School is.. school

Just listen..

Jaden’s pov:

As soon as the bell rings I stand up, pack my bag and walk out of the classroom. That way I’ll make it before she gets out of the classroom. She doesn’t know the way or anything, so I’ll just pick her up. Is it weird? I mean.. That I do this? No. No, I’m just helping her. Right? Just as I arrive at the classroom, Dawne walks out. “Hey, how did it go?” “Wow, you’re fast. Where did you have class just yet?” “Not far away from here. I just thought it was better for me to pick you up from here instead of that you were going to look for me and get lost.” It takes a little while for her to realize, but… “There you got a point,” she says while chuckling. “Come on then,” I say. “Where are we going?” “Relax, I know some nice spots. At least we’re not going to stay here.” I take her arm and press us through the crowd until we get to a place where there is way more space for almost the same number of people. That’s better.
“But, as I asked, how did it go?” “Eh.. It eh..” She sighs. “It .” After that she chuckles for a moment, but with a face that doesn’t really match it. I don’t really know why, but it seems like she doesn’t really know either. “What? Why?” “Well, let’s say.. I would just get weird faces and strange questions. They were all chuckling and whispering all the time and I have no idea why or what was so funny. I really don’t.” “Well, then you’re probably going to find out now. In class those kids barely dare to say anything when there’s a teacher, but in the break..” She looks down. “I’m sorry. I mean, I’ve seen it. It , really, but.. It’s probably just because you’re the new one. I know you’ve been out of it for a while but… I don’t really know what’s strange and what’s not anymore. I just know school is.. school. Nothing more or less. And yeah, it sometimes.” “Well, alright, but.. I expected at least a bit more than this.” “Don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine. It’s only your first day here. There’s loads of time left yet.” After a while she looks up and smiles. “Thanks.” “You’re welcome,” I say a bit too exaggerated, but.. Ah well.
We both get our food out of our bags and start eating. I look around for a moment. “Hey, isn’t he also in your class?” I ask while pointing at the boy who’s coming around the corner. “Eh.. Yes, he is. He was also pretty.. weird to me. Actually they all were, but still.” “Ah, that’s Jeremy. He thinks he’s really something, but he’s the exact opposite of that. Doesn’t really surprise me that he acts like that. I actually think he does that to everyone who he thinks that he’s ‘lower’ than him.” But then he’s heading in our way, with a few other boys and girls. es. First it seems like they’re coming to us, but then they just walk along us. “Hey, Dawne.” Jeremy says her without even really looking. “What do you want, Jeremy?” I ask. “Nothing,” Jeremy says, not very shocked about my appearance. “I just wanted to ask her something. He looks at her, but Dawne just looks down and tries not to look or react in any kind of way. “Hello, I want to ask you something. You’re supposed to look at someone when he asks you something or calls your name. So.. How was it at the nuthouse?”
Then they all snort with laughter and then walk on again. Dawne immediately looks up with big eyes and watches them go. “What the ? What was all of that?” I ask really confused. I look at Dawne, but she doesn’t look back. She doesn’t answer either. “Dawne, what was that about?” “I don’t know. Nothing. I guess..” “Come on, Dawne. They say a lot of weird things but they don’t just come up with something like that?” Again she doesn’t answer. “You almost make me think they are right about it, in some kind of way. Are they?” “No.” I sigh, out of relief. She takes a deep breath. “Not exactly..” she eventually adds to it. I look at her again. “What are you talking about?” I see tears coming up in her eyes, just a bit. “How do they even know?” she whispers very softly while looking down. “What did you say? So they really were right?” “Jaden, stop it.” “But Dawne..” “Just leave me alone for a moment!” She puts the food back in her bag, takes the bag and walks away fast. I want to follow her at first, but there are too many people coming ahead and I’m pretty sure I’m going to lose her in that crowd. I’ll find her back, next break or something. Now I pack my bag again too and walk to the classroom where I’m having next class. I hope she’s alright. But really.. What was that all about just yet?!

 

 

Yeah, it all probably sounds pretty weird, doesn't it..? Well, it's gonna get clear, I promise, but.. slowly.
Oh right, and comment please!;D

xxx