Chapter 2

* I. Don't. Date! ... Or do I? *

 

Time - 8:30 pm
 
Place - Jade's work after dinner rush
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
As Jade was cleaning the tables and placing dishes into the dish carrier, her thoughts ran a thousand times a minute.
 
‘Why are MBLAQ and Jihoon here in Kentucky? I...I don't get it. No Kpop group has EVER came to this state before. So why...?’ 
 
"JADE!!!"
 
"I didn't do it!" Jade squeals as she turns around to face her co-worker walking up to her. "Hahaha...Really?? What'd you do this time?" LeaAnn said as she reached the table Jade was at. 
 
"Oh, you know...Ninja styled here and became a princess over there. The usual." Jade shrugged as LeaAnn gives her an 'Are you serious?' look.
 
"Anyways...I need you to stay till closing with me. Gary has to head out to the other store. Apparently one of the coolers broke down." 
 
"What??? That's crazy. But, do I really have to stay with you?" Jade sarcastically remarked as she looked down to wipe off the table.
 
"OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!" Jade jumped and placed her hand on the back of her leg. "Did you really have to hit me with the towel??" 
 
"That's what you get for being a brat," LeaAnn replied while laughing. Jade stuck her tongue out before noticing six men laughing on the other side of the restaurant. 
 
‘Crap. Good going Jade. Did you really have to be that loud?’ Jade thought while rubbing her leg, giving LeaAnn a pouty look before turning to finish cleaning the table.
 
"Man, that....looked like...it hurt!" G.O managed to get out between his fit of laughter. 
 
"Aaawww, look at her pouty face. It's so cute." Joon points to Jade. 
 
"Alright guys, calm down" Jihoon chuckled while following everyone else's gaze toward Jade. As they started to calm down from laughing at the two co-workers for being dorks, Seungho can't help but watch Jade. 
 
"So, what's her ideal type in men, then, hyung?" he asked Jihoon while playing with the straw of his drink.
 
"Well, to be honest. I have no clue. Neither does her Mother." 
 
"Hmm...then how are we supposed to find someone suitable for her?" Cheondung questioned. 
 
"Why don't you go ask her, hyung?" asked a smirking Mir. 
 
"Why don't you, maknae?" Cheondung said back, giving Mir an evil glare. 
 
"Fine, I will." Mir stated as he got up from his chair. Jihoon, along with the other four members sat at their table with 'Uh oh' written all over their faces.
 
"Umm, excuse me?" Jade, who is now leaning on the counter with phone in one hand and pen and paper in the other, looks up to see Mir standing there. 
 
~One second~ she mouths as she starts writing down on the paper. "So, that'll be one large All Meat and a large Cheesesticks? Can I get you anything else for tonight?" (pause) "Ok, and what's your last name?" (pause) "Alrighty, it'll be about 15-20 minutes and we will have that ready for ya....uh huh, bye-bye." As she handed the order to LeaAnn, she looked over at Mir and smiles. "What can I do for you?" 
 
"I was wondering if I can talk to you for a bit, kinda getting bored over there," Mir replied as he pointed toward the table. 
 
"Can't be so bad over there can it? Haha, I mean...ya'll did get a good laugh at my expense earlier." Mir chuckled as he shook his head. "So...what brings ya'll to Kentucky?" Jade asked as she smiled to a couple who had just walked in. 
 
"Uuuhh...’Crap, Mir. THINK!’ “We...” ’Got it’ “Jihoon-hyung got an e-mail from someone asking to help them out with finding a suitable person for a friend of theirs." Jade gives Mir a 'WTF' look. 
 
"Huh?"
 
"Yea, the girl is fan of ours and hyung figured it would help our images." Mir shrugs as he saw Jade pondering over this. 
 
"D'aaaww that's so awesome! That is one lucky girl!" Jade chuckled. 
 
"Yeah, but the thing is, we have no clue what kind of guys she likes. We're kinda stuck." 
 
"That's not a good thing. Didn't her friend give you any info about the girl?" Mir shakes his head 
 
"Nope, none. So, what's your ideal type?" 
 
"Huh? Oh...uuhh...well...” ’Why must you ask me this?!?’ “I'm not really sure. I guess I'd have to say someone who is really honest, respectable, loyal and has a funny side to him." Jade looked anywhere but at Mir. 
 
"You guess?" Mir questioned. "Yeah...I'm, kinda like the girl you all will be helping. Haha, I don't date much." Jade scratches the back of her neck."Oohh...Why not?" /BANG/ "Oh crap. Gimme a sec?" Jade said as she rushes to the back. Mir turned around to see what the guys are doing and smirked at them. "Sorry about that. Keith and LeaAnn decided to create a leaning tower of pizza pans." Mir turned back around and laughed. 
 
"It's ok. I'll let you go help them." 
 
"Haha, thanks. If ya'll need anything, let us know." ‘Whoa...good timing guys.’ Jade thinks as she headed to the back to help her co-workers.