The Beginning

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

 

Eun-hae’s POV


I, Cho Eun-hae, sighed before leaning back in my chair. The stupid math teacher had been droning on for the past hour, and there really wasn’t a point. Why sit in a classroom when you’re only 17 and have been in 5 dramas, 2 movies, 3 music videos, and a million CFs?


        “Eun-hae? What is the answer?” The teacher smiled kindly at me. It was probably another scheme of his for me to say ‘Oh Mr.Kim is my favoritest teacher ever’, meaning he gets a raise...


        I tried to smile, but it turned out as a grimace, “x=2, Mr. Kim.”


        Mr. Kim nodded and turned back to the board. That was when that poor new nerd girl spoke up. “Sir? She’s wrong. The answer is x=5.7”


        He looked at the work and beamed at the new girl. “Why you’re absolutely right Minhee-ah!” he erased the board while I scrutinized her. A couple of my “friends” turned around to give me a sympathetic smile, while the nerds and other normal kids in the school give a thumbs up to that Minhee-ah girl.


        I tried to not let a smirk appear when I saw the tattered uniform and thick glasses. She probably doesn’t even have any parents.


        A ding rang out in the classroom and everyone froze. Mr. Kim looked around. “Who’s phone was that?”


        I just lazily raised my hand and opened the message:

 

Watch the news tonight- manager oppa.

 

 

“It’s nothing Mr. Kim. Please continue with your fascinating lecture.”

 

Obviously he didn’t get the sarcasm because he jumped right back in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Eun-hae ssi?”

 

I looked up from my salad (I’m trying to promote healthy diets) to see that nerdy girl smiling shyly at me.

 

“What?” I snapped.

 

“Could I get an autograph? I’ve been a huge fan for a while...”

 

I was about to say no and criticize her, when I had an idea that could help this girl.

 

“Sure Minhee-ah! Just call me Eun-hae though, no need to be formal. Why don’t you sit down with us?” I smiled at Ms. Rags, who looked like she was about to fangirl any moment.

 

“Really? Thanks!”

 

I’m just too perfect. Even when faced with tough decisions like sitting with people who mucked around with dirt, I can do the right thing. My ‘friends’ raised their eyebrows but I just smirked inwardly. She’s here for the exact same reason as you, wanting to try and share my spotlight. But I’ve worked too hard, and there’s no reason why you guys are any better than her.

 

Ms. Rags sat down next to me, and pulled out her sandwich and juice box. How nerdy can she get? At least she’ll have new clothes once I’m done with her.

 

“Is that lychee flavored? I LOVE lychees!” I gushed over her drink. She looked at me surprised. I could tell she was struggling whether to give me her beloved drink or not.

 

           “H-Here. You can have it if you like it,” she handed me the juice. I smiled gracefully, then squeezed the box as hard as I could over her skirt so that the juice soaked it like she peed her pants.


           “Omo! I’m so sorry! Here, have this napkin,” I feigned worry, handing her my handkerchief. She shook her head, close to tears. 

“N-no! It’s okay! I-I’ll just go wash it off,” she hurried off, trying to cover her wet spot. As she ran off with her lunch, my “friends” stayed quiet for a second, then they burst into laughter. I could tell they were wondering why I did that though.  

 

I sighed. I have such a hard life. No one understands me and my generosity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I scrambled into my car and ordered the driver to speed up. There was some kind of event between schools and a crowd of fanboys recognized my beautiful face. I mean, who wouldn’t. I was a bit disappointed to see that there weren’t as many people as I’d expected, but that’s okay. I just need to concentrate on the loyal fans in front of me right now.

 

“Eun-hae- yah!! MARRY ME!” a boy with messed up hair was shouting in the distance.

 

I pasted on my brightest smile and stuck my head out the window to answer.

 

“Mianhae!! My parents won’t let me!” Also because you’re not rich, and you’re fugly.

 

“Even when rejecting me she’s an angel!” the boy fainted. I giggled innocently before closing the window.

 

Time to go home and see why Manager-oppa had disrupted my studies.

______________________________________________
Taemin’s POV


          “Ten more minutes until the test is over!” 


          I groaned internally as I casually flipped the pages. I had already finished a while ago, but had to go back and fix a couple things. I sighed as I purposefully changed my answers so that at least half of them were wrong. I smirked as I decided to leave the last page blank and started to doodle. 


          I could see a couple girls look back at me and giggle shyly. Don’t they have anything better to do? This tie is choking me! How did I live with it? I threw it on the floor and went to sleep.
 

          Onew poked my head. “Yah, get up. The car is here.” He leaned over to see the crumpled up test. “Did you fail on purpose again?”I threw the test on the front table and shrugged on my blazer. “Hyung, you know I have to. I don’t want to be like you...”

          He sighed and nodded. “You’re probably right. I’ll meet you at the car then.”

           I messed up my hair from it’s gelled prison before walking over to my locker to grab my headphones and leave. A cute girl with huge glasses walked shyly up to me. I tried to escape but then... “Taemin oppa, could you maybe go out with me?”

           “I don’t date nerds. Mianhe.” I strode to the door and cringed a little when that girl started sobbing hysterically.

 

 

 

 

 

           I straightened my face and put on a bored expression when I heard some other girls calling my name and slid into the backseat of a limo our chauffeur was driving. I threw my bag somewhere towards the front, eliciting a groan from Jonghyun. 


           “Yah! that hurt!”


           I just blew his bangs out and stretched my feet out. “Deal with it.”


           Key looked at me. “What’s wrong with you lately? You’ve been acting all moody lately.”


           “Guys calm down. He’s 17, you know what that means...” Minho his phone and started watching some soccer moves while texting his high jump coach.


           Jonghyun groaned. “No we need to save our maknae!”


           Key grabbed me into a hug and I gasped for air. “Umma save you!”
I snorted and moved to the opposite end of the limo. “Don’t even try. All of you were forced, and I guess you like your jobs and make a lot of money, but I don’t have anything I want to be... Which means they’re going to pick for me...”

 

 



          “We’re home!” we shouted as we got into the mansion... that was literally paid by us. Umma and Appa were relaxing in front of the tv.


          “Was school fun? By the way, Onew, there’s a new scholarship for this science thingy and those papers are on the counter. Jonghyun, your vocal coach says you need to go out for this singing program that is going to give out prizes worth thousands of won and also scholarships to Julliard and stuff. There’s a couple of new fashion magazines and intern applications for you Key. And Minho, your coach wants to meet with you at 7 tonight in order perfect something for whatever sport is in season right now.”


           “It’s fall soccer,” Minho muttered through clenched teeth.


           Everyone but me slumped towards the kitchen table and grabbed their respective papers and slammed their doors.


           “Goodness, did something happen at school Taemin-a?” Your mom looked over at you with a concerned smile. You just raised an eyebrow. “Ani, everything at school was just fine.”

           I quickly took a shower before flopping down on my bed. Making sure no one else was watching, I took out a picture frame from behind our family portrait. It wasn’t with my 4 brothers or my foster parents, it was of me and my real parents. They were so much better than these new ones. 


           “Umma, Appa, you had really bad friends. I mean I guess the rest of them were nice but why did all of you have to die and leave the worst pair for us sons? I think Onew hyung is going to drive himself insane with all of that studying he’s doing and Minho hyung is going to get an injury any second with all the sports he’s doing.”
Key stuck his head in the door and saw me talking to the picture. “You too huh? I miss mine too.”
I furiously wiped away some of the tears and put on my poker face. “What are you talking about hyung? Don’t you need to go design something?” He flinched and I knew that the comment hurt him. I pushed away my conscience and went downstairs to drink something.


           My 17th birthday had been a couple of months ago and I knew my day was going to come any moment now. But all of my hyungs had pretty much filled all the industries and there was nothing left for me. Hopefully I would be able to live a normal life under their successful shadows. I didn’t need something for myself.

 

Just then an announcement came on the tv.

Every single high schooler is encouraged to audition. 


“Oh, sh**” I muttered and tried to retreat back to my room, but it was too late...


Hi everyone!!! chocolate-notes here! I will be the writer for the awesome Taemin in this fic and LOLxbox will write for Cho Eun-hae (who isn't based on anyone so don't worry!) hope you guys read and enjoy this!