Chapter 12

Unfazed [BL]

 

Yoochun POV

Again, that stupid sun!  Whatever ruler of the universe decided that a thousand degree laser beam through your window was the perfect wakeup call must have been delusional and clearly high on more than just power.  I refused to open my eyes and tried to turn away from the damn light.  At least until a weight around my waist stopped me.  I realized that not only was I already facing away from the window but someone seemed to be lined against my side.  As I moved their grip grew tighter and I was suddenly pulled even closer.

“Mhm… five more minutes” I heard against my shoulder.  Holy crap.  I looked down to find a silver blond mess of hair and bare expanse of skin down to the waist against me.  Then the previous night came rushing back.  When I tried to pull away, Junsu squirmed, his hand ran against my abdomen and tickled my skin making my breath hitch.  Crap crap crap! 

Knowing I wasn’t going anywhere unless he let me go willingly, I tried waking him up.  “Junsu?  Junsu, wake up.”

He stirred, a sleepy expression facing up to me as his chin rested on my shoulder.  “Mornin’ Chunnie” he said with a pretty smile. 

I was stunned into place.  How could one smile have such and affect on me?  “Uh… um… I.. uh…”

“Yeah?” he asked cutely.

“I… I gotta pee” I blurted out.  His lips formed an ‘oh’ shape and he worked to let me go.  As soon as I was free I rushed to the restroom.  I tried taking deep breaths to calm myself down but then it hit me.  Looking at myself in the mirror I could see my hair was all over the place and I was !

Third POV

Junsu heard a coughing frenzy from Yoochun’s direction and couldn’t help but chuckle at the actor’s clumsiness.  He came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and his gaze lowered, obviously embarrassed.  The actor’s jaw further slacked when he finally looked up to catch the sultry singer sprawled face down on the bed with a very nice view of the man’s out on display.  The gray sweats hung tight on his hips and arm muscles flexed as he turned to face a dazed Yoochun.  “I’m… can I… clothes.  I need clothes.”

Junsu laughed but obliged him nonetheless.  Looking through the drawer next to him he caught a pair of baby blue sweats and walked to hand them to the nervous actor but not before making sure his toned physic was out on display for the other to see.  Yoochun swallowed hard and decided to dress himself in the restroom.  When he came out again, he was welcomed by an amused Junsu standing by the door.

“You’re cute when you’re nervous” the singer mocked.

“Wah?”

“It’s not like I’ve never seen you without clothes before.”

The actor’s eyes grew wide, “That… it’s not… I was trying to avoid certain… things.”

“Things?”

“Y-yeah.”

Junsu leaned closer to the actor, his playful expression never quite leaving his face.  “What kind of things” he asked.  Yoochun grew stiff, suddenly self conscious.  He looked down in a panic unable to think of a graceful way to explain what he was thinking.  “What kind of things, Yoochun” the singer asked again, tipping the actor’s chin.

“Uh… accidental mishaps” the actor tried.

“Oh?  Like what?”

“Um…”

“Is it HARD to explain?”  Junsu asked with more of a smirk.  Yoochun flinched.  The feline singer suddenly attacked his lips and he was pushed against the door.  Strong hips pressed against his and he practically became mush.  A hand wrapped around his wrist only to pull it against the other man’s hardened length.  “See Chunnie?  It doesn’t matter what you do.  I always want you” the singer whispered against his lips.  “Will you ever accept me?”  Before Yoochun could answer, his lips were claimed again and his body pushed back until they both fell on the bed.

Out of breathe and somewhat confused, Yoochun took the time to look up at the singer hovering above him.  There was definitely something about this man that made his body weak in the knees; his heart race and his mind scream obscenities from within him.  Junsu stayed quiet, letting him think and take his time taking him in.  “Who are you, Junsu?  Why do you… why do you want me?” he asked genuinely at a loss.

Junsu sighed as if his whole being hurt.  He looked down at the insecure man underneath him and made up his mind.  It was time.  “Because I love you” he declared

“What?  By you barely know me!”

“Do I?  Think back Chunnie” Junsu asked, pleading the heavens for a miracle.  “Do you really think it was all just coincidence?”  Yoochun’s brows furrowed in confusion.  If he weren’t so desperate, Junsu would have thought it cute.  “The park, the restaurant… gods Chunnie the .  Don’t you remember anything?”

Yoochun thought back to their time in the theme park.  They first went in and ate all his favorite foods and played his preferred games before Junsu even made any suggestion about riding anything.  It was almost as if the singer sensed his fear of heights or in the least his apprehension about going on the rides.  And then at the Ferris wheel, Junsu clearly recognized his panic attack before Yoochun had said anything.  The singer had even tried to calm him and get him through it.  Then there was the restaurant incident.  Coincidently, it had been the same restaurant he had worked in during his college days.  It was really all too much be coincidence, wasn’t it?

[Flashback]

The café was as it usually was; a smooth croon coming from the stage, clinking glass notices and the occasional hint of conversation.  Servers dressed in black and white were in contrast to the warm red velvet and dark furniture setting.  The dim lighting set a romantic atmosphere, reminiscent of older times.  Not too far from the bar, four men sat at a private table away from any commotion.

“The contract has been approved Mr. Kim.  All that is needed is your review and signature” said one of the men.

“Hello my name is Yoochun the bar server, can I get you gentlemen a drink?”

A tall broad man wearing all black nodded and asked for a scotch.  The man next to him who was not as tall but equally striking, signaled for the same.  Yoochun turned across the table to the other two men.  One was obviously older, shorter and frumpier.  But the man next to him was young and possibly not old enough to drink.  Not surprisingly, neither ordered.

“Will that be all for you?” Yoochun asked.  The men nodded and proceeded to ignore him.  Taking his cue the server left for the bar.  “Two scotches for table 3” he ordered.

“Mhm, a business meeting” the bar tender commented already pouring the drinks.

Yoochun laughed.  “How do you do that Yonghwa?”

The eccentric bartender turned to him, a haughty expression caught in sight.  “My friend, I’ve been doing this since I was sixteen.  And one thing I will tell you is that a drink tells a lot about a person.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes sir.  Only two drinks for a table of four?”

“Yeah, father and son don’t seem like the drinking type.”

Yonghwa smiled and gave the drinks to Yoochun.  “Tch.  And here I thought I was the only one with people reading super powers.  That son is one hot little thing though.  I bet you $50 he’s here to get signed.”  Noticing the other man’s confused expression, Yonghwa continued to explain.  “Do you realize where you work?  Seoul Academy is less than a quarter mile away and this restaurant is owned by none other than the third richest patron of the joint.”

“So that kind of thing happens often then?”

“Often?  Try every day.  Now get to work.  Manager hyung is giving us the stink eye.”

On the other end, where the four negotiating men sat, the youngest of them couldn’t take his eyes of the young server who had offered drinks only moments before.  He followed the waiter’s movements nonstop, no longer paying any attention to the conversation at hand.  Yoochun came to deliver their drinks and promptly left.  But again, Junsu’s gaze never left him.

“Junsu?  JUNSU?”

“Huh? Oh, I’m sorry.  What was that dad?”

“I’m asking you if you would like to consider this contract” his father said.  The wannabe idol nodded and moved to shake the agents’ hands.   “Very well then.  We will have our lawyer look this over.  I will him contact you as soon as possible.”  Junsu turned to the bar and found that the waiter was no longer there.  He searched the area to trying to find him.

“Um, dad.  I’ll be right out.  I have to go to the restroom” Junsu informed before walking off.  He walked around for a few minutes not having any luck.  So he did the only thing he’d been avoiding.  He walked toward the bar and asked the red haired bartender if he’d seen where Yoochun had gone.

“Sure thing hot stuff, he’s on his break.  If you wait fifteen more minutes he’ll be right back.”  Seeing the young man’s deflated spirits he added, “Or you can look him up. He’s probably having smoke out back.”  Junsu nodded and headed for the back exit.  What he saw had him nothing short of fuming.

“Come on now.  A pretty face like you, I’m sure would love to be famous.  I can make that happen for you.”

“I’m not interested.  Let me go old geezer.”

Junsu recognized the man as the shorter of the agents that had just tried to recruit him.  “Let’s not be hasty” said the familiar man.  Yoochun tried to free himself from the grip but the other man was strong.

“Mr. Lee.  I believe he said he’s not interested” Junsu made himself known.  Both men were stunned but luckily that meant that Yoochun could pull away.

“Mr. Kim…” the man began.

“My lawyers will be hearing about this.  I assure you” was all the to-be star said to scare away the man.  When they were finally alone, Junsu walked closer to Yoochun.  “Are you okay?”

Yoochun smiled gratefully.  “I’m fine.  Thank you.  It’s not the first time I’ve encountered rats like that.”

Junsu looked him up and down.  No doubt this was the boy he’d known all those years ago.  He was taller now, his hair a bit shorter and more styled.  But it was the same dark almond eyes, cherub cheeks and full bottom lip looking back at him now.  “Yoochun, right?”  the other man nodded.

“Junsu.”

“Nice to meet you Junsu.  I’m sorry you had to see that.  He’s one of the guys that you wanted to sign with, right” Yoochun asked.

Junsu smiled warmly, “Not anymore.  I have no business with companies that allow that type of behavior to happen.”

Yoochun smiled his trademark megawatt smile, “I’m glad.  Creeps like that make it so hard on people that just want to be able to follow their dreams.  Well, I should go. My break is just about over.”

[End of flashback]

“You said you wanted to meet up.  But you never showed” Yoochun suddenly said.

The singer was caught by surprise at the other’s abrupt statement.  Realizing what that meant he answered, “I was signed by another agency that week.  They wanted to fly me to Japan right away.  I didn’t come back for weeks.  I tried sending you gifts and such but they were returned.  By the time I was able to look for you again, you weren’t there.  They said that you had quit and no one really knew much about you.”

“That was the time Siwon and I… he’d gotten worse.  He was a jealous jerk over everybody.  With him being the son of the owner, I had no choice but to leave.  I never told anyone I was a Seoul Academy student.”

“Mhm.  I didn’t hear about you until you’re first drama almost two years later.  I had given up.  All those years and you couldn’t even remember me the first time.  After all you went through; I don’t blame you for not really knowing who I was this time around either.  I almost didn’t know who you were.”

Again, the actor was struck dumb.  “The first time?”  Junsu got up from the bed and walked toward the vanity.  He took out a small box before giving it to Yoochun.  “What is it?” he asked.

“Open it.  You’ll know.”

Yoochun did as he was told.  Inside was a bone fang with a tiger head carved at the base.  A velvet leather string was attached to it from a hole in the tiger’s open mouth.  Immediate recognition was drawn all over his face. “This is…  it’s my father’s charm.  How did you get this?”

“You gave it to me.  You said, this will make me as strong and brave as I wanted to be.  I’ve worn it to every performance since.”

“I don’t understand.  This was… it can’t be” Yoochun muttered under his breath.

“That time you disappeared too.  I never knew what happened.  I was nothing but an elementary school kid, there wasn’t much I could do but hang on to that memory for dear life.  Seriously, my parents and brother thought I made you up like some sort of imaginary friend” Junsu mused.  “But whenever I looked at this, I knew it had been real.  How could I ever forget my first friend?  You were my hero.”

[Flashback]

The tall raven haired boy passed  the smaller boy a candy apple.  “You know those kids have no right to bully you, right?  Why are they after you anyway?  You’re such a cute kid.  Why would anyone want to bully you anyway?  Oh I’m Park Yoochun by the way, from Seoul public middle school.”

“Junsu.  I go to Cjes elementary school.”

“Nice.  Private school, huh?  That’s a pretty famous school.  Are those kids from there too?” the raven asked. 

“Yeah.  They… they don’t like me very much.  They said that I was stuck up because my parents were richer than theirs.”

“Tch.  Seriously, it doesn’t matter how much money people have.  There’s always someone that wants more” Yoochun mumbled under his breath.  He turned to the younger boy and said, “You should fight back.  Don’t let those jerks boss you around.”

The smaller boy pouted, already half done with his treat.  “I can’t.  They are too strong.”

“You can be strong too.”

“How?” the cute little boy asked, honestly intrigued.  The raven thought for moment, taking his lower lip between his teeth.  After a few minutes he finally seemed to have an answer and reached toward his own wrist to unwrap a velvet string with a white bone charm hanging from it.  “What’s this?” a curious Junsu asked.

“It’s a magic charm.  It will make you as brave and strong as you want to be.  You can have it.  My dad gave it to me before he left for America.  But I’m a big boy now.  I don’t need it.”

Junsu eyes widened and then crinkled to a crescent shape.  “Chincha?  Omo!  Thank Yoochun-ah, oh thank you so much!” he said enthusiastically.  The younger boy jumped and tackled the other to the floor.

“Umf!”  Yoochun began to laugh, “See, it’s working already.”

“Does this make us friends?” the innocent boy asked suddenly.

Yoochun thought for a moment, “Yeah, I guess it does.”

“YAAAAY!”

“Umf!”

[End of flashback]

Both Yoochun and Junsu lay side by side on the bed, old memories finally surfacing.  It was safe to say Yoochun was in shock.  “Not long after that, my mom said we had to go to America.  That my dad needed us with him.  I didn’t really get to same goodbye to anyone if there was anyone to say goodbye to.  Junsu, I’m sorry I didn’t remember.  All this time you were trying to remind me. I’m so sorry” the actor pleaded.

The feline singer smiled, wrapping his body against the actor and making sure their gazes were aligned.  He pecked the older man’s lips, giving the plumb lower lip a swipe with his tongue.   “So now that I creep you out less.  Will you go out with me Park Yoochun?”