The Date

What Matters Most

 

The Kwon family, SangWoo, Yoojin and Seulong, were already in their private room of their famous restaurant. The door opened and the Park family entered. Mr. and Mrs. Park entered smilingly and hand in hand. Hyomin entered with her head down she looked up to the Kwon family and paid her respect. The parents introduced the two to each other. Hyomin commented that she knew Seulong is very popular in the univeristy. She also said that all the Kwon-Im children are popular. She added that Yuri is a good friend and Yoona is a classmate. Seulong didn't talk much. After a while, their parents left them, reasoning that they should have their own alone time.

 

There was an awkward silence. Hyomin broke it asking why he agreed with the marriage. Seulong abruptly answered with a sorry look that it was best for both families. "I think we should give each other time to get to know more. I'm glad that we still have a year to hopefully grow feelings for one another." Hyomin said shyly. Seulong smirked. "I know that you have a boyfriend. Why aren't you asking me to call this off?" "as you said, it was best for our families." Hyomin said almost angrily. She is confused with this guy in front of her.  It's as if he cared for her but at the same time giving a cold atmosphere as he is known of. "So, you're sacrificing yourself. Then, I respect your decision and your noble character." Seulong said with a pity to the girl. "I'm young. As much as I loved him, he might not be the one for me. Who knows, it might be you. Let's work hard to make this relationship work." Hyomin said reaching her hand to him. "whatever you say. Just don't tell me I didn't give you the benefit of a doubt." Seulong said, not taking Hyomin hands and stood. "let's go, I guess let's call this date done. Be prepared for everything." Seulong said, advising her.

 

She slowly put her hands down and glared at Seulong for not being polite. Seulong smirked and opened the door, signaling that she should go first. Since Hyomin was left there without her driver as her parents purposefully did it, Seulong has no choice but to send her back to her home. The ride was just silent. No one dared to make a conversation.