Strength and Ice Mochas

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

 

Kevin POV

 

Kevin sighed as he stretched out on the bed. Minhee and his aunt had just gone to bed, but he was still jet-lagged, even after a week here. But a lot of things had happened in that one week. He got out his journal and opened to a new page.

 

What should he write about? He liked to keep it to a few lines at most. Should he write that Taemin was a little more than forceful when trying to feed him the ice cream cake? It almost looked like he was trying to smash it onto Kevin’s shirt if he hadn’t caught it in time. And he took away his ice cream too! He gave the biggest slice to Minhee and a piece the size of an oreo to him! Does he like Minhee?

 

And then there’s that Eunhae girl. Sure she’s nice...maybe a little too nice, especially since she found out that he and Minhee were cousins.

 

He tapped his pencil as he pondered the idea. Oh! They must be an overprotective boyfriend and a best friend! Yay Minhee’s not alone anymore!

 

His phone rang and a familiar name came up. “Hi Jessica noona! What’s up?”

 

He had met her at a convention in California and also at a film festival in Busan. Being two of the few actors that were from the States, they became friends and have been dating for a couple years.

 

“Noona? Really? Can you stop it with that!” he heard her grumbling and grinned. “I didn’t think you would still be up.”

 

“I just got back so you know, can’t fall asleep and I’ll probably take 29 naps tomorrow around lunch time.”

 

“Lunch! It’s been a while... How about Sunday at this cafe I found?”

 

“I don’t know my schedule yet since drama filming starts in a couple days for me.”

 

“Oh yeah! You’re in that new drama as the mysterious character. Your name hasn’t even been released to the press yet. Who else is in it?”

 

“Actually I just met them today. Lee Taemin and Cho Eunhae? I think those are their names”

 

“....THE Cho Eunhae? Are you serious? She got that role!?!”

 

“Ne. What’s wrong noona?”

 

“Cause that girl! She’s just so rude and annoying. She’s the girl I was in that CF with a couple years ago and she was the most annoying person ever!” Jessica was talking faster than that new rapper from that new group, Zelo?

 

“She seems nice though.”

 

He heard a snort and struggled to keep his laughter in. “SHE’S NICE? STAY AWAY FROM HER KEVIN!!! She’s just going to lure you in like she did to everyone else when the cameras were around and then she turned into a complete ____ when it was just me and her. She kept going on about how I was so much older than her, she was so much prettier than me, and how she wasn’t even earning enough money for this thing...honestly.”

 

“Really?”

 

“And after that CF aired, I haven’t been getting as many offers because they all went to her. She’s endorsing like 23 products! Can you believe that!?!”

 

Kevin frowned. “Okay noona, calm down. Take a deep breath.”

 

“Miane. It’s been a long day at the trainer’s and I haven’t been able to eat yet.”

 

“Go eat! I’ll treat you to a meal soon, but go eat a hamburger right now or something.”

 

“Do you want me to get fat!?! All the calories!” Jessica cried dramatically but he knew that there was probably one in her hand right now.

 

“Yes, I know there’s one in your hand. You’re probably sitting at a McDonald’s right now...”

 

“...Guilty as charged.”

 

“Okay, I’ll see you soon noona!”

 

“But seriously, I need to do something about that Eunhae girl...”she muttered before saying goodbye and hanging up.

 

He was just about to turn off the light when he got a text.

 

-Hey Kev, your aunt is a production manager in your drama, right?

 

-yeah, why?

 

-No reason. Night :)

 


 

 

 

Eunhae’s POV

 

“Yah! Don’t lie on the ground!” I yelled.

 

“I’m not! You’re just blind!” Taemin shouted back. “And it doesn’t help that you’re sitting ON me!!”

 

That’s right. I’m sitting on Taemin as he does push-ups in the living room. It’s not really necessary, but I did it because it’s funny watching him in pain. Sure, it sounds sadist, but it’s not everyday I get to see Taemin in pain.

 

Director Choi told me that I should start teaching Taemin some taekwondo skills for the drama, since Taemin’s character is pretty good at taekwondo while Taemin is.... nada. Right now, we’re just working on the body building part.

 

“Sitting on you is imperative. You see, you start growing muscles faster than normal, and then you can impress Minhee with your stripper abbs!”

 

“W-What are you-” Taemin spluttered, and then collapsed under me.

 

“Tsk tsk. Too weak,” I clucked as I hopped off his back and bought over two water bottles, handing him one.

 

“Oh, thanks,” Taemin huffed as he reached for the water bottle. Grinning, I pulled it away just before his hands closed around the bottle.

 

“W-What the-!! Wae???” Taemin whined.

 

“Ten more push ups, and we’ll see,” I sipped from my bottle.

 

“I hate you- you know that- right?” Taemin grumbled as he struggled back into a push-up position and waited for me to place my beautiful on his back. Feeling a bit guilty, I decided to let him do the last ten without my added extra weight.

 

“Just start. I don’t think I can sit on your bony back anymore,” I waved him on. “So hurry up and grow some muscle.”

 

In no time, Taemin finished his last ten, and I handed him his water bottle.

 

“I can’t believe you’re a black belt,” Taemin gulped down water, almost drowning himself.

 

“Do you want to see me in action?” I grinned, instinctively knowing that it was a feral smile.

 

“A-ani. I already saw you beat up that girl on set,” Taemin shuddered.

 

After a few minutes, I restarted the lesson.


 

 

“Okay, punching time,” I got up and started jabbing at the punching bag to see how the bag felt. The bag wasn’t that bad. Sure, it was packed full of sand, but my knuckles already had calluses (I usually hid my knuckles, so that no one would say I had ugly hands), so it didn’t hurt. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Taemin’s eyes grow as I threw each punch. Wanting to see how big his eyes would grow, I threw one last punch as hard as I could. The force blasted the bag a few feet away. Seeing the distance increase, my instinct cut in, telling me the bag was an enemy, and I followed up with a running jump back spin kick- blasting it another few feet away.

 

Taemin’s face was full of wonder and fear. I bet he didn’t think I was this strong.

 

“So, ready to get started?” I chirped. “All you have to do is punch the bag a foot or so.”

 

Taemin didn’t respond. His jaw had dropped so low, that I’m pretty sure that his jaw unhinged.

 

Smirking, I walked over to him and lifted his chin up to its rightful place, “We don’t want any flies flying into that big mouth of yours.”


 

 

Taemin’s POV

 

That’s it...I may be decently fit to dance, but taekwondo...I have stamina, not strength...If I have to spend another minute with this girl...How is she so good at it anyways? Girls like her are dangerous with this kind of knowledge. If only my hyungs knew what were going on.

 

“Hey Eunhae, do you want to grab some weights? You know, to make sure that I’m trained enough?”

 

She beamed. Maybe because she was trying to get me to be serious for the past hour or so. “Yeah, I’ll go into the closet and get them.”

 

Her smile was pretty...But I was kind of in too much pain to really think about it. I nodded and started doing jumping jacks as she ran to the hall closet.

 

No sooner had she stepped foot in the cramped space when I pushed her in and locked the door.

 

“YAH LEE TAEMIN!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?” she screamed and I was actually scared she would knock down the door with that voice of hers.

 

“Sorry! I just wanted a break.”

 

“Is it necessary? You could’ve just asked!”

 

I bit my lip. That was true. “Would you have given me one?”

 

“Pshhhh of course not!”

 

“Yeah, that’s why this is necessary. Don’t worry, I’ll let you out in a few minutes,” I muttered as I texted my hyungs.


 

 

A few minutes later, Minho hyung arrived with a few bags. “Here Tae, anything else you wanted?”

 

“No, thanks hyung!”

 

He grinned and patted my head. “No problem. I’m going to be at the gym. Call me or Key hyung if you need anything else. The others are kind of swamped.”

 

I waved goodbye with a satisfied sigh and sat down.

 

“LEE TAEMIN! DID YOU ORDER FOOD WITHOUT ME?”

 

“...No?” I wasn't lying...I didn't order it...It just kinda got delivered...


 

 

Next day: (still Taemin's POV)

 

The director clapped his hands. “That’s a wrap! See you all tomorrow morning, when our new actor comes. He’s come all the way over from the States so I expect a warm welcome.”

 

I grinned. It had only taken a few tries for him to be satisfied with me throwing the class president across some tables and into a wall made out of foam. The only problem was that he had tripped on Eunhae’s bag and he crashed into the wall...the real part made out of sheetrock.

 

Reaching my hand out to the poor guy, I bit my lip. “Are you okay? I didn’t mean for you to crash in the wrong wall.”

 

He laughed. “No, it’s my own fault. I’m impressed Taemin-ssi. You couldn’t even move me last week. Oh look butterflies! Are they included in the script?”

 

I blinked. “Excuse me?” His ‘butterflies’ was a boom mike.

 

“Yeah! The pink one is soooooo pretty!”

 

“Um noona, could you take him to the hospital? I think he’s concussed.” I waved at a nearby staff member. She nodded and ushered the actor away.

 

“Well? Did I do a good job teaching you or what?” Her royal highness grinned at me.

 

If I told her she was good and thanked her, her ego would swell so much that her head might pop off. If I didn’t, then she would yell at me about lack of good manners. Hmmm…

 

“Let’s go home. I’m tired.” I grabbed my bag, a hat, and walked to the elevator.

 

She frowned and followed me into the small room. Wait...I was in a small room with an angry girl...who knows taekwondo...That’s not good.

 

“Yah Lee Taemin! Do you know how much I worked my off for you? HMMMM? Who was the one who gave up her time to make your weak little body arms be able to throw a punch? Who was the one that ended up getting locked in a closet while you had 50 bottles of banana milk? Don’t you dare think that I didn’t hear you slurping that horrid stuff. And you still have your rich lifestyle while I’m still a beggar. Do you even understand how hard this is for me without makeup? And my stupid character doesn’t wear makeup! How am I supposed to live like this?”

 

I kept calm as I walked into the broadcasting station’s cafe. People were staring until they noticed it was THE Cho-Eunhae. And no it wasn’t looks of awe, they were used to it. A few of them mouthed sorry but I just shrugged. “Two ice mochas please.”

 

She kept jabbering away until I sat down at a table towards the back. The only person there was an old ahjumma pd and an intern with a baseball cap working on his computer.

 

“AND NOW YOU JUST HAVE TO SHOW OFF HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE BY BUYING TWO OF MY FAVORITE DRINKS EVER THAT I CAN’T DRINK UNTIL THIS STUPID DRAMA IS OVER!!!” she was starting to get red in the face as I slid one cup over to her.

 

“For me?” she instantly brightened up. Without even a word of thanks, she dug into it. She was a coffee maniac or something and not having it for a couple weeks had been bad...Never mess with a coffee addict.


 

 

Eunhae’s POV

 

“Ahhh, how long has it been since I’ve had a cup of heaven?” I sighed contently, feeling the edge of fatigue that had haunted me for the past week seep away.

 

“Are you smiling?” Taemin smirked after he sipped his mocha. A distinct whipped cream mustache outlined the outside of his lips.

 

“What if I am?” I shrugged. “Coffee performs many miracles, especially for a girl who has to sleep on the stupid cold stone floor every night.”

 

We sat in silence for awhile, both of us drinking our mochas and thinking about stuff. Currently, I was wondering whether or not I should tell Taemin about his mustache.

 

“You know, you’re not that bad,” I murmured.

 

What the heck am I saying?! The coffee must’ve gotten to my brain!

 

“What did you say? I don’t think I heard it correctly,” Taemin stared at me with wide eyes that were growing by the second.

 

The coffee definitely must’ve been spiked or something, because I just repeated what I said, “You not that bad.”

 

Taemin just stared.

 

...

 

“Is THE Cho Eunhae actually being nice?! Did you just COMPLIMENT me?!” Taemin’s mouth dropped.

 

“As I said, coffee does its miracles.”

 

“Remind me to get you coffee more often, especially before and after work and in the morning,” Taemin stared at me once again.

 

I grinned, “You’re the best.”

 

Taemin dropped his cup.

 

“I-I’m going to go get another one,” he stuttered, wiping the mess on the table and hurrying away. Smirking, I realized my nice side must’ve freaked him out really badly. I need to do this more often.

 

I was halfway done with my mocha when Taemin came back. In his hands were a new cup of mocha, and a banana walnut muffin. I guess the dude just likes banana everything. If anything he’s like a monkey... and maybe a stripper. A monkey stripper I guess? Well, he doesn’t strip all that much anymore. In fact, I haven’t said hello to his abbs in - how long was it? ... I can’t even remember. I guess he’s just a monkey now.

 

“You really like bananas, don’t you?” I scowled in distaste.

 

“Is there a problem with liking bananas?” Taemin sipped his mocha and bit into the muffin. Crumbs stuck to his creme mustache, and I held in my laughter.

 

“Of course not,” I shook my head. “It just means that you’re one step closer to being a monkey than the rest of humanity.”

 

“Yah! I thought you were supposed to be nice when you drank coffee!”

 

“I’m almost out,” I shook my now three-fourth’s empty cup at him.

 

“You don’t honestly expect me to get you another cup,” Taemin sighed exasperatedly.

 

“Of course not! I don’t need to be high on caffeine! I just prefer to drink some form of coffee every three hours or so,” I smirked.

 

“Fine. I’ll just get you another one after I finish my muffin,” he huffed, stuffing his face.

 

Smiling contently, I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes, trying to mentally relax. The noise of the room was cacophonous, since it was getting to be that time of the day. Bored, I decided to eavesdrop on conversations happening in the room.

 

“Isn’t that Taemin-shii and Eunhae-shii? Wahhhh!!! They look so good together! They’re so perfect!” I heard a girl fangirl, sitting in the corner of the room.

 

“You haven’t heard yet?” her partner at the table scoffed. “They’re living together apparently, and Eunhae is rumored to be an a$$hole.”

 

I in a breath of annoyance. Not wanting to listen to that conversation anymore, I focused on the table in the other corner of the room. I couldn’t really see the person sitting there well, but I could hear him just fine. He seemed to be rehearsing lines or something. Perhaps he was an actor too?

 

“Please,” the person scoffed according to his (It sounded like a guy) script. “I have better things to do than to listen to your hodgepodge of crap. I have money, girls, and looks. Really, you couldn’t have asked for anymore.”

 

Wait. Those lines were familiar... Weren’t they from the drama that Taemin and I were in?! And weren’t those Taemin’s lines? I have to say... he did a pretty good impression of Taemin’s character and Taemin himself.

 

“Taemin! You have to listen to this!” I hissed across the table.

 

“To what?” he asked.

 

“Listen to the dude sitting at that table!” I pointed to the table in the corner.

 

“Are you telling me that you not only have gorilla strength, but also super hearing?! Wow, you must be Superwoman or something,” Taemin rolled his eyes.

 

“No, really! I think the guy sitting at that table is rehearsing your lines!”

 

“Don’t make up - WHAT?!” Taemin proceeded to try to stick his head out as close to the corner table as possible.

 

I tuned back into the dude’s rehearsal.

 

“You really think that I, THE one and only Jeremy Kim, would EVER listen to you?! Really, you’re getting ahead of your game. I don’t even remember your name,” Taemin’s character scoffed.

 

Taemin started turning red with embarrassment because first of all, the guy was way better than Taemin, and second of all, it was a pretty good imitation of Taemin too.

 

“D-don’t tell me I actually sound like that,” Taemin squeaked.

 

“Yup, except he plays the character way better than you,” I raised an eyebrow. Taemin didn’t answer, but just stuffed his face with the rest of the banana muffin, getting the crumbs all over his cheeks too.

 

The guy’s voice switched to a much much higher and meek pitch- almost nasally, as if mocking my character. “I’m sorry you feel that way, Jeremy-shii, but I wouldn’t even be trying to talk to you if it weren’t so important.” The guy sighed in a girlish way. “But I guess you’re hopeless.” He paused for a while, and then carried on, “Oh, and by the way, my name is Jung Hyoseung.”

 

THOSE WERE MY LINES!!! WHY WAS A GUY READING MY LINES!!! I DON’T EVEN SOUND LIKE THAT!!! My jaw dropped. Taemin started laughing... and then choking.

 

Guess the monkey was still listening after all.

 

“It’s funny how you actually sound like that!” Taemin guffawed after he recovered.

 

“Just die already,” I growled, slamming my hands on the table and pushing myself up.

 

“Yah! Eunhae! Calm down! He was just-”

 

“No! I’m going to give that bastard a piece of my mind,” I huffed, stomping my way up to the corner table with Taemin hastily trailing behind me.

 

It only took about a second for the imposter to be seen - well, his back at least. His hair was a familiar blonde, but that didn’t stop me. A billion people had this hair color, and he wasn’t an exception. Without missing a beat, I stopped behind, and spun his chair around.

 

“Yah! You-” I started to bellow, but stopped.

 

In the chair was Kevin, staring up at me in surprise.


“Oh, annyeong Eunhae and Taemin! I didn’t expect to see you here!” he smiled like an angel.

Yay for updating! We're really sorry guys...Hope you enjoyed it though :)