Chapter 8

* I. Don't. Date! ... Or do I? *

Date – September 8th 2012
Time – 6:15am
Place – The Roof of Jade’s House

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“What are you doing up already, sweetheart?” Jade looked back towards the window to see her mom climbing through it.

“I can’t sleep, Momma. Everything is just….ugh….I don’t know anymore. I seriously wish I could find out who decided to in on my life and ask these guys to help me in an area I don’t need help in,” Jade replied as her mother sat next to her on the roof admiring the sunrise. 

“About that sweetheart….I’m the one who contacted Jihoon and asked them for help...I...”

“WHAT?!?! Momma….How could you?? I thought, of all people, you were still on my side about staying single. Why, Momma??” Jade exclaimed and collapsed flat on her back with her eyes closed, not wanting to believe what she just heard.

“You really should start learning NOT to cut people’s sentences off like that Mysteri Jade. It’s not polite at all. Especially to your own Momma. But, as you should know, I did this only for you….”

“Bu-….” Jade raises back up to look at her mom with a you-can't-be-serious expression on her face.

“No BUT's, young lady! Now shush, do what you’re told and listen to me. I know you’re happy with being single, and believe me, I’m happy too. You’ve become a lot stronger and independent because of all you have dealt with. You have proven many, many times before that you don’t need a man. But sweetheart, have you truly looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You’ve become so engrossed with work and the fire department that you haven’t been able to have any time to hang out with your friends, or your sisters, or even your old mom here. Haha, I haven’t seen a genuine, beautiful smile on my baby’s face ever since your last relationship. Oh, don’t look at me like that. You know I’m right. You may have everyone else believing that fake smile of yours, but your momma here can see right through that. I think that if you were to find a guy who not only treated you the way you deserved, but stood by your side, like how a man should stand by his woman. You would have that precious smile back on that beautiful face of yours. Is it so bad of a mother wanting to see her baby happy?” 

As Jade looked out onto the horizon, she let everything her momma had just said sink in. ‘I can’t believe this. My own mother….Does she not know that all the good men have either left, or have been taken? No wonder she had cake and ice cream ready when we got here. She’s good. Distracting me with sweet delicious sweets like that so I wouldn’t find out it was her this whole time... It’s okay though, revenge is sweet, my wonderful mommy. Muahahahaha.’ Jade sighed as she placed her head on her mom’s shoulder.

“You’re right Momma. I do deserve all that, but in all honesty, where am I gonna find all of that? There is no man in this town that interests me. They are either creepy, cheaters, full of themselves, alcoholics, druggies, or in jail. How would I find the right guy here?”

“Well, it’s why I asked Jihoon for MBLAQ’s help. With them being men, I figured they could tell who was a good guy better than you could. You seem to have a blind eye when a good guy does come strolling around. I swear child, they could be dancing circles around you with a sign that read ‘GOOD GUY, BE WITH ME’ on it and you would still brush right past them and not look back.” As Jade’s mom shook her head and let out a laugh, she started to get up.

“Well, with that said sweetheart, I’ll let you sit here and think. I’ve got clothes to finish packing.”

“Packing? For what?” Jade asked as she watched her mom walk back towards the window.

“The rest of us are leaving to go on a cruise in about an hour or so. You have the whole month to hang out with MBLAQ and help them find my girl a suitable man to date. Again with that look. Sweetheart, it would’ve been way too easy for you to find some sort of excuse to use against them as to why you can’t go ‘boyfriend searching’ with them. Plus, it would be way too crowded here if we stayed. You’ll be fine. We have money and grocery lists pinned up on the refrigerator for when things run low, unless you all want to go out and eat. It's your choice. Pick your jaw up, sweetie. You’re gonna get flies moving in soon. I love you and will see you in a month, hopefully happily clinging onto the man of your dreams.”

‘Aish! Is this woman serious?!! Leaving me here with six….no wait….why wasn’t Jihoon’s name added in the ‘hang out’ sentence? Oh jeez….please tell me…’

“MOMMA!! Please tell me Jihoon is staying here as well…You ALL aren’t leaving me here with JUST MBLAQ are you?? Who is gonna deal with them if they get outta hand?? Mommaaaa…You know I’ll just beat them if they get on my nerves more than they already are...Someone has to, or better yet, can Uncle Kyo and his friends come visit for the month??” Jade said as she turned quickly and got up to follow her mother into the house through her bedroom window.

“Mysteri Jade, if you call your Uncle Kyo up and he finds out about all this, I will take you out of this world, do you hear me, young lady? I know exactly where you’re heading with this., and it’s not happening.”

‘Dang it….Hellooooo there, mister cell phone. How are you doing?’ Jade thought, as she grabbed her phone off her desk and followed her mom into the hallway. “You sure it’s not happening, Momma? I think I’ll give him a call right now—HEY!!” 

“Oops….I’m sorry, you were planning on calling someone with this?” 

“Seriously? Gimme my phone back, Jeff! UGGHHH…Momma!!” Jade glared at Jeff, her mother’s boyfriend, then turned to look at her mother pleadingly. “Please tell him to give me back my phone…I was just kidding…I know you would get an ear full if Uncle Kyo found out his ex-sister-in-law was trying to find his favorite niece a boyfriend, not to mention LEAVING her ALONE with five random, unknown to him, guys.”

“This is the reason why we are taking your phone with us. I know you way too well, my dear. Now shush it before you wake Jihoon and the others up. I seriously have to go pack now, sweetheart. Go get some sleep, I love you.” With the look her mother gave her, Jade knew not to keep the conversation going any longer. 

With a very big and deep sigh, Jade decided to stomp her way back to her room and out her window once again. ‘I gotta find a way to get a hold of Uncle Kyo. He’ll get me outta this mess quicker than they’ll find the three guys I have to turn down.’