Chapter 8

Unfazed [BL]

 

“You haven’t told him have you?” Changmin asked as he reclined on his thousand dollar massage office chair, legs crossed and hands joined above his desk.  Junsu avoided looking at what could only be a condescending expression on the younger man and current confidant.  “You have to tell him.  Otherwise, what do you expect?” he continued with a shrug.

Junsu grunted in annoyance, flopping himself onto the designer two-seater facing his cousin.  “Min, that defeats the whole purpose of being romantic.  Besides, how come I can remember but he can’t?  Huh?  How’s that even fair?”

“Stop pouting it doesn’t suit you, you dirty feline” Changmin tried, inspiring only a feral grin from the pop star.  “Ugh, whatever.  Your reservation is at eight.  Have you even asked him out yet?”

“No.  Is that a problem?” the singer asked innocently.

“Yes Junsu, it’s called kidnapping” Changmin replied calm as a fiddle.

[In a penthouse, far, far away…]

“You miserable stinking mother er!”  Lizzie’s screeches could be heard from the other room, obviously, not meant to be concealed.  Jaejoong and Yoochun looked at one another before the younger took his drink and sat by the fireplace, taking a break from decorating the living area and paying careful attention his best friend’s snickering smiles.

Yoochun took one good gulp before saying, “Christmas time is supposed to be a time to be merry, a time of forgiveness.”  Jaejoong’s eating grin still remained as he sipped his wine and kept on with the tree ornaments.  “You’re not planning on forgiving her anytime soon are you?”

“Nope.”

“Why?  Have you even tried talking to her yet?” Yoochun asked.

“Nope.”  Not receiving any reply from his younger friend, Jaejoong kept on “Look, I know I’ll forgive her eventually.  Hell, maybe I already have.  But she doesn’t have to know that.  I need time to have her forgive me.  You know that as soon as I say she’s forgiven and done, she’ll shoot out like a bullet and nothing will change.  The longer I keep her around the likelier the chance of wearing her down to a mutual truce.  Plausible, don’t you think?”

Yoochun nodded, “Mhmmm, you may have a point.”  He moved to pour more wine onto his glass as he asked, “So then why is she in the other room cursing you out?”

“She has to sort out my closet.”

“What’s so wrong about your closet?”

“It’s my second closet.”

Yoochun lips formed big ‘Oh’ in realization with a smirk not far behind.  “Wait, and you are okay with letting her see what’s in there?  Including your … you know …”

Jaejoong’s smile dwindled, turning into a skeptical frown.  “My w-what?”  Yoochun kept his grin and simply shrugged, making a crude pumping motion with his hand.  “!”  And then Jaejoong was off and out of the room.

[In the closet…]

Lizzie grunted with every piece of fabric she had to sort out.  “Why me?!  Seriously?  What kind of man keeps a second closet?  And one so utterly and perfectly disorganized!?”

“Well not everyone can be like Chunnie.  Even for a gay man he’s still abnormally clean” replied a husky voice not too far behind.  Suddenly Lizzie was hyper aware that her was nicely aimed at the door and she was wearing a skirt.  Like a bolt she stood and faced the intruding figure he leaned against the door way, arms crossed.

Again the distressed girl huffed.  “I don’t need supervision.  I’m doing just fine without your direction.  What do you want?”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, “does everything have to be an argument with you?”  His eyes suddenly found the black box he was looking for by Lizzie’s feet.  “I’m just here to ask you if you would like a drink?” he said meeting the girl’s confused expression.

“In your house?  I don’t think so” she replied getting back to her task, her hands now dangerously close to the item of Jaejoong’s attention.  But before he could do anything else, she was already opening the box.  “And why do have so much crap anyway?  I mean do you ev … what’s this?” she began until a slow intake of breath told Jaejoong that she’d already figured it out.  The designer rushed toward her and took the open box from her grasp.  However, he was surprised to see her confusion more than repulsion.

“Lizzie?  Are you okay?”

“Why is there no ?  Don’t men like you prefer that?” she asked with an innocent expression that he only knew Yoochun to posses.   It fazed him only for a moment until her question dawned on him.

He struggled to answer, “a w-what?”

“A , Jaejoong” she said again bluntly as if he didn’t know who she was talking to.

“Well … uh … girls prefer to bring their own I guess …” he tried not really sure how comfortable he was discussing ual matters with his currently-on-probation-friend-slash-enemy.  

Lizzie’s brow lifted, “And here I thought sticking a pole up your was your cup of tea” she finished sarcastically.  “But you’re a manipulative bastard even in bed.”

“Hey that is uncalled for!”

“Why?  Because you’re a sick man hiding in a closet?”

Suddenly another more passive voice joined the group, “Did I just hear Jaejoong and in the same sentence?”

Jaejoong huffed, “Chunnie just close the door and pretend you can’t hear us.”

“But…” Yoochun started.

“GO!” both Jaejoong and Lizzie shouted.  Yoochun complied, fleeing into more peaceful ground.

Lizzie’s anger suddenly flourished, “Don’t talk to him like that!  You have no right talking to him like that!”

“You did the same.  And I’m the one that should be angry right now.  You’ve just insulted me in my own home, LIZZIE!” the older man pointed out drawing closer to the fuming girl.  “What exactly makes you so angry about me?  I just don’t understand?” He whispered as his figure loomed above her.  They were only inches apart and both tense from each other’s words.  Their bodies suddenly skimmed one another, both breathing fast and hard.

*K-POW*

And the next moment Jaejoong was tumbling face first onto the floor as he rolled back from the ottoman he landed on.  “The was that?!” he questioned with a bloody lip.

[Back in the living room …]

“SON OF … AHHH!”

Yoochun sat sipping from the bottle of wine.  “I really need to find more civil friends” he thought as he decided to head out leaving behind only a note.

Guys,

I went out for some take out.  And desert.  I’m not sharing.  I’ll be back in few hours.  Or never.  If you two don’t fix yourselves.

Love you both,

Yoochun