You Thought Wrong

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 11]

You Thought Wrong

 

 

 

[Taeyeon's POV]

 

I can't stand him! I wish he would just die! How dare he! My mind was running with curses and thoughts that would make the Big Man himself ashamed of claiming me as an angel. But I didn't care. I wasn't an angel, per se, and I had every right to be mad! It was all because of that bastard! He thinks he could get away with all of that?! I don't think so! The worst part is...Fany-ah doesn't even know what's going on! She's completely love struck with that lying fool! But I know. I know exactly what goes on that my Troubled One missed. I've followed every date she's ever been on just to make sure she's not in any danger because honestly, I never trusted him, and I'm glad I never did!

 

I thought he was a Genie at first, this guy that made Tiffany excited after just the simple mention of his name. Peh! The minute I rested my eyes on that pathetic piece of flesh I knew right away he wasn't a Genie. Despite being as much of a bastard as he was, none of my Guardian vibes were tingling and not to mention he wasn't wearing any red. I guess that's the only thing I should be thankful about. I'd rather have Fany-ah go on a date with a normal person than one of those conniving little red suited bastards! But of all the people in the world that she could have feelings for, why did it have to be this idiot Siwon?!

 

Ugh! The thought of everything he said was driving me crazy! I just want to break his bones!...And I'm generally not a mad person! But him...he was making me insane! Fany-ah! How can you not see past his bogus lies!? I wanted to rip my hair out of my head, but thankfully my long locks could stay intact as I decided to just destroy the middle realm like every other angered Guardian that wandered here. At least, until they claimed a Troubled One to watch over. I hate the fact that Guardian's can't leave the middle realm until we agree to be with a Troubled One. That's why we envy those red clothed bastards on the other side of the river. Coming on and off Earth as freely as they want.

 

I don't know how long I've been wandering around the middle realm now, all I knew was that I was heading towards the river that separated the Genies from the Guardians. The closer anyone from either side ventured to the river of souls, the more the middle realm looked like nothing but a wasteland. Luxurious items of different kinds occupied the space, smashed and beaten to a value no one would desire. Artifacts and collectibles that once meant everything to us former living, now meaning absolutely nothing. This space where Guardians and Genies can release anger is given many names; no man's land, the dump, the ruins. Me, I call it “Broken Dreams” because that's exactly what it was.

 

Unbeknownst to many Guardians, especially the relatively new ones, every shattered and broken item in this area was something we once admired, something we treasured, something we couldn't live without while we were still alive. Whether it be the platinum record that led to fame and fortune, or the car that promised to protect its driver in case of an accident. Not every item was luxurious though, like me and my treasured item back when I was still alive; my hammer. Who knows where that thing is? The last time I saw it, I threw it as far as I could towards the Genie's territory. However, with the river so wide, I doubt it even reached their side of the river. I'm sure if I had it now though, I'd be able to throw it around the whole realm. Just the simple thought of that bastard made my blood boil!

 

The little things that Fany-ah completely missed began to replay in my head. It angered me even more. Ugh! Those texts and that sickening phone call! I should have just grabbed his phone and smashed it against his face...over and over again! That would probably serve him right. That idiot and all of those lies he spat out repetitively towards my Troubled One would for once be literally lumped up in his throat. Regardless, I couldn't get what happened out of my head...

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Rewind]

 

[Date 1]

 

“I'm going on a date with this guy named Siwon.” Her words that excitedly marched out of made me sigh irritably. I may not know who this Siwon guy is, but I know that a last minute date like this could easily be the wrong doing of a Genie. That's the last thing I want. I would never be able to forgive myself if I let Fany-ah fall in love with one of those people. I tagged along, a few blocks behind my Troubled One. She looked either too excited or really late for this date of hers.

 

When she skipped into her cafe, I decided to fall back and wait outside for the next man that would walk into Tiffany's shop. After a while, an expensive looking silver car parked directly in front of the cafe. I saw the guy check himself in the rear view mirror before smiling pleasantly with his reflection and stepping out. Peh. So full of himself. I knew exactly what it was like to deal with those types of people. He was nothing but pathetic in my eyes. There was no way this guy could be Tiffany's date. Then again, I'd rather have this trying-too-hard-to-be-perfect guy be my Troubled One's date rather than a Genie.

 

I rolled my eyes, expecting this guy to walk across the street to enter the restaurant. The other business was rather busy this time of night. Aniyo! He waltzed right into Tiffany's cafe! “Holy...Big Man...” I mumbled to myself. Perhaps I could take back what I said before? About this man being Fany's date? Trying to stay positive about the sudden situation, I took a breath to calm down. So that's Siwon? At least he's not a Genie.

 

Taking off my top hat to not accidentally grab Tiffany's attention, I peeked into the cafe from the corner of the closest window. I faintly heard him say, “This is your cafe? Nice. I like it.” Slowly he inspected the place while my Troubled One was starting to name the good things about her business. Suddenly, I noticed his irritated eye roll the minute his back was to everyone in the shop. It frustrated me that he didn't even care about what Tiffany was saying!

 

Eventually the two took a seat at one of the tables. There, I teleported behind the main counter next to the station where they brewed drinks. I made sure to stay crouched down so that Tiffany couldn't see me. As uncomfortable as I was down there, I was able to pick up the conversation of the duo. They talked about what they did for a living, what they did last week, all the boring topics.

 

“Blah, blah, blah blah blah.” Suddenly filled my ears. I scrunched my eyebrows into a line as I tried to detect the source of the nonsense talking. “Blah blah blah.” It all continued. Where in the world did this all come from? My eyes quickly searched around my surroundings.

 

“Yul, what in the world are you saying?” Someone spoke. It was one that I wasn't quite familiar with. My guess was that it was Hyoyeon. After all, this was the first time I ever met her.

 

Yuri sighed. “Well I don't want them to know that I'm trying to eavesdrop in their conversation. So I'm faking my own conversation. Just in case they get suspicious of us.”

 

Jessica folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. “So saying, 'blah blah blah' is your idea of us having a fake conversation?”

 

The dark haired worker pouted in thought, her eyes raising to the ceiling. “Well for now, yes.” She nodded with a smile. Yuri quickly cleared once and continued with the random gibberish. The thing I couldn't believe was...the others started to join in as well! My guess was that Tiffany looked their way and they tried to make this act believable.

 

Aish! I can't listen in with this! I quickly disappeared and reappeared directly behind Tiffany. I knew she wouldn't be able to see me here, unless she has eyeballs on the back of her head, but I'm highly positive that that was unlikely. My eyes quickly settled on Siwon, scanning him up and down once. His eyes were on Tiffany when she would talk, quickly divert away when her head would lower, and then settle back on her with a stupid grin the minute she would lift her head.

 

I decided to take a further inspection of the guy just to be sure he wasn't a Genie, despite how impossible that would be. Blue and white plaid shirt, regular jeans, and...what's that? I tilted my head more to get a better look. As he leaned against the table with one arm, his hand, that was out of Tiffany's sight under the table, was holding a little black rectangle. Concentrating on it I finally realized that it was his cell phone! I watched him closely as Fany-ah continued answering one of his questions. When Siwon would do so much as shift or even scratch his face with his other hand, he would look down tap his thumb against his phone. This guy wasn't even paying any attention to her!

 

Ugh! It angered me even more. I had to figure out what this guy was doing since he obviously wasn't paying attention to the girl in front of him. I transported myself outside, out of my Troubled One's sight, as I tried to brew up a plan on how to see what he was doing with his electronic device. Finally thinking of something, I quickly hung my top hat on a branch and took off my blazer, soon turning it inside out. With my outer layer now silk and shiny, and the slacks I was sporting, I would easily be able to imitate someone in a track suit.

 

I tried my best to time it well, right when their eyes were on each other and his phone was low. Unfortunately I couldn't get much of a view since I noticed Tiffany glancing at me as I jogged. Aish. Just play it cool Taeng. You can't get a clear look without her noticing you. I cursed under my breath as I was finally out of Fany's line of sight. Quickly flipping my blazer inside out, or in this case outside out, I slipped on my outer layer of clothing and snatched my top hat again. After a quick dusting of my outfit, I teleported right behind my Troubled One. This was going to be a tough one.

 

The minute Siwon claimed the fact that their date was ending, I knew I had to leave before Tiffany spotted me. I took a final look at my Troubled One's date. His phone was no where in sight and he finally seemed to be giving Tiffany that much deserved attention. Still, I knew that whatever he was doing with his phone, was apparently more important to him than this date. I soon disappeared into Fany-ah's apartment. There was nothing to watch over anymore. Surely that jerk would be gone and Tiffany would hang out with her friends before calling it a night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Date 2]

 

Fany-ah came home early again. Who's bright idea was it to have a back to back date? Rushing this 'friendship' was written all over. My Troubled One raced around her apartment constantly, blabbering about Siwon and her date last night. She did start talking about it when she came home after her first date but the minute she entered her bedroom, she never came back out until the morning. I began to get frustrated with how captivated Fany was with him, so I got myself a bowl of ice cream to keep myself cool. It was a new flavor. I like to keep things different. Before I could even finish half of the amazing dessert, Tiffany had already left for her second date.

 

Of course I followed her again, just to be sure about Siwon because after yesterday, his first impression wasn't very impressive. While crossing one of the streets, a car with its headlights off suddenly charged out of an alleyway aiming right for me! I panicked, suddenly teleporting myself in the passenger seat to avoid myself from getting struck. I didn't even think of the possibility of someone living sitting in the passenger seat. It was all instinct! My heart was racing knowing that I had just dodged a fatal, non-existent to the living, accident. Immediately my eyes locked onto the driver. What kind of idiot just barges out of an-

 

Immediately I glared at the stupid jerk that was smirking happily with himself. I so badly wanted to show this guy what happens when you mess with a Guardian, but then how could I explain to Fany-ah what happened to her date? My hands turned into tight fists as I just tried to relax. What in the world was he doing there anyways? I looked around the car and saw that the clock was displaying 7:59pm. Was he waiting there for his cue to go to the cafe? Ugh. Pathetic.

 

When he finally pulled into the same parking spot as last night, I disappeared to outside the cafe so Fany-ah wouldn't see me. After yesterday's date, I knew that he wasn't what Fany-ah believes him to be. Still, I can't prove to her that he's a jerk just because he doesn't pay attention and secretly messes with his phone when she doesn't even notice. Not to mention that he almost ran me over with his car. Then again, that wasn't much to pin on him that he's a guy she shouldn't trust. I need to wait for a better opportunity to actually convince her that Siwon isn't Prince Charming. Thus, the sneaky Guardian must continue to remain...well sneaky. Either way, I kept out of sight and just listened to their conversation from outside. The movies hmm? Well, that's definitely going to be an easier place to watch them.

 

It wasn't long for the two of them to leave the cafe and enter his car. The minute I heard the car's engine rev alive, I quickly popped into the back seat right behind Tiffany. Just so that Fany-ah wouldn't notice a white top hat behind her, I removed my head ware and set it on my lap. From there I relaxed, though not really, for the rest of the drive.

 

The cinema was really big. I don't think I've ever been to one of these places as an actual spirit. I've always spectated from the middle realm. Wait, yes I have. These are just a million times bigger than the last one I went to...however many years ago that was. Not to mention that the films here played the movies in color.

 

Thankfully there were some people bundled in jackets and coats the same shade as my suit. I also realized that lot of people in the building were also wearing white as well. Was there something going on that had to deal with the color white? It didn't matter since it made it easier for me to blend in without Fany-ah noticing me. I followed from a distance, strolling on the back perimeter of the crowd. I'm sure that if Tiffany ever saw me, she would convince herself that she was seeing things since there's so many people wearing white. I just have to make sure that I don't come into contact with any of them. Entering the room where the movie would be shown, I made sure to quickly hide in the back corner. The last thing I wanted was to be sat on when I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.

 

“Please be courteous to others and silence all cell phones. Thank you and enjoy the movie.” The recorded voice boomed through the speakers. From there, Siwon quickly fumbled with his phone. At first, I thought he was actually turning the portable device off, but instead, I realized that he was going through his text messages! I may not have the knowledge to send a text message with those recent gadgets, but thanks to Guardians being able to watch Troubled Ones, this wasn't much of a foreign thing. We just didn't know how to operate the electronics. He read a message, well so did I, but it intrigued me. The only thing that was sent was, “Tonight?”

 

Siwon worked his thumbs on the screen only to reply, “Aniyo.”

 

What in the world did that mean? I reread the message again but then I noticed the same conversation yesterday. It said the same exact thing!

 

[Message Received] “Tonight?”

 

[Message Sent] “Aniyo.”

 

That was sent in the middle of their date last night. It was the reason why his phone was in his hand and everything! Ha! Detective Taeng always finds her answers! I inspected the phone closer just before Siwon set the thing to silent and slid it into his pocket with the screen off. The text messages were from someone he called “Dumbhae.” That's a strange name. It's got to be a nickname. Either way, I was suspicious. Who was this “Dumbhae” person and why did they keep texting each other just one word? I wasn't trusting this guy even more now. That conversation was just too suspicious to me.

 

Throughout the movie, I watched Siwon make small contact with Tiffany. He would adjust slightly then “accidentally” touch her hand. Of course he used the whole I'm-just-going-to-stretch-and-wrap-my-arm-around-you method. Peh! He could have at least tried to be original with some things, but with someone like him, I guess some things were just meant to be wishes.

 

Despite my stakeout on the two, I was able to watch some of the movie as well. It was some Angels vs. Demons nonsense again. In this film, Demons could disguise themselves as angels who constantly wore white. Well that explains the crowd that's wearing all white. It's a good thing Genies are forbidden from wearing the same color as Guardians, otherwise some consequence would happen to them. There were some rumors from Guardians way before my time of a Genie who once tried to wear white. No one ever saw that imposter ever again. I don't know what happened, but I'm not planning on finding out when it deals with their boss.

 

I stopped paying attention to the movie the minute they said something about The Big Man going to destroy the world to punish the living. Obviously these movie makers knew nothing about the world after death. Heh, maybe I should make my own movie about it. At least that would be accurate to the core. Plus it would be a big hit because apparently the living really love those kinds of films.

 

Suddenly...

 

BAM! Talk about a heart stopper! Was that deafening noise really necessary?! Stupid movie. I checked around to see who else thought that was something stupid, but the audience was completely captivated! Aish. Taking a quick peek over to my Troubled One, I saw her face buried into his chest. It really irritated me seeing that. Not because Fany-ah was in someone's arms, but because Siwon had a stupid smirk on his face! It was as if he had that whole thing planned out and now he's getting closer to what he wanted. Eventually Fany-ah sat up, after having to really push out of his hold. Grr! Let go of her! I really wanted to break his arms. At least then he would let go.

 

Finally the movie ended and I hitched a ride in the car back. Their whole conversation was boring. Plus I was calling absolute bull crap on whatever he was saying to my Troubled One. His lies were so obvious. My only concern was with whether or not Fany-ah was catching on to all of it. Eventually we made it to the cafe where I watched them say goodbye. At least he didn't try anything, though that hug seemed to last forever. Ugh. The minute Tiffany entered the cafe and joined the trio that were just about to leave, I made sure to poof back to the apartment. I really didn't want to hear her version of the date. I already knew what happened...what really happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Date 3]

 

There she goes again, bragging about her date with Siwon last night. Fany-ah, I don't need to hear it because I was there. Ugh, how I wish I could say those words to her. I know she'd get mad though. What girl wouldn't get mad if they found out someone was constantly watching them? Especially when they wanted some time alone with someone else? Regardless of the repeat, I decided to just nod my head and let her go off about how she loved having his arms around her. Peh.

 

“I'd like to break his arms.” I subconsciously mumbled. Omo! Did I say that out loud?! I hope she didn't hear me. My eyes wandered the area in search for her, only to get an answer from her bedroom door shutting me out of her world. “Guess not.” I grumbled, serving myself a spoonful of ice cream from the carton itself. Why should I dirty a dish when I know that I'm going to follow her anyways? I might as well snack on something while I wait for her to leave again.

 

For their third date the two went to a local Chinese restaurant. I occupied myself at an empty table in one corner and watched the two interact. The place wasn't really packed since it was a weekday so it was easy to hear their conversation. Suddenly, my ears picked up the nonstop ordering of food from Tiffany. Aigoo, she must be really hungry if she's ordering that much. Regardless, it wasn't really as much as I thought it would be when the food came.

 

My eyebrows rose when I heard my Troubled One seriously call out to her date. That smirk on his face angered me, knowing that he glanced Fany-ah up and down once. I knew by that look that he was doing nothing but thinking dirty thoughts. I tired my best to shove my angry side out so that I could listen into what was being said. There I realized that Fany-ah was trying to confess to Siwon about the bills. She was stumbling over her words and from the raising and lowering of her head, I knew that she wasn't confident with explaining everything yet. “I have to go to the bathroom really quick.” She mumbled, standing up and leaving to the restroom.

 

The minute Tiffany was out of his sight, he grinned sickeningly as he stole another glance at my Troubled One's back end. I hated it. This guy was no good, but I knew Fany-ah would get upset if I would try to prove this guy as a fraud. I wanted to leave. What evidence did I have that could make Tiffany believe me? Tonight, he hasn't done anything wrong besides staring at her like a ert. On their other dates, he was texting someone. There's no crime in that. I had nothing to prove to her.

 

Just as I was about to leave, his cellphone went off. Hmm. Perhaps a quick listen to this phone call wouldn't be so bad right? “Yoboseyo?” He answered the minute his phone touched his head.

 

I concentrated on the electronic device to listen to whatever came out from the receiving end. Thank you Big Man for these mystical, angelic, super powers. Better vision, better hearing, and the awesome ability of teleporting wherever I wanted to.

 

“Hey! Am I interrupting your little date?” A voice questioned. Judging from the pitch, it must have been a guy that had called him. Maybe a best friend?

 

Siwon shook his head a little. “Aniyo, she went to the bathroom for now.”

 

“Alright. So then what's up Single Siwon?” The voice greeted...a little too happily. “Are you picking up the ladies?” A scoff. “Oh what am I saying? Of course you are!” A chuckle escaped from the phone, making Tiffany's date grin.

 

Single Siwon? Picking up the ladies? So that means that he... My hands balled into tight fists. I knew there was something wrong with this guy! He was no Prince Charming at all! Aniyo Taeyeon. Maybe it's just a joke. Neh. Fany-ah would never fall in love with a guy like that. Again I concentrated on the man and his electronic device.

 

“Shut up Donghae.” Siwon breathed with a chuckle. Donghae, that must be the person that's constantly texting him. At least I was able to figure out the identity of the mysterious 'Dumbhae' person. “I'm not that kind of guy.” I let out a quick sigh of relief, though my nerves still weren't calm. See Taeng? You're freaking out over nothing. I slowly nodded my head to my thought, but it was no where near convincing.

 

The man on the other line suddenly burst out laughing. “Since when?” He questioned trying to get himself to calm down. “What happened to last week and the other girls, hmm? But now that I think about it, you haven't talked to me about any other girl except one this week.” Donghae paused for a moment. “The only time you ever act like this is when...Oh ho ho. One chick called you huh?” I watched as Siwon grinned guiltily at the words. “Now you're trying to be one of those pretty boy, Prince Charming, perfect bastards!” Again the guy named Donghae burst out laughing.

 

Tiffany's date couldn't help but laugh along. “You know me too well.” He shook his head with that same guilty grin. So he was lying to her! I knew it! Why that bastard! He's not in love with Fany! All those things he told her really were just sweet nothings! All he's doing is just playing with her heart! I tried my hardest not to lash out at him. Only one person would be able to hear me but she was the one that I didn't want to hurt. I knew she would be coming back at any time and she just wouldn't understand.

 

Donghae's chuckle made me concentrate again. I was building hatred towards this guy on the phone as well, but mentally I was thankful for him calling. I probably would have found out this information about Fany's 'dream guy' when it was too late. “So when are you gonna bring this one home? Tonight?”

 

I felt my fists shake in anger. How dare he refer to Tiffany as 'this one'. Grr! Then it all clicked! Those one word text messages between these two was finally making sense! When Donghae asked, “Tonight?” He was asking if Siwon was going to be taking Tiffany home! I'm just thankful her date kept saying, “Aniyo.” every time.

 

Siwon's lips curved up into a sickening smile. I really wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off his face with my foot. Especially now that I know the truth behind this guy! “She said that she was going to tell me something important. I don't want to force her into telling me, so I'll take her on another date. That way we can have a 'mature' conversation. Tomorrow night I can promise you that it's going to happen.” He chuckled.

 

Tomorrow?! Ugh! This bastard! Thinking that he can just bring Fany-ah home whenever he wants! Does he really think she's that stupid?! And what does his friend have to say about this?! I quickly took a deep breath to calm myself down and concentrate, but even that was hard enough as it was. Nothing but rage was surging through me. How I was able to control myself was beyond me.

 

“Heh. Can I join in on the fun?” Donghae asked with a chuckle. What?! He's in it too?!

 

Siwon let out a chuckle that made my ears bleed. “Sure, but I want my one one one first.”

 

This whole situation was making me completely sick to my stomach! He wants to have with her! He wants to corrupt my Troubled One! My Fany-ah! Judging by the conversation, this wouldn't be the first time he's done something like this either. He wanted to do all of those filthy things with Fany-ah. So what? He could have a higher number on how many girls he's been with?! On top of that, his friend wanted to play along as well! That was the last straw. This good for nothing fake was going down!

 

I quickly stood up from my lonely table of one, not caring of the surrounding dinner guests that I startled with my chair's sudden screeching. Immediately I rushed to that bastard's side and pulled my fist back. Aniyo Taeyeon! You can't come into contact with the living! Grr! If there was no downside to any physical contact then I would have gladly put my fist through his head over and over again! Even if he couldn't feel it!

 

Still enraged, I needed to find out how to release my anger towards this guy. I sat in Tiffany's seat and glared at the two-timing bastard that sat across from me. “You're worthless.” I grumbled, leaning across their half eaten dinner. My eyes scanned this guy over once. “You don't deserve to be with someone like that.” I felt my fists tighten. “You're nothing but lies.”

 

Suddenly, Siwon's eyes widened. Did he hear me? Good! I wanted him to know what I thought! That good for nothing piece of- “I gotta go Donghae. She's coming back.” He rushed into the cellphone.

 

Before my Troubled One's date could hit the button to hang up, a quick, “Reel her in!” emerged from the phone. However, with Siwon's eyes still glued on the girl I care about, I knew he didn't even hear his friend.

 

I glanced over in the direction he was focusing at. There I spotted Tiffany looking right at me. I exhaled through my nostrils, not caring if she saw me or not. I wanted her to get the hint that I was there for a reason. She's a smart girl, I'm sure of that. Hopefully she'll realize that seeing me tonight meant more than just checking up on her. It's because I know something's wrong. She needs to figure that out too.

 

Just like that, I vanished. There was only one place I would go to now, and that was back to the apartment. I wasn't planning on listening to the whole rerun of the date back in the cafe and I certainly didn't want to go back in the car with a suspicious Fany. I might as well let her enjoy the rest of her date because I wasn't planning on letting her go on another one without her knowing the truth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“TaeTae I'm back!” I heard Fany-ah call out...a little too happily. It irritated me with how she didn't know the truth. I had to tell her about Siwon before she got attached to that lying bastard. The thought of that phone conversation really irked me. I had to fold my arms so that I wouldn't come off as too intimidating with my now tightened fists.

 

The minute she opened the door, I exhaled softly, trying my hardest to stay calm. Just stay calm Taeyeon. Ask her about the date. I told myself that I had to sound unfazed compared to before she left. The last thing I would want is for her to think that I would be set off like a firework. Still, the thought of her being with Siwon angered me. “So how was your date?” I grumbled between my gritted teeth. “Was Siwon completely 'dreamy' again?” I hissed slightly. Doing the complete opposite of what I wanted was never really a good sign. That meant that my body was going to do things without my control. I had to regain myself.

 

I found it best to block her answer out of my head. It would just be another repeat of what happened at the restaurant and I already knew everything that really happened. Siwon's conversation with that Donghae person replayed again in my head. It sickened me, their plan that they had made up. I knew I had to get my attention off of that phone call.

 

Suddenly my ears picked up Tiffany's voice again. “Oh, and he tried to kiss me when he dropped me off back at the cafe.” My breath hitched involuntarily. Just the thought of her kissing that bastard made me nauseous. “But I didn't let him.” I wouldn't be able to explain the gigantic wave of relief that swept over me when I heard the second part. Her lips weren't tainted with those filthy lips of his. That was when I was sure Tiffany was smart enough to not fall in love with a fool like him. “But Tae?” I rose my eyebrows to her. “I think I'm falling in love with him.”

 

Hearing those words made me freeze for moment as I tried to let everything register. “WHAT?!” Did I hear her right?! Did she say she was falling in love with him? With that man who didn't care about her? With the guy that had phone conversations via text and talk about having her in bed with them?! God I hope I heard her wrong! My brain didn't want to register anything that had slithered out , but I knew from those eye smiles of hers that she had indeed said those words.

 

After she had repeated everything once more, I felt like my ears were bleeding. How could she say such a thing about that sort of guy?! My mind was completely jumbled and words started to pour out of my own mouth that I couldn't comprehend. I just didn't want to believe any of this! I don't know what I said, or if I even made proper sentences, but I knew that I couldn't be calmed down anymore. How could Fany-ah love him?! Him?! Of all the people in the world that were living!

 

“I don't understand why you're like this TaeTae!” She suddenly hollered. Her eyebrows were scrunched together. Was she mad that I was acting like this? Really?! She's mad that I know what really happened behind her back?!

 

I still wasn't in my right mind when I charged for her, yelling something I wasn't even sure was a full sentence. I had to regain my senses. This conversation was going no where! But still my blood was boiling too much to calm myself down. “You don't know what he's really like!” I managed to consciously say, stopping right in front of Tiffany. I so badly wanted to just grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her! Maybe then she would be able to try and realize that Siwon wasn't who he seems to be.

 

Suddenly she folded her arms and stuck out a hip. “How would you know?!” Her voice challenged me with such attitude. Right there I knew everything was wrong. She really was falling for this jerk. From the look in her eyes, whatever she was thinking was her new found belief. I wouldn't be able to convince her that Siwon was nothing but a two timing player. Tiffany really was love struck over him.

 

I hesitated with an answer. There were so many things I wanted to say just to have her believe me. I've followed you on your dates. I've seen the things that you miss...I care for you. Still, I knew that she wouldn't understand. Whatever accusation and evidence I threw at her would just be deflected in her mind. She wouldn't understand at all. What could I do anyways? I was just a Guardian, forever a mystical being that would be forgotten from her memory the minute she finishes the sentence, “I wish...”

 

My chest began to ache, knowing how I was losing not only this argument, but also my Troubled One. Maybe I should stop being so selfish and not care about who she loves. It's obvious that the person she wants to be with was someone that was living. This was reality...and I wasn't a part of it. “You know what? Fine. Go and be with him.” My voice shook and the words felt like acid on my tongue. I distanced myself from Fany-ah, not wanting her to see just how hurt and weak I was getting from this. “When you find out his true intentions, you're gonna wish you listened to me.” My hand rose, trying to wag my finger at her, but it didn't work. I was too weak with reality to even move.

 

“Just watch.” I warned her. It wasn't much of an explanation, but I just couldn't get myself to talk, especially when I was about to break like this. I felt my eyes begin to water. Peh. I'm so pathetic. I should have learned from last time to not do this sort of thing again. It always ended with me being hurt. How could I be such an idiot? My eyes began to well and I knew that it was time for me to leave to the only place where she couldn't follow me.

 

 

 

My world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Happy Birthday Taeyeon! Phew! I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to upload this in time but I'm still good! It's stil March 9th over here! What better way to celebrate than with an upload all about Taeyeon! Whoop!

 

Mianhae for taking so long readers. I'm just so packed with schooling again. Seriously, I took like 4 exams and quizes last week and was bombarded with back to back homework the weeks before. Aigoo. I'm so brain dead! x_x Thankfully I was able to work on this with the little spare time I had left! Aish!

 

Anyways, here's the latest chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed! Or not, you know, cuz Taeny is still mad at each other in this. v_v I'm such a bad author. T^T Mianhae! OTL College is just really kicking my here! Let me know what you think! All comments are welcomed!

 

Dongsaeng! Rewriting a chapter in my point of view does NOT make me forgive you for all of the SiFany moments! You only proved him to be a jerk!

 

TaeTae, don't be mad at our little author-saeng. Especially on your birthday. You should be happy. ^^

 

Tiffany-unnie's right! Here you go Taeyeon-unnie! Happy Birthday!!! *presents birthday cake*

 

...What flavor is it?

 

Ice cream! ^^

 

...=_= I forgive you...THIS time.

 

-Jeo