A Chance

Bad Boy

"What are you gonna do?" Mi looked at Jae who was still in shock.

"I don't know, but I definitely have to talk to him." Jae was still looking off into space with wide eyes.

Mi looked down at her food.
"I'm not very hungry anymore."

Jae shoved her food away.
"Me neither."

-----------

The brunette absent mindedly walked into her next class. She ignored L.Joe's expectant look as she sat down in front of him.

She half expected him to tap her shoulder, but nothing. He must've realized that Jae wasn't feeling it.
The bell rang and the teacher called for everyone to pull out their homework from the night before.
As everyone rustled their papers and brought out the assignment Jae knew it was one of those free days.
The teacher would spend the whole period going over the homework without even collecting it. Which means she would go on and on explaining while everyone is quietly listening. 
That means Jae's mind can wander and she could think over what she was going to do about this.......situation.

Should she talk to L.Joe first? Or maybe Kyungmi? No, even the talkative Kyungmi had no words.
Niel? Niel.... Jae was sure he would listen and do his best to help her or really, just be there for comfort.
Jae felt extremely uncomfortable thinking about this, especially since L.Joe was right behind her. She could almost feel his eyes beating down on her.

Thankfully the bell rang and Jae was surprised when L.Joe didn't stop her from leaving.
Her last two classes went by in a similar manner; Jae wondering what to do.
Finally the day ended and she packed up her art supplies. Instead of going to her locker first, she went straight to Niel's.
He was putting books in his locker and seemed surprised to see Jae there. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked a bit nervously.

"Yeah, sure. Just gimme a minute." Niel emptied out his bag and shut his locker.

Jae led the way down the hall, but they both knew where they were going.
The further they walked, the more desolate the halls got. Soon they reached an area where no one was and got to the double doors that led to the garden.
The pair pushed a door open each and proceeded to their usual stone bench.

"What's up?" Niel asked setting himself down.

"I hate to always keep coming to you about his but, it's L.Joe......again."

"It's fine, besides I kinda figured you'd ask about this." He leaned back on his hands.

"What do you mean?" The shorter looked up at the taller one.

"I heard about how he's turning down his usuals."

"Usuals?"

"The girls he usually, um........fools around with." Niel awkwardly explained.

"Wait really? Even you know?" Jae widened her eyes.

"Everyone knows, he stopped a few days back but no one knows why. I guess it's cause of you." The brown haired boy looked at Jae.

"I guess so... But how do I know he's serious?" 

"Well, if you want to know what I think-"

"Yes! Of course! That's why I came to you." Jae cut Niel off who looked shocked.

"As I was going to say.."
He continued.
"I've never seen him act like this. He seems serious to me and if you want to give him a shot, go for it. But I'd still be on the look out if I were you. You never know what he's thinking."

"Really? You sure it's worth a shot?" Jae asked a bit too eager.

"That's for you to decide. If you like him enough, go ahead, or if you're just that curious to see what he's like." Niel stood up and hovered over Jae.

"What?" She asked looking up.

"Let's go. I'm sure he's waiting for you by your locker."

Jae got up, albeit a bit hesitantly. However, Niel was right behind her the whole way back to her locker. They stopped right around the corner.
Before Jae could relay her worries, Niel put his hands on her shoulders.

"Listen, don't worry. No one's making you do anything. It's all up to you." He looked Jae straight in the eyes.

"I know, You're right, you're always right." She shut her eyes tightly.

"All that matters is you're happy. Now go." He pushed Jae towards her locker and watched her walk away. 

"All that matters is she's happy....." Niel repeated to himself forlornly and slowly walked away.

 

Jae strode to her locker and stopped in front of L.Joe.

"Jae! Did you hear?" 

She nodded with a blank expression.

"Did you mean it?" She asked.

"Of course!" L.Joe exclaimed in the gradually emptying hallway.
"Give me a chance?" He said quieter.

Jae bit her lip.
"Fine...." She whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------

Another late (and short >.>) chapter, my apologies V.V

And now I will shamelessly promote a Roleplay I am an admin of.

It's called Bulletproof Roleplay and it's a FaceBook roleplay and there are plenty of open spots with all your favorite idols~
So please join~

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/503012/b--------------r----f-r-bigbang-kpop-roleplay-snsd-you-exo-facebookroleplay

Just follow the steps in the foreward and if you have any questions leave a comment on the roleplay or PM me~ :)
Advertisement over!