Badminton and Paint

Lights, Camera, (K)drama

Taemin’s POV

It’s just another typical day, you know the whole waking up to see my hand taped onto the kitchen wall and the sounds of the shower barely covering the screeching in the shower...For such a good actress, she has a terrible voice. It’s worse than...well just about everything.

I sighed, awkwardly trying to stretch and frowning. Did she leave me here for the last couple of hours? Without my pillow, blankets, or teddy bear??? Hm, maybe it was better that she didn’t find Kkamjjong... My stomach protested at the lack of food and I looked around to see a banana milk sitting at the other end of the table. Assa!!! I stretched out my hand and muttered a carefully chosen curse word (I’ve been doing research on what bad boys are supposed to do lately)

My fingers were a feet or so away from the precious bottle. Ah, feet! I swung my legs up onto the table and they reached the precious bottle. Unfortunately, I’ve been growing more than I expected so it kind of skidded off of the table...

I let my head fall back and groaned. Why would she do this to me?!? And I’m going to be late to school if she doesn’t come out in the next second. Oh wait, bad boys come to school late. Problem solved.

Of course Eun-hae chose that exact moment to come out of the bathroom...all dressed in her uniform, carrying all of her stuff and dragging my monogrammed towel on the floor. She covered her face with it when she saw me. WAIT WHAT?!?

“YAH! THAT’S MY TOWEL!” I screamed at her and ripped my hand away from the wall now that she was out of the shower room.

The alarm sounded and I cringed. Slamming my arm back onto the wall, I glared at her. “Back away from the towel now.”

She peeked out from behind MY fluffy white towel and huffed. “Well fine. At least I’m not the stripper who was lying on top of the table in a really awkward position...” She muttered as she dropped it on the floor.

“Well who’s the ert that dragged someone in their sleep and taped their hand to the wall?” I snatched the banana milk up from the floor and slammed the door behind me. I’m not usually like this, but you try living for 10 minutes without banana milk...It’s very hard.


 




“Annyeong Minhee! Thanks for those chocolates, they were really good.” I grinned at her on the way to gym class. I grabbed her bag for her and almost dropped it. It was so much heavier than mine!

She giggled and took it back from me. “You’re welcome Taemin. And don’t carry this, you’re going to break your back.”

“Well yeah, but how are your shoulders not lopsided from carrying that thing around? You have like 50 books in there!”

“Actually, it’s pretty light today. Only about five textbooks, 14 workbooks, my laptop, a couple snacks, and my gym clothes.”

Oh yeah, she was smart.

She turned into the girls locker room. “See you Taemin-a!”

I nodded and walked into the boys locker room, pointedly ignoring the other kingkas like they ignored me.


 




“Okay everyone, pair up to play some badminton! And remember, you have to hit this white and red thing with the racket, not each other’s faces.”

I grinned, it was a good thing Key hyung wasn’t playing. It’s like the one thing he at.

“Hyorin-a!” I heard a familiar shrill tone call across the room. Eun-hae was waving her arms more than an angry gorilla without his banana milk (who I can completely empathize with...) But her friend just turned away and locked arms with a surprised Minhee instead. A couple other girls twittered and laughed at Eun-hae, who looked pretty sad to be honest.

I sighed. The only person left were a couple guys who I would rather not get to know. So I walked over to her, only to get nudged aside as someone else hurried to be her partner.

Grinning, I turned around to look at the new pair and nodded. That is until a “Taemin oppaaaaaaaaaa! Be my partner?”

I gripped my racket so hard that the handle almost snapped and clenched my teeth in what hopefully looked like a smile. “Sure Hyorin-ssi...”


 




Eunhae’s POV

I didn’t expect a day like this would come again. But then again, those stupid rumors must’ve launched all of this chaos into my life. I watched as Hyorin widened her eyes in disgust at me, and then turned around, latching onto the girl behind her.

Minhee.

I should’ve known. That girl’s real goal was hidden under that sugar sweet coating of hers. She even went as far as to take my best friend away!! I looked around at the other people in the room, wondering if there was anyone who was brilliant enough to pair up with me. Instead, I saw a room full of hostile glares, and instinctively I remembered those days of being the class nerd. The one who was bullied and shunned.

PULL IT TOGETHER EUNHAE!!!!

Even with the pep talk still going on in my head, I felt like shrinking back into a dark corner of the room, away from those mocking stares. I don’t care if I’m alone. I, the great Cho Eunhae, don’t need anyone to help me!!!

I swallowed down the lump in my throat and tried to hold my head up high, when someone tapped my on the shoulder.

“Annyeong, do you want to be partners?” Minhee smiled hesitantly.

I stared at her in surprise. What just happened here?! The lump in my throat melted away, and I felt a smile of gratitude tug on my face.

Wait... Did I just say gratitude?! I don’t need to be thankful to anyone!! GRRJKL:SLKJDF:LKSDJL:!!!!!

“Sure,” I shrugged, trying to keep my face steady.

“Are you alright?” Minhee asked as we strolled over to the equipment area.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I muttered.

“Well- oh, it’s nothing. I just thought that- no. Nevermind,” Minhee shook her head cutely. Then we grabbed our rackets and our birdie and headed over to a spot in the gym to practice.

“Do you want to start?” Minhee offered.

“I don’t care,” I answered, questioning the reasons behind her actions.

“Arraso, I’ll start,” Minhee threw the birdie up in the air and swung her racket. It would’ve been a beautiful slam, except first of all, you don’t serve with a slam. Second of all, you have to hit the birdie first.

“S-sorry!” Minhee spluttered, throwing the birdie in the air again.

“Save it,” I smirked. “Toss the birdie over here.”

Minhee looked at me, confused, and gave me the birdie. I stared at the birdie, and took a deep breath. Time to start the lecture.


 




“WAH! I didn’t know you were such a good badminton player!” Minhee squealed as we entered the locker rooms.

“I’m not that good. You just need to work on your skills... a lot,” I snorted, making my way to my locker. As I crossed the room, I saw Hyorin. She was happily chatting with a classmate, and the words were so loud that I could hear them.

“And Taemin was like, astonished! He asked me what kind of shampoo I used! Maybe it’s because my hair’s really soft or something!” she giggled. “A few days ago, I was in the dance room with him! He’s so good at dancing!! He was going to take off his shirt because he wanted to impress me!! I can’t believe Taemin talks to a loser like Eunhae.”

 

 

PSH!!! LOSER?!?!?!?! WHO’S THE ONE THAT’S KNOWN ALL OVER KOREA BECAUSE OF HER BEAUTY AND ACTING SKILLS. OH RIGHT, THAT’S ME!!!

 

“Don’t listen to her, Eunhae,” Minhee glared at Hyorin’s back. “I was there too, and it’s definitely not like what she said.”

 

“I know,” I grinded my teeth. I can’t believe Hyorin was actually like this. Then I blinked, feeling something was out of the norm. “Wait, this is the first time you didn’t say Eunhae-shii.”

 

“Omo! Mianhe, Eunhae-shii!! I forgot to-”

 

“It’s okay,” I waved her off, and I couldn’t stop a smile. “You’re funny. Why are you so polite?? It’s not like I’m an ahjumma or something.”

 

“But you’re so talented and hard-working and-”

 

“Okay, stop right there,” I interrupted her. “I know I’m perfect, but that’s no reason to treat me like some ahjumma. Just call me Eunhae or unnie. I’m alright with that.”

 

“Thank you unnie!!” Minhee bowed, and then reached down into her locker and pulled out her ragged uniform.

 

“Why don’t you buy another uniform? And regular clothes too, once I think about it! How can you wear those kind of ugly outfits? ’m definitely bringing you to the mall one day,” I scoffed, then lowered my voice so she couldn’t hear me. “Once I get out that old man’s stupid budget system."


 

 

Taemin’s POV

 

Oh my dear sweet dorito, if Eunhae was as bad as a demon, Hyorin was the entire underworld. I didn’t even get to play badminton (which by the way, I am completely awesome at). That stupid girl just kept groping at me and talking about shampoo and hair. All I noticed was that her hair smelled like the really burnt part of meat- the smell of daily flat-ironed hair. Who would do that to their head? Hair is attached to your skull, which surrounds your brain...No wonder. If Key hyung was here...

 

“Hey Taemin, so we saw that you were having fun with Hyorin, she’s really hot.”

 

I raised an eyebrow at a handsome guy named Thunder, who looked a little mad...maybe jealous?

 

“You can have her.” I muttered and slammed my locker shut.

 

“Really!?!” he actually seemed happy about that. There was this smile on his face that looked really familiar. He kind of looked like Sandara Park who worked with Key at his internship.

 

Flipping my hair (in a cooler way than Justin Beiber’s), I swung my bag around and strode out of the disgusting locker room.

 

“What is his problem?” someone muttered and I grinned. Maybe I was a good actor after all.


 

 

“That was really nice of you, sticking me with Hyorin.” Sliding onto my art stool, I took out my sketchpad.

 

Minhee frowned for a split second before her eyes widened. “Omo, Taemin-ssi, I’m so sorry! Eunhae unnie looked lonely so...I didn’t know that she would come to you!”

 

“Minhee, calm down. Breathe. Nothing too bad happened. And since when have you called that girl unnie?”

 

“Since she told me to.”

 

I smiled. “Then hurry up and call me oppa.”

 

She pinked a little and nodded. “Arraso oppa.”

 

 


 

 

“Okay class, today’s assignment is...I don’t know, do whatever you want. There’s a bunch of supplies in the back so just pick out whatever you want.”

 

I frowned. This was how things were run here? Insane math and free periods in art class?

 

“Oh and if you don’t have any art worthy of being in The Louvre within the next hour, you fail the class.”

 

Well that escalated quickly. I grabbed a pencil and started outlining a tower of water bottles set up at my desk. If only they were banana milk...

 

A couple minutes into my work, I heard something similar to a bullet whistling and instinctively ducked. My tower of bottles fell down, which meant my drawing was useless now. Aish.

 

I dusted off my hands and straightened up to receive a faceful of green paint. Wiping my eyes with my sleeve, I squinted to see an angry (dyed) blond with an empty tin of paint.

 

“What’s your problem?” I yelled at the guy taller than Minho hyung. “At least pick a nice color like blue or white, but green?”

 

He raised an eyebrow. “Well why would you throw an eraser at my head , babo. I guess it’s true your brothers raised you, barbari--” He yelped as I squirted a bottle of acrylic paint into his blond hair.

 

“What eraser, you dumb blonde?” I snapped. “And how does an eraser hurt?”

 

“Yah, Zelo, are you okay?” another guy (hair also dyed blond, is there a reason for it?) with an extremely low voice stuck his head in the classroom and glared at me. “Yah transfer student, I don’t care how much of a bigshot you are with your brothers or whatever, but if you hurt my dongsaeng...”

 

Ok, I’ve had enough of this. Seriously, am I only famous because of my hyungs? No one’s heard about my dance skills?

 

“Yongguk hyung, who are you talking to?” I looked at the speaker and frowned. Seriously, how many blond guys are in this school? “Oh it’s Taemin hyung! I used to dance with you at the studio, remember?”

 

Blinking, I glanced at his name tag. “Oh, hi Jongup-a. I didn’t know you went to school here.”

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes and pulled Jongup back. “Yah, he threw stuff at Maknae.”

 

“Jinja? But Taemin hyung is so ni--” I squirted both of them with some orange paint. It’s not like I hate Jongup or anything, if I could remember him, but still trying to keep my bad boy image here. Imagine if the school learned about my banana milk addiction. Then they’re going to think I’m going to be a baby forever...

 

I cringed when Zelo dumped a packet of pink in my hair. Oh umma’s not going to be happy with this...Maybe since it’s pink, he’ll be okay with it?

 

“Okay boys, this has gone long enough. Hurry up and clean up.”

 

A camera flash went off. Are you serious, did the paparazzi find me again? No it was just Eunhae holding a camera. Wait what?

 

“Eunhae-ssi. Have you finished your assignment yet? Zelo and Taemin are allowed to play around since they’re both insanely hot...I mean they both finished their work. What about you?”

 

I grinned as I grabbed a paper towel. Does this mean she fails? Does this mean she’s getting pulled out of the drama? Is the drama getting cancelled?

 

Then I heard the erted teacher’s words. “You’re turning in the picture? How is this, oh I see I’m in the shot as well. Do you want to explain the meaning behind this?”

 

Eunhae was wearing the familiar face of ‘I’m absolutely perfect and I have never done anything wrong in my life’ look. “Well yes, you see the boys are in school uniforms and fighting. But the different colors show how different everyone is on the inside. They share a few colors and feelings, but the uniforms are just a cover for the differences. The other kids watching them are the world. They don’t really understand what’s going on, but they’re taking sides and judging them based on their appearances. And you are there as society whose solution is to avoid conflict by trying to keep different groups apart when they need to confront each other and work things out instead of keeping their perspectives of the other in a negative light forever.”

 

I froze. Wait, was she actually smart and good at analyzing? What?

 

“Very good Eun-hae!” our teacher clapped like a drunk seal. “I need to send this in to the nearest newspaper along with your description!”

 

Okay, this school is officially weird. I’m going to go to the bathroom and clean up before anyone throws charcoal or clay at me next.



Eunhae’s POV

Darn it!!! Where’s he going?! I made a move to walk after him, but the teacher stopped me.

“Eunhae, even if you’re finished, you still have time to work on another piece,” the teacher scolded me.

“B-But-”

Seongsaengnim shock me a hard look.

“Arraso,” I sighed, going back to my seat. Stupid stripper, I’ll catch you after school.


 




“Come on Minhee!” I dragged Minhee through the hallway.

 

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To find the stripp- I mean, Taemin!” I grunted, rushing to where his locker was.

 

“Wae?” she wondered.

 

“Because we’re going to the mall, silly!” I scoffed, finally locating the runaway. ‘YAH!! TAEMIN-AH!!!”

 

Taemin spun around, his eyes scanning over the crowd. When they landed on me, they narrowed into a glare.

 

“Well look who it is. What do you want gorilla?” Taemin sighed, slamming his locker close.

 

“Wah... Is he always like this?” Minhee whispered to me.

 

“Yup,” I muttered. “I don’t know why you think he’s so nice, because he’s not.”

 

“Oh, hey Minhee!” Taemin’s eyes widened in surprise and a gentle expression overtook the one full of malice for me. Wow, I’m that bad, huh? Whatever, I don’t care what the stripper thinks anyways.

 

“Your locker is going to die if you keep on slamming it shut, you know,” I said.

 

“What are you doing here?” Taemin asked Minhee, ignoring me. What’s his problem?? It can’t be he has a grudge because of that eraser I threw. Really?! That’s so immature. Plus, I think I aimed really well! It cut through the air like an arrow. Hm... maybe I’ll impale the stripper with erasers one day when he really pisses me off.

 

“Eunhae-unnie brought me here,” Minhee shrugged.

 

“Yup, we’re going to the mall, and you’re bringing us,” I grinned.

 

“W-Wait?! I’m not bringing you to the mall to go shopping!! And remember that rule about how everytime you touch something that’s mine, you lose money? Well,” Taemin snorted, “I’m guessing your allowance should be in the negatives by now, if it could go in the negatives.”

 

“Who said anything about me paying?” I smirked.

 

“M-Mwoh!?” Taemin’s eyes popped out.

 

 


 

 

“It’s okay! Jinja!! You don’t need to buy this for me!” Minhee gasped as she tried to tug the pair of jeans away from me.

 

“Girl, shut up. Those jeans you were wearing on the set were really bad. They had holes and were falling apart. If you don’t want your jeans to fall off that of yours, then let me buy this for you. Plus you have the advantage of having my fashion advice, and you’re not even paying for it. Your hubby will,” I shoved the jeans into Taemin’s arms.

 

“Hubby?!” Minhee squeaked.

 

“Anyways, I need to buy some clothes too,” I muttered.

 

“Yah, I’m not paying for you. I’m just paying for Minhee,” Taemin growled.

 

“Shut up. I won’t buy that much! Just something to keep me warm at night and maybe a nice shirt, a pair of cute jeans, and a dress,” I waved him off, searching for more clothes that I thought fit Minhee’s image.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” Minhee bowed slightly.

 

“Yah, stop bowing,” I snapped, then shoved a few shirts into her arms. “Here, try these on.”

 

“Arraso,” Minhee walked off into a changing room.

 

“So,” I turned to Taemin, who had retrieved a shopping cart and placed the clothes in the cart. “You and Minhee, huh?”

 

“What are you talking about? She’s just really nice, unlike you, gorrilla,” Taemin spat.

 

“Y-yeah,” I muttered, looking through all the clothes that I had chosen for Minhee. “With these on, she’ll be really pretty! Would you want her to be taken by some other guy?”

 

“I don’t care. She’s just a friend,” Taemin stared at me weirdly.

 

“Whatever you say,” I shrugged. Then I heard a loud ringtone echoing from Minhee’s dressing stall.

 

“Maybe that’s her yeobo,” I winked, and snuck off to get closer to the stall. Taemin followed me.

 

“You know eavesdropping is really sad, right?” Taemin snorted.

 

“You should be thanking me,” I scolded him. “I’m making sure you stay her hubby.”

 

Taemin just rolled his eyes.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Minhee asked softly. “Omo! Oppa!!... EH?! ... JINJA?! .... YAY!!! I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!! YEP THE ADDRESS IS--”

 

“Well that escalated quickly,” I commented. “Looks like your hubby spot is in danger, stripper.”

 

“Shut up, gorrilla.”


 

 

No one’s POV

 

A tall boy caught the flight attendant’s attention. He was wearing sunglasses, brand-name clothing from the States (particularly from San Francisco), and tufts of brown hair peeked out from underneath his cap.

 

The only thing that wasn’t covered was his clearly attractive face and a minusucle wrist poking out from underneath his sleeve.

 

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t hear the pilot. When are we arriving?” He spoke in flawless english and she cringed. It was her first flight and she wasn’t all that great at english yet.

 

He gave a child-like and innocent giggle before repeating the question in a very slightly accented korean.

 

“We’re landing in about 1 hour.”

 

“Gamsahmida.”


 

 

Dragging his bag out into the terminal, he quickly made a phone call. “Annyeong Minhee-ya. Yup, oppa arrived safely! Remind me what your address is again? Got it! See you in a bit!”

 

He grinned and hurried into a hallway as a couple girls peered at him carefully.

 

“Omo, did you see that guy? He looks just like the one in that big Peter Pan movie last summer. What was it called again?”

 

Her friend tsked and shook her head. “Nope I heard he’s still in the States working on his next movie. Plus he has a Victoria’s Secret model girlfriend so he’s taken.”

 

“Well I’m never getting married then.”

 

The tall actor giggled as he heard the conversation. *Am I that famous in Korea? Really?* He looked and saw a tall poster of Eun-hae promoting a sports brand on the opposite wall.

 

“Hm, so this is my co-star? Interesting.” He shrugged and hurried off to find manager hyung.


 

 

Hey guys!! Sorry we were so late... okay, let’s be honest, a couple of so months... but anyways, I want to thank suju4life for asking us to post again!! Cuz choco-notes was getting really lazy, and wouldn’t get her up and moving so we could finish this chapter.. and plus we had a buttload of tests and now I’m breaking out and giving up breaks just cuz i wanna study... it’s a sad world TT.TT ... THANKS FOR READING!! -candym0nster

Well excuse you, I had just as many things on my plate as you did...anyways yeah...So at least we made up for it (maybe) Kyah so many comebacks BAP, NU’EST, and SHINEEEEEEE OMG TAEMAN SERIOUSLY.

oh yeah!!! the comeback!!! ZELO’S DANCE WAS AWESOME!!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND SO SO SO SO...
*sniff sniff*  

 

Yah, it’s my author note... :P anyways yeah but I think Infinite was slightly better...but

hehe ^.^, I can’t deny my love for Zelo... WHAT?! INFINITE HAD A NEW SONG COME OUT?? SINCE WHEN?! O.O

Their ‘scorpion dance’ genius...

oh..sure, but Zelo’s still beautiful... and Ren... Ren was beautiful too... but he should’ve hit that girl back...

STOP!!!!! yes zelo’s kind of perfect... but let’s appreciate Taemin and Shinee aka (how perfect Kim Kibum is) anyways back to the A/N

So yeah...

Any guesses for who the special oppa might be? Hmmmmmm??? Comment below and if anyone wins, we’ll give you a special mention! candym0nster tried to write it here but I won’t let her... mwah hahahaha

NOOOOOO!!!! hint hint... this boys is cute and is going to be my hubby one day ^.^ MYAHAHAH...not TT.TT
no he’s going to be mine^^
I thought you said Key was gunna be urs... oh well, you can have the dude, BUT I CALL ZELO!!!
If Key or L isn’t available by the time I’m legal...well _______ will be mine
I’m pretty sure Key’s already taken... He has his yeobo, remember?? and L... well, good luck with that, hehe ... kk bibi!!! I’m done interrupting now

 

Okay then...but yeah Key and Jjong and L (sungyeol or sungjong?)

THANX FOR READING THIS RANDOM AUTHOR’S NOTE, YOU LOVELY READERS!! ^.^ - from your two procrastinating author-nims... who need to study now...sorry again!!!

- candym0nster and chocolate-notes :)