The Rich Man's Hand

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 10]

The Rich Man's Hand

 

 

 

[Ring. Ring.]

 

“Yoboseyo?” A deep husky voice answered.

 

With a hesitant breath, Tiffany forced herself to smile even though she knew the latter couldn't see her. “Annyeong.” The cafe owner greeted with a shaky voice. “Is this Siwon?”

 

“Neh. This is he. May I ask who's calling?” The same voice responded.

 

Tiffany was silent for a moment, too captivated with his politeness. “Uhm. This is Tiffany Hwang.” She took a quick breath to calm her nerves. “I'm the girl you gave your number to a week ago in the cafe.”

 

The sound of someone breathing in and chuckling was the man's response. “Ah, now I remember. It took you a while to call back, don't you think?” He questioned with a joking tone.

 

With a guilty giggle, Tiffany hung her head and scratched the back of her head. “Neh. Mianhae. I was just so busy last week. I hope you understand.”

 

“Oh, don't worry about it Ms. Hwang. We all have important things to tend to.” Siwon chuckled. Oddly enough, it made her stomach flip...just a little. “May I ask why you're calling?”

 

The cafe owner suddenly imagined this man smirking with the phone to his head. Though her memory of him wasn't that great, she wasn't sure if she was supposed to feel uneasy...or flattered. “Oh, well, the thing is...” Her voice trailed off as she tried to remember the not so desperate excuse to meet with him. “Uhm...I finally have some free time this week and I was wondering if you would like to hang out together.”

 

There was a pause before Siwon responded with, “You mean a date?”

 

Date. That word made Tiffany stiffen. Did she really wanna call it that? It's just a small get together. She shook her head as if trying to lessen the value of that word more than it really meant. It's not a date. It's a get together. Her lips pursed tightly as she tried to build the confidence to correct him. “Neh.” She accidentally slipped. Omo! Tiff! What did you just-

 

“Great! I'll pick you up at 8 o'clock tonight.” He said with a chuckle.

 

Tiffany froze. “T-Tonight?” Her head tilted to the side as she glanced over at the mounted clock on the wall. That's in just a couple of hours! The cafe owner bit her lower lip gently in thought. Should she go with him?

 

There was a slight pause on the other end. “Err...if that's too last minute then we could-”

 

“Aniyo. That's fine with me.” Tiffany reassured with a wary smile. At least now she was thankful that Siwon couldn't see her. Thoughts began to zoom in and out of her head about this guy. Was this really the right decision? Well, this was all for the cafe's sake anyways. She wouldn't get any closer to the bill money if she backed out now.

 

A gentle chuckle snapped her back to reality. “Arasso. What's your address so I can pick you up?”

 

Going on a last minute date was one thing, but telling him where she lived was completely different. She didn't want him to chase after her and know where she lived once he found out what all of this was really about. “Err...I have a better idea. How about you pick me up at my cafe? You remember where that is right?” Again she bit her lip in thought.

 

He paused for a moment. “Your cafe...oh, yes I remember. That seems like a great idea. So it's set right? I'll pick you up in a few hours?”

 

Tiffany nodded her head until she remembered that he couldn't see her. “Neh. I'll see you soon, Siwon.” Not long after, they said their goodbyes and hung up. The young cafe owner closed her eyes and let out a hefty sigh before turning around and slipping her phone into her pocket. What did I just do? Her mind was completely jumbled. It wasn't filled with what she should wear or where he would take her. No, she was wondering if doing this was right. As much as her heart was telling her to cancel on him and just accept the failing cafe, her mind was more controlling, telling her that she needed to do it. For the cafe.

 

When she finally opened her eyes, a big pair of curious brown orbs were staring right at her...a little too close for comfort. “So what did he say? Did he agree? Where are you guys going?” The ambush of questions came from the girl Tiffany wasn't expecting to ask her. Then again, she mentally saw it coming as well.

 

“Sheesh Jess. Easy with the questions will you?” The shop owner took a few steps to distance themselves. “He said that he's going to come pick me up here tonight.” Tiffany nodded at her own words wondering if she missed anything important from the phone call.

 

Jessica's eyes suddenly widened at the new information. “Tonight?!” Her voice caught the attention of the other two who were anxiously waiting at the bar-like counter. Both of which were leaning eagerly over the counter to eavesdrop on the conversation. The duo listened intently, Yuri with a small smirk on her face while Hyo...wasn't exactly on board with the whole idea. But what could she do? This was the shop owner's last resort after all.

 

Tiffany nodded her head to her best friend. “Neh. He's gonna be coming over here to pick me up. I don't know what we're gonna do exactly, but he sounded like he had something planned.” The shop owner simply shrugged while she strolled towards the curious duo who heard every word.

 

Skeptical Hyoyeon looked right in Tiffany's eyes. “By 'something planned' you don't mean taking you to his place do you?” Her lips twisted anxiously. Her hands cupped her newly brewed drink tightly. The last thing she'd want for her friend is to go to desperate measures just to save this cafe.

 

Everyone's eyebrows rose to their dancing friend's words. “Mwo?!” Tiffany questioned, her voice being a few decibels higher than usual. “Hyo if he does try doing that, I'm definitely not going to agree!” The shop owner caught the relieved face that her friend now showed. “But honestly, I don't think he's planning that. He was actually really nice on the phone. I just hope he's really like that in person.”

 

“Well don't doubt him right away!” Yuri suddenly blurted. “If you think he's some big fake then you're just gonna spend all your time trying to find something wrong with him instead of trying to know him.”

 

Tiffany's lips twisted slightly at her worker's words. “I guess you're right.” She agreed, spotting Jessica's head bobbing up and down as well. “I'll just play it cool. Then when the time's right, I'll let him know about the cafe's struggle.”

 

To the side, Jessica smiled. “And if he likes you enough, you two might actually start dating.” She said rather victoriously as she nudged her friend's arm.

 

“Neh! Tiffany is finally gonna be in a relationship!” Yuri erupted happily. One of her hands then went under her eyes as she began brushing away invisible tears. “Our little Tiff is finally growing up!”

 

The still skeptical Hyoyeon kept close. In her thoughts, she wasn't finding any of this right. If Tiffany didn't want to take their money, how does taking a stranger's money suddenly become acceptable? No way was she jumping on this bandwagon of using people. It just...wasn't right. She took a small sip of her drink, but even that started to taste bitter, just like this whole plan.

 

From the corner of her eyes, Tiffany spotted Hyoyeon's sudden change in behavior, but she didn't want to point it out. With her co-workers all gung ho on this plan, she knew that acknowledging her friend's silence would only make the two bombard Hyoyeon with anything to make her agree.

 

“So what time is he going to be coming here to pick you up?” Jessica's voice suddenly caught her attention. Tiffany's eyes settled on her two workers that were so eager to hear an answer.

 

Recalling the conversation, Tiffany finally answered with, “He said he's coming here at 8.” Her own head nodded in approval as she was sure that it was the right time.

 

Yuri looked to the clock mounted on the wall. “Omo! You better go home and get ready! You don't have much time left!” Her hands began to gesture to the door as she slowly stood up.

 

Tiffany glanced at the time teller as well and shrugged. “He won't be here for a couple of hours. There's nothing to worry about.” She shooed the air in front of her and rounded the counter along with Jessica. The shop owner plopped her on one of the empty bar stools before whipping out her cell phone from her pocket. “Trust me, I'll keep my eye on the clock. There's no way I'm gonna be late.” While speaking, Tiffany reentered the man's number into her phone and saved it as one of her contacts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi TaeTae!” Tiffany greeted with eye smiles the minute she saw her Guardian in her kitchen. Before the white clothed figure could say anything, the shop owner had already rushed towards her bedroom with a loud enough, “Can't talk! I'm gonna be late!” That much was enough to snag Taeyeon's attention. Her eyes diverted away from the carton of ice cream on the counter and the empty cone in her hand. The mystical being watched her Troubled One barge into her bedroom then into the bathroom with a towel and another set of clothes hugged tightly against her chest.

 

Hearing the slam of the bathroom door, Taeyeon was finally knocked back into reality. “Err...okay?” The Guardian's head tilted to the side in confusion as her eyes settled on the bathroom door. It wasn't long for her to hear the shower suddenly turn on. I wonder what that was all about. Ehh. I'll ask later. Generally, Taeyeon would have monitored the one she was supposed to watch over and be up to date with everything, but after the morning door to the face, she decided on having her own alone time. Roaming the Earth on her own was a greatly rare opportunity. Guardians were only allowed on Earth when they have a Troubled One to watch over, and since her Troubled One didn't want her, she might as well take the chance to look around.

 

Despite the morning, everything went moderately well for the mystical being. Taeyeon found a lot of spare change in the most hard to miss places. Who knew that so many people would lose a lot of spare change? It wasn't hard for her to magically stash Tiffany's freezer with many different flavors of her favorite dessert. For now, it was time to pile that empty cone with three scoop fulls of the delicacy. “Hehehe. Ta-da.” She mumbled dorkily to herself. Proud of the stack, Taeyeon quickly put away the carton just to make sure it wouldn't melt while she savored the food.

 

Just then, Tiffany appeared from the bathroom sporting a casually fancy blouse and some jeans that hugged her legs lovingly. In her hands was a pink towel drying her flowing brown hair. She gave her Guardian a small smile as she shook her hair out from the pink water absorber. “Ice cream again?” Tiffany giggled with eye smiles before disappearing into her bedroom once more.

 

Seeing her Troubled One not even bother to hear an answer from her made Taeyeon wonder if she was still mad at her for pushing the whole bills thing. Why would she give me that smile if she's mad at me? Why would she even acknowledge me if she were still mad at me? The Guardian's mind began to jumble. Was Tiffany mad at her or not? She couldn't tell. What better way to ease the confusion than to eat the ice cream? And that's exactly what she did.

 

Tiffany's bedroom door opened again, revealing a beautiful shop owner who now had accessories and make-up on. The sight was enough to freeze the Guardian from taking another from her precious dessert, even though she already consumed one whole scoop. Instead, her tongue slithered back in before gulping down any words that would make her seem like a ert. “Where are you going?” Taeyeon finally had the sensibility to say.

 

Even though she heard the question, Tiffany was too occupied with getting everything ready to answer the mystical being. The shop owner grabbed a pink mini purse and quickly shoved her wallet, apartment keys, and cellphone inside. Her eyes rose to meet with Taeyeon before smiling happily at her Guardian. “I'm going on a date with this guy named Siwon.” She giggled happily, soon rushing through the living room while grabbing a jacket on the way out the door. “I'll be back in a couple of hours. Bye Tae!” Just before the door closed...

 

[Splat!]

 

Quickly the door swung wide open, the shop owner's hand still on the door knob. “Did you say something Tae?” Instead of hearing an actual answer, Tiffany spotted Taeyeon staring right at her. The only movement the white clothed being made was her blinking eyes. Then something caught her attention. “Omo! Tae I know you love ice cream but slow down will you?” She giggled with her eyes turning into crescent moons. “I gotta go now. Bye TaeTae!”

 

The slam of the apartment door wasn't enough to send Taeyeon back to reality. Her mind was still wrapped around the words that had excitedly marched out of Tiffany's mouth. “...Date?...” Taeyeon didn't want to believe that her Troubled One was going on a date. Did she push her that much to the point where Tiffany would go on a date just to stay away from her? Slowly, her eyes drooped from the front door to her ice cream that had more than halved itself from last time. It wasn't until she spotted the missing dessert on the floor did she finally come back to reality. “...Date...”

 

[Splat!]

 

 

 

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

 

[Date 1]

 

Phew! I wasn't late! Thankfully I was able to catch my breath before Siwon actually showed up. I still can't believe that he arrived at exactly 8 o'clock. His shiny, silver colored Mercedes Benz pulled up right in front of the shop and right away I knew he was rich. Just wow. None of us could afford that kind of car. Not even Hyoyeon!...And she was the richest out of the four of us!

 

Eventually he walked in and greeted himself to not only me but to the others as well. With best friend telepathy I could read Jessica and Yuri's minds. They completely approved of this guy. Hyoyeon on the other hand was completely skeptical on everything. Though she didn't show it to Siwon's face, I knew that in her head, there was something not right about the whole situation. The only problem was that I couldn't figure out what.

 

I thought that he was going to take me out somewhere. Like someplace unfamiliar and everything, maybe a place I've never been too. Instead, he offered to get to know me right here in my own cafe! His reasoning was that we were still strangers to each other and that he'd like to get to know me better. He didn't want me to pay attention to the fancy places he could take me. Siwon wanted me to pay attention to him...only him.

 

Well that did something beneficial for me and my friends. For me, I wouldn't have to worry about going to some foreign territory that I could never afford. As for my friends, they would be able to make up their minds about Siwon. Well, Hyoyeon would probably be able to approve of the guy and Jessi and Yuri would be able to make the drinks for us if he plans on ordering. I hope he does order something though! I need all the money he can give to this cafe!

 

Surprisingly, he ended up buying everything for me. We were at a table to have some privacy to ourselves and every time one of us would want something, he'd be such a gentleman and order. Not once did he let me get up. He was treating me like a Princess! He bought a couple of drinks for us and we got to talk to each other. The trio were having some small talk at the bar but occasionally I caught them glancing over at us. Yuri would give me a thumbs up, Jessica would smile and shoo me to turn my attention back on him, and Hyoyeon...well it still seemed like she didn't make up her mind about this guy yet.

 

There was one time I could have sworn I saw Taeyeon, but I guess my eyes were deceiving me. The person I saw was jogging by and had no top hat on. They were probably just going for an evening run while it was cool outside. That way they wouldn't get too hot. It's just that they so happened to be wearing an all white track suit. Yeah, that's it. Was this a way for my brain to tell me that I shouldn't forget about my Guardian on this date? I don't know. One thing was for certain though, I wouldn't be using my wish tonight. That's saving my Guardian from leaving right?

 

In the end, I really enjoyed our date. Siwon was really nice and he actually made me laugh a couple of times without even trying. I hate to admit it, okay probably not hate, but I felt like there was a bit of a...connection between us. Maybe just a little? Either way, I wouldn't mind spending more time with him.

 

“I guess our date's going to end soon, but I was wondering if you'd like to join me for another one?” Siwon suggested with a half smile. His eyes were staring right at me as he waited for an answer. Wow, I had his whole attention. That's something you don't really see in a guy now-a-days.

 

“...from there they will follow you around everywhere and annoy you to death...” I felt my breath hitch silently as Taeyeon's words about a Genie came into my head. Immediately my eyes scanned the table between us. Did I accidentally accept something he offered?! My vision went from one thing to the other. Nope, nothing here looked antique. In fact, everything here came from whatever the cafe sold. Still, there's only one way to find out if he is a Genie.

 

My eyes scanned his attire, blue jeans and a plaid shirt that had light blue and...white? If Genies and Guardians were immortal enemies, then why would he want to wear the color of the enemy? That made no sense. Plus if he were a Guardian then he would be in all white...right? Taeyeon wears a completely white outfit so maybe all the other Guardians in the world only wear white. Either way, I didn't find a thread of red on him. So...he's a normal guy? “Err...if you don't want to then that's fine too.”

 

His husky voice knocked me back to my senses. “Huh? Oh! Aniyo Siwon. I'd love to go on another date with you.” I gave him a quick eye smile to make sure he believed me. Secretly, I really did want to go on another date with him. This time...not just to get closer to the money.

 

Siwon smiled pleasantly and nodded. “Great. How about tomorrow? Same time same place?” He took this chance to finish the rest of his drink while he waited for me to answer. I didn't reply though. I was too dumbfounded on how quickly he wanted to have a second date with me! Still, he's a nice guy judging from today so it wouldn't be that bad right? Hearing no response from me, Siwon lowered his now empty cup and chuckled. “Don't worry, I'm planning on taking you the movies.” He gave me a half smile that, I admit, looked kind of cute. “So what do you say?”

 

I presented him my eye smiles again and nodded. “Neh.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Date 2]

 

Just like last night, the girls covered the cafe while I went home to get ready. Thankfully this time I was able to manage my time better and actually prepare myself without rushing. I saw Taeyeon when I got home, but I couldn't do much talking since I didn't really want to get late for my next date with Siwon. We did some small talk while I was zooming in and out of my room and the bathroom constantly. I told her the short version about my date last night since I ended up falling asleep the minute I stepped into my bedroom.

 

Honestly, Taeyeon didn't look too fazed about the date. It was as if what I was saying went in one ear and out the other. Was she mad at me? One thing was certain though, my Guardian sure looked happy with that bowl of ice cream she was eating from. Aigoo, this girl really loves it doesn't she? I'm not that concerned on where she gets the food from though. She did say that she buys it right? In the end, I had to quickly leave TaeTae and her lover before coming back to the cafe.

 

Siwon met up with me at the cafe again, right on the dot. I'm glad he wasn't the type to keep me waiting. He greeted not just me, but the others as well. It was so easy to tell how happy Yuri and Jessica were for me. Did they forget that we aren't even officially dating yet? Hyoyeon greeted him nicely, but I could tell that she still wasn't convinced about something.

 

In the end, Siwon bid the other three goodbye as the two of us were already on our way to the movies. The movie he suggested wasn't a horror film, so I'm glad I won't be having any nightmares tonight. It was an action suspense movie that had just come out so there were a lot of people at the cinema.

 

A lot of people were wearing white jackets and shirts with the movie title printed across the front. Apparently, this was a much anticipated movie that had never come across any topic of conversation I've been in. Well, when you're in your office constantly doing paperwork all by yourself, aside from a quiet Guardian, you don't really keep up to date with the latest tabs. I swear, so many people were wearing white that I probably wouldn't even notice if Taeyeon walked by or not! I do have to admit, one girl really did look like her, but again, no top hat. That was my Guardian's main piece of clothing! No top hat, no Guardian.

 

As we picked our spots, I couldn't tell you how many people in white there were! It was a complete sea of white. Still, my Guardian wasn't here. For all I knew she was probably out buying more ice cream. Me on my dates would be her days off right? She didn't need to supervise me or anything. Taeyeon could go out and buy as much ice cream as she wants! Hmm, maybe I should check how much she really bought when I get home.

 

Just before the movie started, Siwon didn't just silence his cell phone, he completely turned it off! He even offered turning mine off too but I refused. I wouldn't want him to accidentally see the text messages Yuri and Jessica were sending, constantly asking me to flirt with him. Aish. These two. Anyways, I found it pretty attractive that he gives his full attention to something or someone.

 

Throughout the movie, he would wrap his arm around me. Especially during those scary music parts that gets your heart racing. I felt so safe in his arms. I admit that I didn't want him to let go of me, but I would reluctantly lean away when he would remove his arm from around me to shift in his seat. Curse these uncomfortable movie seats!

 

When the movie ended, we walked out of the theaters in the sea of white. His arm was wrapped around me so that I wouldn't “get lost”. Nice try Siwon. I know you just like having your arm around me. Either way, I enjoyed his protection and I wasn't planning on telling him to let go of me anytime soon.

 

On our way back to the cafe, we were talking about the movie. The most typical thing people do after they just watched a film. He glanced over to me and smiled. “I'd save you if that happened in real life you know?”

 

I was taken aback a little. He'd do something as death defying as that? “But Siwon, we just met. Why would you risk your life for a stranger?”

 

He smirked. “Well if you still consider us strangers then maybe we should get closer. What about another date? Tomorrow night? We'll meet at the same time, same place.” He let out a chuckle as we approached a red light. “What do you say?” His head turned to me.

 

Another date? So soon? Could he even afford it? Well, of course he can! He paid for everything on our past two dates. What difference does another date make? Still, should I? Well I've only got another week after this one to pay for the cafe bills. If I don't go, then I don't think he'd trust me enough to help me pay for the bills. I have to go.

 

I flashed him another one of my eye smiles and nodded when our eyes met, if he could even see my eyes. “That sounds like a great idea.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Date 3]

 

Like the past two nights, the girls let me go home to prepare myself while they covered the cafe. Siwon told me that we were gonna go to a restaurant, but just as friends so there was no need to over dress. Again I saw Taeyeon in the kitchen. This time she was eating straight from the carton! Sheesh! She really loves it doesn't she? From the looks of the color, it was a new flavor from last night! Oh well, I'm not gonna pester her with where she got it. Tonight was another night off for her so I'll let her enjoy it however way she wants to.

 

As I hurried to get ready, I told her of yesterday's date and how Siwon kept wrapping his arm around me in the theaters. She found it cute! Taeyeon said something more after that, but I was in too much of a rush to catch everything. I think it went something along, “I'd like to be in his arms.” Aww! Did my Guardian like Siwon too?! Well he's my...guy friend....yeah, and her lover is ice cream! So I guess everything works out right?

 

My very gentleman date was at the cafe right at 8 o'clock again! Not even a minute late! How does he keep doing this? Considering that he's not a Genie, since I've never seen him wear red at all, and that he's not a Guardian, he doesn't have any powers to do this. My only theory of him being on time is that he sits in his car, a block away, waiting until 8 just to pull up to the cafe. That would be really funny if it were true.

 

Siwon took us to the local Chinese restaurant that even I could afford! I'm glad it wasn't some restaurant that I've never been to! The three that we left in the restaurant and I have been here a good handful of times so at least I wasn't staring at the menu like an idiot. Everything was in my price range! Plus, Siwon said that I could order anything I was in the mood for. So...I did!

 

After all the ordering, I felt a little bad at how much I actually ordered. I guess we're going to have to split the bill. Nope! Not even this time, where a majority of the food ordered was because of me, did he let me pay! He promised to cover everything and that I wouldn't have to spend a dime! Wow. He really does have a kind heart.

 

On top of this Princess treatment, he was a complete gentleman too. Siwon was very well mannered with how he ate, and that's the number one thing I pay attention to on dinner dates. He really was the Prince Charming I've been waiting so long for. If he's so perfect, and I'm spending so much time with him...why did I not feel so...happy? Now I know...the bills.

 

I wanted to tell him the truth. The fact that I was only doing this to get closer to the money he owned was secretly eating me away with all the guilt. But, agreeing to the dates wasn't completely because I needed the money. I liked the contact that we had between each other. How he would wrap his arm around me or hug me goodbye when he would drop me off at the cafe. No one else has ever done that to me in a romantic kind of way. His little touches, his jokes, his full attention on me...I loved it. Siwon is really a great guy. I can't live with myself if I'm doing this without letting him know the truth.

 

Taking a gentle breath to calm myself down, I looked up at him. It was now or never to confess. It was also now or never to pay for those bills. “Siwon...” I called out.

 

My date looked up at me with raised eyebrows. He had a half grin, as if seeing my face was what put it there in the first place. “Neh Tiffany?”

 

I felt my lips purse together gently as I thought about it. “I...I have to tell you something.” I made sure to make my voice at least somewhat serious. He needed to know that I wasn't playing around.

 

Siwon's eyebrows lowered slightly when he heard the tone of my voice. He looked so concerned. I didn't want to trouble him with my financial problem, but I had to confess to him the truth. “What is it Tiff?” His head cocked gently to one side. Oh how cute, even if he was looking worried.

 

My heart began to race knowing that I had to tell him. There was no backing out now. He had to know the truth. He had to know the reason to why I contacted him in the first place. So then what was holding me back? Oh I don't know, maybe it was the fact that he might get super crazy mad at me and leave me alone never wanting me back in his life. Yeah, that's a logical thing to do when you find out someone you've been taking out on dates is doing nothing but completely using you. Our eyes lingered on each other for a moment. I couldn't do it. “Can you hold onto that thought? I have to go to the bathroom really quick.”

 

With that, he chuckled and nodded. “If that's what you wanted to tell me.” Siwon waved a hand out as if telling me that it were okay to leave him. Ugh. He doesn't get it. Whatever, I need some time to myself. I need to really think this through.

 

Quickly I hurried to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. “C'mon Tiff. You can do this.” I nodded to my reflection in confidence. Enough of this game! I had to let him know! In my head I debated with how to say everything and how I should react in every scenario that could possibly play out when I confessed. Of course, the number one thing I wanted was for him to agree without any trouble. Then he could help me and I could keep him too! That wasn't selfish right?...I don't know anymore...

 

On my way back to the table, I couldn't help but stop in my step when I saw Siwon and someone...a little too familiar. Did I see right? Was there really someone in my seat wearing a top hat and white suit? Aniyo. My eyes were just playing tricks on me! That's it! Because the minute I blinked, that TaeTae illusion vanished. Yeah, there's no way it was her. My Guardian has the night off! She's probably back at home eating that carton of ice cream she was stuffing her face with. Just...play it cool Tiff. He won't notice anything when you're acting normal.

 

I sat back in my seat with eye smiles hoping he'd be convinced that nothing was wrong. “So what did you want to say earlier?” He questioned with another cute tilted head. Right before I could say anything, he put up a finger. “Hold that thought.” He said with a chuckle. “Whatever it is must be really serious and I don't think this is the right time or place to say it. So, how about tomorrow night we go somewhere fancy and have a date that's appropriate for serious conversations? A place where we can have a mature conversation and be understanding.” Siwon flashed me a smirk that was very convincing. “What do you say?”

 

A mature conversation? Be understanding of each other? What a great idea! That's exactly what I needed! But, could one more day without letting him know, hurt? Aniyo. One more day won't hurt at all. Plus, he's completely right. Tomorrow we can be more understanding of each other and everything. Not to mention I'd get a whole day to think about how to tell him. Yeah, this extra day is exactly what I needed. “I'd love that.”

 

 

 

[3rd Person]

 

Tiffany waltzed into her apartment room with a smile that stretched from ear to ear. “TaeTae I'm back!” She called out gleefully. Something in her really wanted to share this date with her Guardian. Tonight was indeed a great night knowing that she had another day to think everything through. Plus that meant another day where her and Siwon wouldn't be considered as complete strangers. Sure, maybe everything was pretty much rushed with the back to back dates, but she didn't mind it. They were able to talk and learn more about each other. Not to mention, she didn't have to stress herself with the bills that much.

 

Siwon was rich, no doubt, but he wasn't one of those snobby rich guys that believed that they could get everything they wanted with money. He treated her nicely all the time, seemed very well mannered, and could make her laugh without even trying. Siwon was very much the Prince Charming that she was waiting for.

 

Strolling into her bedroom, Tiffany found her Guardian standing in the middle of her room with folded arms. Despite the glare that Taeyeon was greeting her with, the shop owner flashed the other girl one of her eye smiles. Nothing could ruin this night for her. Everything was going her w- “So how was your date?” Taeyeon questioned bitterly. What's gotten into her? Tiffany tilted her head to the side with furrowed eyebrows as her Guardian continued. “Was Siwon completely 'dreamy' again?” Hearing those words from the mystical being, Tiffany could have sworn that her Guardian was talking through gritted teeth. Little did she know, it was because Taeyeon really was speaking like that.

 

Tiffany quickly pushed the thought out of her head. She didn't want anything to ruin this night. “The date was amazing Tae.” The shop owner bragged happily. Being with Siwon placed her on cloud 9, making her oblivious to the white clothed figure that was now getting irritated. “Tonight he took me to a Chinese restaurant and let me get whatever I wanted! He really is rich since he paid for the whole check! Can you believe it? What a gentleman.”

 

With a clenched jaw, Taeyeon slowly nodded her head while the latter spoke. One look was all it took to tell that this white clothed girl was not a happy camper. However, with Tiffany obsessed over Siwon, she wasn't able to notice the dark aura completely circulating around the Guardian. All she could think of were the sweet compliments her date continuously threw her way. It flattered her greatly.

 

“Oh, and he tried to kiss me when he dropped me off back at the cafe.” Taeyeon's breath hitched silently as she waited for Tiffany to continue with whatever happened after that. “But I didn't let him.” The shop owner said with a giggle. “I just didn't think it was the right time for us to have our first kiss.” Suddenly, the shop owner's eyes turned into crescent moons. “But Tae?” She waited for her Guardian to react. Just a simple raise of the eyebrows was good enough for her. “I think I'm falling in love with him.”

 

That...completely struck a nerve. “WHAT?!” Taeyeon suddenly boomed. Did her ears pick up Tiffany's sentence correctly? Was that really what her Troubled One said? God I hope I heard her wrong! Taeyeon's eyes scanned Tiffany's features. Now the latter looked completely startled from her sudden outburst. How would she be able to confirm what she could have sworn she heard wrong?

 

Responsively, Tiffany's breath hitched a moment. Should she repeat herself? This suddenly turned into a lose-lose situation for her. “I-I said 'I think I'm f-falling in love with him'.” Tiffany repeated skeptically, not wanting to upset the white figure any further than she already was. Then again, she was already expecting another booming voice from the latter.

 

Taeyeon exhaled deeply through her nostrils. She tried her hardest to stay composed, but even that much was difficult in this sort of situation. “You're falling in love with him?” Slowly, Tiffany nodded her head. “H-How?! Why?! Just!” Words could not explain how badly her blood was boiling right now. Nothing but anger and frustration was surging through her veins as she tried to solve this jigsaw puzzle with mismatching pieces. “What do you even see in him?!” The Guardian suddenly hollered.

 

Tiffany hesitated for a moment. She wasn't expecting those words to come out of Taeyeon. Was her Guardian...jealous? The shop owner gasped silently. Is TaeTae jealous of me? Does she like Siwon in that way too?! Thoughts quickly zoomed in and out of her head. The most logical of things not even clicking in her mind. Her eyebrows scrunched together gently as she tried to figure out the meaning of the sudden question. “I-I! Siwon, he-” Taeyeon's unusual behavior made it hard to answer her. Nothing could be put together to form a simple sentence. Everything was just lumping up in . How could she respond to someone that would most likely just get mad with every word that would come out of ?

 

“C'mon! Tell me why you like him! Tell me why you keep on going out with him! This past week you've been doing nothing but going on dates with him!” Taeyeon's hands waved around in the air between them. “Do you think that's going to pay the bills? Do you think that's going to make you keep your cafe?!”

 

Tiffany was nothing but confused. She had a plan on how to pay for the bills. Didn't the other girl know that? Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was just trying to help her out with keeping her focused on the cafe and everything but... “I don't understand why you're like this TaeTae!” Her eyebrows scrunched together confusingly as she tried to find the answer.

 

Taeyeon charged towards the latter, her hands in tight fists. Her onyx orbs were settled right on Tiffany's chocolate tinted eyes. “Because you don't know!” The Guardian roared when she stopped right in front of the store owner. “You don't know what he's really like!” Her fingers were stretched out, as if ready to yank all the hair out of her own head. Everything wasn't making any sense to Tiffany anymore. Was her Guardian jealous of her liking Siwon? Did the mystical being want to have the man for herself? So was Taeyeon really at the restaurant tonight just to try and be on a date with him?

 

Her Guardian's words suddenly sank into her head. “How would you know?!” Tiffany challenged with a stuck out hip and folded arms. She didn't want to believe that the guy she was going on dates with for the past couple of nights was really something he's wasn't. There wasn't one thing that she found wrong with Siwon. He truly was Prince Charming. What could be something that she missed? Maybe he was a Genie? No, because he never wore red for any of their dates...ever! In fact, Siwon wore white a few times. The only explanation Tiffany thought of for her Guardian to act like this was because she wanted Siwon for herself.

 

Taeyeon hesitated. There were so many things she wanted to scream right now, but she could already see the gentle brew of love in Tiffany's eyes for this guy. Not to mention that she also confessed it just moments ago. It made the Guardian's heart cringe at this reality. Then again, what could she do? She was nothing more than a mystical being that would grant her one wish. Then what? There was no use in arguing. Taeyeon lost this heated discussion...and she knew that.

 

With a deep sigh through her nostrils, Taeyeon's tight fists shook for a moment before finally relaxing. “You know what? Fine. Go and be with him.” She spoke as calmly as she could through her gritted teeth. Her heart cringed at the words that just escaped from . Taeyeon knew that she couldn't get through to her Troubled One no matter what she threw at her. There was only one thing to do, and that was let Tiffany do what her heart was yearning for. No, Taeyeon didn't want to let Tiffany do whatever she wanted, but she couldn't stop her Troubled One either. “When you find out his true intentions, you're gonna wish you listened to me.” Taeyeon warned as she took steps away from the shop owner. She pointed a finger at the latter as another breath through her nostrils escaped. “Just watch.”

 

Tiffany stood there, dumbfounded with why Taeyeon was acting like this. Her eyes locked right onto her Guardian's onyx orbs. Finally, she noticed the glistening effect in them. Was she about to cry? What was the story they so desperately longed to tell? Tiffany knew one thing was for sure; Taeyeon was hurt. She may not have sounded like it, but her eyes could never lie. They were sad...or weak rather. Something was hidden behind those watered onyx orbs, but it was all a mystery for now. Just before she could say anything, her Guardian vanished in the blink of an eye. Tiffany's worried orbs scanned the pink room, desperate to land on that white clothed figure. She wanted to start this whole conversation over again. She wanted to have a mature talk and be understanding of each other...but she was alone.

 

She sat at the edge of her bed while her jumbled mind ran in circles. Did Taeyeon really like Siwon that way? Her last few words sounded more like a don't-fall-for-him sort of thing, but was it because she didn't want the shop owner to get closer to the man of her dreams? What could she do? She was starting to have feelings for this guy. She could feel her heart falling for him and she knew he would be there to catch her. Then again, Taeyeon never lied to her as far as she knew. Was she over thinking what her Guardian was saying? What if Taeyeon didn't like Siwon and she was really warning her about an actual threat? Tiffany's mind was being pulled in two different directions and she just didn't know who to follow. Taeyeon...or Siwon?

 

Grabbing her mini purse that she took on her date tonight, Tiffany began to search its contents. She wanted to pull out her cellphone and give her date a call. As much as she cared about Taeyeon and loved her comfort, Siwon was the only one that would answer all of her questions. Maybe she could just ask him simple questions and see what his 'intentions' were that Taeyeon was supposedly warning her about. Maybe she could also find out if he likes her too. Was he able to be there for her when she needed him? Well, this was his first test. If he wasn't there for her when she needed him, then maybe he wasn't worth it.

 

As she pulled out her pink cellphone, the fortune from the cookie she had gotten just an hour ago came out as well. Instantly, the Troubled One slid her phone back in her mini purse and unfolded the fortune. Reading it just once, Tiffany sighed and plopped back on her bed. She laid like that for a moment, her eyes glued to the ceiling. The Troubled One rose the fortune in front of her face one more time and read the words out loud.

 

 

 

In times of trouble, follow your heart and not your mind.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Dun Dun Duuuun!!!! Omo! I'm so sorry it took a whole month to update this again! OTL Chemistry and Precalc are never ending homework assignments! Gah! I'm going crazy!

 

I'm already working on the next couple of chapters [they were the main ones that I was chapter hopping with for now] so hopefully it won't take another month to upload everything, but still, school is killing me! >< Please be understanding!

 

Anyways! I decided to reward you guys with this long chapter! It's the longest chapter I've written so far! So what do you guys think? I know, you hate me for what I've done! Mianhae! >< I told you readers that I had to break everyone's Taeny hearts for a bit! I'm so sorry! T^T But for anyone still curious of what's going to happen next, let me know what you think is going to happen! Plus! Share to me your guesses on why Taeyeon was all of a sudden mad at the end! What happened?!?

 

DONGSAENG!!! This is a TAENY fan fic! NOT a SIFANY! What in the world is wrong with you!

 

TaeTae! Don't hurt her!

 

Uh-oh! Looks like I gotta go! *runs*

 

DONGSAENG!!! Get back here!!!

 

-Jeo