Starting over

Just listen..

Dawne’s pov:

I’m looking at my feet. I don’t want to do this. It was fine with me the way it was. I don’t need to see ‘everything the world has in store for me,’ or something like that. Well.. That’s what they said. And that I didn’t have to be afraid. That everything was going to be alright. But I still don’t want to. I really don’t want too. But of course.. They also said that’s very common for someone in this situation. Like it’s that usual to be in this situation. I know I’m not the only one who’s in it, but still. In the end I sigh, get my bag off the floor and follow the people who were still looking at me, waiting for me to come. Where I’m going… Well, I’m not so sure actually. Actually I don’t even know at all. They told me I was going to some foster family, but not exactly who or where I was going to. Not that I would know the people. Probably not. And not that I really care after all, cause.. Is there a better choice? No, there isn’t. I don’t think I can really count on my parents. I know it’s easy to go to heaven, but to go back? I chuckled for a moment. I’m pretty sure they won’t make it. Even if they would want to. Suddenly the smile on my face, no matter how small it was, vanishes within a second. They wouldn’t want to. Never. Like they would want to meet me again. Like they would say ‘Oh sure, you can stay with us!’ or something like that. Like they wouldn’t just HATE me! I sigh. Like they ever took good care of me.
“Dawne, are you alright?” Serena asked - one of the people who told me all that – because apparently I stood still again at a certain moment. I didn’t even notice. I look at her for a moment and nod. “Alright, then. Come on.” She takes my arm, softly, and guides me to the car. “Everything is going to be alright. You know that, don’t you?” Yeah, I heard that before. I don’t answer, I don’t look at her, but I don’t really ignore it. I just show a tiny smile. That’s it. That’s enough. Eventually I get in the car and just a few seconds later Serena comes sit next to me. “Really, it’s going to b..” “Yeah, I know,” I say irritated but also a bit thankful. No, actually just irritated. Is that wrong? Was it wrong for me to react like that? There’s so much wrong with me, sometimes I don’t even know if it’s normal what I say or do or that it’s another one of my issues. Well, at least Serena found out that she should just better not talk to me and now looks forward. For a moment I look around. The place where I’ve been for such a long time.. Well I think it’s a long time. From one moment to the other I’m just leaving it behind. It’s all going to be alright. There’s nothing to be afraid of. Tss. Yeah, right…