The Conversation

What Matters Most

 

Later that day, Seulong was with his brother. "wow, hyung! You really don't care who you are marrying? Have you heard that Hyomin is the girlfriend of Siwon… hyung, Siwon, one of our rivals." Jiyoung said almost yelling. "Of course, I know that. But it was already decided. So, she had just to leave that siwon." Seulong just answered casually. "I can't believe you, hyung. You just don't care about love, aren't you?" Jiyoung nudged his brother. "look who's talking?" Seulong said raising an eyebrow.

 

That day, they also had their dinner together. It was a happy dinner with Yuri, mostly talking and their mom and Jiyoung answering. Nobody said a single word about the arranged marriage. After the dinner, Seulong went to the garden. He was surprised to see their mother there, smiling back to him. "I knew you would come here." She said. "why?" Seulong asked. "Of course, I'm your mom, silly. Son, I'm sorry about the marriage. Tell me, what are you thinking right now." Yoojin asked her son guiltily. "mom, you know I would do everything for our family, which includes the company. I don't plan to marry actually but I think this marriage will also be beneficial for me." Seulong said assuring his mom. "I've always dreamt that my children will marry the one they truly loved. I have high hope on this marriage son. That love will grow someday. Hopefully before marriage." Yoojin said cheerfully. "I hope you'll be happy Seulong, my son. Thank you so much honey." Yoojin kissed his son's cheeks and went inside.

 

Seulong just stared at the sky after his mother went. Then he felt someone's hand on his shoulder. It was his father. "I know what you're thinking." His father started. "why I let you end this way when I myself was free to choose whom I will marry." he continued. Still Seulong didn't answer. "I hope you didn't take it that way, son. You know how much I love all of you. I only noticed that you didn't take much interest to girls, just work. I want you to end up to someone deserving of you. Hyomin is a great girl. I think you will fall for her before you knew it." His father said the last sentence teasingly. "dad, I've always known that your decisions are good. I just hope that it will apply to this situation. Hyomin is the girlfriend of one of our rivals. For me, it was okay as I don't have any commitment other than this family. What about her?" Seulong said, sounding concerned on the girl. "we already discuss that. Her parents said that Hyomin might easily forget about that Siwon guy. She needs time, just like you… it's getting late now. I think we had to head back in." Sang Woo said and retreated inside.

 

Seulong sighed heavily and also went back inside. As he entered his room, he was surprised to see Yuri sitting in his bed, humming something. "Oppa, you're now here! I've seen you talked first with mom and then with dad. Are they saying their farewell to their first child." Yuri brother. "Silly. What are you doing here anyway?" Seulong asked but he is sure she will be talking about the marriage. "Well, same thing.. But not farewell of course" Yuri said confidently. And Seulong was right. "Hyomin is my friend and she is a kind girl. Oppa, you're a nice guy and a very loving brother. But Hyomin has a boyfriend. So, I'm kind of concerned of what she is feeling now. Oppa, just call it a quit when after sometime you don't really feel anything for her." Yuri said caringly. "and oppa, I also want you to be with the one you love, although I know that you aren't planning to marry. Oppa, I love you so much." Yuri ended with a smile and hugged him tightly. Seulong hugged her back, knowing that he really need it right now. Yuri always know how to ease heavy feelings. "Thank you, yuri." he said breaking the hug and patting her head. "yah! Why do you treat me like a kid?" Yuri protested because of the pat. Seulong only chuckled. "good night oppa!" Yuri then went out of the room. Seulong left behind contented and renewed, thanks to their angel.