Audition

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

 

Director’s POV

                 That Eun-hae girl has no respect. Oh wait, I remember her now. She’s that new sensation that’s been sweeping through Korea. Armed with her looks and extraordinary acting skills, she captured millions of fans in one sweep. Her image was one of innocence and mystery. She was supposed to be polite and sweet.

               Who ever knew she was such a b*tch? I guess that shows what an excellent actor she is.

              But I really don’t want her to play the main part in the drama, no matter how famous she is. Everyone gets an equal chance, even that hobo on the street, and if I let someone get the part, it’s going to be someone with some manners.


 Also, if I recall correctly, she never actually played the part of a sweet lover like the girl she’s trying out for. She’s been in a few dramas, music videos, and CF’s, but none of them actually had much romance. I grinned while handing the audition script to her. I couldn’t wait to watch her fail.


Then I turned to Taemin. The famous maknae of the Shinee brothers who were joined together as a family after mysterious accident their parents all had. His foster parents had tried to bribe me, but I refused them. Somehow, I felt like he didn’t want to audition. In fact, he looked like he would pee his pants. I gave him an encouraging smile, handing him the script.


“Turn to page twenty-eight. The audition scene is Scene Four. Taemin, you are playing the part of Jeremy, who’s a rich half-Korean and half-English boy from London. Jeremy’s a boy who thinks he knows everything about the world, when the fact is, he doesn’t even know a quarter of it. Eunhae, you are playing Hyoseung. She’s a poor nerdy and NICE girl who just happens to have the misfortune of colliding with Jeremy.. You also have to remember she’s tough enough to fight away bullies and robbers, because she knows how to protect herself. Good luck. ”


“Oh, and Mr. and Mrs. Lee? You may leave now,” I pointed to the exit.  

 

 

 

 


Eunhae’s POV

What? A poor nerdy girl?! The first thing that came to mind was that poor nerd in my school that I had recently helped...what was her name? Was it Minnie? no...wait that’s the girl rat at disney world..

And how come Taemin gets to be the rich guy, huh?! I bet he feels all great and smug about it. I looked up to see Taemin’s expression.

He looked scared, like it was the first day of school. I held down a snort of disbelief. If he couldn’t act, then why did he come to audition in the first place? Stupid rookies like him are going to be squashed. I might as well help him and crush him first before he crumbles in during the real thing. I’m such a great person, even to rivals who try to bribe the judges.

I received the script and skimmed through the lines. I’d never read the book, because I KNOW I’ll pass, even if I try to wing it. Now that I think about it, wasn’t the title of this stupid drama called Not A Typical Highschool Romance? Romance?! Does that mean-?


Uh oh.


I read the part that I was to rehearse slowly. At least there wasn’t any romance in this part...just some part about Jeremy throwing money at Hyoseung.


Wait..What?


H-How dare they treat me like some beggar! I’m THE Eunhae! I shouldn’t be on the floor, shivering and being nerdy, and having 100000 won bills and whatever change was available thrown at me because I look pitiful! A growing resentment grew in my chest, and I could hear the blood rushing in my head. How dare he gives me this embarrassing scene! Fine, if the director wants to play this way, I’ll play. He better not cry when I present the greatest performance ever.

  

I’m going to try my hardest, even if I’ve never acted the part of a pathetic nerd. If it’s me, I won’t be any nerd, I’ll be a charming nerd.

 

 

 

 


Taemin’s POV


To be completely honest, I was about to pee in my pants that Key hyung had designed specifically for me. And thankfully they were kind of normal... I looked down at the script. It was an okay story line. Jeremy sounded a lot like me anyways. When the hyungs had been obsessed with this book last summer, they had complete script readings and put on plays for me...


Of course, I had never read it... They said it was too ‘mature’ for me and they thought it would have a bad influence on me. Seriously? I’m not that much younger than them... But it was nice that they would give me banana milk whenever they started to talk about it in order to distract me.


So this Jeremy character was apparently cold and cool on the outside and a nice softie inside...okay then.


I flipped to the page that the director indicated and I felt a grin slide onto my face. I looked over to see that...thing’s eyes bug out and start hyperventilating. This was going to be lots of fun.


“Director-nim? Can I have my props right now?”

 

 


Director’s POV


I carefully watched their expressions. I almost laughed in glee as Eun-hae started panicking. This scene was to test her sense of pride. Even when acting, one has to throw away their own personality, even their pride.


Taemin was smirking after reading the lines, and when he asked eagerly to have the props, I could tell he had followed my train of thoughts. If this Eun-hae could survive this audition, then I’ll deem her a worthy actress (but no guarantee that she’ll get the part...hehe).


“Sure,” I took out a wad of bills that I wish were real, but I had gotten them from the 100 won store.

 

“Make sure to enjoy it,” I whispered to Taemin as I handed him the pouch. His grin stretched out even more, revealing an angelic smile.


Looks, CHECK. The girls will be falling heads over heels for him in one second, even if they didn’t already know who he was. He had that bad boy look, but I could tell that underneath was an innocent little boy.


I made my way back to the table, and Mr. Jin-shii leaned over to whisper something.


“You’re not going to actually let that brat in, right?”


I rolled my eyes. “We’ll see.”


I gave them a few more minutes to go over the script, and also for the cameramen to prepare their cameras.. It wasn’t that long, but I didn’t expect them to memorize their part totally, since they only had about five minutes. Eunhae seemed ready to go, already calming her nerves which a determined concentration. It was obvious that she was holding down that sense of pride, and I almost admired her for that.


“I’m ready,” Eunhae eyes still closed in concentration, holding an AP book. She certainly didn’t look ready. Taemin nodded his consent. The cameramen also nodded.


Mr. Kim-shii held up the slate board and lifted the flap up, “Lights, Cameras, Action!”


Taemin strutted in from the other side of the room to where Eunhae was diligently reading her AP calculus book. I snorted a little. There was no way this girl could take such a hard course.


She had her nose stuck in the book so she ran into Taemin. “Oh Jeremy-shii! I’m so sorry!” Her eyes widened behind the nerd glasses and she cowered a little under his fierce glare. She slowly bent down into a bowing position you would only see on New Year’s day.


“Who the heck are you? You know what? I don’t even want to know. Just watch where you’re going, Nerd,” He scoffed before stepping over her prone figure.


I raised my eyebrows. They were both really good. Eun-hae was actually really good at acting no matter how horrible her normal personality was. And Taemin, that kid was DEBAK for a rookie.


Taemin/Jeremy spun around at the last second. “Wait, isn’t that the uniform for Mondays? It’s Wednesday. Why aren’t you wearing the right one?”


“Well sir, it’s just that.. I can’t afford to buy all five of the uniforms...”


Jeremy smiled at that, “Oh, I’m such an amazing person, so I’ll help you. Here’s 100,000 won for your new clothes.” He pulled a wad of bills from out of his coat pocket and they fluttered down around her.


Hyoseung looked in awe as paper filled the air  and instinctively reached out for them before pulling back.


Jeremy smirked, “What too much for you? Fine...”


I frowned... That was not in the script... Then I laughed at the next part, seriously this kid was a genius.


Taemin was pulling out something shiny from his pocket and threw them down as well. They were a bunch of 100 won pieces and they clattered everywhere.


I could tell Eunhae was trying to control herself, and she was which was scarily impressive. Her grip on the calculus book tightened a little but her face remained that of a victim’s.


She got up sweetly and dusted off her precious book. “I’m sorry Jeremy-ssi. It’s a little too much for me. But thank you for the offer.” Hyoseung bowed politely before running off the performance area.


I got up and clapped. “Very good you two. I’ll let you know about the results as soon as the rest of the auditions are over.”


Well, I guess there’s more to Eunhae than I thought. I’m even considering her now...I shook my head in wonder.


That was when Eun-hae pounced on top of Taemin. “YAH!! YOU B*STARD WHAT IS FREAKING WRONG WITH YOU??? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO HAVE COINS TOSSED IN YOUR FACE? IF I GET DROPPED FROM THAT MAKEUP CF BECAUSE OF THESE BRUISES, I’M ACTUALLY GOING TO RIP OFF ALL YOUR SHINY HAIR!!! NOT TO MENTION CRACK YOUR STUPID FACE!!”


Taemin just easily pushed her off and bowed to me. “Thank you director-nim. I will await your call.”


The way he rolled his eyes at Eunhae and easily side-stepped her next attack...I could tell he was already an experienced kingka from whatever school he was from. Better, the drama would get even more fangirls then.


The two were ushered from the room while I made sure that the recording was saved on the right tape. I turned to my assistant. “Can you watch the rest of the auditions? Just let me know if Lee Min Ho or Park Min Young show up. If not, don’t even bother recording them.”


She frowned. “But you said everyone would have an equal shot.”


“I did. It’s just that there’s nothing left to consider. All of the equal shots were given, everyone will have auditioned. But I already found the perfect characters.”


I picked up my folder and looked at the 59 headshots of Cho Eun-hae and what looked like a selca of Taemin and his four equally famous brothers. An idea was already popping up in my head. I couldn’t hold back a grin. This was going to be a really interesting drama.


So... sorry we haven’t updated in like forever *hangs head in shame* but hopefully this chapter makes up for it! Both of us have break next week so we’ll be writing a ton and hopefully getting caught up! Thanks for reading and subscribing and we love comments too!!!
-chocolate-notes :)
(and LOLxbox)