Happy Ending.

The Red String
L.Joe's POV
 
When someone thinks about a happy ending, my story would've ended right then. Right when I returned to Chanhee with my bag in my left hand, and his fingers in my other, finding our way back home and getting lost a few times here and there, (due to his stupidity, of course), before finally making it back.
 
The feeling of accomplishment at the end of the roller coaster, the satisfaction of finally fulfilling a hungry desire, it would have ended with that.
 
I almost had forgotten my purpose here. Why I was born with such a gift. I almost forgot I carried this. But I never called it a burden, at least, not until now.
 
The first time it began to distress me was when I implied that I rather talk to customers than speak to Chanhee, and it wasn't anything personal, I just wanted to play cupid again. Like I always did before we decided to date, in secret.
 
But unfortunately, he thought differently.
 
"Yah, L.Joe, why do you keep returning to the customers when they don't even need anything?" He had asked the moment I returned from yet another table with a couple I put together out of my own sweat. "And why do you keep making strangers talk to each other?"
 
"I just don't like customers being alone in here." Excuses. I was good at creating those, mostly at the last minute.
 
"But it's not your job to worry if they come in alone. It's just your job to serve them."
 
I practically rolled my eyes, "Calm down. It's not doing any harm, Chanhee-yah."
 
He paused for a moment, with eyes that appeared to be glaring. Nothing about his expression seemed pleased, but there wasn't really anything I could do about it. I couldn't just stop now. Who else would carry out this task? After all, since I was born with this, might as well make the best of it, right?
 
"Sure, L.Joe. It's not hurting anyone."
 
The tone in his voice made it obvious that he was greatly distressed about the whole matter, like maintaining a sour expression wasn't enough to make that clear. However, I didn't let his attitude affect mine too. So I remained quiet, fixing my eyes everywhere but on him. Like I usually did when he would have smoke escaping his ears. From the looks of things, matters weren't much better since we returned.
 
As closing time approached, I searched for the mop to wash up the floor, considering it's been my duty to do so since I arrived, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Not even in the closet where I always left it. When I returned to the front, I watched Chanhee's arms shift from side to side with the mop in between his fingers. 
 
My eyebrows knitted in displeasure, "What are you doing?"
 
"Cleaning."
 
"That's my job, Chanhee-yah."
 
He glanced over at me with a fake grin on his lips, "No. Your job is to talk to customers now apparently."
 
I gave him a glare.
 
"What? Isn't that what you wanted? You seemed to be enjoying it before. What's with the nasty look about it now?"
 
My feet shifted on their own, trudging over towards the slightly taller male and harshly slapping the mop out of his grip. "Don't you ing mock me." I uttered under gritted teeth; my voice heavily drenched in irritation, "Grow the hell up."
 
I didn't say anything more to him. I only stormed towards the door to cool off the fury building up in my veins. If I heard another sarcastic tone from Chanhee, I swear to God I'd--
 
"Yah, you can't leave yet, L.Joe. "
 
"And why's that?"
 
"Your shift isn't over, and customers might come in."
 
"We're almost closed. No one's going to come in."
 
"But if one does, you might miss an opportunity to bother the out of them."
 
" you." I snapped back; my frame already half way out the door. "You don't understand anything, Chanhee-yah. You never ing will."
 
I didn't hear anything from him before the door shut behind me. I didn't see anyone when I reluctantly glanced back as I walked away. 
 
And I didn't feel anything either.
 
I didn't feel a thing.
 
----------------------------------
 
A/N: It's not over. The title is false ok false. LOL. JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE THAT AND SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED THIS IN YEARS.