The Situation

What Matters Most

 

The entire Kwon-Im family was sitting in their dining table for breakfast. Their parents wanted them to always eat together during breakfast, no matter how busy they were and if possible, during dinner as well. But the latter wasn't most of the time. As soon as they had their seat, Yuri greeted her parents and her brothers. She is the sweetest and most showy among them. She then happily told Yoona that Jessica and Krystal's cousins are arriving and that she is excited to meet them. Yoona cares less about these new people. Yoona is the complete opposite of her sister. Her sister makes friends easily whereas she finds it hard to trust others besides her family. Her friendship with Jessica only bloomed after 6 months, after an incident when Jessica helped her. She isn't friends with Krystal as she feels that they are not compatible, that they will only explode. Their parents and brothers were only amused with both of them.

 

They continued eating until their father cleared his throat. All their attention went to him."Seulong, son." Sang Woo said. "yes, father?" Seulong immediately replied. "Since you had already graduated, I want you to take on a higher level." Their father paused scanning all the faces staring in confusion at him. " I actually want to merge with the Park Hotels. And to make this merging stronger… I agreed to marry you with Mr. Park's daughter, Hyomin." their father continued. All jaws dropped and Jiyoung, Yuri and Yoona shifted their gaze from their father to Seulong. Their mother, who had argued about this but was defeated just kept mum. " I know that you already know Park Hyomin, right? As she goes to your former university. And I've heard that she's your good friend." he directed the last question to Yuri and Yoona. "So I guess it wouldn't be hard for you, her and our family to get along well." he ended and waited for his son's reply. "If that is what's good for the company and the family, I'll do It father." and everyone's eyes widened even their mom. "that's great son. We, your mom and I, Mr. and Mrs. Park will be arranging a date with you. It might be tomorrow night." His father said.

 

The breakfast ended and everyone left to where they will be on that day. The twins stayed at home.