Still got to go

Just listen..

Dawne’s pov:

The rest of the evening yesterday went quite smooth. We had some conversations at dinner, not that I spoke that much but still. I did listen. Doloris talked a bit about herself, a bit about Jaden, not about me, thank god. I think Serena has also made her clear that I really want to start over and don’t want to be seen as a patient, even though I am. Alright, I take medicines, pills to be exactly.. But still I’m able to live a, quite, normal life, right?
I’ve had Serena on the phone just yet, about school and stuff and things I need to remember when I go, cause it has been quite a while I actually went to school. But I think I understood everything she said. Actually it’s just obvious what she said. Things like ‘don’t be nervous because you’re a new student’ and ‘try to be as social as possible, even if you don’t really trust the people who guide you into it, they’ve got experience’ and ‘try not to lose yourself if people aren’t nice to you’. Yeah, I know all of that. I just hope I can take the crowd. That place will be full of people. Where I used to be there weren’t that many people. Well, I think there may have been a lot of people, but I only ever saw a couple of them. Not that it all really matters. I mean.. I still have to go. I’m actually packing my bag right now. That was the unfortunate thing about arriving here on a Sunday, have to go to school next day already, great.. I put the last few books in my bag, take my bag and go downstairs.
When I get to the kitchen, I see Doloris is there, having breakfast. “Well, good morning Dawne. Did you sleep well?” I think for a moment. “Well, yeah.” She looks up. “Was the bed alright?” “Yes, it was. It’s pretty soft and… Yeah..” Her look changes. “I’m getting a bit concerned right now. Did you have any bad dreams or something?” “Well…” Now she stops eating. “What was it about?” “It was.. It was nothing, really. I had it before, but.. It has been a while ago. But that.. that didn’t really concern me. I mean.. It’s a dream, right. But I’m still thinking about telling Jaden.” For a moment she thinks, but she already gets it. “You mean.. About your disease? No, I mean.. I’m sorry, ‘disease’ is a very bad thing to call it. You can’t even help it.” “No. It is a disease. No matter if it sounds bad, at least it’s… It’s just the way it is.” She sighs. “So.. You were thinking about telling him? Really?” “Well, yeah. On the one hand I don’t want him to know at all, but on the other hand I think it’s a bit unfair that he doesn’t know because you know too.” She nods. “Yeah, you’re right about both. But.. I don’t think you should tell him. Not yet. But the only thing I want to say about it now is… Don’t tell it if it doesn’t feel right yet. Maybe it’s better for you to get to know each other better and make sure you trust each other. Maybe at that time you should think about it again.” “Think about what?”
I turn around. It’s Jaden! My heartbeat starts to pound like crazy. “Eh… She said I should.. If eh… If it goes alright at school I can get to fifth class, the class I’m supposed to be in, instead of fourth.” Wow, can you believe it? I just made that up, even though I was, and am, so nervous! I’m good.. “Oh, well.. I think it’s a little early to think about that, but of course, maybe after a while you could think about that again.” “Yeah. Th-That’s exactly what she was trying to tell me,” I say with a smile, while nodding. I sigh. That was close.. “Well, eh.. Are you coming?” he asks. “Oh, yeah. Sure.” “You don’t want to be running late at your first day, right?” I chuckle. “Wait, did you two already eat?” I nod. “Well, I didn’t,” Jaden says, “but I’ve got an extra sandwich with me, so I’ll eat that later.” After that he immediately takes his bag and turns around. “Come on, we got to get going.” “Alright.” I turn around too and follow him outside.
He throws his bag down again and gets his bike. “Oh, right. I think I forgot to tell, we were going to get a bike for you but we were a little with that so we haven’t got it yet. It should be ready this week, I don’t really know exactly when, but.. At least, in the mean time we have to go on one bike so…” He steps on his bike and with his hand he signs to the carrier. “Hop on!” he says with a smile. I stand still for a moment, but he looks pretty comfortable with it so I guess it’s alright. “Are you sure that’s ok?” “Of course. Don’t worry, I can carry you.” “Really? Are you sure the bike can carry me?” “Of course. It almost sounds like you’ve never done this before.” “Well.. No.” He looks confused. “You didn’t? Never?” I look down. “No. If I went somewhere.. I was always alone so…” I say, ending with a fake smile that disappears very quickly. When I look up again, I see his face has changed. He now almost looks.. compassionate. But after a few seconds he looks forward again. “Well, it really is alright. Just come on and sit. Just try it.” I walk to the bike and go sit on the carrier. It’s all shaking a bit, but it doesn’t seem that bad. “Are you sitting well?” “Eh.. Yeah, I guess.” “Alright then, let’s go.” Then he starts to drive. Well, this seems alright. After a minute or something he turns around for a moment. “Is it alright?” “Yeah, it’s alright.” But just then I get a bit unbalanced and impulsively I throw my arms around Jaden’s waist, just to hold on to something. After I noticed he was a little frightened by all of my sudden movement, he laughs. “Sorry, didn’t mean to distract you,” he says while still laughing a bit. I know he’s laughing because it’s just funny, but I know he’s also laughing at me. But I don’t really care. I think for the rest of this ride I’m just going to keep my arms like this, in case I get very unbalanced again. Well, maybe also because I’m just comfortable like this. Even though he’s looking forward and he can’t see, I smile. Well.. Maybe it’s even better for him not to see.

 

Please comment people!! I would love it if you do!;D

xxxx