The Break Up

What Matters Most

 

The day Hyomin learned about the arranged marriage, her mind was full of Siwon. She knows Siwon won't let her and he won't take this off lightly. She loves him but she loves her parents more. She always wants to obey them, believing that their decision is best for her. She kept thinking how she would break it up with Siwon. But just thinking about it make her break into a cry. She didn’t have the courage to tell him, to break it up for him. But she decided that she has to tell him right away. The sooner, the better.

 

Two days after the date with the Kwon family. Hyomin finally found the courage to face Siwon. Her engagement with Seulong wasn't made public yet, due to her request. Even in the elite class, there was no rumor about it, also due to her request. She wanted that she will be the one to tell Siwon about it. She asked Siwon to meet her to their favorite restaurant.

 

She was there an hour early. She was really nervous and is finding the right words to break it to Siwon. After 45 minutes, Siwon entered. He was surprised to see Hyomin earlier than him. He put on his best smile before approaching Hyomin. He kissed her neck from the back which made Hyomin shrieked. He was confused by her reaction but instead, chuckled. "Are you ok, baby?" Siwon asked. Hyomin decided to end this soon as she can't bare the heavy burden. She knows she will regret this someday. "I'm actually not okay." Hyomin sternly said. Siwon frowned immediately. "did something wrong happen?" "I'm engaged now, siwon." Hyomin said as her voice cracked up. "What?" Siwon yelled in surprise. "don't play a prank on me babe. Especially That prank. It isn't funny." Siwon said reaching his girlfriend's hand on the table. "I'm not joking Siwon." hyomin said and she explained that her family agreed to marry her so as to merge business. " Who is the guy?" Siwon asked sternly. "It's Kwon-Im Seulong." Hyomin answered honestly. Siwon's fist formed into a ball. 'why him? Why them? Out of all the people? Why not merge with our company?' siwon thought. "Let's elope." Siwon said casually. Hyomin's eyes widened. "let's elope. I know that you love me and I love you. So, there's no point for you to agree in this marriage." Siwon added. Hyomin shook her head as she stared on the floor. "I'm sorry, Siwon. I love you but I love my parents more. I know this is the best for me." Hyomin answered, still with tears in her eyes. "best for you? What do they know? Did they know that you already have a boyfriend whom you love and love you so much?" Siwon was now angry. "I'm really sorry." Hyomin added and ran out of the restaurant as fast as she could. It wasn't a good break up as it is expected. But this is the best for them.

 

Siwon was left there with tears flowing from his eyes. He can only think of one thing - revenge.