Halfway Due

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 9]

Halfway Due

 

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

 

Every morning it was always the same procedure. That white-tux-wearing Guardian of mine would always meet me in the cafe, holding that same manila folder with that same stack of paper lodged inside it. I guess I should be thankful though. She's been keeping me on track with trying to manage this small business. When my mind would wander, she'd always point to the stack of papers. Still, I wish our conversations would differ. It always went something like this.

 

The two of us would be in the cafe before Jessica and Yuri would come in for their shifts. We'd be sitting down at one of the tables in silence and I'd want to start a conversation with her. “Hey TaeTae. Can you tell me more about-”

 

“Did you find a way to pay off the bills?” The first time she said that, I was caught off guard. Now, it was usual. Her eyebrows would be raised and she'd stare right into my eyes for an honest answer.

 

The stare she'd give me would honestly irk me. It wasn't a cold glare like Jessi's but still, I was uncomfortable when she'd stare at me like that. Eventually I'd say, “Well no but-”

 

Then she'd tap the pieces of paper and say, “Focus.” before she'd fold her arms across her chest and watch me get back to work.

 

That was it! No explanation, no “maybe later”s and definitely no dorky attitude that I honestly miss. It's as if she's changed! I mean, yeah I've gotten more work done but doing that for a whole week just gets annoying you know? I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't mind making my wish...She'd be gone and...Err. I know she's doing this for the best, but really TaeTae...You're pushing me away.

 

 

 

 

[3rd Person]

 

[Ding!]

 

Just like usual, the white clothed Guardian disappeared the minute the working duo entered the cafe. Tiffany was used to it by now. Since she and Taeyeon never talked about anything that would captivate her, she would be composed. Even Yuri said she's been acting “less weird” for the past week. That was...reassuring. At least Tiffany knew she wasn't being some weirdo to her friends anymore.

 

Like any other day, the store owner stood from the table, tidied it, then headed to the back office to work more where Taeyeon would watch her again. Although today also marked the halfway point for when the bills were due. That meant only one thing to the Guardian, she had to really push the cafe owner to find a suitable method of income.

 

“Fany-ah.” Taeyeon called out from her usual seat, that being on top of two filing cabinets that were shoved in one corner. She watched as the pen stopped its scribbling on the parchment. Tiffany's head rose and turned to look at her. Something about the look that the Troubled One was displaying mentally startled Taeyeon. “Your bills are due in 2 weeks. Do you have any idea on how to make more money?” Her arms folded across her chest as her head tilted to one side curiously.

 

Tiffany sighed and looked at the pieces of paper scattered across her desk. Each had scribbles and notes about finances, but still it just wouldn't cut it. At this rate, she knew she'd be losing the cafe. It was a while before Tiffany glanced up again and shook her head. “Aniyo. I just...” Her sentence ended with a hefty sigh as her back crashed against the chair. “I need a break from all of this.” She mumbled, quickly capping the pen and standing up.

 

Seeing her Troubled One getting ready to leave, Taeyeon's lips pursed as she tried so desperately not to grab the latter by the shoulders to make her sit back down. “Where are you going?” Her fingers curled into loose fists. Was I pushing her too much? In an attempt to compose herself, the Guardian gulped down any words of protest that had lumped in as she waited for an answer.

 

“To the front.” Tiffany said coldly. Her mind was all jumbled and a headache was already brewing in her noggin. That's the last thing she wanted in the morning. She fixed her shirt and stared at the scattered paper before back at Taeyeon. “I need to stop thinking about all of this for a while.” The store owner answered, gesturing to the mess on top of her desk before turning her back to the mystical being. Without a second thought, she quickly went to the door and opened it.

 

When Tiffany's back turned to her, Taeyeon subconsciously reached out for the other girl. She didn't want her to leave. How would she figure out how to get more money if she was out at the front making drinks? However, that wasn't the only reason why she wanted Tiffany to stay. Somewhere deep down, Taeyeon wanted her to stay because she too liked the store owner's company. Sure they didn't say much to each other for the past week, but that was enough to put her at ease. She'd rather stay with a quiet Tiffany than at the middle realm where all hell broke loose. Only when the door opened did Taeyeon retreat her hand. “O-Oh.” Her lips pursed gently. “Ok-”

 

[Slam!]

 

The Guardian let out a gentle sigh and hopped off the filing cabinet effortlessly. Taeyeon strolled to the cluttered paper and arranged them into a neat stack before packing all of that into the manila folder, placing the pen right beside it. I just don't want you to loose this business... Taking a deep breath, Taeyeon closed her eyes and calmed her mind. Aniyo...I just don't want you to make that wish yet... Her head shook gently, trying to get the thought out of her head. “What am I thinking?” She mumbled to herself. Now calm and collected, Taeyeon reached into her pocket and pulled out some change. “I need some ice cream.”

 

 

 

 

Emerging from the double doors startled the two workers as they watched their boss put her head through the loop of an apron. “Well, well.” Yuri stated with a smirk. “Is our boss here to finally do the dirty work?” She joked. The raven haired worker knew that Tiffany was probably really stressed. What better way to lighten the mood than by cracking a joke?

 

Hearing the words from the youngest worker made Tiffany raise her head and give a displeased smile. “I just need to step away from all the stressful business managing for a day. You guys understand right?”

 

Yuri smiled and nodded to her boss. Jessica on the other hand... “How many more days are left until they're due Tiff? Do you even know where to get the money?” The auburn haired girl questioned her best friend curiously, going behind her boss to tie the apron strings behind her back.

 

Tiffany sighed and stepped away when she felt Jessica had finished tying the ends. “They're due in two weeks. That still leaves me enough time okay? Can we just...not talk about bills today?” Her hands were up as if telling the latter to put everything on hold. For weeks all her mind has been forcibly wrapped around were those damn bills. Couldn't she just take a break for once?

 

Jessica shot her a cold glare before sighing in defeat. “Arasso. Do what you want. I'm just trying to help you out.” She muttered before walking towards the neon sign and tugging on the string to turn it on. Thoughts ran through the worker's head. All she wanted to do was help her best friend with the cafe. Sure she couldn't give any money, but that didn't mean she couldn't help her focus on the problem either. But, since Tiffany apparently didn't need her help, Jessica found it best to just leave her at it.

 

 

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

 

Finally, a break from numbers and dollar signs that I have to pay back. I felt a little bad for leaving TaeTae in the office but I'm sure she understands right? One person can only handle so much business managing. Either way, I'm out here at the front and I'm making drinks for customers. The morning had the usual restaurant workers come in, that being Luna, Sulli, and a few other waiters. Of course, them leaving happy always brought in the other people that could spare a couple more minutes before they had to rush off to work.

 

After lunch is mainly when this place is dead. Just like I predicted, the last lunch rush customer was gone and it was just the three of us. I decided to tidy up the place first before taking a break with the others. With the work space behind the counter now clean, I took a good look around and smiled to myself at how the place looked.

 

My attention then went to my friends and something...threw me off a little. Yuri was sitting at the counter, fiddling with her cell phone. I'm guessing she's just playing games or something, but Jessi... She's the one that didn't seem...normal today. It's as if she were giving me the cold shoulder. Did I do something wrong? I remembered that earlier whenever she'd give me an order to make, she would just plop it on the counter right next to me even though I reached my hand out to her. I knew Jess wasn't the energetic type but it would also be that irritated look that caught me off guard. Was it something I said?

 

Well, whatever it is, I'm going to have to ask her about it. My best friend was sitting next to Yuri, her head was down on the counter while her arms served as pillows. Was she in deep thought? I can't see her face. “Hey Jess.” I called out, but she didn't answer. She didn't even move! Okay, let's try this again. “Jess.” I called out even louder. Still, she didn't move. Was she dead? Yuri glanced over to our friend to give her a nudge, but Ms. I'm-ignoring-you only shifted to make herself more comfortable against her arms. Getting a little irritated now, I reached out and shook her shoulder. “Jess!” My voice would have to get her attention now.

 

Just like that, Jessica slowly rose her head with tired eyes. “What?” She questioned grumpily. What the? Was she sleeping? I knew she slept a lot in class when we were in high school but I didn't expect her to be sleeping on the job. Huh, so this is what really happens when I'm stuck in my office. When Jessica realized that I was the one who woke her up, she immediately shot me one of her icy glares. “What do you want?”

 

Sheesh. What's with that attitude? I wanted to back down, but no. This is exactly why I wanted to confront her. “What's your problem?” I said straight forward. My arms folded across my chest as I shot her my own glare. Though that didn't seem effective at all.

 

“I don't know what you're talking about.” She grumbled, rolling her eyes and getting ready to lay her head back down on her pillow-arms. Apparently, she didn't want me to know her intentions. But I knew Jessica. If I wanted an answer from her, I'd have to push her buttons until they broke.

 

Before her head could make contact with her make shift pillow, I swatted her arm aside, making her look at me with a confused face. “You've been giving me that attitude all day. What did I do wrong?” I made sure not to sound hesitant. That way, Jessica could tell how serious I was with this conversation.

 

Jessi let out an annoyed sigh and crashed her back against the stool's backing so that she could look at me straight in the eyes. “Oh, is that what you're talking about?” She asked sarcastically and rolled her eyes. Her arms folded across her chest as she stared at me with that same icy glare.

 

“Yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Now tell me.” Again I spoke with a tone that wouldn't back down. She was going to answer me and I wasn't going to back down until I found out the truth. Apparently Yuri was able to sense our bloods boiling as her eyes shifted away from her cell phone screen to glance at the both of us.

 

Jessica let out an irritated breath as she diverted her attention. “Fine, you wanna know?” I just nodded to her. “You're bills are due in 2 weeks and from what I could tell, you haven't figured out a way to get your bills paid off. Tiff, those 2 weeks are gonna come and go before you even know it and then this cafe is gonna go out of business. If I were you I'd go back to that office and let Yuri do her job! That way you could figure out how to keep this cafe from crumbling to the ground!”

 

Her words to me were harsh and they caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting her reason to be because of this business. What does it even mean to her anyways? “Don't you think I've been trying to figure it out for the past week? What about for the past couple months when the our customer count started dropping down to nothing?!” I didn't want to yell at my best friend, but it was only natural for me. I felt like she wouldn't be able to understand me if I weren't stating my side with a loud voice. “What does it even matter to you Jess?! You aren't the one paying the bills! You aren't the one trying to figure everything out! So why do you care if whether or not this business fails?!”

 

Suddenly, Jessica stood up. W-Was she going to fight me? My lips pursed involuntarily out of fright, but I managed to stand my ground. Yuri quickly stood as well, leaving her cell phone on the counter between us. “Y-Yah!” She called out, mainly towards Jessica. “Look, just calm down you two, okay? We don't want things to get violent.” Her arms were spread out, one resting on Jessica's shoulder as the other was towards me. For all I knew she probably thought I'd leap the counter just to lay a finger on my best friend.

 

“For your information Tiff,” Jessica spoke. Her voice caught both of our attentions as she seemed oblivious to her co-worker. “The only reason why this business means so much to me is because you own it. You're my best friend and I care about you.” She folded her arms across her chest. Her eyes were staring at me with that piercing cold glare. “I know that the last thing I wanna see is my best friend thinking she's a complete failure just because she couldn't keep this business alive!” I could see that her hands were turning into tight fists. “Can't you see that even though I can't give you any money, I still care? I'm trying to keep you concentrated on your bills so that you won't have to close this place down permanently!”

 

Even though it was Jessica who spoke those words, all I could hear was Taeyeon's voice. Was this what she wanted too? Was this why she was constantly telling me to focus on the bills? Because she didn't want to see me failing as well? But...Taeyeon could give me all the money I wanted right? I could just wish for unimaginable riches and I'd be able to keep the cafe! But...TaeTae would be gone once I make that wish...I wouldn't be able to remember her and...

 

“So if you want to just go ahead and throw your business away then fine! Throw away everything you worked so hard on! Be my guest!” Jessi hollered with a cracked voice. Was she really upset over this? Well apparently, since she turned her back to me and began to march her way towards the exit.

 

Yuri glanced at me before hurrying quickly behind our friend. “Sica!” She called out, just barely able to grab her hand and tug her to a stop. “Where are you going?” I stayed quiet at the counter, wanting to hear her answer as well.

 

My best friend glared at me before turning her attention to her crush. “I'm going on break.” She grumbled before yanking her hand free and pushing through the front door. The two of us watched her pass the cafe windows as she marched down the sidewalk.

 

Again, Yuri looked at me as if wondering what to do. Should she comfort the enraged Sica or just stay and leave her to cool off on her own? Knowing what she really wanted to do, I just shooed her away. “Go follow her.” I mumbled. The last thing we'd want is for Jessica to get in any sort of trouble just because she was pissed off. It's not like it would be the first time that would happen anyways. My youngest worker nodded her head to me thankfully and rushed out the door.

 

Silence.

 

Nothing moved, nothing stirred. It was just me, myself, and I...And I hated it. I felt so alone again. I felt like I was going to have to get through my life with no one there for me again. Just like I did after my mom's death. My eyes began to water at the thought of her, at the thought of being alone again. I didn't want that. No. I'm not gonna cry. Not again. I need to be strong. I need to get myself back together. I...I need Taeyeon.

 

I took a deep breath to calm myself down before scanning the place. No one was here but me and it didn't look like anyone was going to be coming in anytime soon. Taking this chance, I hurried to the back room and barged into my office. “Tae...yeon?” I scanned the room; nothing. She wasn't in here at all. “TaeTae?” My eyes settled on the manila folder and pen that were neatly placed on my desk. So she was here.

 

Taking the folder and pen, I quickly left the office and headed towards the front again. It wasn't smart for me to leave the place unattended, but I just really wanted to talk to her. I guess me walking out on her this morning must have really hurt her. Mianhae TaeTae. I was just really stressed. I didn't mean to hurt you like that.

 

 

 

 

I don't know how long it's been, but my workers were gone for a while. In a sense, I didn't mind it. Jessica needed her space and I needed mine. I just really hoped that Taeyeon would have come and visited me also. The place was empty the entire time and I was working on how to pay the bills again. It seemed like the only thing that I could occupy myself with so that I wouldn't think about being alone. Still, without TaeTae here, it was the only thing that I could feel. I'm starting to miss the silence with my Guardian. Even though she didn't say anything...I liked the fact that I could just look up and see her staring at me. Now I'm starting to regret walking out on her this morning.

 

[Ding!]

 

I held my breath for a moment as I rose my head, wishing it were her. A small smile came onto my face when I realized who it was. Yeah, her name had 'Yeon' in it, but it wasn't Taeyeon. “Hey Hyo.” I greeted happily. She may not have been the person I wanted to see, but at least she was here. It was so much better than being by myself for who knows how much longer.

 

“Hey Tiff.” She smiled, sitting down across from me and plopping her backpack on the stool next to her. My dancing friend looked around the cafe then back at me. “Where are the other two at?” Her head tilted to the side innocently as she took a peek at the scattered papers in front of us.

 

Letting out a gentle sigh, I gathered the papers into a small stack and shoved them into the manila folder. “They're out. They've been gone for a long time now.” I explained, capping the pen and shoving it behind my ear for keeps sake. “Your usual?”

 

Hyoyeon nodded to confirm the order and stared at the top of the manila folder. “It's not like them to leave their shift for that long. Did something happen?” Her eyes finally peeled off the closed folder to look at me. I could tell that she was itching to take a look at the paper work, but being the good friend that she was, she knew not to invade my privacy.

 

I stepped away from the counter, ready to make the concoction that was her drink. “Jessi and I argued and Yuri went to go calm her down.” I replied nonchalantly. Sure the explanation was broad, but at least I got to the point. My hands worked their magic and in no time I got Hyoyeon's drink ready.

 

“Okay. It's better to have them leave and come back with a calm Sica than have a raging HellSica terrorizing town by herself.” She joked. I knew that she just wanted me to smile. When all I did was give her a small smirk, her attention went to the counter top. “Was the argument about that?” She questioned with a finger pointing at the folder like a little kid. Her eyes were now locked on me. Oh, I could definitely tell how tempted she was to just grab it and open it up.

 

Placing the drink in front of her, I gave her a small nod. “Neh. It was about that.” I sighed. “It's okay that they were gone anyways. No one came in since they left and I was able to calm myself down too.” Again I gave her a weak smile.

 

Hyoyeon nodded her head and quickly fished out her wallet, pulling out a single bill that was more than enough to pay for the drink. I took it and rang it up, pulling out the change that was meant to go back to her. “Aniyo Tiff. Just keep the change.” She protested with a raised hand.

 

I looked over to my friend. “Hyo. I know what you're trying to do.” I mumbled taking out the rest of her amount that needed to be returned. “It's not gonna be enough to help. I can tell you that much.” My lips tugged into a reassuring smirk as I placed the money in front of her. I appreciated the fact that she wanted to help, but I just couldn't find it in myself to take her money. Honestly, I would feel really guilty with myself whenever I'd ask Jessica or Yuri for some donations.

 

Her lips pursed as she stared at the money on the counter. “So I guess that means you haven't found a way to pay the bills off yet, huh?” Hyoyeon locked her eyes on me with a concerned expression. As badly as I wanted to take the cash, I didn't want to drain her of her money when she could barely afford her dance classes.

 

I breathed out a gentle sigh. “Not yet.” My lips pursed as I stared down at her order. Wanting to get the topic off of this failing business, I nudged her drink forward. “Yah, if you don't start drinking it now, its gonna get cold.” I chuckled standing up to go wash the one thing that was dirtied to make Hyoyeon's cup of the usual.

 

[Ding!]

 

Both Hyo and I looked to the door to see the returning workers. Well, they seemed happy. Especially Jess with Yuri's arm around her like that. “We're back!” Yuri called out brightly. Her hands extended out to present themselves but it wasn't long for her arm to wrap, once again, around Jessica's shoulders.

 

“Sorry we took so long.” My best friend apologized with a slightly hung head. “We ended up going to the mall for a while.” She admitted with a soft voice. Her eyes purposely avoiding contact with me.

 

Yuri chuckled. “Yeah. Shopping was the only thing I could think of to calm her down.” My younger worker confessed as she tightened her arm around Jessica's shoulders. There has to be more than just a friend zone thing going on between them. Jess is completely blushing for crying out loud! I think maybe it's only Yuri that can't sense my friend's feelings for her. Yeah, now I'm really glad I didn't confess to my best friend.

 

“Did you guys buy anything?” Hyoyeon asked after taking a sip of her drink. She tilted her head back and fourth to look for any bags but, of course, their hands were empty. Aside from Yuri's arm full of Jessi that is.

 

Yuri shooed the air as she plopped her but in the empty chair next to our daily customer. “We put all of that stuff in her apartment since it was along the way.” She shrugged, quickly snatching Hyoyeon's drink and taking a big gulp of it.

 

“Yah!” Our dancing friend cried out, confiscating back the drink that was rightfully hers. “You have to buy your own!” She grumbled, protecting the cup as if it were her baby. To top it all off, Hyoyeon gave our friend a merong.

 

The dorky friend of ours looked at the counter top and shoved the money Hyoyeon never bothered to put away. “Here! Now give me the drink!” She cried out struggling for the cup of liquid.

 

The both of them clawed at each other for the one drink. It didn't really make sense to me though, Yuri could just make her own. She is the head drink maker here anyways. I shook my head as I set aside the dish that needed to be dried. Now drying my hand with a paper towel, I approached the counter and rolled my eyes with a smile. “Yuri-ah. Why don't you just-”

 

“My backpack!” Hyoyeon cried out, but I wasn't paying attention to that.

 

Instead, I reached over and quickly began to dab the liquid off the manila folder. Nothing could come out of my mouth as much as I wanted to yell at my worker. I think it was because my mind wasn't set on shouting words into the air. It was all set on getting the paperwork dry!

 

Quick shuffling happened behind me before a wet rag was quickly wiping up the spilled drink. “M-Mianhae Tiffany.” I heard Yuri's voice right next to me. “Mianhae. I didn't mean to. It just happened.” From the corner of my eye I could see her lips purse as she looked to Hyoyeon for help.

 

“Err...This isn't that bad anyways Tiff.” Hyoyeon said with an unsure voice. “I just have to buy another drink! That means more profit for you!” She said with a weak voice as her expression now turned concerned.

 

All eyes were on the manila folder that I was taking care of. “It's okay Yuri.” I finally said as I dried the thing off the best that I could. “See? The insides are still dry.” My hand carefully opened the front flap to present the first page. Little did I know-

 

“You owe that much?!” The trio said in unison. Their sudden outburst made me flinch as quickly shut the folder again. This was the first time I ever revealed to them, though it was an accident, just how much I had to pay to keep this cafe up and running. All eyes shifted from the folder to my eyes as their mouths hung open.

 

Suddenly, Hyoyeon fished out her wallet and began to pull out some money that I could only dream of having in my own hands. “H-Here. I wanna help Tiff. Take it all.” She stuttered as she tossed the money onto the dry part of the counter. Before I could even react, she started to dig into her backpack in search of any money she might have missed.

 

I quickly tossed the folder onto a dry section in the work area and gathered all of the money our friend had thrown onto the counter. I have to admit, holding just that much money in my hands felt amazing. But no, it wasn't mine! “Aniyo Hyoyeon! This is for your dance classes!” When she didn't react, I grabbed her empty wallet and jammed everything inside it before shoving it in her face. “Here Hyo! Take it!” My voice came out louder than I expected, but it was enough to stop my friend from searching for even he tiniest amount of money she had laying in her backpack.

 

Hyoyeon looked at me then down at her wallet and back up again. “Aniyo Tiff.” She mumbled. “You need this money more than I do. I can skip a couple months of dance class. You can't skip a bill's due date.” With a gentle push, her wallet was once again in front of me.

 

My eyes stared at the wallet for a good minute as I thought about whether I should take it or not. No, I can't. It's not right. I can't take money from her. I can't take money from any of them anymore. What kind of friend am I to take their money for my selfish needs? My lips pursed together gently as I shook my head. “Aniyo Hyoyeon. I'm not going to take it.” I muttered as I placed her wallet on top of the counter in front of her.

 

She grabbed the money filled item and clutched it tightly in her hands. Her eyes rose to meet with mine. “Then how are you going to pay the bills?! Tiffany you're going to lose this cafe if you don't do anything about it! I can't bear to see you close this place down forever! You worked so hard for it!” Hyoyeon shoved her wallet back at me. “Take the money Tiffany! You need it!”

 

I let out a gentle laugh and rejected it again. “Don't you guys get it? I've already lost this cafe. There's no way I'm going to be able to pay all the bills. I've been trying to figure things out for the past week and still I can't think of anything. More customers won't cut it, if I add more things on the menu then I'd have to spend money for more ingredients, and even donations from everyone won't pay everything. I've already lost this battle. I think it's just time that we start-”

 

“What about Siwon?” Jessica butted in. I just looked at her confused. “Have you thought about asking Siwon for money? He could probably give you some if you ask him nicely.”

 

My eyebrows furrowed. “I don't get it. You three keep talking as if he's this rich guy but I doubt that any one of us actually knows if he's got money or not.” I folded my arms across my chest as I waited for one of them to explain.

 

“But he is rich Tiff.” Hyoyeon answered me. “I've seen him around the university a couple times. He hangs out with the other rich guys that are taking business and law courses. Sometimes when I walk by, I hear them talking about how they just bought a new car or something. He's completely rich Tiffany.”

 

Yuri finally finished wiping the counter clean before stopping next to me. “It's your only option Tiff. Just, go on a date with him and tell him that you need the money. Who knows, he might actually help pay for all of the bills.” She paused for a moment to look at me right in the eye. “And you might actually like him once you get to know him.” Her lips pursed gently, as if asking me to give it a shot. “But that last part is just me making things up.”

 

I let out an irritated sigh. “I...I don't know.” My head shook in denial. “I need to think about this.” I mumbled stepping away from them.

 

 

 

 

I stood there for a while, just standing in front of the cork board reading his name and number countless times on that crumpled up piece of paper. Would it be worth it? What if he didn't want to give me any of the money? What if he wanted me to get lost once he found out what I was using him for? I bit my lower lip in thought as a full on debate raged in my head. There was always Taeyeon's wish that I could use too instead of having to talk to this guy. But then, I'd lose my one and only wish on money. Not to mention I'd loose Taeyeon. Would it be worth it to use my wish on something like that?

 

Then again, maybe this Siwon guy isn't as bad as I make him seem. I mean, at least his note is calling me a 'cutie' and not something completely derogatory like 'hot mama' or something like that. I shivered at the simple thought of how the words on the paper could have been much worse than they actually are. I guess what he wrote isn't that bad. I mean...written words are just words right? Anyone could read the same sentence with a different tone. Maybe I just read his sentence with the wrong voice in my head. Maybe if I just-

 

“Tiff?” I turned my head to see Jess joining my side. She looked at the cork board trying to figure out what I was doing. Eventually everything clicked in her head when she saw the pinned piece of paper I was standing in front of. “So, did you make up your mind?”

 

I glanced back at the crumpled piece of paper. Should I? What if he's just some arrogant jerk that just wants me in bed? What if he'll just use his money to get what he wants? I wouldn't want to come into contact with that kind of guy! Then again, maybe he's not so bad. Maybe he's actually nice. As my repetitive thoughts zoomed in and out of my head, I bit my lower lip again to hopefully gnaw on the right answer. It took me a while to make up my mind, but finally I was sure of what I wanted to do. I faced my best friend and let out a breath to relax myself before looking her right in the eyes. “Jess...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm gonna call him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Hello my awesome readers! ^^ I finally got another chapter up! Whoo! I just wanna let everyone know that I have started school again so please bear with my slow updates and what not. Aish. I got back to back Chem and Precalc! What was I thinking?!? Anyways! I'll be working on chapters reguardless of school and what not, just please be understanding with what I feel might be long updates. I can't really fool around with these classes you know?

 

Going back to the story! I know that there aren't that many Taeny moments in here. In fact, I even started to break them apart. Oh noes! >< I told you that I'd be adding drama for the next couple of chapters! [It's in the story feed. xD] Please don't kill me locksmiths! I'm a die hard Royal Family shipper! I love Taeny! I swear!

 

I know this chapter is more of a story filler than it is anything else so I wouldn't be surprized if you guys don't really like it. v_v Mianhae. Anyways, let me know what you think about the chapter, what do you think is gonna happen with Siwon, and what you think is gonna happen to Taeny! Dun dun dun!

 

-Jeo