A New Apartment

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

Taemin’s POV


“Everyone up!  We need to go to school soon!” Key’s voice rang throughout the apartment. Our parents had already left for their jobs (and for some reason they had managed to combine and take over all of our real parents’ companies and take over).

Key Hyung ran up and jumped on my bed, or more specifically on my legs. “Umma! Stop it!”
He just grinned and fixed his hair in my mirror. “Hurry up. We’re going to get mobbed again if we don’t get there soon. Remember all the girls have that study group on friday mornings.”

Jonghyun sleepily stuck his head in. “Yah Key. Stop bothering Taemin. Why don’t you go make breakfast for us instead? Those two idiots forgot to make us some again.”

Key sighed and slung an arm around him. “Arrasso yeobo. But be careful, I think they’re starting to suspect our extra bank account. I found a couple envelopes lying around.”

I threw a pillow at them. “Can you guys take your love fest outside? I need to get dressed.”

Jonghyun just cooed at me. “Aw does our baby need help getting dressed?”
I just slammed the door in his face and winced at the string of curses. Key hyung was yelling at him for saying such things while Minho hyung came in from his morning workout and was begging for food.

I shook my head and pulled out the school uniform. I opened my e-mail while I was putting on my tie and frowned when I saw an e-mail that was not from school, my parents, or the hyungs. Crap, did one of the girls get my e-mail? How did anyone manage to guess bananamilklover93? I sighed and opened it.

Dear Lee Taemin,
I am proud to tell you that you’ve been given the main lead for the boy in Not A Typical Highschool Romance. To help you get into the proper character, you will have to go to SM company’s front desk to receive the key to your new apartment. Then go to

1938 Jeonha RD. Apartment B32. Room 26.

You are not allowed to bring anything with you (not even a car), except for the clothes you are wearing right when you enter. Everything for you will be provided for you.

I groaned. This was not the reality I wanted as Jonghyun hyung usually says. This was such a weird e-mail and the whole deal seemed pretty sketchy. I smiled and deleted the e-mail...My parents wouldn’t have to know, right?

“TAEMINNIE!!!! WE’RE LEAVING WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!”

“Coming Key umma!”



Eunhae’s POV

Beep beep beep!

The alarm clock rang annoyingly, interrupting my peaceful sleep. My hand slammed down on the sleep button, and I pushed myself up. Stupid alarm clock.

Yawning, I went into the bathroom to wash up. Omo! My skin looks HORRIBLE this morning! Must be because of that Taemin brat. I shook in anger just thinking about him. He thinks he’s all that just because he has looks! But actually...he has some skills too. I was actually really surprised that he was able to pull off the exact personality of Jeremy, even successfully ad libbing in the process...

“Eunhae! How could you think he was good?! He’s just a rookie! A stupid big-headed amateur! Aish, those coins must’ve done more damage to my head than I thought,” I chastised myself.


I finished blow drying my hair and was greeted with the delicious smell of American style pancakes.


When Manager-oppa saw me enter the kitchen, he exclaimed, “Eunhae!! You’ve woken up! Good, good. Look at this email! You’ve made it into the show!”


I didn’t even bother to look at the email. I just jumped for joy, even hugging Manager-oppa, his ruffly ahjumma’s apron and all.


“Chincha?! I knew I could do it!” I danced around in a circle. See? I could make it in, even though I had winged it.


“Hurry up and get ready! You need to go to school, then go to SM company to get your key to your new apartment!” Manager-oppa squealed, if that was even possible for a guy.


“Wait...what? A new apartment?”


He placed my laptop in front of me, as well as the golden-brown pancakes topped with butter and blueberries. I logged into my email and opened the most recent email.


Dear Cho Eunhae,
I am proud to tell you that you’ve been given the main lead for the girl in Not A Typical Highschool Romance. To help you get into the proper character, you will have to go to SM company’s front desk to receive the key to your new apartment. Then go to

1938 Jeonha RD. Apartment B32. Room 26.

You are not allowed to bring anything with you (not even a car), except for the clothes you are wearing right when you enter. Everything for you will be provided for you.

Congratulations,

SM Entertainment’s Head Director

Choi Sungho


Shoot. So I can’t bring my teddy bear, Pooky, huh?




Taemin’s POV
During math class, which I had with Jonghyun hyung because he got...held back, a man in a crisp black suit and wearing sunglasses inside walked over to me.

“Lee Taemin?”

“Yes?”

“Please come with me.”

Jonghyun hyung stood up. “Excuse me, but where are you taking him?”

The man just raised his eyebrows. “And who are you?”

“His brother, now where are you taking him?”

“Your brother has to go to the SM office. Also your parents have been informed and offer you their congratulations. They are sorry, but I believe they are in a business meeting and can’t make it.”

I just rolled my eyes. Dang it, they found out. But at least I won’t have to see them for a while.

Jonghyun hyung stood up. “I’m going with you.”

The teacher stood up as I followed the suit guy out of the room. “Kim Jonghyun, did I give you permission to leave?”

He snorted. “Ani-yo Saeng.” And he slammed the door behind him.


 



The other hyungs also came after us and we all took the trip in a limo that was almost as nice as ours to the SM office. A tall man introduced himself as Director Choi. He grinned at me.

“Ah, here comes our star. Lee Taemin, let me first of all congratulate you on a wonderful audition.”

I smiled a little nervously. “Thank you?”

“Now here is the key to your new apartment. As I said you can’t bring anything in, so don’t even try. You just have to be in there by tonight and you should have no trouble at all adjusting. There is also a list of warnings and instructions on the dining table. Just give me a call if you need any help.”

I bowed. “Thank you.”

Key frowned and looked at the director. “Excuse me, but did you say our Minnie can’t bring anything?”

“Yes I’m afraid so. But he should be fine. Also Kibum, is it alright if you could design some costumes for us? We also need some coaching help that Minho could give us. Jonghyun could help train your co-star for some vocal training because her nasally voice doesn’t work at all with the script. Also could we borrow Onew-goon for some budgeting?”

The brothers blinked.

“I’ll pay you extra!”

Onew smirked at that. “Deal.”

_____________________________________________________________________________


The hyungs drove me to the apartment and we took a look around. The garden was nice and it seemed like an okay place, except for the fact that there was nobody but grandparents milling around. I walked up to apartment B32 room 26.

Key grinned and stole my key. “Let me do the honors!” he grinned and slipped the key in...and the door didn’t budge.

Onew looked at the door. “Um there’s two key slots and we only have one key.”

A text rang and I looked at my phone.

By the way, you’re co-star has the other key. You will be living with her to get to know each other better.

I groaned at the text and Minho grabbed my phone. “You’re living with a girl?”

Key grabbed me and dragged me away from the door. “No! This is not acceptable. We are going straight back to that agency and demand an explanation.”

Luckily, Jonghyun hyung rescued me. “Now Key, calm down for a sec. I’m sure this co-star is a nice girl and nothing’s going to happen. There must be a reason for this because this usually doesn’t happen.”

Onew grinned. “While we wait for her, we might as well grab some dinner!”

I, very stupidly, asked “What is it?”

“CHICKEN!!!”



Eun-hae’s POV

Manager-oppa was trying to cheer me up as we got to SM company’s building. I was on the verge of crying. I NEEDED my things!! I’m a girl! They should’ve given me some leeway! Unlike guys, we actually have some needs, like makeup and... well, you know the rest.

“We’re almost there, Eunhae. You might want to fix your makeup before we go in,” Manager-oppa suggested. I sniffed, carefully dabbed my face with a tissue, and fixed my makeup.

We arrived at SM in just a few minutes, and a man in a suit was already waiting for us outside.

“Hello, Eunhae. I’m Director Choi. From here on out, your manager can’t come with you. So say your goodbyes and let’s get started,” he grinned. Manager-oppa and I looked at each other, confused, but we said our goodbyes and he left.

Director Choi led me inside the building and to the front desk. He and the secretary discussed some things, then the secretary handed us a bronze key.

 



“Are we there yet?” I whined. I’d been in the car for fifteen minutes, and all the swerving Director Choi was doing was going to make me throw up my lunch.
“Almost. Well, I might as well tell you what you need to know right now. Once you enter the apartment, there will be a list of instructions and warnings on the dining room table. It’s vital that you read it,” Mr. Choi insisted. Then we arrived at the apartment.

“Good luck,” Mr. Choi smiled...or was that a smirk? Then he took off, leaving me to fend for myself.

I looked at the apartment I was dropped off at. Great, he dropped me off at B10. Wasn’t he the one who sent the email to go to B32? The man either forgot which building it was, or enjoyed watching people suffer.

I sighed and started my search for my apartment. As I walked on, I noticed that the apartments looked kind of rundown. The white paint had started to peel off to reveal a dull gray wall, and people were hanging their laundry over their porch. I noted how the residents had no shame and even hung their underwear outside for the world to see. I could already tell this place was going to be hell.

Finally, I arrived my apartment, climbed a flight of stairs, and found my apartment that was six doors down. I pulled out my key and unlocked the door....except the door didn’t open.

Was this door defective or something?? I tried the lock again; then I noticed that there were TWO keyholes. Maybe I should try the other one? I tried again, and the door didn’t budge.

Maybe there was someone inside already?

“Anyeonghaseyo? Anyone in there?” I called out, but no one answered.

Fine, if the civilized attempts didn’t work, it’s time to use brute force.

I shoved my shoulder against the door, intending to break down the door. Sure, the door was supposed to break, and possibly cost SM ten thousands of won, but it beats waiting out here in the dark, starving and in danger of meeting a criminal. But the door didn’t break open.

Great, SM had left me stranded because they forgot there were TWO keyholes.
I was going to ram myself into the door again when-

“Anyeong! I have the other key. Are you my costar?” a voice stopped me from behind.  





Taemin’s POV
I waved goodbye to my hyungs and walked up to the apartment with only the key in my hand. Hopefully that girl had her's.

Someone was by the door, trying to get in.

“Annyeong! I have the other key. Are you my co-star?”

The girl turned around, and I froze. You have got to be kidding me.


 

So guys....they finally meet...AGAIN!! Bet you guys already knew this was going to happen ;P -LOLxbox 

And did you guys hear 1000? it's amazing and again we're sorry about the late update...and that whole thing about getting a lot done over break? that was a lie....- chocolate-notes :)