Chapter 1

Unfazed [BL]

 

Actor Park Yoochun, also known as Micky, the up and coming star of the silver screen stood nervous as hell behind the stage.  It was his first award show and he was supposed to announce the nominees for the best OST award.

Yoochun POV

What am I doing here?  This is so not my element.  I’m an actor for goodness sake.  Not an announcer or MC.  

“Yah!  Park Yoochun!  Stop getting lost in your head and get on with it.  You’re up!”  Said the overly annoyed girl whom I also happen to call my best friend slash manager.  Sometimes I questioned my own judgment.

“Tch.  I don’t pay you to scold me Lizzie.”  I said even more annoyed.

She looked at me in dismay, about to retort but just as her pretty little lips opened I was called to the stage.  I turned back giving her my best Mehrong face and walked out.  But not before I heard her murmuring words. 

“Technically, you don’t pay me at all you cheapskate.”

And yet you stick with me I thought.  Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not a horrible boss.  I actually bought her a house and car.  She lives comfortably and debt free.  And technically, she’s the one that refuses to cash her paychecks.  For better or worse, she really did stick to me.  But I guess that’s what friends do.

 We became best friends ever since junior high when I first moved to the states.   I sat at the back of the classroom with my head stuck in a book, minding my own business and keeping to myself.  Academics were never really my thing.  But being from Korea, my advantage was that I was pretty much ahead of everyone else in that area.  At least for the next two years or so.  Then one day, she showed up.  I still didn’t really think much of her actions as she asked the girl next to me to trade seats with her.  The next thing I know, I was being dragged out of my desk when lunch period came and for the first time since I began school in the states, I sat with a crowd.  I realized then that she was somewhat popular with certain crowds but pretty much well known throughout the whole school.  She was smart but didn’t look it with her all black attire; she rather looked like a troublemaker.  However, teachers liked her despite her nonchalant attitude in class and tendency to stir up an argument.   For months, she didn’t mind that I didn’t really speak much either with her or the people in her crowd.  She just let me be.  Until one day, she discovered my secret.  Well, a couple of my secrets; my love for theater, what she called and I quote my “dorkyness” and finally my preference for the same .  Yep.  Park Yoochun ladies and gentlemen, is gay.

Presenting, the fresh face of the one and only charming prince … Micky Yoochun! 

“Greetings everyone, up next are the nominees for the best OST of this year.  Who could it be?”  I announced with fake anticipation.  After a few moments I a revealed the winner, “And the winner is … Xia Junsu!  With ‘You are so beautiful’ from Scent of a Woman.”  The crowd went wild, a couple hundred fans chanting his name and even some actor sunbaenims who grew excited.  Seriously, what was the fascination with this guy?  Sure his voice was unique but I never really had a thing for cross dressing idols.  However, I had to admit his nearing presence irked me.

Junsu POV

I watched as the nominees were being announced by the one and only Park Yoochun.   He stood tall and regal, with an air about him that was inviting and yet out of reach.  I could understand the fascination with him.  I’d even watched some of his dramas.  Hell, the guy was funny and entertaining to watch.  It was hard to believe that the same guy from the television was the same one calling my name.   As I approached the stage his persona never wavered, giving me a bow and smile as he gave me the award.  It was almost as if he was completely unfazed by me.  I’d heard rumors about him and his preferences but nothing was ever confirmed.  The guy put a whole new meaning to secrecy.  Some speculated he dated his manager and other’s speculated his understanding with the idol star Kim Jaejoong was more than just a simple friendship.  However, his reputation was best known for being lacking or nonexistent.   Very little was known about him except that he pretty much took the industry by storm by the conclusion of his first drama.

“Thank you, Yoochunshii.”  I said with a bow.  He looked at me straight in the eye and did the same.  Again, without a flinch.   Who is this guy?  Is he really that dense?  No one is unfazed by Xia Junsu.  NO ONE!   Not even the ever so manly Bi Rain sunbae-nim who admittedly blushed when I complemented his dancing on national broadcast television.  For goodness sake, is there any way to get a reaction from this guy?

Yoochun POV

Eeep!   Why is he looking at me like that?  He’s making me sweat bullets.  Thank goodness it’s over.   I thought as I practically ran off the stage.

“Lizzie?”  I called.

“Yeah?   Are you alright?  You look pale.  You’re not having a panic attack right now are you?  Omo, hold up.”  She said genuinely worried.  She scurried off to somewhere and came back with a champagne glass, handing it to me.  I drank it without hesitation.  Damn stage anxiety.  Don’t ask me how I came to be an actor with such a condition.  I just did.  Blame my manager.

“Liz, do I have to go to the after party?”  I asked lowly.

She thought for a moment before answering.  “Yep, you won an award.  It’s courteous to do so.”

“Ugh.  This damn anxiety is making me tired though.”  I pouted.

“Yah, don’t you dare try that trick with me.  It may work with Jaejoong but not me.”  She said with a glare.  “Plus, he’ll be there.  So you’ll have a safety net.  You’ll be fine.”

I suddenly realized what she meant.  “Eh?  Aren’t you going to be there?”  I asked paranoid.

“Sorry, but no.  You know that where he goes, I don’t.”  She responded.

I pouted yet again.  “How is it that my two best friends can’t stand each other?”

“Dunno, ask him.  It’s his problem for being an idiot.”  She shrugged.

“Tsk.  You’re the one that hates him the most!”  I shouted.

“Oh yeah.  Go figure.  Now shush.  Don’t make a scene.”  She said straightening my collar.

Unbeknownst to them, they had already attracted some attention with a certain someone hiding behind a curtain.

Junsu POV

Tsk.  You’re the one that hates him the most!”  I heard a familiar voice shout.

Hiding behind a curtain I eyed the cute pouting figure now being d by an innocent looking devil.   Were they really dating?  It seemed so.  But then I heard the words that became music to my ears.

“You just met one of the hottest men in all of Asia and all you can think about is how you’re going to be without me for the party.   Seriously, it’s no wonder you’ve never had a boyfriend.   Are you sure you’re not aual?” She noted with a giggle.

But then my hopes were crushed again at his reply.  “Eh?  Who?” he said with a face filled with careless wonder, his beautiful doe eyes sparkling down at her.

Ignoring his comment she kept on.  “He’s just your type you know.  He’s an athlete and fluid dancer, filled with passionate talent and not to mention he’s easy on the eyes.  His body is like a freakin sculpture.  Don’t tell me you didn’t notice, Park Yoochun.  You are practically heaving from shock right now.”  She added, much to other’s surprise.

“Bwoah?  It’s stage anxiety!”  He retorted cutely.

She simply glared at him as she stopped her actions.  With sigh and a head shake she began to push him out to the hall and away from my line of sight.

So the almighty Micky Yoochun is not only gay but practically innocent.  Interesting.   “Mhm … But it won’t be easy from the looks of it.  Well, no matter.  Park Yoochun, you’ve caught my attention.”  I muttered to myself.   Or so I thought.

“Yah, you’re supposed to be half way out to the after party already.  Did you forget you’re performing you ert?”  Said my obnoxious donsaeng.

“Yikes!” I sighed with a hand to my chest before responding.  “Changmin-ah, would it kill you to call me hyung?”

“Why yes, yes it would.  I’m your manager right now.  Not your friend.”  He said with a straight face.  “Now let’s go before I have to drag you out of here by the ears.”

As we walked out of the venue, I began to wonder.  “Hey, what do you know about Park Yoochun?”

“Why do you want to know?”  He asked not really looking at me.  I shrugged but he kept on.   “Mhm.  Not much.  Even being acquainted with his manager there’s not a lot I can tell you.   He lived in the states until he graduated high school.  He has a younger brother and his manager is a neurotic but also very much like a sibling.”

I almost chocked at his use of words but regained my composure before facing the crowd surrounding my car.  “Ahem.  That’s it?”

“Pretty much.  Oh and despite his weak appearance, he can apparently hold his liquor well so that card won’t do much for you.”  He said amused.

“No matter.  I won’t need it.” I said.

“Tch.  Stop grinning like that you’re freaking me out.”  He said to me as we began to drive off.

Third POV

The party was like any other, or so Yoochun assumed.  He’d never actually been to an after party before.   The heavens know Jaejoong often tried to drag him to such things but Yoochun was just never that interested.  He preferred to drink alone in the comfort of his cozy home and fall asleep next to his record player.  Lost in thought by the bar, he failed to notice Jaejoong trying to get his attention.  That is until the other began to nudge at his side.

“Oy, pay attention to me.”  He said cutely.

“What?”  Yoochun asked.

Giving him a disapproving shake, Jaejoong directed the other’s attention toward a VIP table on the second level, in plain view of everyone.  There stood a tall well dressed figure who never took his eyes away from them.

“What’s your point?”  Yoochun kept on.

“That’s Xia Junsu,” he stated.

Yoochun looked at him blankly and tilted his head, still not getting the point of the conversation.  “Yeah, so?”

“He hasn’t taken his eyes off you all night,” he told him with a suggestive grin.

“Oh no! No, Jaejoong.”  He said.

“Oh yes.”  Jaejoong responded with a nod.

“No”

“YES!”

“Why?!”

Jaejoong crossed his arms and looked at him straight in the eye, “because you are almost thirty, lonely and .”  He chuckled before adding, “Heh, that rhymed!  Ahem, and if I have to hear another drunk ‘I’m so lonely’ from you I will have to cut all connections with you,” he said trying to be serious again.

For the first time that night the younger man laughed as he said, “Hyung, you sound like Lizzie.”

*Le GASP*

“BWOAH!  How dare you compare me to that … that thing … YOU call a woman!”  He exclaimed outraged.

Yoochun smirked, “If I recall correctly, you slept with that so called THING.”

“Aish.  Why must you bring that up?”  Jaejoong asked clinging miserably onto the other.

On the other end of the hall, Junsu eyed the intimate duo with burning eyes.  He saw the way the infamous Jaejoong clung to Yoochun and he didn’t like it.  He didn’t like it one bit.  It was time to make his move.  Taking out his phone he dialed the number his donsaeng gave him.

“Yeoboseyo?”  Said a woman’s voice.

“Elisabethshii?”  he asked uncertain.  He wouldn’t put it past Changmin to give him the wrong number.

A few moments later the voice replied enthusiastically, “Oh Junsushii!  I’m glad you called.  It’s all been prepared,” she said.

“Ah yeh, thank you.  But we have one problem.  Jaejoongshii,” he said annoyed.

“Don’t worry, that will be fixed as soon as this call is over, “she said confidently.  And so he hung up.  Sure enough, he watched Jaejoong suddenly pick up his phone and excuse himself a few minutes later from Yoochun.  Junsu smirked at the sight.  Making his way through the crowd, he slowly approached the unsuspecting and now tipsy individual.

“My oh my, what do we have here?  I never pegged you for the loner type Yoochunshii,” he said taking Jaejoong’s seat.

A startled Yoochun broke from his daze to face his intruder and there in front of him stood the deathly succubus that was Xia Junsu, in all his y glory.  The elder flushed and swallowed, a gesture Junsu did not miss.  But then again, it could have been the alcohol.  Either way, Junsu smiled.  Again, Yoochun melted at the genuine act of the other.

Straightening himself as best as he could the tipsy man replied, “Loner my !  I’m not stupid, Jae told me you kept looking over here.  You know perfectly well he was here with me just moments ago.”

Junsu did his best to not flinch at implied familiarity between the idol Kim Jaejoong and Yoochun.  Seeming calm he began, “You’re right,” he said signaling for another drink.  But when he didn’t take it for himself Yoochun looked at him with a frown.  “I don’t drink.  It’s bad for my vocal cords,” he clarified.  Yoochun shrugged and gulped it down.

“What do you want?” he asked Junsu.

“To take you out for dinner,” he blurted.

Yoochun looked at him skeptically.  “Why?”

“I’m hungry,” Junsu replied.

“No,” was all Yoochun said.

Resting his head on his hand Junsu looked up to the unrelenting figure, amused.  “Waeyo?” he asked.

“I don’t like men like you,” Yoochun thought out loud.

Junsu smiled.  “Oh, what makes you say that?” he asked signaling for yet another drink.  “Have you ever had date with a guy like me?”  Receiving no response he kept on, “Have you ever had a date … ever?”  The smile never left Junsu’s face until he heard a suddenly solemn answer.

“Not one that mattered,” Yoochun whispered taking the next drink.

Then his dongsaeng’s words crept up to his mind sending goosebumps down his skin.  “Yah hyung, I’m giving you this number out of the kindness of my tiny little heart.  But if you do anything to piss off that crazy noona manager, I will cut you up to pieces before she takes my !  Understood?!  I don’t know much about this Yoochun guy but he’s definitely got some kind of complex for those around him to protect him so much.

*Grrrrrrrrrooooooooowl*

The monstrous noise snapped Junsu out of his thoughts only to find a suddenly weak and whining Yoochun, resting his head against the bar counter.  The younger man tried hard to restrain his laugh as he asked, “How about that dinner now, eh?”

At the mention of food Yoochun went upright and blinked, turning toward Junsu.  He smiled a dazzling smile that reached his eyes and nodded, “Please?”

Naturally, Junsu had his limo pick them up. Little did Yoochun know that they were driving up to none other than one of the most exclusive penthouse joints in Seoul.

Yoochun’s expression grew wide eyed at the sight.  “This isn’t a restaurant” he said pausing by the entrance.  But before he could back out Junsu pushed him in, leading an awestruck Yoochun into the elevator.   Entering Junsu’s penthouse, the place was filled with the fragrant scent of exotic tulips and cinnamon.  Not too far from the door, lay a remarkable spread of Yoochun’s favorite foods and wine.

“You had this catered didn’t you?”  Yoochun asked still not taking his eyes off the food.

“I never said I could cook” he shrugged.  “Come on, pick your food and let’s sit,” he said to an already gluttonous Yoochun.  “You are so cute, hyung” he noted out loud, causing the elder of the two to start coughing with the excessive food he’d already shoved down his throat.  “Pfftahahaha, here drink some of this,” he said pouring Yoochun a glass of wine.

Yoochun smile sheepishly, “Sorry, I get greedy when I drink.”

“I’ve noticed,” Junsu replied as he took a bite out of a strawberry.  His tongue lingered between his teeth just a little longer than normal, but enough time for Yoochun to notice the gesture.  Shaking his head, the older man returned his attention to the food.  Junsu smirked, noticing his awareness.  “So tell me Yoochunshii, why so mysterious?”

“E-eh?  What do you mean, Junsushii?” asked the older man in return, taking his attention away from the food for the first time since they arrived.

Impossible.  He doesn’t know?” He thought to himself.  “Why won’t you mingle or let people get to know you?” he asked curiously.

*Blink blink*

“Why would they?”  Yoochun asked.

Confused Junsu kept on, “Would what?”

“Want to know me?”  Yoochun replied. 

Junsu took a moment to process the implications of the other’s statement.  He smiled sweetly at the elder before giving a sigh and walking up from his end of the table and leaning next to Yoochun.  “You are a curious individual Park Yoochun.  Chocolate?”  Yoochun nodded but just as the chocolate offering touched his lips, swift fingers pulled it back and Junsu swallowed the treat without apprehension.

“Yah!”  Yoochun whined.

Suddenly, Junsu leaned in less than few inches away from Yoochun and said, “You can still taste it if you want.”  Shocked out of his wits, the older man jumped from his seat and stumbled backwards toward the living room area.

“T-that was … u-uncalled for, J-Jun … Junsushii” he stuttered, his eyes still wide in surprise.

“Wae?” asked Junsu with a cheeky grin, following his steps.  Again, Yoochun stepped back trying to avoid the other’s proximity.  “Don’t you like me, Yoochun?  Isn’t that why you came all the way up here to my home?” he asked again, still following him around the room until Junsu finally trapped the older man against the glass balcony door with both his arms.  He was about to move in for a kiss when Yoochun pushed him away and ran.  But being a little too frantic he tripped onto the couch.  A situation from which the feline predator did not waste time playing to his advantage.  Before he knew it Yoochun was under other’s grasp again, trapped between the arm of the sofa and a lean muscled body.

“Anneyo,” Yoochun blurted in a panic.

“You don’t like me?”  Junsu asked with a fake hurt expression?

“I mean … No I don’t NOT like you  …  b-but … that’s not …”  He tried to clarify.

But Junsu interrupted enjoying the nervous state the other was in, “So you DO like me?”  This time, the younger’s lips almost touched Yoochun’s.

“Yes … I mean … No … not like that … I’m just …” he continued to stutter.

Growing impatient Junsu moved in and finally kissed Yoochun, rapidly snaking his tongue into the older man’s mouth, tasting the sweet wine the man had been gulping only a few minutes before.  Junsu felt a firm push against his chest, a grip that unknowingly pulled his blazer undone.  Yoochun soon realized that the younger man wore nothing under the suit jacket and was soon touching bare skin.  “Jun … ah.  Y-yah!” Yoochun continued to resist.  But as the kisses grew hungrier, the older man’s resolve wavered.  Encouraged by hints of a moan escaping from his lips, Junsu began to unfasten the only buttons remaining between the two.  It wasn’t until swift fingers touched his own skin that Yoochun was reminded that he needed to breathe.  Pulling away Junsu offered him mischievous grin as he moved to stand, pulling Yoochun with him.

“B-bwoa, Junsushii you can’t …” he began still out of breath.

Smiling, the other man looked down at him and replied, “I’m stronger than I look Chunnie.”

“Ch-Chunni … aaah?!”  He screamed as his weight was lifted from the couch and onto a sturdy body.  “W-wait, where are you taking me?”

Junsu laughed, “My bedroom of course.”

“Waaaah?!”  Yoochun cried out in disbelief.

*Hmph*

Yoochun was thrown onto a soft cushioned bed, his shirt lost somewhere in the process.  He noticed the approaching man’s upper body was also exposed and his tight blue print pants unfastened.  Again, Junsu climbed on top of him invading the sensitive spots of his neck and collarbone.  It didn’t take long for Yoochun to pull the other into a mutual kiss.  Eventually both men lay unclothed and excited, trapped in a heated passion.

Yoochun POV

“Ugh.  Why is it so damn bright!” I heard myself groan as I buried my face into the pillow.  Strange.  The scent is familiar but not mine.  Then suddenly I heard a chuckle next to me.

“Not a morning person, I presume” said the voice.  I turned toward it and slowly opened my eyes.  I was welcomed by the sight of none other than Xia Junsu, his body half uncovered as he sat against the headboard with a tablet on his lap.  He smiled at me with his famous cheeky smile and the whole night came back to me.  The kisses.   The caresses.  The … Eeep!  “Finally remembered, huh?” he said noticing my expression go from blank to shock.  Again, he laughed.  I moved to sit up but a sharp pain in my lower back quickly stopped me.  “Careful, you’ll be sore at least until tomorrow.  How about breakfast in bed?” he suggested tenderly.

I looked at him blankly before scrunching up my face in annoyance. “How about we move that to lunch in bed and you close the damn curtains?” I said, causing as both to laugh.

“As you wish, my vampire prince,” Junsu mocked.