Please listen.

The Red String

I knew it. I knew something was off about her. But... But she was Chunji's girlfriend, and would he even believe me if I told him what had happened last night? Probably not. But I have to, right?

I can't let him continue being with a girl who won't give him her full attention. Even though he and I weren't fully on good terms, I didn't hate the guy. 

But wait...

What if this is all a part of the string's doing? What if Chunji and his girlfriend really weren't meant to be together? What if.. this string was real? 

I nearly choked on the idea, receving weird glances from customers around me, but shrugging it off shortly after. This can't be. After all, I'm not falling for him, and he's not falling for me. I'm sure that sooner or later, our string would detach and form a bond with another person. At least, I hope so anyway.

"You okay there?" 

I glanced over my shoulder, and nodded once I noticed who it was. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"You sure? You seem distracted." Chunji questioned, leaning on the counter beside me. "What's bothering you?"

I looked down, biting my lower lip in frustration. I wanted to forget about that night. I wanted to forget about it all. 

It was the last thing I wanted on my mind.

Unconsciously, I shook my head, indicating that it was nothing.

But Chunji parted his lips, prepared to speak again before being interupted by a cold breeze that invaded the cafe, causing shivers to run up my spine as a new voice broke out, the same familiar voice from last night, "Chunji-yah~ I'm here~!"

Just who I wanted to see.

Joyously, the red-head greeted her back, waving his hand in the air happily as she skipped over, avoiding eye contact with me. I'm sure it was a weird time for the both of us. I didn't want to look at her either. Not after what had happened.

I watched them converse about their day, and plans for later on in the week. It was a good opportunity for me to leave.

Without sparking a conversation, I slipped away from the two and headed towards the back room, wanting time to myself, and only myself.

How could I even think of talking to her again after what had happened... The look in her eyes.

The look in mine.

It was all new to me.

I have never done that before.

"You sure are quiet today."

I spun around to find Chunji right behind me, leaning against the doorway as he watched me stand in confusion. 

"What are you doing back here?" He asked, nodding at me.

I froze in my tracks, speechless.

"If you're not going to do anything, then come back to the front. We have a job to do." He gestured me to follow, slightly turning to return to the front where his girlfriend was waiting.

His unfaithful girlfriend.

Hesitating to follow the red-head's instructions, my feet moved on their own, as well as my hand, grabbing a hold of his arm. His eyes trailed back over to me questioningly with a raised eyebrow, "L.Joe?"

I huffed, pulling him back into the room with me and closing the door quickly, "Just listen.."

He kept his confused expression, nodding unsurely as he stood in front of me.

I gulped. This was a harder task done than said. "Your girlfriend..."

Pause.

Another breath.

"She.. I don't think you should keep being with her."

"Why?"

Inhale. 

Exhale.

"Last night..." Another breath, "She was.. She... She's just not faithful."

"Are you saying she's cheating on me?"

I gave a slight nod.

"With who? You?"

"No- That's not-"

"So you two are having something?"

"No- Yah, I said listen-"

"Was that why you two weren't around the cafe last night when I asked you two to wait?"

"Ye- No, wait. We weren-"

"Forget it, L.Joe." His expression turned a whole 180 degrees, showing nothing but discomfort and frustration, "I knew you had a thing for her. Even from the start."

"Chunji-yah, liste-"

"No." Without waiting any further, he yanked the door open and slightly turned his head to look at me with narrow eyes, "Oh yeah, do me a favor and leave us the hell alone from now on."

A slam followed his leave, and I was left shaking in my own skin. 

If I knew this was to happen, I wouldn't have said a soul. Even if Chunji's girlfriend wasn't the type of girl he deserved; he loved her. And he deserved love.

And he didn't deserve anything less.

-------------------------------------------

**Hope this is better! TT TT!

Omg. I actually don't really like this one, buuuut, this story has to go somewhere right?