Blondie

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

 

Taemin’s POV:


I kicked a pebble and winced when it hit the grumpy girl in front of me.


“LEE TAEMIN! One more thing and I swear I will castrate you!”


My eyes widened at that. Is she really that smart? She’s really mad. All because one of our co-stars said something about her acting. And of course since she’s THE Cho Eunhae, that means she had to throw whatever was in her hands at the jerk (who was kind of right...that girl can’t say the words fast enough for her nerd character’s answers). Said actor ducked and of course the 800 page calculus book hit our main camera director in the head.


So...the drama rehearsal ended early today while we find a new genius cameraman or he recovers from his concussion. Whichever one comes first. Even though we aren’t filming anything yet, they’re trying to block all the shots or something.


I sighed. Why did this girl have to live with me? What did I do? I’m a good person! I take a shower every day, brush my teeth, don’t do drugs, drink banana milk, don’t have a girlfriend...Which is another reason Eunhae is kinda mad.


When someone insults CHO EUNHAE, she doesn’t take it lightly. No sir. She just yelled back about the guy’s pitiful acting and then just had to throw my name into the mix.


“Lee Taemin has never had a proper relationship in his life! I’ve acted in every genre! How is my acting worse than his, or anyone else’s in the roo--” And that was when the girl playing my girlfriend of the week slapped her.


Sure I guess it’s nice that she defended me...but she didn’t have to start a catfight and get all of us kicked out and no rehearsal for the rest of the day. Also I think Eunhae broke her arm because apparently she’s like a second degree blackbelt in taekwondo?


Director Lee was...pissed? I think he screamed something about how we’re going to have a star from the US join us as the nice boy that all dramas are supposed to have. Pfft, if he’s like any of the extras, our drama is doomed.


Wait, why do I care? I’m just doing this for the money and then maybe the hyungs and I can move out! Switzerland? Thailand? Japan? Key and Minho hyung want to live in England though...for different reasons...I guess we can figure that part out later.


My toe nudged a beer can as I thought and it might have hit Eunhae in the back. She froze and turned around, scratch marks on her arms covered in herb medicine and hair pulled back into a messy ponytail.


“Lee Taemin, what did I tell you three minutes and 47 seconds ago?”


I blinked. “You counted?”


She stepped forward with a glare scarier than Jonghyun hyung’s when I accidentally called him short. “Of course I counted. Now, did you just hit me with that disgusting and filthy beer can that’s probably covered in STDS?”


“Why would there be STDS on that?”


Again, she stepped forward and I started walking backwards when her phone rang. Still glaring daggers at me, she answered the phone with a cheerful tone. “Hello? Oh hi Minhee! Yeah rehearsal got let out early today. Oh, nothing’s wrong. We were just doing such a great job that they gave us a break! Your house? Oh your OPPA’s welcome party? Sure me and the idiot will be there soon! See you!”


She pushed her hair behind her ear and grinned. “Hear that Minnie? Minhee’s having a party for her oppa and I’m going over to help her get ready. If you don’t want to wander around Seoul like a bum, hurry up and follow me!” Eunhae set off down the street towards the subway station.


Minnie? How dare she call me that?!?! That’s something only the hyungs call me...Even ‘umma’ and ‘appa’ aren’t allowed to call me that. “Ok, bye then. I’m just going to go home.”


“No you aren’t, I have the other key. Have fun being homeless for the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow!”


Breathe in. Breathe out. Don’t strangle her. I plastered on a smile and followed her.

--break

Minhee opened the door with a nervous looking grin. “Annyeong you two! And I know what you did Eunhae, you can’t lie to me. Come on in! Oppa’s going to be here soon and everything has to be perfect.”


I was just minding my own business, admiring her small but cozy home and noticing how pretty she looked in that sweater up until she said the word oppa. Hmph, what’s so special about him that he needs a welcome home party?


“Yah Minhee-a, didn’t you say he came in like over the weekend or something?”


“Yeah, but oppa had to do some stuff in Busan for business. He only dropped off a few things and left right away. His room is right upstairs and I already got that already. All that needs to be done is some food and hanging up some decorations in the backyard.” Minhee had the biggest smile on her face the entire time and had the big wide dreamy eyes that only disney princesses are supposed to get.


Eunhae smirked at me and spoke in a really loud voice. “You must really LOVE your OPPA.”


Minhee kind of did a double take and crammed a bunch of colored paper into Eunhae’s arms. “Of course I do. I’ve known him since forever and he’s always been there for me, why shouldn’t I do the same for him? Can you put these up?” She turned to me with a soft smile. “Come on Taemin-ssi, you can help me make some food. I heard Eunhae isn’t the best in the kitchen.”


That gorrilla muttered something about soju and ramen before leaving. I grinned as I thought of something. “I’ll help you as soon as you remember to call me oppa.”


She laughed. The pretty tinkling laugh, not like the donkey noises Eunhae makes. “Arasso oppa. Come on then, I’m thinking a cake?”


I nodded and sighed. I guess this guy was pretty special then, if she was making a cake and is comfortable enough to call me oppa without turning red.


Eunhae’s POV


I dumped the colored paper and a roll of tape into a huge basket and kicked open the unlocked door.


Ow. Shouldn’t have done that. It was hard enough walking to Minhee’s house on these sore legs, and kicking stuff hurt even worse. I should’ve stretched before I had a fight with “Taemin’s crappy fake actress- girlfriend.” It’s not my fault I got into a fight! That girl dared to slap me! She needed a spanking. Lucky for me that I’m a black belt, hehe.


Minhee’s house was almost as I had expected it to be. It was neat, clean, and simple. VERY simple. Her house was pretty tall, but thin, since she lived in the suburbs.


I hobbled over to her mailbox, trying not to waddle. Last thing I wanted to look like was a duck, especially when I was covered in this horrid old fashioned herb medicine. Lifting out the decorations in the basket, I noticed that the pieces papers were already shaped into words and taped together. Some pieces of paper were fashioned into cute shapes, and others were like origami flowers and stars. Wow, Minhee really did hide a ton of talent under that plain exterior of her’s.

 

Well, ex-plain exterior that is. Minhee had started wearing the clothes I chose for her a few weeks ago, and I must say that she looked pretty good. In fact, I’m kind of proud of my ability in turning her from the plain bumpkin to the star of the day! The clothes I chose for her were cuter than mine though.... But I don’t really care. Actually, it’s a lot more fun to dress someone else up then to dress myself up. Funny how I never noticed that before.


After browsing through all the paper decorations, I found some balloons at the bottom. I inflated them, added a few cute shapes onto the balloons, and taped the balloons to the mailbox.


A ladder was already laid on the ground, ready for use, and I slowly and painfully propped it up. Okay Eunhae, breathe in. Breathe out.

 

As I leaned against the side of the house, slowly going through the procedure, I felt my sore muscles that had been crying out in pain calm down. I shuffled over to the basket on the floor, and tucked it under my arm. Then I climbed up the ladder in a record breaking five minutes.


You know what I need? I need that stripper to come on out and help. He could have finished all this in ten minutes!! I placed the basket at the top of the ladder, balanced myself, and proceeded to stick the decorations onto the side of the wall and onto the windows.


After multiple times of climbing up and down the ladder, and then pushing it around to reach a place that was just a foot away from my original position, I finally decided to just lean over and tape the remaining decorations.


I reached out until I was hanging onto the ladder with just a foot and a hand. Stretching my arm as far as I could, I slapped the last piece of paper on the house. DONE!!! Grinning at my accomplishment, I tried to swing myself back onto the ladder, but in doing so, I lost my footing...


And ended up falling.


“GAHHHHHHH!!!! HELP MEEEEE!!!” I screeched as I braced for impact.


“OOOMFF!” I grunted as I landed on the floor. “Weird, why is the ground so soft?” I muttered. “Must be weird grass.”


“Um, actually, I’m not grass,” I heard a voice underneath me.


“OMO!” I immediately jumped up and extended a hand to the stranger that I landed on.


He was kind of cute... Okay, he was VERY cute. He had a nice milky complexion, like Taemin’s except a bit paler. Unlike Taemin, his eyes weren’t as huge as saucers, but were a normal decent size like all guys had. But it wasn’t really his pretty face that drew my eyes, but his bleached hair.


“You’re not going to say thank you?” he smirked.


“K-kamsamnida,” I stuttered. What was I stuttering for?! “Mianhe, I didn’t mean to land on you.”


“I know you didn’t,” the guy grinned cutely. “I was trying to catch you.”


“Well, you didn’t do that great of a job,” I mumbled.


“I heard that,” the guy snapped playfully. “And at least you’re safe. But who are you, and what are you doing taping stuff onto my Minhee’s house?”


“You’re Minhee’s oppa!” I squeaked. I’m so smart. “I was helping her decorate the house because she wanted to give you a big greeting. I’m Cho Eunhae,” I shook his hand that was still in mine. Darn it, Minhee’s so lucky!!! I’d trade Taemin for this guy any day!!


“I’m Kevin Woo,” Kevin introduced himself, shaking my hand back. “Should we go in? Are you done decorating? Can I help?”


“No to all of them, pabo,” I answered. “You can’t go in because they’re still cooking. I’m guessing another few minutes. No, you can’t help decorate because I already finished.”


“Well, you certainly did a good job,” Kevin whistled at my handiwork.


“Thanks!” I beamed. “But I just put the stuff up. It was Minhee who cut out all the decorations.”


“Well, you put it up well,” Kevin corrected himself. “Since I have to wait out here for a few minutes, why don’t you tell me more about yourself? You look like a busy girl.”


“I am!” I nodded. “Especially since I’m living wi-” I caught myself before the words finally tumbled out of my mouth. Whoa! That was a good catch.


“Living wi?” Kevin tilted his head. “What does that mean?”


Time to avert the conversation.


“Sooooo..... Why is your name Kevin? That doesn’t sound Korean,” I chirped.


“It’s not,” Kevin said. “It’s English. My family lives in the States, but I’m here on some business.”


“That’s cool,” I nodded and checked my watch. “I think we can go in now.”


Taemin’s POV

“We’re almost finished here, maybe you should go and help unnie.” Minhee chirped as she put the last final touches on the chocolate cake and rice cakes.


All of it was really pretty and I didn’t help as much as I probably should have...at least all the banana milk and fruit was organized?


“Sure Minhee, be right back.” I opened the backdoor just in time to see Eunhae fall down from the ladder. WAIT WHAT? I started towards her. Then stopped. Because a random blond guy who had been watching her ended up ‘catching’ her.


Who was this guy? Does Minhee have a stalker or something?


The two of them were muttering and laughing, the only words I heard was “You’re Minhee’s oppa!” In that ridiculous fake, and really obviously flirtatious, lilt she almost screamed in.


I snorted, she seemed to have more than enough help, and turned to go back inside.


This was Minhee’s boyfriend? What kind of guy who’s dating another girl just goes and saves a damse--no a gorilla in distress? Okay sure. Maybe he was being nice or chivalrous or something, but still! And why would he be in the backyard? The logical thing to do when entering your girlfriend’s house is to ring the doorbell. At the front door instead of loitering around in the back like some hobo or something.


And what was up with his blond hair? That’s like turning your back on your korean heritage. Blond? Really? Not some light brown or something that the more daring people do here? He’s not even a kpop idol or whatever the new trend is. He’s just a regular guy who just happens to date one of the nicest and genuine girls I’ve met.


I mean Key hyung dyed his hair blond once...there was also that time he dyed Jonghyun hyung’s hair four layers of blond in his sleep so his head looked like a well-cooked lasagna, but he hasn’t managed to get it on me yet! He’s told me lots of times I would look good with blond hair or, wait for it....hair extensions. Ugh no someone please save me from this hyung. I’ve caught him in my room a couple times, dye and hair clips all ready.


But at least hyung looks good blond. This guy...okay yeah he looks good blond too...but that doesn’t mean this guy is good looking like me!


I peeked out of the window to see him talking to Eunhae. His perfectly styled blond hair, his skinny figure (is he taller than Minho hyung or something? He’s taller than me!), his flawless skin, the way his clothes matched really well... No I’m not gay! But he is really good looking...is that why Minhee likes him?


Still he’s a jerk for ignoring Minhee and taking care of that stupid co-star of mine.


AND NO I’M NOT JEALOUS! I bet he can’t dance like I can, act like I can, and I’m probably still better looking than him.


“What are you doing oppa? I told you to go help unnie.” Minhee walked by me, carrying a bunch of plates into the living room.


“Oh, she’s almost done. Here let me help you!” I went into the kitchen to grab some food.


Eunhae’s POV

“Wow, it smells really good!” Kevin greedily sniffed the air as I led him inside.


“I can’t believe that stripper can actually cook,” I almost stumbled in surprise. At home, Taemin usually had to wait for my instructions so he could cook. In fact, even though Minhee thinks I at cooking, she hasn’t even seen Taemin yet. And boy, that dude can’t taste the difference between alcohol.

 

Stripper?” Kevin repeated the word awkwardly, as if he’s never heard of it. “What’s that word?” He asked in confusion. Whoops, shouldn’t have said that. How does he not know this? Is he really that innocent and perfect? Oh wait...he’s from the States. Pretty sure they don’t teach that in Korean 101.


“Something bad,” I mumbled. “Don’t repeat it.”


“Eh? Um, ok,” Kevin shrugs.


We follow the delicious aroma to the kitchen and find Minhee and Taemin hustling around the room and searching for utensils.


“OPPA?!” Minhee squealed, forgetting about the spoon in her hand.


“Annyeong!” Kevin manages to get out before Minhee jumped on him and crushed him in a hug. Wow, aren’t they an endearing couple. I glance over at Taemin, who’s awkwardly fidgeting around with his knife. Oh dear.


While Minhee and Kevin were catching up, I cautiously walked up to Taemin, making sure to stay a safe distance away.

 

“Yah, Taemin,” I tried to whisper in a way that wouldn’t surprise him. I didn’t want that knife of his to magically jump out of him and impale me.

 

“What?” Taemin snapped, breaking his gaze away from Minhee and Kevin.


“I know you’re sad and all, but could you please put that knife down, or give it to me before you end up stabbing someone?”


“I’m not sad!” Taemin reddened, but he handed me the knife anyways.


“What were you doing with the knife anyways?” I snorted.


“I was cooking genius.”


“I don’t need you to tell me I’m a genius,” I smirked, placing the knife in the sink.


“Whatever,” he rolled his eyes.


“Hey! Why don’t you guys join the conversation? It’s getting lonely with just Minhee and I,” Kevin called out to us.


“Is Minhee not enough for you?!” Taemin grumbled softly.


“Dude, calm down,” I shot him a weird look. “You’re turning green.”


“JINJA?!” Taemin yelped as he placed his hands on his face.


“Pabo,” I rolled my eyes. “Kevin’s not mean. It’s just you and your imagination.”


“I forgot to introduce you guys to each other,” Minhee chirped as we joined Minhee and Kevin. “But I guess Eunhae already knows Kevin. Kevin, this is Lee Taemin. Taemin, this is Kevin Woo.”


“Hey. It’s nice to meet you,” Kevin shot a friendly smile and extended a hand.


“The pleasure is all mine,” Taemin faked a smile and pumped Kevin’s outstretched arm up and down. I could almost hear the NOT added onto Taemin’s answer.


“Can you go bring the cake I left in the oven out here? Make sure not to burn yourself,” Minhee asked Taemin.


“Arraso,” Taemin nodded reluctantly, and left.

 

“So what were you doing in America?” I asked, covering for Taemin.


“Business,” Kevin shrugged. “Nothing important, but I’ve heard of you in America!”


He better. I’ve worked my beautiful off, so the whole world should’ve heard of me by now. I wonder where he’s heard of me though...

 

“That’s cool,” I answered. “What did you hear about me?”


“Well, my one of my friends who lives here recommended me to watch a music video, and I saw you! I couldn’t really tell if it was you or not when I first met you, because you didn’t have nearly as much makeup on as you did in the music video,” Kevin explained.


I lifted an eyebrow. He couldn’t recognize me? Does that mean I’m uglier without makeup or something?


Kevin seemed to notice his mess up and spluttered, “But you’re still pretty.”


Good.


“Oppa!!! Don’t you think I’m pretty!?” Minhee whined as she wrapped her arms around Kevin’s waist. That’s some insane skinship right there.


“No way!! I still don’t understand how we’re related when I’m like this and you’re...” Kevin snapped, and then a grin spread across his face. “Just kidding. You’re beautiful too, prettier than me.”


Minhee giggled and patted his head. “Good oppa.”


Wait what? “Related?” I asked.


“We’re cousins!” Minhee smiled. “That’s why Umma makes sure we always have a room for him in the house.”


“Oh yeah, by the way. Can you ask Aunt to call the hotel and ask for my luggage?” He suddenly switched to english and started gesturing wildly.


Minhee replied in perfect english and the two were acting like total americans or something. My english is good...just not that good


So they’re cousins. Oh my. I’m going to have a great time making fun of that stripper...


.... Wait... Kevin’s single... RIGHT?!


So yeah, sorry we kind of left this for a while...but we had a bunch of insane tests and projects...that aren’t over...but yeah, hope you guys like this! And no one guess Kevin...no one’s been commenting TT TT. You guys know you get karma points, right? Does our story that much?

anyways... -chocolate-notes

Hey guys!!! ... So... thanks for commenting ^.^.... cough cough.. -candym0nster