What is their problem?

Just listen..

Dawne’s pov:

As soon as we arrive at school we get off the bike, put it in the bicycle shed and hurry inside. We may be on time, but I’ve still got to talk to some people before class starts. Well, then I’ll better hurry, right? “Have you got any idea where this room is?” I ask while looking at the paper that’s supposed to say everything I need to know. “I think.. Yeah, that’s right over here.” We stand still in front of the door and I take a breath. Just as I want to knock on the door, it’s already being opened. The woman who appears in front of us is a bit frightened at first, but then, I think, she sees who I am. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know there was someone standing in front of the door. Eh.. You must be Dawne, right?” “Eh.. Yes, I am.” “Oh, good. I’m Diann Reese. I have to say.. You’re not too late but you’re close to it.” I sigh. Yeah, I already expected that. “Eh, yeah. I’m s…” “That’s my fault, Mrs. Reese. She was really on time, but I was.. pretty late and we needed to go together so..” “Ah, thank you for mentioning that. Eh.. I will guide you to the classroom, Dawne, mostly because I’m the one who’ll be giving you your first class. So, are you coming?” I nod, but then I look at Jaden. “Well, I guess I’ll see in the break again,” he says. “Yeah..” “And don’t worry, I’ve got your timetable. My mom gave me that, so I could guide you and stuff and just eh.. keep an eye on you.” He smiles for a moment. Then he turns around and waves, sort of.
Alright, now I’m getting much more nervous, as I’m alone now, at least.. There isn’t anyone I know. “So, come on, Dawne.” She starts to walk and I guess I should just follow her. “I know a bit of your story and how long it has been you’ve been to school and stuff, so I do kind of understand your situation.” First I just nod, but then.. Wait. “Do you also know about… What I have?” She turns around and sees my concerned face. “Don’t worry. They didn’t even want to tell me. They said that we should know you had a complicated past and that you had a disease, but they didn’t tell what happened and what you had, so.. But according to them it wouldn’t be of much importance now, so just feel like a normal kid, like all the others. Because.. you’re the same.” Tss.. I’m the same. Yeah, right. “Well, here it is. Are you ready? I’m first going to introduce you for a moment of course, so get set,” she says with a smile. Before I can even react or nod or something, she already opens the door and.. Yeah, the classroom is full of people.
“Everybody, sit down please. Guys, the table’s not a chair, I thought you finally understood that. ” Wow, she’s a real leader. In just a few seconds almost everybody is in their seats, except for a few people of course, they just take it easy. And unfortunately.. everyone is quiet now. And.. they are all looking at me. Great.. “So, good morning, everyone. As you probably know there’s a new student entering this class from today on and this is her. Come on, introduce yourself.” I’m still like two meters away from her and I’m thinking about if I wouldn’t just want to keep it like that. I sigh. But I guess I have no choice. I walk up to her, go stand right next to her and look at the class. “I’m Dawne. Eh… I’m seventeen.” I think for a moment. What do I still have to say? “And… That’s it,” I say while looking at Diann. For a moment she seems to consider the fact that I may be able to tell more, but, thank GOD, she understands, cause I don’t want to. At all! “Alright. Thank you, Dawne. Just go sit in the empty seat on the third row.” As soon as she finished her sentence I walk to the empty seat. “Mrs. Reese, hasn’t she got anything more to tell?” a girl asks while giggling softly with two other girls. Why would they be giggling? Wait.. some guys are chuckling too. Why? Right before I quickly sit down, I look around and get an awful lot of.. weird faces. Did I do something wrong already? “She has told what she wanted to tell you and apparently that was enough for her. And I also wouldn’t have wanted her to tell more to kids who act like this. Now get serious. It may surprise you but I’m also here to teach you something.” Then Diann turns around. I take the books out of my bag and put them on the table. “Are you sure? Most of us may be sixteen, but because we’re younger doesn’t mean you can’t trust us. You can tell us everything,” the boy behind me whispers. Then he chuckles softly, along with a few others. I don’t even bother looking around. But it does bother me a bit. What is their problem?

 

 

If you want that last question (a bit) answered, then you should immediately read chapter 6,
6 is right behind the story of 5 ;D

xxx