Chapter 9

Unfazed [BL]

 

Yoochun had been out for less than a half hour when his phone rang.  He was greeted by a man’s voice he did not recognize but it kept on nonetheless.  The man gave him directions to a location and then hung up, leaving a very confused Yoochun to his own thoughts.  He kept walking until he unknowingly reached the location, finding it to be a rather familiar restaurant not far from the university he attended.  When he got there the host automatically directed him inside as if expecting him.  It wasn’t long before he noticed there was no one in sight except for him, the host and some waiters.  That is until they reached a booth table in a remote corner of the restaurant.  The familiar figure stood, a slow smile appearing as the unsuspecting guest got closer.

Yoochun held his breath before asking, “What is all this?”

“Dinner” the other simply stated.

“What was with the random call?” the actor asked still confused.

“Insurance.  It was my manager’s idea.  You can’t say you’re a hostage if you came here out of your own free will.”  The actor scowled, weary of Junsu’s attempts as he turned to leave but a firm hold on his arm kept him still.  “Think of it as an apology.”  Yoochun stopped struggling anticipating more but the other remained still.  “Have dinner with me?”

“Why can’t you just say you’re sorry?  Why must you always try to trick me into something rather than be straight forward?”

“It’s hard to say” Junsu answered lowly.

“Why?”

The pop star’s expression changed unexpectedly.  “Because you always avoid me anyway” he answered truthfully.  Jaejoong’s words raced through his mind.  And then Yoochun understood.  The younger man had been trying the entire time just get his attention.

Taking a deep breath the actor relaxed.  “Please let me go.”  And the singer did, a grave look still glued to his tear drop eyes.  But to Junsu’s surprise, Yoochun walked toward the table.  The singer smiled and took his seat.  “How do you know this place,” the actor asked trying to break the awkward silence.

Junsu thought for a moment for making up his mind to answer as truthfully as he could.  “This is where my first contract was secured.  I’ve been here only a few times after.”

“You’re kidding?  I used to work here as a bar tender when I was still a student.”  Junsu resisted the urge to tell him he already knew that so he simply smiled.  Before he could say anymore their server approached the table.

The boy looked young but undoubtedly well grown.  He was tall, broad, shoulders thick with muscle and a devious smirk to boot.  “Hello, my name is Yoo Seung Ho and I will be your server tonight.  Can I start you with anything to drink?”

Junsu POV

I could see him grow uneasy again.  His gaze avoided the young man before our table like he was afraid the other might recognize him.  But judging by the other’s wide eyed smile it was too late.

“Yoochunshii!  It’s good to see you again.  I’ve grown to be big fan of your work” the waiter said innocently.

Yoochun smiled nervously “Seung Ho-ah, you’ve grown.  You could almost be taller than me.”

“Almost” said the excited waiter.

I cleared my throat before breaking the moment, “You two know each other?”  My annoyance not really concealed.

“S-sort o-of” came Yoochun’s stuttered response. 

Realizing he was intruding on the two the young waiter smiled and bowed in apology.  “Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude.  I just got excited.”

“No no, it’s okay. Um, his brother and I dated.  That’s how I know him.  It was years ago … y-you were only… ” Yoochun tried to clarify.

“Twelve.  I was twelve.  I’m nineteen now.”

“I almost didn’t recognize you” Yoochun swallowed.

“A lot has changed over the last seven years hyung.  My brother owns this place now” the young man said proudly.

Again, I could see Yoochun pale.  “I-Is he a-around?”

Seung Ho offered a sympathetic smile before replying, “No.”  Yoochun’s eyes closed in relief.  Now I was more than confused.  The young man took our order and later a bar tender offered us the drink menu.  He waved it off and asked for his usual, a low glass almost to the brim with amber liquid.  I watched him gulp it like water.

“Yoochun-ah, kenchana?” I asked.  He nodded.  “We can leave if you like.  We don’t have stay here.”  But he tried to smile and shook his head before taking another swallow of his drink.

“Do you ever drink?” he asked eying my water glass.  Relieved that the heavy air had lightened I shrugged before affirming a no.   Yoochun’s brow rose in what I could only assume was either surprise or skepticism.  “Why?”

I chuckled at the irony; he was acting like the younger one.  “It’s bad for my voice.  I told you that.”

“A lot of things can be bad for your voice.  Do you avoid all of them?” he asked in monotone.

“I try.”

This time he laughed, “So you must be some kind of health freak then, huh?”

“The worst.  All in the name of health” I said raising my glass.  He scoffed but did the same.

Yoochun cocked his head, contemplating me.  “So you really do take your career very seriously don’t you?”

“What made you think I didn’t?” Yoochun shrugged.  “Music.  Performance.  It’s all I’ve ever known.  My mother was an actress and my father one of the most prominent music producers of the last two decades.  I have high standards to fill. I take it very seriously.  And besides, singing is the only thing I can imagine myself doing for the rest of my life.  It’s more than just an obsession.”

A smirk filled his boyish face, “Really?  And here I thought you liked doing pretty much anything on legs.”

I tried to ignore the hint of truth in his voice. “Like I said … I have high standards” I replied not missing the light blush taking over his round cheeks as I bit my lip remembering the taste of his. 

Yoochun POV

He was looking at me like he normally does with a feral fix in his eyes that always made my skin burn warm.  What is it about this man that makes me so insecure?  He makes me feel so insecure and small.  As if he’s always one step ahead of me.

“Why do you look at me like that?” he suddenly asked.

“Like what?”

He sighed, losing the confidence he’d just displayed.  “Like I’m a threat.”  He looked away and then back at me even sadder than before.  “Don’t you realize that I’m not trying to hurt you?”  Junsu got up a little too quickly, I cringed instinctively.  But we both failed to notice the waiter only inches away from us and Junsu collided right up to him, our food landed on my lap.  “Yoochun-ah!  Omo!  Miannatta!” he said suddenly panicked, his eyes impossibly wide.  He looked almost like a child, ready to be scolded.  I couldn’t help but chuckle at the all too familiar feeling.  “Chunnie?”

“U-uh …  It’s okay.  I’ll go cleanup” I said calmly.

Third POV

Yoochun walked off, not missing the pathetic huff and mess of limbs that collapsed onto the booth nervously.  Unknowingly the actor smiled, endearment clearly evident in his features as he walked toward the restrooms.  He walked into a lavish lavatory complete with a waiting area adorned with two large sofas and long counter space, all in black except for the red brick walls.  Yoochun looked at himself in the mirror.  His hair was growing already curling up at the tip of his ears inspiring a smile from the young actor.  Tugging the infinity scarf lose he moved to soak the rag he’d taken from the young waiter, grateful it had been mostly side dishes and rice on the platter.

“You really shouldn’t cover up those delicious collar bones.  I swear it could be a crime” a low voice said.  Startled, the actor looked to the mirror to find a body only inches from his.  Not wasting a second, Yoochun pushed off and ran for the door.  But strong arms had him backed against the sofa arm in seconds, facing his aggressor. 

“S-Siwon.”

“Hello Yoochunnie, it’s been a while.  You look good.” Yoochun swallowed hard trying to calm himself.  He had only seen the man in passing a few times after cutting all ties.  But he knew that old habits die hard and this time was no different.  Yoochun’s breath came hard, his knees already weak.  “I’ve missed you.”

“S-Siwon, I’m not alone.  J-Jun…”

“Ah yes, your private date with that pop star” Siwon commented, tracing the length of the actor’s neck with a brush his fingers.  Yoochun tried to back away but the taller man’s grip simply tightened.  “And to think that just a few years ago you were a nobody.  Who did you for that fame huh?  Does HE KNOW what a good you are?  Is that why he’s here?  Are you trying to make a leap into the music business now?”  The grip on Yoochun’s arms grew tighter, a leg suddenly sneaking its way between his thighs.  However, the intruder underestimated the actor.  Yoochun bunked heads with him and a quick jab to the gut had Siwon stumbling.   But Siwon was quick to recover and the young actor was on floor in seconds, mouth covered.  “Don’t pretend you don’t want it.  It’ll be just like old times” Siwon said to his ear. 

A voice from outside the room called, “Siwonnie?  Yoochunshii?  Um … Junsushii is asking for you” Seung Ho asked concerned.  “Do you want me to tell him that you left?”  Yoochun kept struggling but he could barely breathe. 

Another voice soon joined.  It was Junsu.  “Yoochun-ah, I’m sorry.  I messed up … again.  I’ll take you home just don’t be mad at me, please?”

Siwon smirked, “You really have him wrapped around your finger don’t you?  You little .”