Already in love.

The Red String

L.Joe's POV

It felt almost like being on a secret mission, and Chunji was the target I had to protect from harm's way. At every chance I had, my eyes would study his movements, his facial expressions, and most of all, his habits.

He had a way of laughing overdramatically, which caused laughter to corrupt from others around him, including me. And he often his lips as his eyes became distracted into random places around the shop when he drifted into deep thought. He was naturally clumsy as well, so tripping on nearly nothing was common, yet everytime it happened, I was there to catch him. Well, sort of. I wasn't the strongest person, nor was I that tall either, so I often fell along with him. 

But the thing that got me the most was the way his eyes sparkled ever so often when he smiled brightly, like always. It was the reason I would keep myself indulged in him. It was the reason I did the things I did.

Falling in love with him was going to be difficult, I know that much.

But it was making him fall in love with me that was the challenge here. There isn't anything absolutely remarkable about me, I was really just... Ordinary. The only thing that separated me from others was the fact that I could see the fated string that tied couples together. But what good was that in this situation?

"Yah, L.Joe-yah!" The red-head called from behind the counter. I was sitting at a table on my break, and of course, I was already staring at him. I only raised an eyebrow as a response.

"Break is over." He nodded at me and turned away before I could reply.

I stood up and joined him, leaning my back against the counter, "Yah, Chunji-yah?"

He gave me a side glance, "Hm?"

I gulped, "Well, I was thinking. Maybe your girlfriend.. Maybe she's not the right one for you after all." 

He remained silent.

Before I could justify my opinion, the door swung open and the topic walked right in, surprisingly, with the guy I had seen before.

He was the one who shared her red string.

"What's he doing here?" Chunji asked in a husky voice, most likely directed at himself since it wasn't loud enough for anyone one else to hear.

"Chunji-yah~ I'll be in the bookstore when you close, okay?" His girlfriend said excitedly as she waved her hand as a hello and goodbye. "Don't worry about me either! I'll be with my friend!"

I bit my lip when I witnessed Chunji's angered expression. The pain was again evident with a hint of frustration, yet he forced a smile and a nod as he watched her walk off with the stranger he was forced to trust.

I started to feel guilty again.

Yet it was exactly what I wanted. If she kept her attention away from the red-head, it'd give me a better chance to fix things.

It'd give me a chance to make Chunji fall in love with me.

And the mission starts.

"Chunji-yah." I said aloud as I wandered up beside him, "I think we need to get more cups from the back. We're running out."

"Why don't you go get them then?" He asked with gritted teeth.

"I don't know where they are. Manager barely lets me go to the back alone." I stated as I pulled gently on his sleeve.

It took awhile, but he eventually sighed and started his way to the back room while I followed.

The moment we made it to the room, I shoved him against the wall gently and leaned close to his shocked face.

In a soft voice, I let my breath trickle against his skin, "You have to let her go."

His eyes widened at the words and he barely managed to shake his head. I slammed my fist against the wall while keeping the position, "You have to, Chunji-yah. It's the only way you'll be happy."

I watched his lips tremble and his eyes avert continuously around the room to come up with a good reply, but I didn't give him much time. And before I knew it, my head leaned forward as my lips pressed softly against his. I could feel him shivering, and squirming in his position as a way to protest against me, but I didn't let him go far. The minute I grasped his hand which carried the red thread, his rebellious nature calmed, and he seemed to be somewhat soothed. Eventually, he even returned the kiss, tilting his head for me as our lips moved against one another evenly. I could hear some whimpers coming from the back of his throat, but instead of being hints of rejection, they were drowned in pleasure. 

I didn't want to think about our relationship now, but I knew that it was either going to ruin us,

or become the beginning of us.

And I was kind of hoping it was going to be the second option.

"L... L.Joe.." He huffed between our pauses for breath. The sound of my name carried me back into reality, and quietly pulled myself away from him a few inches. His eyes were narrow and fixed onto mine, but I couldn't tell if he was pleased or downright disgusted.

I released my grip on his hand and let the string stretch as the distance between us increased a little. 

"Why did you do that..." Chunji whispered, bringing his eyes to the floor.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I wasn't sure what to say. If I told him that I had feelings for him, wouldn't I be lying?

Or would I be telling the truth?

"Listen, Chunji-yah..." I started as I tried to lift his chin up to look at me.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" He yelled, shoving me violently away from him. "Don't you know I'm taken?!! Don't you know I'm hurting right now?!!"

My eyes widened at his sudden outburst and I watched him rush out of the room, the second time since forever.

But there was something similar in both of the memories.

He was angry.

He was angry with me.

I'd apologize, but again, it won't be any good.

I couldn't take it back, nor did I want to.

And that was enough for me to confirm things.

I wasn't going to fall for him.

I couldn't.

Because I was already in love with him.

----------------------------

AN; I realized I haven't been making any notes here, because laziness. LOL. BUT YES I DO READ ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND I LOVE YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING/COMMENTING.<3 Sadly, this story will be ending in 2-3 chapters. It was nice while it lasted! But I'm coming up with a new ChunJoe story so you won't be seeing the last of me~! keke.