

Jaejoong leaned in, "So then what's our relationship like?"

"We're best friends!" Junha chirped, "We talk to each other about anything, we gossip like schoolgirls, we cry and laugh together."

Jaejoong offered her a friendly smile, "In that case, let's keep it that way."

"I'd really like that." Junha smiled back at him.

A waitress walked up to their table and set down two glasses of smoothies, orange and strawberry. Junha took the orange smoothie. Assuming the strawberry was his, Jaejoong stuck a straw in the glass and took a sip. Strange, he remembered ordering mango more often than strawberry at this cafe. 

"What happened between you and Yoochun anyway?" Jaejoong asked, curious for his friend's strange behaviour.

"Oh he hates me for a misunderstanding." Junha clarified, "I was talking to Junsu and Yoochun thought I was trying to kiss him or something. It actually quite entertaining how he stormed into the cafe and pulled Junsu out."

She sighed, "Anyway, he's just wary around me all the time now."

Jaejoong chuckled, "I guess he only entrusts Junsu with Changmin then. But don't you have a boyfriend or something? I mean--you're pretty and cute. How can you not have one?" He watched as Junha's cheeks turned a dark shade of red, "Ohhh you do! Who is it?"

"Well.." Junha paused and hesitated, "I wanted to tell you earlier, but I wasn't sure whether I should. It'd sound really rude of me if I just walked up to you, told you my name and who my boyfriend was. Anyone would think that means 'stay away from my man'. Of course, it doesn't apply to you at all."

Jaejoong gazed expectantly at her.

"My boyfriend is Yunho. I know you guys are childhood friends so I didn't want to suddenly tell you that and shock you. Besides, I know you don't feel that way for him so I had no need to claim him."

Jaejoong paused, processing the information. A rush of guilt immediately flooded through him. He did feel a little something for Yunho.

"Congratulations! I didn't know that. He didn't tell me. But then, there's a lot of things he doesn't tell me." He perked up, "Maybe you can help!"

Junha nodded, "Sure, anything!"

"Do I have a relationship like that? A girlfriend? Or a boyfriend?" He asked shyly, looking down.

"Jaejae! Poor Jaejae! I'm quite surprised no one told you! I guess it's so that you won't feel pressured about anything."

"What? What?" Jaejoong was on the edge of his seat, nearly jumping off.

"You're in a relationship with Changmin! I can't believe they didn't say anything about it!"

 

-------------------------------------

A longer chapter since I'm leaving tomorrow! Sorry for the weird formatting in Junha's recollection of how they met. 

This fic should be ending in the next two chapters. Thank you all so much for supporting Forgotten Memories!

Please enjoy! ^^