Lies and Lies

Bad Boy

Jae cautiously walked into the bustling building, she couldn't help but feel as if L.Joe was stalking her. She was afraid that if she turned a corner, there he would be. Waiting for her. Jae was acting like some actor in a movie who tries to be inconspicuous but everyone just watches them sneak around like a derp.
No sign of L.Joe, yet. As Jae neared her locker, she started getting suspicious. She had known L.Joe for less than a day, but she knew he was the type who didn't give up easily. Nearing her locker, Jae peeped her head around the corner. Just as she thought, L.Joe was there, nonchalantly standing in the general area of her locker.
Was going to her locker really worth it? She didn't want to face him until she figured everything out. 

"Maybe if I wait a little he'll leave....." Jae stood behind the corner, waiting for her stalker to leave. L.Joe, however, was quite persistent. He stood by Jae's locker all up until the bell rang, announcing the start of the day.

"I don't have time for this, screw it." Jae huffed under her breath and headed down the now, frantic hallway.

Throughout all her classes, Jae was anticipating her lunch period, where she could thoroughly question Kyungmi.
As 3rd period grew more and more unbearable because of her extremely boring teacher, lecturing on some extremely boring subject, Jae's mind began to wander. All the questions she planned to ask Mi emerged in her subconscious.
Jae grew bored of imaginary interview with Mi and began to think about how much she loved her last class. Art. Lots of people were sick of it because of the teachers extremely, eccentric and odd demeanor. But Jae loved her, she could tell she was truly passionate about art, and it showed through her work.
Then it hit her.
This is a performance and expressive arts school. Everyone here had a talent that had gained them access to this school. What is everyone's? What could Kyungmi's be? More importantly, what was L.Joe's?
The different possibilities swirled around in her head. Maybe he was a model, he was amazingly good looking. But he's too short  to be a model. What if he was an artist? He could be just like Jae. What if they had a mutual love for art? Jae's heart began to beat faster at the possibility of having things in common with L.Joe.
Did he he love thunderstorms just like Jae?
Did he want to travel the world?
Did he sing in the shower?
Did he have a tiny lisp that slipped out every now and then?
Did he have cravings for any and all things sweet?
Did he love the smell of freshly baked cookies?

Jae reveled in her thoughts so intently that her teacher had to shake her out of her trance. Sometime during her montage of ideas, the bell rang and Jae was the only one left in the class.
She quickly grabbed her things, bowed to her teacher, and ran off to her next class. Kyungmi was in her next class.
Because Jae barely made it on time, there was no time to talk to Kyungmi before class. She sat right in front of Jae, so she spent the entire period staring at the back of her head. 
The minute the bell rang, Jae jumped out of her seat and dragged Kyungmi from hers.

"Where are we going?" Kyungmi asked as Jae pulled her along.

"To lunch of course." Jae replied.

She threw Kyungmi down at a vacant chair and sat down directly in front of her, staring intently into her questioning brown eyes.

"Umm......don't you wanna eat?" Kyungmi asked, starting to stand. Jae pushed her back down.

"No time for food. We need to talk."

"Okay...what about?"

"Why are you here?"

"Huh?" Kyungmi tilted her head in confusion. Did Jae seriously just tell her to leave?

"This school. How did you get in?" Jae gestured.

"Oh, that's what you mean." Mi put a hand over her chest in relief.
"Well, I wanna be an actress." She announced, with a proud smile on her face.

"Really, I would've thought you would be a comedian." Jae fiddled with her phone strap.

Kyungmi lightly punched Jae's arm, while an incredulous graced her features.

"What? I was just kidding." Jae shrugged it off and began to build up the courage to ask the question that she really intended to ask.

"So....Why is L.Joe here?" Jae asked shyly looking up at the now stone cold Kyungmi.

"Why do you keep asking about him?" Mi asked, listless.

Jae exploded.

"I thought you were my friend! Why can't you ever give me a straight answer?!" Jae yelled but was sure to keep it quiet enough so as not to attract the attention of others.

"I am. You just have to trust me." Kyungmi stated firmly.

"Oh, so you won't tell me anything about him but you give him all my info?!"

"What are you talking about?" Kyungmi lowered her voice a bit.

"My phone number. He has it. The only other person I gave my number to was you, so you had to have given it to him."

"I don't know how he got it, but he sure as hell didn't get it from me." Mi defended herself.

"Sure." Jae grabbed her bag and stomped off.

Why did Kyungmi keep lying? What was she hiding?

----------------------------

Thank you all for being so patient for my update, but I've been studying for finals, but those are over now! Hope you enjoy!