A Box of Chocolates

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

 

Eunhae’s POV

“Hurry up, Taemin!” I said, fidgeting around with my glasses. Darn it, the stupid director didn’t even provide any contact solution or anything, so I had to just use water. After a few days had gone by, my contacts got all disgusting, and I finally decided to ditch them for the nerd glasses.

I hate these darn things.

 

It was a saturday, so we didn’t have school. Director Choi had already given us our scripts a few days before, and we had already memorized our lines. I didn’t really have much to do after that, because after homework, all I could do was read the boring books in my room, study, or memorize the lines. I chose the last choice. He also told us to go to the SM Studios today, so we could start filming the school scenes and familiarize ourselves with the environment.


“Don’t take it out on me, gorrilla,” Taemin snorted as he pulled on a shirt as he exited the bathroom. “We have to be at the recording studio by 8:00, not 7:30.”

“The first step to even think about being professional is to be punctual, stripper,” I pointed to a part of his shirt that he had forgotten pull down and ended up exposing his smooth belly. “And to get some abs”

“Whatever,” Taemin rolled his eyes. “Jaejoong-hyung texted me that he would pick me up.

 

 

“Oh, good. I wasn’t looking forward to riding the metro,” I shivered.

“Um, who said anything about you?” Taemin smirked as he grabbed a bottle of banana milk.

“Excuse me?!” I glared at him.

“Just saying,” Taemin shrugged. “Let’s go, slowpoke.” I swear, one day, I’m going to poison him and then shove his body down into the sewers.  

Annoyed, I stomped outside. Okay, today was generally just a bad morning. First of all, I had basically no outfits in my closet, so I decided to go with the best I could. The ripped up jeans and the sweatshirt. I made sure to pull up the hoodie and cover my face with a mask. At least the heels didn’t look too bad with the outfit. Since it was me, the outfit didn’t look all that bad. I mean, I could pull off anything... even a pink tutu.
 

Taemin pointed out where Jaejoong’s car was waiting, and we got into the car.
 

“Good morning Taemin and the rude girl,” Jaejoong greeted.
 

“Good morning,” Taemin chirped.
 

“I’m not rude,” I snapped as I climbed in after Taemin.
 

“Then who are you?” Jaejoong shot back.
 

“THE Cho Eunhae,” Taemin snorted. I rolled my eyes, pushed up my glasses, and tried to hold my chin up.
 

“I can’t believe you’re Cho Eunhae. You act nothing like you do in the interviews you’re in,” Jaejoong shook his head. “And not nearly as pretty.”
 

“That’s because you can’t even see my face, and I don’t have any make-up on! Any girl who had to sleep on the floor would obviously be very pissed off in the morning,” I muttered, folding my arms.
 

“So she says,” Jaejoong lifted an eyebrow.
 

None of said another word as Jaejoong kept on driving. I was pissed and was thinking about how stupid the other people in the car were, Taemin had this stupid smile plastered on his face that was totally fake, and Jaejoong kept on making clucking noises with his mouth.

Boys.

After about twenty minutes, we finally made it to SM Studios. As one would expect, the place was enormous! I’d say it qualified for someone like me to be acting in.

“Okay, kiddos. This is where I’m going to leave you guys,” Jaejoong dropped us off.

“Thanks for dropping us off,” Taemin bowed, then elbowed me.

“What?” I hissed.

“Say thanks!”

“Wae?” I complained. “He insulted me!” The dude doesn’t even deserve a penny!

“Then next time, you’re walking to school,” Taemin huffed. What?! Did he just threaten me?!

“Thaaaaaank you,” I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t say thanks unless you mean it,” Jaejoong snorted, then he drove off.

Now it was just the two of us and a huge building.

“Aren’t you going to go in?” Taemin held open the door.

“Aren’t you being strangely polite today?” I muttered, walking in. Taemin shrugged.

 

In the lobby, a few people waited in seats, all of them beautiful, but not as beautiful as me. They were all holding scripts and mumbling lines under their breath so that the air hummed with a garble or soft words.

“Excuse me?” I worked a smile on my face when I approached the front desk. “I’m Cho Eunhae. I believe that I was directed here for the filming schedule?”

“Eh?” the secretary looked up. “Are you sure you’re Cho Eunhae? Why are you covering your face like that?”

“Yeah, she’s Eunhae. She’s different in real life, I’m sorry to say,” Taemin grinned, “I’m Lee Taemin, her costar.”

“You’re THE Lee Taemin?! Omo omo omo omo!!! Can I have your autograph?!” the ahjumma secretary squealed.

“Sure,” Taemin winked, picking up one of her pens and signing a napkin for her. How come she never asked me?! I’M WAY MORE FAMOUS!!!

“You’re room is 502,” the secretary received her napkin, already taking pictures of Taemin with her phone.

“Isn’t the paparazzi just annoying?” Taemin smirked as we waited in the elevator.

“Yah, that’s not paparazzi. I’ve seen paparazzi, and trust me, they’re not just annoying, they’re nosy and life threatening,” I snapped, extremely irritated at Taemin’s demeanor. “But they’re also what keeps your fans informed.”

Taemin snorted. “As if there’s something they don’t know about me."

Ding!

The elevator came to a stop, and the doors slid open. It took us no time to find our room.

“Ah! There are the stars of our drama!” Director Choi grinned as he walked up to us. “Eunhae, Taemin, meet our crew.”

The surrounding adults gathered around us and introduced themselves. One woman introduced herself as Mrs. Young. She was our costume manager.

“Omo, I’ve heard a lot about you, Eunhae-shii!” she grinned. Finally, a fan that looks at me! “And also you, too, Taemin-shii! You two go to my daughter’s school!”

Um...what? Since when? All I could do was stare at the woman. Since she was on set, maybe Director Choi told her about my past... so maybe the reason everyone found out I was a former nerd was because of her daughter!

Hehe, my great detective skills.

“What’s her name?” Taemin

“Young Minhee,” the woman glowed, “She’s here on the set today! Aish! I don’t know where that girl went... She would’ve been so excited to see you two here!”

I knew it! It was Minhee all along! She belonged in the same category as Taemin. Angel on the outside, and some sniving devil on the inside. No wonder those two get along so well.

“Really?” I tried to fake a chuckle, which wasn’t working. “It’s great to meet you.”

Mrs. Kim wouldn’t stop blabbering though, “Minhee looks up to you SOOO much, Eunhae-shii! She talks about you so much! That girl,” Mrs. Kim shook her head, “she could’ve used her allowance money on buying some cute clothes for herself, but instead, she buys the dramas you’re in. I hope you’re as good as a role model as she says you are.”

Then she turned around to mouth off at Taemin, too, but I wasn’t listening.

Minhee looked up to me? So it wasn’t that she was poor or anything, but because she just wanted to support me? Wait, of course she did! I’m THE Cho Eunhae afterall! Psh...

I recalled the time I had poured her drink over her skirt, and felt a twinge of guilt. That was for her own good! That was the only way she could get rid of that ugly skirt of her’s!

Aish...Why do I feel so bad, then?


Taemin’s POV

“And I hear you’re teaching her how to dance as well! I’m so grateful. She’s had a hard time fitting in at her schools. Minhee always moves around to fit my schedules, but now she has two friends!” Mrs. Kim clapped her hands excitedly.

I felt the corners of my mouth twitch upwards. This lady was just as enthusiastic as her daughter, probably a little more gregarious, but they both had the same sparkling eyes and the habit of tapping their fingers to whatever beat was in their head.

“Ah it’s nothing. She’s a nice girl to be around.” I looked at the rack of clothes. A bunch of nice dress shirts that even Goo Joonpyo didn’t have the privilege of wearing. “Are these all mine?”

She beamed proudly. “Ne! I think you never wear the same shirt twice during the whole run of the drama.” Then she toned her voice down a bit and whispered to me, “Don’t tell Eun-hae, but she only has one costume...and she has to wear it the entire time, including at your school.”

My mouth fell a little at that...Gorilla was not going to be happy about this. I glanced over at her, and SHE WASN’T EVEN PAYING ATTENTION! She was spacing out, staring at her feet. Fine, serves her right for rushing me and my banana milk and also being rude to hyung! “I see...”

Director Choi pushed me towards the right side of the building and ushered Eunhae to the left. “Now we built the sets so that the school is in the middle, and your homes are on the opposite sides of the building. Be very polite to the staff as MBC cancelled all of their other shows like What is Mom in order to film this.”

Eunhae stomped her feet and whirled towards the director at this. “THEY’RE CANCELLING MYUNGSOO OPPA’S SHOW FOR THIS STUPID THING! PEOPLE WANT TO WATCH THIS BANANA IDIOT INSTEAD OF OPPPPPPPPAAAAAA?!?”
I grabbed my left ear and hurried away from the scene. That girl seriously had problems. Did she even know the guy to have the right to call him myungsoo oppa? Isn’t his name like J or L or something? Eh, she was in a bunch of cf ads or whatever. They were probably together at one point.

L’s handsome face was gracing a poster on the wall and I patted his head apologetically. “I’m sorry that you have her as a fan...But it’s your own fault for being so good looking!”

----------

I bowed to several staff as I walked by and they seemed surprised.

“Omo isn’t that the Taemin guy?”

“Yeah I heard he was real badboy.”

“But he seems pretty nice!”

I cringed at the whispers. Maybe having two personalities wasn’t such a great idea...Hey, at least I’m not bipolar like some people *cough cough*

I opened the first door that had a Not A Typical High School Romance sign an--

“AHHHHHHHHH!” I tried to scream as I felt myself falling, but it turned into a “AHW$GSDGDUHKJDGSFIHKJGRNADFSQWWERTR”

The reason? SM Studios has a swimming pool...That really doesn’t make sense. I gasped for air and scrambled out of the 10 feet deep water filled hole. Why was the door right above the deep end?f

As I wrung out my shirt (sorry Key hyung!), I glanced around. It was a long pool, bigger than most olympic ones that included a water fountain in the middle, had an area with exotic fish swimming around, water slides, diving boards, and a nice patio with plenty of lounge chairs.

My eyes bugged out and I walked past a couple chairs. There was a door that was open, leading to a bigger mansion. I walked forwards and knocked into something harder than a brick wall.

I, very ungracefully I’ll admit, fell on my and grabbed my nose. Owwwww that really hurts! There was a slight bruise according to the water’s reflection and the makeup artists are probably going to kill me for it.

Sitting down on the floor, I realized that there was actually only a couple chairs and stuff. Everything else was behind an animated screen that stretched all the way up towards the ceiling.

 

 

 

“Aish jinja. These people are crazy.” I tousled my hair with a nearby towel. After it was almost dry, I got out of that room as fast as possible. There was no way I was going to stay in here for more surprises.
 

The room next door was the kitchen and I grabbed a handful of cookies. I was hungry okay! It was the standard modern kitchen you see in all mansions.
 

I got to the third room, which was my bedroom. It was huge and it expanded until I couldn’t see the other wall. But then I remembered the whole thing that happened with the pool. No I was not going to run all the way over and invade the mini refrigerator full of banana milk if it meant breaking my face this time.
 

Taking a cookie, I threw it across the room and pouted when it fell down right after passing the bed and the desk. So this ‘huge and impressive room’ is only about 10 ft by 10 ft. This was so depressing. I shed my clothes, and grabbed a folded pair of pajamas on the desk.
 

I jumped onto the bed- at least that was real- and fell asleep.

Eunhae’s POV

Wae?! Sure, this show is awesome, but why did they have to cancel oppa’s show?!

Wait. Where’s Taemin going?!

“Yah! Str-” I called out, but then stopped. Something had caught my eye.... or should I say, someone.

I turned my head around slowly, not wanting to believe it. Minhee? What was she doing here? Oh wait, her mom’s here, duh.

She wasn’t dressed in her school clothes, but in jeans and a sweatshirt, just like me. Her glasses were askew on her face, and her hair in a mess. She seemed tired, and was panting like she ran a marathon. She was turning around hastily, as if looking for something, and in her hands were a box of chocolates.

Being the good person I was, I decided to walk up and see what she was up to. “Hey Minhee, what are you doing here?”

She spun around, her eyes searching for me, and finally they landed on me. She seemed surprised by my appearance.

“E-Eunhae-shii!” she bowed, “Have you seen Taemin?” Wow, isn’t she direct.

“Yeah, he went somewhere that way,” I pointed in the general direction I had last seen him going.

“Oh,” she tilted her head, confused, “Well, can you give these boxes of chocolates to him?”

“Wae? Are you his fangirl or something now?” I smirked, taking the box. It’s not as if I planned to give the box to him anyways.


“Well, ne, but this isn’t because of that,” she shook her head profusely. “It’s because he taught me how to tut.” Yeah yeah, deny it all you want. I’m a girl too, and I can see through your little disguise.

“Mhmm,” I lifted an eyebrow in disbelief. “And I guess you didn’t think to apologize about spreading those rumors about me?”

“What rumors?” she blinked innocently. OH NONONONO!!! Don’t you DARE pull on that innocent look! It was obviously you.

“You know, those rumors about me being a nerd?! Well guess what? It turns out your mom’s on set, and she probably told you, and so you told everyone else!” I accused, trying to not raise my voice.

 

“What? Those rumors were true?! I swear! I never said a word! Omma didn’t tell me anything!” she promised. “Cross my heart I wish to die.”

 

“Yeah right,” I snorted, rolling my eyes.

 

“Jinja!” Minhee pleaded. Then she sighed, “Arraso, I know I can’t tell you anything that’ll make you believe me. So even though I don’t know who did it, I’ll apologize for them.” She bowed again. Then she walked away to who knows where.

 

A familiar twinge of guilt rang in my chest. What did I just do? No! I was right! You can’t blame me for being suspicious.

 

Staring at the box of chocolates she had given me, my body started moving on its own, and I started walking to where I saw Taemin go.


I was about to enter a room (the door was open and I could see an empty pool inside), when I heard a soft snore come from the room next door. Peeking inside, I saw Taemin snoozing peacefully like an angel.

“Yah, say thanks to Minhee, stripper,” I mumbled, laying the box gently next to his head.




Hey guys! Thanks for reading! So... either most of you guys are silent readers... or you aren’t reading at all... sigh... TT.TT anyways, so we changed the fic’s name back to the original name cuz...um... we realized this WAS a typical highschool romance...TT.TT and those updates you’ve been getting that seem to make no sense? that’s because we were changing some stuff in previous chapter...cough cough Minhee cough cough. Basically what happened was us authors were stupid and forgot Minhee’s name in chapter one... It was supposed to be Min-ah, but we accidentally changed it, so I went back and corrected it ^.^ sorry if that confused you. Oh yeah, so there was a ton of Eunhae this time cuz last time, there was a lot of Taemin...and choco-notes didn’t want to write that much since she wanted to do other stuff...cough cough, study... so consider it an extra dose of brattiness ^.^Thanks for reading~ AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!! -candym0nster

P.S.. if you guys get another update signal from us before next next Friday...it's probably because choco-notes is writing her A/N

Sigh...why, why would you update!!! Guys I'm so sorry, I was writing Taemin's part while I was trying to figure out the properties of isosceles triangles and trying to figure out the meaning of a poem...so I will fix it! Please don't abandon because of me!!!

Ok so yeah, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and see you soon! If school doesn't kill us off with schoolwork... :)

- chocolate-notes :)