Mentally Exhausting

Icy Flower

 

Taeyeon’s POV
 


“Do not try anything funny.”

 

     I immediately warned her just as soon as I started driving. I’ve prepared myself to face anything that would possibly come from her since I’ve decided that I wouldn’t fall into any of her tricks anymore. No, not this time. I’ve had enough and I don’t need more of them. It hurt my pride because I haven’t been receiving this kind of treatment like this from anyone before and I wasn’t use to it. I wasn't planning to get used to it, anyway.

 

“I won’t, unless you’re expecting me to.” She hadn’t leave her gaze from the window since we left which I was glad for. It would be way too awkward for me if she had not given her attention to whatever that was outside.

 

“Are you?” it seemed like there was something so interesting out there that she didn’t even take a glance at me while she was talking. At this point, I couldn’t even tell if anything she said was mean to be said to me.

 

“No, of course not.”

 

     I took a turn to the right at passed some houses while going down the road. We were going to reach her home in no time but she still hadn’t said anything about that ‘I have something to talk’ and I started to think that she won’t be since she already picked her things and got out from her seat.

 

     She didn’t even say a thing when she closed the door and I didn’t even know what to feel right now. I should be relieved that she had not tried to do something to me but it was frustrating when she just walked away like that without a ‘thank you’ or maybe a glance. Do I have to remind her that I have to go back to my apartment and that won’t be any closer? Do I have to remind her that she was the one who said that she has something to talk about with me or do I have to remind her that my gas are running low and a small thank you would be fine?

 

Speaking of that, I seriously have to drop by at the nearest gas station later.

 

     After taking a glance on my gas meter, I released the hand-brake with a groan and was about to drove away when someone tapped on the window. Looking to my side, it was that blonde girl and she was standing like a bossy woman with her bag in her hand. Pulling the hand-brake up, I rolled the window down and stared at her confusedly.

 

“What now?”

“You were looking for your pajama, no?”

“Yes! Did you find it?”

“Yeah.”

 

    With that, she left me and went to the door. But before she reached the doorknob, I managed to yell something that surely made her stop.

 

“Thanks! I’ll wait here.”

 

     Flashing my grin, I turned the engine off and slumped in my seat. Something that I noticed though, she didn’t proceed to walk in to the house but she was still standing there.

 

“What? No, that won’t do Kim. I’m too tired to bring you back the pajama here so I say you’re going to follow me upstairs.”

“What? Oh, come on-”

“Chop, chop!” she made some sign with her left hand and turned her back on me before walking straight into her house.

“Ugh!”

 

    I couldn’t believe that she won’t even do me a small favor like this! She wasn't the only exhausted one, just so you know. I was the one that had to drive back and forth and I have been doing that since this morning. I hoped her car will be fixed soon but for now, I bet I’ll do this for a couple more days.

 

     Due to the tiredness, I was too tired to argue and just followed her silently from behind. I figured that all of this would end just as soon as I get my pajama back so I was planning to get it as fast as I could. I’ll get my pajama, drove away from there, from her and from all of these frustrating things.

 

     I wished it was just as simple as that, but as I was saying, my luck wasn't on my side today.

 

“Mom, I’m back!”

 

    We passed through the dining room and there was Aunt Jung preparing for their lunch.

 

“Hi honey! Oh, hey there Taeyeon…?”

“Aunty, annyeong~” I bowed down and waved at her before Jessica pulled me with her.

“She’s picking up something she forgot the other day.”

 

    That was the last thing she said to her mom before we ran our ways up. I mean, walk her ways up and I was stumbling on my feet. She was practically dragging me with her although she was as slow as my grandmother would be.

 

    She walked in to her room and placed her bags on her bed and books on the desk. Meanwhile, I was just standing at the doorway, waiting for her to hand me my pajama; that has caused so much trouble to me. Seeing that I wasn’t moving, she walked to me and pulled me inside while her right left hand closed the door and locked it.

 

Wait, did she just lock it? Ugh, be prepared Kim Taeyeon.

 

    Just as soon as she closed it, she pushed me against the door and kept me in an arm distance. I sighed, knowing where this was heading to.

 

“Look, Jessica-shi. I’m really not in the mood so please leave me alone.”

“Oh? Then what will you do if you’re in the mood, hmm?” she lifted her arms and crossed them over her chest in a playful manner.

“Nothing. Now, can you please hand me my pajama?” I stretched out my hand to her, hoping that she will easily give it to me and end this thing quickly. But, weird enough, I got a feeling that she wouldn’t do so and I was right. I was right all along and wish I wasn't.

“Nothing? And I thought you’re going to do something about this, Kim Taeyeon. But I haven’t see anything coming from you, cutie.”

“Pssh… if I did, you would stay miles away from me. And I can’t let that happen before I get my freaking pajama back.”

 

    I shook my hand once; indicating that I really want that pajama right now. I tried to stay cool and calm but it was as hard as straining your-self from a box of donuts with a glass of iced-mountain dew on the side. I want to get out from the place so badly and take the day off. All these things happened today is really mentally exhausting.

 

“Ooh, why would I?”

 

    She played with the hem of my shirt and started to get closer. I rolled my eyes at the act she just did because that was so lame, and turned my head to the side.

 

“And can you please stop with that freaking pajama? We’re talking about something else here.”

“No, I won’t.  And no, we’re not.”

 

    I turned to look at her straight in the eyes and pulled my-self closer to her before pushing her to the side; out of my way.

 

“That is the only reason I came here so let’s just end this now.”

 

    I rummaged through her closet but couldn’t find any sign of that piece of clothes. When I turned around to ask the blonde girl, that was when she shoved something on my chest and turned out it was my missing pajama.

 

“Fine, take this freaking little , you weird!”

 

Ooh, I didn’t know she could curse like that.

 

    I was going to walk out from her room when she pulled my hand and pushed me to sit onto her bed.

 

“But I didn’t say we’re done.”

“Ugh, what do you want?! Can’t you just leave me alone? Damn it, leave me alone, freak!”

 

    I stood up and pushed her to the side and dashed to the door. I managed to open it this time but not even two steps after, she spoke again.

 

“You’re so lame.”

 

     I immediately turned around just as soon as she said that and she was sitting down on the bed with her legs and arms crossed.

 

“What did, you just… say?” she shrugged her shoulder before saying those words again, with a smirk and sarcasm in her tone.

“You’re lame, Kim Taeyeon. I thought you have something up your sleeve.”

 

    I was clenching my fist tightly and gritted my teeth hard till it felt like they would come off any soon. I couldn’t believe she just said that! Never once had anyone said I’m such a lame person, ever. I wasn’t and I am not.

 

    Walking in to the room; in a fast pace, once again, I closed the door behind me and made sure to lock it properly.

 

This girl won’t escape from me.

 

    Carefully, I put the pajama down because it had to stay away from this war. Although it had already been in some of them before (remember?) but, no, it won't get involved in this one. I’ll make sure of that.

 

“No, you just didn’t! What exactly do you want, girl?!” I stood straight in front of her with my eyes getting bigger in seconds. She was about to get up but I held onto her shoulders and kept her in place.

“What do you think, hmm?”

“You know what? I can’t think of anything properly since this morning!”

 

     A wicked smile played on her lips while she gazed playfully in to my eyes.

 

“Oh, so that message really bothered you.”

“Of course it did!”

 

    She laughed. I hated it to sound so attractive to my ears. But I hated myself more for liking it. And it just raged me more to the point that I could feel my blood was boiling inside of me.

 

    She tried to reach to her nightstand table beside her bed but I was faster. I pushed the table and it unexpectedly turned over. I wasn’t really intending to flip it but I guess I was just too furious to even be able to control myself. Sure enough, I didn’t even care to take a look at it but just stared at Jessica instead. I think it made quite a noise because Aunt Jung was yelling from downstairs, asking if we are fine.

 

    She looked a bit flustered for a second but she composed herself real quick. And I would like to give her a round of applause for that. The crazy blonde girl turned to look directly at me and was staring my eyes with hers. She answered Aunt Jung while still keeping her gaze on me.

 

“We’re fine, don’t worry mom!”

 

    There was silent between us as we kept silent and stared into each other with different thoughts on our mind. But I couldn’t handle it any longer. I’ve been keeping it to myself all this while and it frustrated me so much.

 

“Speak! I don’t have hours for you!”

“So you want to play it hard? Fine.”

 

     She grabbed my shirts and pulled me down; closer to her. Embarrassing enough, I was stumbling on my feet and if weren’t because of my hands, I would definitely fall on her. Frankly, in an instant, my anger vanished just like that and nervous replaced it. I was literally hovering over her and to make it weirder, I still had my hand on her shoulder while the other one rested on the bed so I put my other hand down, too. But I was hard as my hands were shaking and I didn’t even know why.

 

Great, just when I’m doing well! Ugh!

 

“You forced me.” I hissed under my breath but because of the distance between us, I guess she heard it.

 

    She leaned in to me and I totally thought that she was going to freaking kiss me so I turned my head to the side. I’m not going to lose it, no matter what! I was doing so well and even managed to make her look flustered. I was planning to keep it that way until she gives in and I would finally be free.

 

    But when I was looking to the side, that was when I heard her whispered in my ear.

 

“That’s because you’re too hard to deal with…”

 

Wait, what?

 

    I surely was confused by her. I couldn’t even understand her a bit all these while. Are you sure she’s Krystal’s sister? Krystal is a bit weird, sure… but it wasn't as weird as this!

 

    I looked back at her; wondering what would she meant by that but all I could feel at the moment was the soft lips on my own. My mind out, my eyes blurred though I had my eyes wide opened, and I couldn't hear anything.

Oh my God, it's moving!

     I panicked. This is ridiculous. I need to get out from here.