Coma

Forgotten Memories

 

Screech

An accident. 

A crowd of people talking.

A person is rushed into the hospital...

Beepbeep beep beep...beep....beep......

The beeping of a heart monitor, slowing.

Beeeeep. 

"We're losing him!"

"Get the defibrillator!"

Yunho had rushed to the hosipital the moment he identified the car on the news. He knew it was Jaejoong's. There was no doubt about it. He wished--hoped he was wrong. With a uneasy and worried heart, he rushed to the hospital.

---------------------------------

Yunho had rushed to the hosipital the moment he identified the car on the news. He knew it was Jaejoong's. There was no doubt about it. He wished--hoped he was wrong. With a uneasy and worried heart, he rushed to the hospital.
 
--A few hours later--
 
Yunho sat in a chair in the waiting room, feeling numb. His worst fears were confirmed. The car...really was Jaejoong's. He shivered as he recalled what the nurse had informed him. "You should be...prepared...the accident was damaging." He looked up as the sound of footsteps approaching got louder. *Was is the nurse? Did she have news?? How is Jaejoong doing?* Questions swirled in his mind. "Hyung!" Four slightly younger males, hurried over to their friend. "What happened? Is Jaejoong-hyung okay? Where is he? Are you okay?" Yunho smiled, so as not to worry his friends. "You guys ask so many questions. All I know is that Jaejoong got in a car accident. I...don't know if he is alright...He is in the ER room right now. As for me, I'm fine. I wasn't involved in the accident..." Yunho replied, though he wasn't fine at all. He was deathly worried and just as depressed. The accident...was partly his fault.
 
"I hate you! I wish I never met you!"
Yunho angrily watched as his thin-waisted friend headed for the apartment door, opening it in one swift movement, Jaejoong left the apartment shared with four other friends. They were his best friends, his brothers...but Yunho was just so...stubborn at times! His cockiness greatly annoyed him. "Well then! I don't want to see your face! Yeah! Go ahead and leave!" Deep inside, Jaejoong winced at the sharp words. Outside, he was already agitated and waved the remarks away. He rushed to his car and started it, heading out the parking lot.
 
Yunho remembered standing by the window and watching as Jaejoong furiously drove away. As of now, he couldn't even remember what they were arguing on.  Lost in his thoughts, he wasn't paying attention to YooSuMin's reactions and questions. What took him out of his thoughts was noticing a nurse walking towards them. Yunho shot up from his seat. "How is he? Is he alright?" The nurse looked solemnly at the four males. "Mr. Kim's condition is stablized right now. The operation was successful. You are allowed to see him but..." Yunho cut the nurse off, "But what?! What happened?!" He demanded, the panic inside him, releasing. "I think you should see the doctor for the rest, He is inside with the patient. Room 401." The nurse turned around and led them to the room. She left after they went in. 
 
Inside the room, a doctor greeted them. Then, he stated bluntly, "Mr. Kim is in a coma. We are unsure whether he will wake up or not...or how long it will last. I'm sorry, we've already done the best we could." With that, the doctor left. Yunho grazed his eyes over the still body of his best friend. He could feel the tears coming. Jaejoong, why did it have to be you? Why couldn't it be me? Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin understood that Yunho need some time alone. "Hyung, we will wait for you outside." Though they were all worried about their oldest hyung, they all let Yunho have time alone with Jaejoong.
 
Yunho looked heartbroken at his best friend's bandaged face. The last talk we had was a fight...The tears that he had tried to suppress leaked out and trailed down his cheek. "Please don't leave me...Jaejoong don't leave.." Yunho began sobbing uncontrollably. He felt like he couldn't leave without Jaejoong. They were friends no--best friends, but Yunho had began to develop deeper feelings. He had began to fall in love with the beautiful angel...
 
YooSuMin found their best friend sobbing his heart out when they entered the room. Yoochun moved over to Yunho, gently patting his shoulder, "Shh, hyung....He will be alright." Changmin smiled at Yunho, "Yeah hyung, Jaejoong hyung is very strong. He will be alright." Junsu added, ""He never loses!" Yunho nodded, his shoulders racking as he tried to dry the tears. "Jaejoong will make it."
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sorry, is this chapter short?
 What do you think so far? Any ideas or suggestions? It might not be very good, since this is my first fic...>/////<
Please comment! They are very much appreciated!
I will try to update the next chapter soon. I have a bit of it written out already. XD Please look forward to it!
 
(I apologize about the typos and such. =______= I'm typing this at 2:50am...Please bear with me.)