The First Step

What Matters Most

 

Yuri was already inside the dance studio for her lesson. She was majoring in Accountancy and she just fit dancing into her schedule as it is one of her many passions. Nobody has come yet, she was 15 minutes early. So, she took advantage of it and practiced a routine as her warm up. Unknown to her, someone was watching from the door, completely amazed by her smooth and sharp moves.

 

Donghae was walking to his next class, dancing. He was shocked to here a music coming from his classroom. He was sure he was early. He looked at his watch again and it says he's 15 minutes early. He walked silently to his classroom to see who was using it. As he quietly stepped on the door, he saw a girl dancing smoothly. He was mesmerized by how she gracefully moved her body and he knew she was enjoying the dance. The music stop and Donghae didn't notice it as he was still amazed by her, staring at every bit of her.

 

Yuri was stunned to see someone at the door, staring at her. Is he a ert? She thought. She noticed that he is one of the sons of the Brothers Group of Companies, the one she saw just this morning. "yah! Snap out of your ert thoughts!" Yuri shouted at him. It made Donghae startled and got back to reality. "Excuse me?" He went inside and went to her. Yuri was ready to kick him if ever he get anymore close. "How would I get erted with you? You must be dreaming." Donghae said cockily. At this Yuri felt insulted but tried to control herself. "why are you even here?" Yuri asked getting farther from him. "I belong in this class. And You?" Donghae answered. "What? Why am I so unlucky?" Yuri said indisgust. "Oh, so you're in this class too. You must be very thankful." Donghae said. Yuri ran to the other corner to stop herself from saying anything more.

 

The students started to come inside the classroom. The girls shrieked the moment they saw Donghae. While the boys high-fived when they saw Yuri. At this sight, Donghae was pissed. Can't these boys get a hold of themselves? He thought in disgust. The dance teacher then came in. he told the class of the rules and what he is expecting from the students. Donghae kept on glancing at Yuri who was alone in the corner.' Wow! She's listening intently. She must really love dancing.' he thought. The dance teacher then said that they should get a partner. By this, all the girls were looking at Donghae's direction hopefully, whereas the boys were looking at Yuri dreamily. By this, Yuri felt uncomfortable.

 

"Ok. Looks like we have a favorite male and female students here, huh? So who would like to pair up with Lee Donghae?" at this, all the girls immediately threw their hands in the air except for Yuri. The teacher and Donghae noticed it. Before the teacher could even speak, Donghae stood up and gained everyone's attention. "Sir, seems like somebody wants to do something different to make you or me choose her as my partner." he said smirking. "well, in that case, I would like that she would be my dance partner." all the girls then murmured, some almost crying. The boys was kicking Donghae in their thoughts. Yuri was just lost. 'was it me?' "well, I think that would be a good idea, Mr. Lee. Ms. Kwon-Im Yuri right?" the teacher asked. Yuri nodded. "You got your chance. Your dance partner for the whole semester is Lee Donghae. Please sit beside him." the teacher pointed to where Donghae was sitting. Yuri's jaw dropped. She didn't want to be partnered with that erted and arrogant guy. Donghae smiled in victory while thinking, 'Step one checked.'