Chapter 10

Unfazed [BL]

 

Jaejoong had no words for the defiant thing staring him down.  His lip was bloody and his was sore.  But he knew he sure as hell did not want any more broken bones.

“Need I remind you that I’m still healing from the last time you tackled me down?” he asked sternly, a hint of fury in his tone.  He stood despite the aches that provoked passivity, looming above her.  His eyes narrowed.  Lizzie grimaced and tried to push him aside but he didn’t let her.  Finally working up the nerve he said, “Elisabeth, you are an incredibly stubborn brat.  You are self centered, unreasonable, and completely and utterly chaotic.  You make my life hell and my friendship with Chunnie difficult.  In fact, everything involving you is difficult … no … damn near impossible.  But for some odd reason you’ve managed to befriend my best friend and that is something I can’t ignore. “

Lizzie huffed, pushing against the body that enclosed her against the wall.  “Oh spare me your mercy speech.  We both know you don’t give a .”

“Obviously, I do if I’m still trying to talk to you.  Don’t you get that?  Look, just hear me out.  I’m sure we can sort out whatever misunderstanding we …  UMPH!”  Next thing he knew Jaejoong was being slammed onto the wall, shoulders pinned to the hard surface as the young woman glowered up at him holding him in place by the collar.

“Listen and listen well.  You are not my friend.  You are my enemy.  And my sole purpose for keeping any sort of contact with you is to make your life miserable for being an and to make sure you don’t hurt Chunnie.  It doesn’t matter where you are or how you get there, if you so much as touch or lay finger on him I will tear you apart.  Understood?”

Jaejoong’s breath caught in his throat, “Has anyone told you should have been in law enforcement?  Hold up, what do you mean touch Yoochun?  Why would I ever …”

“Don’t play dumb with me Kim Jaejoong!  I know damn well what your intentions are with him.  But a jerk like you does not deserve my Chunnie” She said before attempting to walk away.

“Y-o-u-r CHUNNIE?  Are you in … AGH!”  Another slap to the face and he was suddenly standing alone. “I think I just had a mini blackout” he mumbled.  Shaking himself to regain his focus he started to follow Lizzie into the bedroom.  She reached for the door when he found himself pushing her against it; face first and pulling both her arms behind her back, wrapping leather lined handcuffs on her wrists.  She yelped and screamed in confusion.  “The thing about Korean men is that we all get military training sweetheart.  Now I’m done taking it easy on you.  So shut up and listen.  We need to talk” he commanded as he sat her on the bed.  He pulled up a chair and sat down with his knees brushing against hers.

Her jaw clenched but she finally sighed and gave in, knowing that in her predicament she had little choice.  “Fine.  But I want a drink” she said eyeing the glass bottle of what could only be brandy on the vanity.  He agreed, feeding her a whole glass of the amber liquid with a straw since her wrists were now tied.

The designer grinned, finally relieved to have a pacified Lizzie by his side.  “Good.  Well then, let’s begin.  Now since you confuse the out me, let’s start with whatever your twisted little head has in mind.  What’s this business about me and Yoochun?”

She scoffed, “Tch.  Really?  You’re going to deny all the miscellaneous skin-ship, the way you scare away pretty much every potential date he could have, or cling to his every move and how you thrive on him coming to you for every little thing?  You’re in love with him but you’re too much of a coward to come out of your ing shell and Mr. Perfect celebrity image to …”

“Woah woah woooooah!  You think I’m in love with Yoochun?!  Wait … better yet … you think I’m GAY?!”  Jaejoong almost jumped from his seat.  “Sweetheart, you got it all wrong!”

Lizzie chuckled, “Oh really?  You must really think I’m stupid.”

Taking a deep breath Jaejoong looked at her carefully, “Alright.  Explain.”

“The first time you ever saw him drunk.  Remember?  The first time he left Siwon.  We got him to his place and you carried him to bed.  I saw you next to him, looking at him like he was the most precious person in the world.  Before that it was only innuendos and stereotypes but that night, that night I knew.  I was willing to give you a chance but you never came clean.  And then a year ago, after we … you used me to play up an image that night at the ceremony.  How am I supposed to entrust my only friend and brother to someone like that?” 

It took a few moments before Jaejoong finally pieced it all together.  But before he offered any explanation he asked, “Who’s to say you’re not the one who’s in love with Yoochunnie?  I mean don’t you think you’ve taken this vendetta a little too far?”

“No” she replied like it was the most obvious response in the world. “He’s my brother.  We may not be connected by blood but he’s family.  And I won’t let people like you hurt him, even if it is unintentional.”

The older man smirked at Lizzie’s bold declaration.  “You have some kind of a twisted sense of moral if that’s the case.  But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.”  He watched her roll her eyes at him, again, averting her gaze.  “Now Lizzie, I need you to pay close attention to what I’m about to say.  Look at me please” he asked.  “I’m not in love with Yoochun.  And as much as I clearly don’t have a problem with anyone who is … I’m not gay or biual or anything other than straight.  I’m just abnormally open-minded.”  Seeing her disbelief he continued.  “Look the reason I look at him that way is because he IS precious.  Like you, I feel he is family to me.”  But her impatience showed so he was forced to move on.  “Alright, what I’m about to tell you cannot leave this room.  You can’t even tell Yoochunnie I told you.  Okay?” 

Sensing the seriousness of his tone she agreed, “Okay.”

“The reason you picked up on any kind of chemistry or feeling or whatever you want to call it between Yoochun and I is because … in the beginning there was some kind of attraction.   When we were in college, Yoochun confessed to me.  It was a passing thing … a platonic crush … and I can assure you it did not last beyond those years.  We worked through it and we’ve long since moved past it.  In the end, it made our friendship stronger.”

“He never mentioned ever having a thing for you” Lizzie commented.

Jaejoong shrugged, “He wanted to avoid any tension or suspicions on your part.  But I guess he underestimated your senses.”

“You think?”

“Don’t be mad at him.  He didn’t think it would be such a big deal.  Like I said, it was all platonic … college experimentation at the most” Jaejoong clarified.

Lizzie’s brow quirked, “Come again?  Experimentation you said?”

The older man gulped, mindful of what he’d just implied.  “Ahem, don’t change the subject.  I’m trying to convince you that I’m straight here” he said pouring himself a drink.

“Fine.  That still doesn’t explain what I saw that night” she replied, fidgeting from the restraint.

For a second she thought she saw Jaejoong’s expression go from nervous to sad, almost as if he was trapped in a distant memory.  “I blamed myself for Siwon” he finally admitted.  “I should have known.  As his closest friend, I should have known what was going on with them.  I should have stopped it before it got that bad.  I was so envious when you came along and all of sudden he had no nightmares, less anxiety.  He had someone who knew him enough to pacify that fear in him, sense it before it was coming.  I wish I could have done that for him when he needed it most.  My guilt didn’t let me forget it.  You didn’t let me forget it.”

“I … I’m sorry.”

Jae laughed “For what?  You didn’t know.”

“No not for that, for … blaming you too.  I’m sorry.”  The thought had her solemn and she realized she owed more than a just an apology.  “You couldn’t have known what a sick erted bastard that Siwon guy was.  You couldn’t have known Chunnie was hurting.  He is after all one of the best actors in town, no?” she offered pleadingly.   Jaejoong nodded a grateful smile filling his features.  “I still don’t believe you’re completely straight though,” she said changing the mood. 

He almost slipped off the chair in shock.  “Woman, you are impossible!  Auuuu … chincha … auuu!” he kept on flailing his arms.

She giggled amused, “You look ridiculous.”

“Bwoah?!  I am fabulous!

“Tch.  And you wonder why I think you’re gay.”

“Yah!” Jaejoong lunged toward Lizzie, backing her against the bed.  Both their bodies were now against one another, warm but hesitant.  Jaejoong grew hard in an instant.  “Tell me something Lizzie, why did YOU sleep with me that night?  As far as I know, you had no motive aside from … well … I’m damn hot.”

“Get o-off me, I c-can’t breathe” she tried wriggling out from his hold.  He moaned as his lips found her pulse, delicately brushing against her skin.  “What a-are y-you … Jae?”  She could hear him swallow as he rose to meet her gaze.  At least she wasn’t the only that was nervous.

“Do you know why I slept with you that night?” Not knowing what to say she remained silent.  “Because when I saw you all dressed up in your little red dress, with your lose hair at your bare shoulders and your smile every time someone made you laugh I wanted to punch every guy that approached you.  I was envious of them.  You never looked at me that way, ever.  Even when I wanted you to.”  Both remained still, Jaejoong above Lizze straddling her thighs.  Her warmth as a sweet rose scent invaded his senses.  “But then at the bar once Yoochun left, you sat there alone and let me be near you.  I was so confused and … ecstatic.  You looked at me like … why did you sleep with me?”  She looked away refusing to answer but he kept on.  “Answer me Liz,” he insisted.

Jaejoong caressed her smooth skin, turning her toward him.  Still fearful she closed her eyes, unable to look at him so closely.  But he had a hunch and decided to go for it making their lips meet slowly, tenderly.  He pulled her close as she began to kiss back.

Jaejoong POV

Her lips were sweet and soft, just like the scent of her skin and the texture of her hair.  Gods almighty who let me have this brat in my arms again.  I thought I could hold back.  But now I don’t think I can.  I can feel her shiver under my touch and hear the start of the cute mewls I’d grown so fond of the last time we were together.  Still I only kissed.  Barely touched.  Until a needy moan finally escaped her lips and I could hear myself growl, pressing our hips together.  Her legs parted, letting me settle between them as every bit of resistance she had was let go.  I smiled as I invaded the line of her collar and exposed chest.

“J-Jae?”

“Mhm?”

“I can’t breathe” she managed to grunt under me.  I laughed picking myself up and supporting my weight on my arms.  “You’re going to make me say it, aren’t you?” Lizzie asked. 

I smirked thinking for a moment, “Only when you’re ready.”  She smiled, biting her blushed lip.  “May I ravish you now?” I asked already taking her into my arms and moving her up the bed.

Giggling she nodded, “You bastard.”