Chapter 13

Unfazed [BL]

 

Will you go out with me Park Yoochun?

Yoochun was a mess of nerves on the set.  It had been almost two days since his last encounter with the famous pop star but he was still anxious.  Junsu had agreed to give him some space since Yoochun didn’t have an immediate answer for him.  Even though he was relieved part of him also felt guilty.  Junsu looked distraught when he left the apartment that day.  However, today was a whole new day and coincidently, the day that sought after idol was making his drama debut in Yoochun’s drama.  The distressed actor was off in a limbo of his own, not noticing when two familiar figures entered the dressing room.

Jaejoong was suddenly at his side, looking almost as deflated as him.  “Chunnie, you look like crap.  How am I supposed to fix this?”

“I thought you were the almighty styling genius.  FIX IT!  He’s on in less than an hour.  FIX IT NOW!” a desperate Lizzie shouted.

The outraged stylists flinched at the sound.  “For goodness sake woman!  Shush!  I’m not deaf.  But I will be if you don’t stop shouting at me.  Now shoo!  I need peace to concentrate.”

Lizzie quirked a brow, “peace?”

“Yeah. Zen. Balance. Ying and Yang.  That thing you’re awfully good at destroying.”

“Can you be any gayer?”

Pouting, Jaejoong sighed a desperate plea to Yoochun, hoping for some support.  “Um… last I checked I was the gay one here” the actor noted. 

Encouraged, the designer continued, “Don’t worry your pretty little head Chunnie.  Lizzie is just grumpy because of last night.”  The said manager retaliated with a hard smack.   “AH!  Dammit woman!” Jaejoong screamed.  Stunned Yoochun turned to his aggressive best friend.

Lizzie shrugged, “What?  He should learn to keep his mouth shut.”

Again, the actor blinked in confusion.  “Did she attack you again,” he asked Jaejoong.  But he was given nothing more than the man’s haughty smirk.

“No.  He did.” Lizzie admitted with a grunt.  Yoochun stared in wonder, his jaw suddenly slacked.

“That’s right.  And you know what?  I will do it again if you keep smacking me lady” Jaejoong replied rubbing the now sore spot where Lizzie had hit him.  To both the men’s surprise, she smacked him again with no remorse.

“Watchu gonna do now?” she taunted.  The feisty manager stood proud and defiant as she waited for the other to retaliate.

Jaejoong practically growled, “ this .”  He pulled Lizzie into his arms and kissed her like it was his last.  Yoochun was again stunned as he watched her flail in his arms, struggling to regain her balance.  But Jaejoong was unrelenting and held her tight against his lips.  That is until she er punched his gut.  “GAH!” he screamed before he hunched over in pain.

“You jerk!  You promised.  That was our deal!” she scolded.

“It was… worth it” Jaejoong said holding his signature v-sign so Yoochun could see.  Regaining his composure, the eccentric designer moved to recline on the vanity.  Seeing the actor’s still bewildered expression he tried to explain.  “Yeah, that’s right.  I slept with miss lesbian over here and you know what?  I liked it!  And you know what else?”  Again Yoochun shook his head.  “She liked it too!  So much so that she didn’t even put up a struggle the second time” he admitted with a smile. 

Lizzie rushed to the bold designer, intent on strangling the living day lights out him.  “Shut up!  Shut up!  Shut up!”   Before either of them could do much, she had him on the ground trapped in a choke hold.

Coughing Jaejoong tried to break the actor from his shock, “Chun… Chunnieeee.”  He began to tap the ground in hopes making a break.  “Uncle. UNCLE!” he struggled.

“Alright you two, ENOUGH!” Yoochun called.  Lizzie immediately let go.  “Now sit on the couch like normal people.” And so they did, heads hung low in shame.  “So, you two are an item?” he asked bluntly.  Lizzie scoffed and Jaejoong followed the sound with a glare.  “Fine.  Be it love or lust.  Huzzah!  The best of luck to ya!  Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a film shoot to go to.  Jae, we can do my make up on the chair.  Meanwhile, behave.  Do I make myself clear?”  When he received no response he asked again, “I said, do I make myself clear?”  They both nodded simultaneously.  “Good, now if you’ll excuse me” was all he said before leaving the bickering duo alone.

“Lesbian wannabe.”

“Justin Beiber wannabe!”

“The Beiber is famously straight.  You do realize that, right?” Jaejoong leered triumphantly.

Lizzie scoffed, “That was for looking lame idiot.”

“Why you… psychotic !”

“Gender bender !”  Jaejoong gasped, unable to strike back.  She laughed, “That’s right freak-of-fashion.  Swallow your pathetic pride up your…”

“OH!  You did not just… !”

“I did!  So what you gonna do?  Cry? You can cry man-baby?  Here, you can borrow my hanky!”

To Lizzie’s surprise, Jaejoong burst into a fit of laughter.  He laughed and laughed until she had gone from mad to almost bored.  The designer slid toward her, enclosing her body within his arms.  “You can say all you want.  You know that in the end, you want me just as much as I want you” he crooned against her ear.

“Oh yeah?” she teased with a grin.

“Yeah.  WOAH!” he suddenly found himself with his back to the couch and the limber girl straddling his waist as she leaned over him.

“You will never prove it” she declared claiming his lips.

[Meanwhile]

Bright lights and droning noises surrounded the set. Yoochun always loved strolling around the bustle of the sets; hearing the clickitty clack of scenes being build, the humming engines and watching people run to and from across the streets.  It was a sight he could never get tired of.

A tall very handsome and very familiar face approached him, unexpectedly startling the actor from his day dreaming.  “Hey” Yunho called.

The actor smiled at his handsome co-star.  “Hi.”

“You know you’ve been roaming around here for almost ten minutes now.  Dare I say you were lost?” the action star teased.

With a chuckle Yoochun shook his head.  “I was just taking a breather.  Are you ready for today?”

“Oh yes.  I hear your friend Xia is already here.  Are you excited?” Yunho asked carefully.  Yoochun smiled nervously, fidgeting in discomfort.  “I see.  Want to make him jealous?” he suggested.  The conversation was stopped short when heavy cough interrupted their intimate moment.

“Yoochunshii, Jaejoong is looking for you.  He said something about a touch up?”

When the actor turned to face the intruder he realized that it was a tall somewhat familiar figure.  “Changmin, don’t be rude.  Let the actors fraternize.  I’m sure that’s how they get into character” Junsu added not too far behind.  Despite the cool façade, Yoochun could pick up the spite in the singer’s voice.  Nerves made his skin numb until and heavy pressure against his chest had the actor immobile.  Junsu never took his eyes off him.  Not even when Yoochun walked off.

Two tall figures stood side by side watching the idol and seasoned actor stray away in silence.  That is until Yunho took in the sight of the handsome stranger next to him.  It became more of a shock when Changmin was the first to break the quiet air.  “He’s off limits.  Got it?”

Against his better judgment Yunho offered his most charming smile toward the man.  “No problem,” he said.  Changmin completely ignored him.  And there it was, the scowl of the abnormally snobby and way too privileged in matters of the mind but obviously socially inept.

Yunho moved closer, not giving up.  “So… have you known Yoochun long?”

“No.”

MISS.

“You and Xia seem close.”

“Not particularly.”

Another MISS.

“Nice tie by the way.  I like your look.  Very chic.”

Changmin budged a little, turning only slightly toward the action star. “Thanks.”

HIT!

So Yunho continued, “Yeah it really suits you.  It shows off your defined features.  Have you ever considered modeling?  You’d make a great model.”  The action star circled around the stiff manager, inspecting.  “Mhm.  You have the height, the look… that certain… je nu sais quoi” he finished in perfect French.  Feeling bold he reached to feel Changmin’s bicep.

“Don’t touch me, Yunhoshii.”

“Right, sorry.  But I’m serious.  You are like Michelangelo’s David.  I’m sure I could…”

 “No.”  At the stern reception, the action star visibly slumped.   “Now if you will excuse me.  I have business to attend to” Changmin declared before turning away.

Yunho followed the handsome figure as he strutted toward the set, eyes roaming the perfect outline of the man’s body.  “You’re a star and you don’t even know it” he hummed to himself.  “Pity.”

[On the set]

Yoochun POV

We had been at it for hours and Junsu had yet to start.  Though he’d been on the sidelines, watching the scene develop since we began.  I could feel his eyes following me.  I knew we would have to share a scene eventually.  I was prepared for it.  But being ready and actually getting through it is another story.  My body was tight, my chest heavy.  I wanted to scream but I wasn’t sure why.  Time was just racing by and all I could do was stand still.  I was broken from my thoughts when an announcement echoed throughout the set.  “Prepare for scene 3, everybody, please prepare for scene 3.”  Taking a deep a breath I prepared for what was to come next. 

The set this time was in a class room.  This was the scene where Minjoon, my character, confronted Jinwoo, Junsu’s character, about Seohyeon.  Jinwoo was Seohyeon’s overly jealous boyfriend and after being friends for most of the drama and chasing the wrong girl, Minjoon finally realizes he has feelings for Seohyeon.  So when Seohyeon tells him one day that her boyfriend is being a bully, Minjoon decides to take matters into his own hands.  Even if it wasn’t real just thinking about the whole thing gave me a headache.

Lights flickered and the room became silent.  I heard the director give the call and I tried my best to fall into character and forget that the one in front me was Junsu.  He looked different now.  His hair was a normal shade of brown and he wore a rumpled school uniform.  For all purposes, he’d lost the glamour that made him Xia.  But even then, his dark tear drop eyes and long lashes shone through.  Presenting everyone with the rare sight of Xia Junsu’s true form; youthful and somewhat childish, cute some would say.  When I turned to face him, however, his innocence was tainted by wicked sneer.  Before I could help it my breath caught in my throat.

“You’re late” he said with a voice I could vaguely recognize.  That’s right.  We were supposed to be acting.  He scoffed and sat on one of the desks.  “I know you.  You’re that kid that’s always behind my girl.  What?  You can’t get songsaenim to give you the time of day so you go after the one girl in you class with a boyfriend?  You’re one sick bastard!”

I swallowed, making a show of trying to keep my composure.  “This isn’t about me.  Seohyeon is…”

“Seohyeon is my girlfriend!  You got that Mr. Class President?!” With a menacing stance, Junsu approached me.  He reached for my collar but I avoided it.  As scripted, he pushed me against the closed door and punched the wall next to me.  “Stay.  Away.  From.  Her.”

“She’s my friend.  And I won’t a let a jealous bastard like you hurt her.”

“And what makes you think you deserve that right, huh?  Mind your own business” he said.

I stood a little straighter and walked a little closer to him.  “What makes you think YOU have any right to treat her that way?  She’d be better off alone than with some guy who thinks he can own her!”  My voice had raised and we were at the part where he was supposed to get angry and try to punch me.  But he didn’t.  He stood there, taking in my words with a pause.  Had I not been fuming inside, I might have stopped or maybe tried to feed him his cue.  But I didn’t.  I kept going.  “Do you really think no one notices when you sneak off somewhere with some girl?  That the whole school doesn’t know that you are some sort of playboy wannabe ready to bang whatever comes your way.  Guys like you are all the same, thinking you can control people with kisses and promises but Seohyeon is different.  She needs more than that!”

He took me by the collar again and this time pulled close until our breaths intertwined.  “And I can’t give her more?” he threatened.

“Absolutely not” I huffed out.  “How can you?  You think you know her but you don’t!  Just…”  I was saying as a fist came into view.  I took the hit falling to the floor before standing quickly.  I pulled him by the tie and punched him on the gut, maybe a little harder than I intended.  But Junsu didn’t budge and kept his character.  “I’m not helpless and neither is she.  She doesn’t want you around anymore so just leave her alone.  Quit pestering her because you’re incapable of comprehending when someone says, no!”

“Aaaand… scene!  That was perfect!  You were both amazing.  Yoochunshii, Junsushii, I think that’s the best inprov-scene yet!  Everyone, take five!” I heard the director call. 

I was suddenly aware of where we were, surrounded by the cast and crew in a land of make believe.  The realization hit me hard and Junsu must have noticed because his expression went soft.  He took a few steps toward me but stopped a few feet short.  We were both out of breath and a little fazed.  For some reason I couldn’t face him.  “Yoochun-ah?” he called hoarsely.  His voice was weak, a quivering mess of notes I could barely decipher.  I wasn’t sure whether it was because his voice was affected or the pounding in my ears was harder than before.  Junsu drew closer, reaching for my arm.  Reflexively, I pushed away.  What I saw in his eyes then was closer to pain than confusion or anger and again I lost my breath.

“I get it.  I’m sorry” he said before leaving the set.