Her Own Mind

Bad Boy

Jae walked into the school the next Monday, determined to give Kyungmi a piece of her mind. She stormed down the hallway fiercely, her destination was set in stone in her thoughts, nothing would stop her now. Soon Kyungmi's slim figure came into view. Jae sped up her pace. She called out to her.

"Mi." Said girl turned her attention to the brunette, unaware of the fire in her eyes. 

"Hey, Jae." She said with a few crumbs falling from . How attractive. 

"Let's talk." Jae's stony expression refused to budge.
Even someone as playful as Kyungmi knew when someone was serious. So, she gulped down the last bits of her breakfast, closed her locker and proceeded to follow her friend down the hall.
Jae led the way all they way to her and Niel's secluded oasis.

"How do you know where the garden is?" Mi never recalled escorting her here. 

"I found it one day. Don't you remember?" Mi reminisced to the time she found Jae here with a strange boy, whose name she was still in the dark about. Which was weird because Mi knew everybody. And I mean everybody. 

"Oh yeah.....now I remember. By the way who was that guy you were with?"

"Dunno, he was just there."
Jae had no time to let the sly washed out red head switch the topic. She had other things on her mind. 

"I'm gonna tell you something you probably won't like." Jae began. Kyungmi tilted her head in confusion, pondering what could make her upset. 

"I'm going to talk to L.Joe and get to know him." Now that she said it out loud, it didn't sound bad at all. It seemed more innocent than anything. However, Mi's eyes widened in horror.

"NOOOO!!!" She shrieked. 
She began rambling on and on about how bad he was, and he would just poison her pure self.

"Listen!" Jae grabbed the rambling girl's shoulders to obtain her attention. In return, Kyungmi finally quieted down.
"I know you don't want me near him, but as much as I want to take your word for it, I can't. He doesn't seem all that bad and if he is, I need to find out for myself."

"But what about our promise?" Mi's lips began to quiver in an effort to feign tears. 
Damn. She was a good actor. 
But Jae wasn't falling for it.

"Promises are meant to be broken."
As Mi's shoulders fell, she finally brought her hands back to her sides. Kyungmi knew perfectly well that if she tried to force Jae, she'd lose her new friend.

"....Be careful then." Kyungmi offered up the only advice she could, with a weak smile.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself."
Jae smiled wider.

--------------

Usually Jae dreaded sixth period with L.Joe, but now she was anxious about lunch. She would have to face Kyungmi again, they're relationship would surely be rocky now. Sure she had fourth period with her but it was a busy class, they barely had time to glance at each other.
So there Jae sat, praying fourth period would never end, even though she despised her slave driving teacher. The clock ticked rapidly, oh sure now class went by fast. She squeezed her eyes shut. Then it came.
RRIINGG
Jae could hear the scraping of chairs and the relieved sighs of tired students. Her eyes slowly opened to see Kyungmi patiently waiting by her desk.

"Ready?" She asked innocently.

Jae managed a smile and nodded her head ever so slightly. The two walked out in an unbreakable, awkward silence, even though they were in a bustling corridor.

"I'll buy you lunch." Kyungmi lightly jogged to enter the ever growing line, meanwhile Jae was on the hunt for an empty table.
Finally finding a spot, Jae placed herself in one chair and her bag in another to reserve for Kyungmi. Her gaze drifted to the window from which the sun was shining through. In the rays of light Jae could see the microscopic particles of dust, dancing around like little ballerinas. They mesmerized her so, she didn't even flinch when Mi finally arrived with their food. 

"Jae?" Mi snapped a finger in her face which caused her to snap out of her trance.

"Sorry." She then took notice of the meager meal in front of her, but nevertheless, ate it anyway.
Kyungmi began to make small talk about how boring their last class was. She was trying to break the awkwardness that had grown between them. 
Jae on the other hand, only half listened. She was too focused on the sun. She wanted desperately to escape from this uncomfortable moment and bask in the sun in the garden. Niel was probably there, he enjoyed the sun and peace so. 
By now Jae had stopped eating and froze with a vacant stare in her eyes. 
Mi relentlessly continued the pointless conversation. That is until she looked up to find her partner staring blankly out the window with her jaw slightly agape. Instead of calling out to her, she simply stared and waited.
It took Jae a few minutes to register the strange silence but when she did she blinked a few times and closed .

"Sorry, you were saying?" Jae straightened her back and turned her attention back to Kyungmi. She however, stayed silent. 

"You're right." Kyungmi stated after a few minutes of not talking.

"What?" Jae asked confused.

"About L.Joe, it's not like I can keep you from him like I'm your mother."
Jae let out a grateful and sincere smile.

"But just know that I'm here for you." Mi added at the end.
Jae chuckled. "Got it."

After getting that off their chests, the two ate and talked more comfortably. They laughed the period away.

----------

Jae and Kyungmi had just parted ways. Jae hesitantly walked to her next class. The class she had with L.Joe. She was scared yet anticipating it at the same time. She could swear the whole hallway could hear her heart thumping. 
The brunette speed walked into class, keeping her head low so her long curls covered her face. She headed straight for her seat without hesitation. She kept a straight back and stared right ahead. Just as expected, Jae felt a sharp poke at her back. She turned to face the culprit.

"Hey, Jae." L.Joe said with a charming smirk.
She gulped.

"You busy later today?"

----------------------------------------------
 

I am so indescribably sorry that it took me almost 2 MONTHS to update. But be expecting some sooner updates.
And I mean soon
If you know what I mean.

*Wink wink*