Chapter 9

* I. Don't. Date! ... Or do I? *

Time – 8:45am


Place – Seungho’s Room

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“Heyyyyy…..Seungho~ah….get up…..Seungho~ah…..YANG SEUNGHO, PPALLI PPALLI! THERE IS A FIRE! WAKE UP NOW!!” Jihoon hollered trying to wake Seungho up.

Seungho jumped up clumsily from the bed, stumbled and fell onto the floor with a loud thud. Frantically trying to get back to his feet, he hollered,
“HYUNG! We gotta get the others! PPA…YAHHH!!! Why are you laughing?!”

“You pabo…If only…you were easier…to…wake up…” Jihoon said through a fit of laughter. Seungho, who was still sitting on the floor, got up and walked over to his bed to grab a pillow. “Yah! Don’t…you dare…” Jihoon warned, still trying to contain his laughter. “I’m your…hyu—WHACK—ng!”

“Karma, hyung. Hahaha, what are you waking me up so early for?” Seungho asked as he sat back down on the bed.

“I just wanted to let you know that I’m leaving soon. Make sure our dongsaengs stay out of trouble. I’ll be back the day before the month is over. Just please don’t let her hardheadedness get in the way of things. Or yours either, arasso?” Jihoon gave Seungho a stern look.

“Ara hyung, we’ll find her a man before you get back. That’s a promise.” Seungho smiled.

“I hope so, dongsaeng-ah. I really hope so," Jihoon whispered. I’m leaving the van for you all to drive around in. Oh, and please let Jade know that she has to ride around with you all for the whole month, as well. Her mom has given me the keys to her car to take with me back to South Korea.” Jihoon stood up and moved to sit next to Seungho.

“Why is she allowing you to take Jade’s keys?” Seungho questioned.

“Well, her mom took her phone away from her this morning. Apparently she has a famous uncle in Japan that would go crazy if he found out Jade was made to go through with this, which also means I have to take away your phones, as well. Don’t give me that look Seungho. I have replaced them with phones that will only work here in the States. Her mom doesn’t want to risk taking the chance of Jade getting a hold of one of your phones and calling her uncle. And that brings me back to the keys. If Jade has access to her car, it would mean she could do anything to stay away from you for the month. She could also go somewhere to get in contact with her uncle. Therefore, she has to be driven everywhere. NO letting her take the van on her own, arasso? Everyone at her job and the fire department has been given the run-down on what’s going on. You won’t have to worry much about taking her to work or anything. Her mother has made sure she has been given the month off for this. No distractions for her whatsoever.”

“Ara hyung. I get it now. But wait, she has a famous uncle in Japan? Is she Japanese? It looks like she has some Oriental features about her, but I couldn’t tell which.”

“She’s half British, half Japanese. Her uncle is the lead singer of Dir En Grey, a heavy metal band—HONK HONK—Well, there’s my cab. I’ve got to get going now. Hold down the fort. I have extreme faith in you five to do your best. Fighting!” Both Jihoon and Seungho stood up to leave the room. “I’ll help you out with your bags, hyung.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Time – 9:00am

“OooooOOooooo….Hyung~~ that smells good. Whatcha cooking?” Mir asked through yawning as he walked down the stairs.

“Hmm? Oh, just some eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits and gravy. Yah! It’s not done yet, maknae. Don’t you dare touch that bacon!” Seungho scolded as he slapped Mir’s hand away from the sausage. “Go wake the rest of the group and Jade up and let them know to get ready for breakfast. We aren’t starting the ‘relationship mission’ until tomorrow, which means today we are going to go site-seeing and get to know Jade better. Hopefully we can get her to loosen up a little."

“Neh, hyung.” Mir watched Seungho stir the gravy. As soon as Seungho turned around to grab a plate, Mir made his move.

“YAH, MAKNAE!! That’s one less piece of bacon for you!!” Seungho hollered at Mir as he ran back up the stairs after his plan of stealing bacon was a success.

Once Mir was upstairs, he successfully woke up G.O and Cheondung. The last hyung to wake up was Joon, and Mir had fun waking him up.

“Hyung~~ it’s time to wake up. C’mon hyung, there is yummy bacon and eggs downstairs waiting for us! HYUNG!! PPALLI, I’m hungry!” Mir exclaimed. “Hung…..ry. Hung……RY. HUNG….ry. HUNG….RY.” Mir said in between jumps.

“Yah! Maknae, if you don’t stop jumping on the bed, so help me, I will throw you out the window and feed you to the dogs,” Joon grumbled as he rolled over to his other side, facing away from Mir.

“B-b-bu-but hyung, tha-th-that’s not nice! Why you gotta be so mean?”

“Aaawww maknae, I didn't mean it! You know how hard it is for me to sleep, and how grumpy I can be when I don’t get enough rest. Don’t make that pouty face, please? I’ll get you some ice cream later, ok? I promise!” Joon sat up, scooted closer to Mir, and wrapped an arm around him. With his other, he held up his pinky finger to pinky promise with Mir.

“Neh! But I want BOTH chocolate and vanilla! Oh, do you know where Jade is? I went to her bedroom first to wake her up and she wasn’t in there,” Mir asked after perking up more.

“How am I supposed to know where she is when I’ve been in here sleeping? C’mon maknae, let’s go look for her,” Joon replied, getting up from his bed.

*Knock knock knock*

“Jade?” *Knock knock knock* “Are you in there? I don’t think she’s in there hyung.”

“Well, let’s go in and see," Joon stated while walking past Mir and opening the door.

“Woowww…this is awesome! A mixture of three cultures in one room! Sweet! OMO! Maknae look, she plays video games! Call of Duty Black Ops, GTA V, Skyrim, Diablo 1, 2 and 3, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13-2 and so many more! Look at the shelf! It's full of games! She is every man’s dream girl and she doesn’t date?! Maybe we should hook her up with Kyuhyun fro–"

“Hyung! Aniyo! We are to look for someone that lives here, not a celebrity that lives thousands of miles away!" Mir retorted while walking towards the window. “Omo! Hyung, I found her! Look!”

“Bwoh? What in the world is she doing out there? And sleeping?!? Is she insane?” Joon, with a shocked expression, exclaimed.

“I dunno, but let’s go out there and wake her up. She’s gotta eat breakfast with us," Mir said while halfway out of the window.

“Aniyo, Mir! What if it’s not safe out there? We could fall!” Joon grabbed a hold of Mir before he could climb out any farther. “Let’s just call her from here. She probably knows what she is doing." As Joon is helping Mir back in the window, Jade started to move.

“Will you all shut up and get out of my room? I’m trying to sleep," Jade grumbled while shifting around and trying to get comfortable.

“But noona, it’s time to wake up and eat breakfast. Seungho hyung says we’re going to go site-seeing and get to know you better. C’mon noona~~, ppalli ppalli! I wanna see what you get to see every day," Mir said while bouncing up and down on his feet.

“Uugghh, you better be glad you’re cute Mir. What’s Seungho making for breakfast?” Jade asked as she started to get up and gather her blanket and pillow.

“Hehehe, I know. I love my cuteness. He is making eggs, sausage, bacon and biscuits n gravy. The bacon is really good. I stole a piece earlier.”

“Why did you sleep outside on the roof for anyway? Aren’t you afraid you’ll fall off?” Joon asked as he took the pillow and blanket from Jade while she climbed back through the window.

“I like it out there during this time of the year. It’s not hot or cold, but just right. Since I don’t live in the country anymore and I can’t go camping as much as I like, I sleep out there sometimes just to get the outdoorsy feel.” Jade explained as she took her pillow and blanket back from Joon to throw them on her bed.

“YAH!!! JOON, MIR, JADE!! BREAKFAST IS GONNA GET COLD IF YOU ALL DON’T HURRY UP!”

“Well, looks like the Ahjussi is up. Shall we go eat now, or make him wait till it’s cold?” Jade smirked while looking at the two guys.

“If I wasn’t so hungry, I’d say deal, BUT, my stomach says if I wait any longer, he’ll start eating my insides. Kaja!” Mir exclaimed as he grabbed a hold of Jade’s hand and pulled her towards the door.

“I agree, the food smells so good!” Joon said while pushing Jade towards the door.

“Guys! C’mon now, I can walk on my own. No need for the pushing and pulling. Hahaha.”

“Yah! I’m going to eat all your food if you don’t hurry up!!” Cheondung shouted from the kitchen.

All three took off running down the stairs screaming.

“ANIYO!!”