Chapter 4

* I. Don't. Date! ... Or do I? *

 

Time - 10:30pm
 
Place - Jade's Work
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
After many hours of continuous cleaning and helping customers, work had finally slowed down. Just thirty minutes more and it would end, which meant only ten more minutes and she would have to go and see what they wanted. Jade sighed and leaned against the counter. 
 
'What could they possibly want to talk to me about? I don..wait...' 
 
"Ms. LeaAnn!!" Jade hollered as she ran to the back. 
 
"Why in the world are you hol-" 
 
"I figured out why they are here!" Jade said in a rush, cutting Ms. LeaAnn's sentence short. 
 
"Why is who here? And no more cut-" 
 
"MBLAQ and Jihoon! They want to help me get into a relationship!"
 
"Wait...who, what, when, where and why?" Ms LeaAnn looked at Jade confused. Jade sighed once more and began her short explanation of the five W's. 
 
"MBLAQ and Jihoon are Kpop Idols, part of the Hallyu Wave I've been going on about. I didn’t quite understand why they were here until now, but I'll get to that in a second. When, there is NO telling when everything went down. I have a feeling someone I know is in on this, though. Where, well....where is here! And as to why, one of them earlier was telling me about how they are here to help a fan get back into relationships and yada yada yada. It didn't click until now as I was thinking about it. That fan is ME! Ms. LeaAnn what do I do?"
 
"Well, what does your heart say?" Ms. LeaAnn asked.
 
"You should know that answer. It's a definite NO. I. Don't. Date," Jade said putting emphasis on the last three words. 
 
"Why don't you just give it a try?" Jade turned around to see that Keith had been standing behind her, listening. 
 
"Uuugghhh Keith. You should know as well why I DON'T give it a try. I'm not putting myself in a situation where my heart gets broken again." All Keith could do was shake his head as he walked off into the cooler. 
 
"So now what, Jade? They came all this way to help. Are you seriously going to say ‘no’ to them?"
 
"You're damn right I am. They should have never come all this way for something that isn't going to happen. Hope they liked their visit to Kentucky. It's gonna be shorter than expected."
 
"Five more minutes and Jade will be over here. I wonder how she'll react," Cheondung said thoughtfully as he twirled the straw around in his drink. 
 
"Probably excited, I mean, who wouldn't be when six handsome men want to help?" Joon chuckled.
 
"You mean five handsome men. I'm not staying, Joonie. Got work in Korea I gotta finish up." 
 
"BWOH!? How are you gonna leave us somewhere we have never been for a month?!?! Hyung, have you gone insane?!?" G.O looked at Jihoon with shock written all over his face.
 
"G.O is right, hyung. We don't know anything about this place, what about where we are going to stay? Money? Food?"
 
'He really isn't going to leave us here, right?' Seungho thought after talking.
 
"Well, you all will be staying at Jade's house with her. Her mother and the rest of them are leaving for the month on a vacation, which gives you all time to help her find someone without interruptions," Jihoon explained. 
 
"So we'll be staying with her for a month....alone....in a random state....alone? ARE YOU CRAZY, HYUNG?!?!" Mir looked at Jihoon shocked. 
 
"Calm down Mir, you all will be just fine." Jihoon gave Mir a reassuring smile. 
 
'That's not helping hyung.' Mir thought as he sat back in his chair. 
 
"Well, look who is on her way now. Ready to give the exciting news, guys?" Jihoon asked as the five members turn to see Jade walking towards them.
 
As soon as Jade got to the table, she put her hands on the table and leaned forward. 
 
"I think I've figured out what it is you all want to talk to me about."
 
"Oh, really? What do you think it is?"
 
'Her mother did say on the phone that she figures things out quickly. Dammit Mir.' 
 
Jihoon smiled at Jade, while she gave him a 'Don't play games with me' look.
 
"You all are here to help me get back into liking relationships again, am I right?" 
 
"Bwoh?!? How'd you figure out it was you?" G.O looked around at the others before looking back at Jade.
 
"It wasn't really hard to figure out. I mean, you all have been hanging out here all day long. No one has come in to talk to ya'll. Ya'll have been watching my every move pretty much. At first I thought it was kinda creepy. But then I got to thinking....And ba-bam! I figured it out." Seungho started to chuckle a little bit 
 
"So, now that you know. Ready to find a boyfriend?"
 
"No."