Indirect Rescue

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 13]

Indirect Rescue

 

 

 

That's my girl.”

 

Those words, it made Taeyeon suddenly spark in anger. Who does this guy think he is? Acting as if he owns her?! My Fany-ah! The Guardian clenched her fists tightly as she tried her hardest not to lash out in anger. Oh how badly she wanted to just rush over there and strangle the man that was controlling her Troubled One. All because he had that stupid thing called 'money'.

 

Still, Taeyeon knew not to march over there and lose herself to anger and frustration. Not unless Tiffany really needed her assistance. So why was the Guardian watching from afar? She wanted her Troubled One to know what it was like to not have her around. After all, the last time she tried getting Tiffany to work on her bills again, she completely left her alone for the whole day only to come back saying that she was going on a date with this loser.

 

Taeyeon undoubtedly felt unneeded the moment she figured out Siwon took her spotlight. Now, she might as well let her Troubled One figure out what happens when she doesn't listen to her Guardian. Even if that did mean finding out the hard way. The mystical figure interlaced her fingers as she tried to calm herself down. She was determined to not get out of her seat.

 

Siwon glanced Tiffany up and down once lustfully. Knowing that she was now going to be his for however long he wanted her, he didn't bother with containing his rotten thoughts. A smirk grew upon his face as he locked his eyes on Tiffany's cleavage. With a husky voice he chuckled before saying,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

God...I can't wait to see you on my bed.”

 

That's it! Taeyeon couldn't take it anymore. Forget about letting karma hit her Troubled One. Forget about trying to stay calm. Forget everything she promised herself she wouldn't do. What he said completely crossed the line! Furious enough to have steam blow out of her ears, the Guardian stood from her seat and weaved between tables and dinner patrons towards the dining couple.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump. The loud steps that neared the table easily caught the shop owners attention. Figuring out what, or rather who, was the source of the loud noises caught Tiffany by surprise. She gasped silently, unable to contain herself from whispering a soft, “Taeyeon...” Were her eyes deceiving her or was her Guardian truly coming over? Could it be that the woman in a white suit was the knight in shining armor that Tiffany was praying for? I...I thought she was mad at me. Was she watching this whole time?

 

“Huh? Taeyeon?” Siwon looked over his shoulder when he spotted Tiffany's eyes on someone other than him. Finding no one in particular, the man looked forward again. “What are you talking about?” His eyebrows scrunched together confusingly while waiting for an answer.

 

Catching herself, Tiffany locked her eyes back on her date. “Err. Taeyeon. It means calm you know? I'm just reminding myself to stay calm.” She gulped, hoping that Siwon would buy it. Although, she wasn't completely lying, per se.

 

Siwon nodded his head to her explanation. “I get it. You want me to tone it down.” He grinned. “I can do that...until we're all alone that is.” His smiled widened with a dash of lust as he scanned his date's body over and over again.

 

Although words poured out of the latter's mouth, Tiffany wasn't even aware of what he had just said. Her eyes were instead focused on the heated mystical being that had made her way behind the rich man. Gently her lips pursed as she saw the intense death stare that was being shot towards the back of Siwon's head. Seeing one of her Guardian's hands pull back made Tiffany's breath hitched. If things were going to replay just like they did back at the cafe with Yuri and Jessica, then she knew that any physical contact the being had with anyone on Earth would just drain her energy. “Taeyeon.” Tiffany thoughtlessly called out, catching the attention of both people.

 

Hearing her name, the Guardian froze in place and set her vision on her Troubled One. Tightly pursed lips and strongly clenched fists remained still for a good minute before a deep sigh cued the body parts to relax. Eventually the woman in white was able to think straight again. Having anger control her was something she wished didn't happen, but thankfully the one she was assigned to was smart enough to stop her in time.

 

Unknowing of the mystical character behind him, Siwon held his hands up in a rather surrendering manner. “Arasso. I got it. I'll really tone myself down okay? I don't want you to get uncomfortable.” The rich man smirked, stealing a quick glance at Tiffany's bust line again.

 

Too late.

You spoiled brat.

 

 

 

 

Ever since the Guardian's appearance at the table, the once talkative table full of happy laughter turned noticeably quiet. The silence was enough to make their waiter ask if the food was displeasing. After hearing their answers, he figured that whatever argument they had amongst each other should be left alone. Tiffany made sure to take her sweet time with what little food she had that remained on her plate, pushing around the vegetables with her fork. Anything to keep her eyes off of her former Prince Charming.

 

When Tiffany eventually looked up, her gaze quickly settled on her Guardian beside Siwon, who was giving him a death stare he couldn't even see. Of course, the man across from her only figured that she was staring right at him for once. He loved the new found attention. Corrupted thoughts of him and Tiffany surged through his rotten mind, causing him to grin sickeningly. He just couldn't wait to get her in bed. “Yah.” Siwon called out as soothingly as he could. However, nothing but an uncomfortable chill ran down her spine. “How about we head out already hmm? I don't want our precious alone time to be wasted.” He sneered, making Tiffany cringe and look away. She certainly hated the lust Siwon had towards her.

 

Hearing the request made Taeyeon snarl behind the man that was clueless of her presence. “Make up an excuse to stay.” The Guardian ordered with a hiss. Her death stare towards the back of Siwon's head intensified as she tried her hardest not to come into physical contact with him. When Tiffany didn't say a word, Taeyeon turned her attention to her Troubled One and spotted the look of a blank mind. Apparently it was hard for the shop owner to think of something while she was under pressure. “Ask if you can order something else, like dessert.”

 

With a gulp and an unnoticeable nod, Tiffany rose her eyes to meet with Siwon's. “Err...Why the rush? We've got all night after all. How about we take our time here. Maybe some dessert?” The shop owner tried her hardest not to sound frightened, but even that was hard to do. Nothing but horrific thoughts of what would happen at Siwon's torture chamber made Tiffany scared out of her mind. She regretted everything having to deal with this man. All she wanted was to go home and forget about the whole week.

 

Siwon slowly nodded his head at her request. He might as well grant her last wish before making her do whatever he wished for. “Alright. That's fine with me.” The man looked around for their waiter, quickly flagging him down with the raise of his hand. Tiffany hesitated with reciting her order, just as Taeyeon commanded, reasoning that she could use the excuse of being 'indecisive' with what she wanted. Eventually a dessert was called out and the waiter was gone behind a pair of swinging doors. “Well that took you a while.” Siwon grumbled softly.

 

Pursing her lips, Tiffany diverted her eyes away from the man across from her. “M-Mianhae. I wanted to get a lot of things, but I wasn't sure of what to choose.” She fibbed, dropping her eyes onto the top of the table.

 

Noticing the change in Tiffany's behavior made Siwon sigh. The least he wanted was for her to be uncomfortable because if she wasn't enjoying their after hours activity, he wouldn't want to have too much fun. “Yah, don't worry about it.” His voice being suddenly caring. “Money's not a problem for me. As long as you're happy.” Siwon's lips tugged at the edges, trying to give off a sweet aura.

 

From behind, Taeyeon gritted her teeth angrily. The obviously fake image he was presenting made the Guardian sick to her stomach. “Tell him to stop being such a liar. It's pathetic.” Taeyeon grumbled under her breath. She let out an irritated sigh, rolling her eyes at the sight of Siwon trying to reach delicately for Tiffany's hand.

 

Hearing the mystical being's words made Tiffany hesitate for a moment, wondering if she really wanted her to say it out loud. It wasn't until she felt Siwon's hand on top of hers did she shoot back to reality. “You should really stop acting like that.” Tiffany said rather disgustedly. “It's pretty pathetic.” Her look turned sour as she glanced at him and then away.

 

“Wait, what?!” Taeyeon called out surprised. Did her Troubled One really say that to him? To the man who could possibly do whatever he wanted to her?! “Fany-ah!” The woman in white blurted out, trying hard not to make her voice boom and startle the other girl. That sort of action would be hard to make an excuse for. “I wasn't expecting you to really say that!” Taeyeon worriedly ran her hands through her hair that wasn't covered with the top hat.

 

Those bitter words that marched out of Tiffany's mouth made Siwon's smile fade to a straight line. Obviously he was displeased with what was just said to him and he knew that those words weren't going to go unnoticed. “Arasso. I won't try to be 'Mr. Nice Guy' anymore.” He spoke bitterly as he sat up straight. “I just hope you're ready for a loooong night.”

 

Silence.

 

Tiffany hung her head regrettably. She should have known that Taeyeon was just mumbling more nonsense out of frustration. It was just that Siwon touching her hand like that caused the spark of truth to ignite inside her. Too bad she was only able to contain it after some things were already said and done. “I'm going to have to think of a new plan to get you away from this creep.” The shop owner heard Taeyeon say. What was her Guardian's plan anyways? Well, it wasn't like Tiffany could ask out loud without being unheard.

 

The Troubled One sighed softly at the giant disadvantage in this situation. Communicating at this rate would get her no where near safety. It was nothing more than Taeyeon barking out orders and Tiffany doing what she was told. There had to be another way for them to understand each other.

 

Light bulb. Slowly, Tiffany reached for her mini purse on the side of their table. Just as she was about to reach her little pink tag-a-long, Siwon cleared his throat loudly to catch her attention. “What do you think you're doing?” His eyes ventured to the small purse before up at her face again.

 

Getting caught red handed made Tiffany curse to herself mentally. She obviously didn't think this whole plan through. “I...Well I was planning on going to the bathroom.” She halfheartedly confessed.

 

Siwon scoffed. “The 'bathroom'? Do you seriously think I'm going to fall for something like that?” He shook his head unconvinced. “I know that the minute you're out of my sight, you're gonna take off and probably report me to the police for some stupid crime. Aniyo. You're not going anywhere.”

 

Tiffany shook her head with a look of disbelief on her face. “Siwon, I really wasn't going to do that. Look, it's obvious that we'll be...spending the rest of the night together, so I thought that I should at least freshen myself up with some lipstick or something before we leave.” The shop owner settled her hand on top of her purse while their eyes never parted from each other. “You don't mind do you?”

 

Siwon tried his best to sense any lie hidden in her voice, but he failed to detect anything, unlike the white clothed Guardian in the background who rose an eyebrow in interest. With an approving nod, he watched his date slowly retrieve her purse before adding a quick, “That stays on top of the table for me to see.” Siwon now had a stern face, making Tiffany believe that if she didn't agree then something bad would definitely happen later on. Especially after that comment she said not long ago.

 

“Arasso.” Tiffany mumbled as she pushed her now empty dinner plate forward to make room for her purse. “Can you do me a quick favor though?” She asked, trying to sound as cute as she could possibly get. Opening her purse, the shop owner pulled out a small silver circle that opened up with the simple touch of a button. “Can you hold this for me?” She questioned holding out the half mirror, half makeup item.

 

A simple look at the makeup product was enough for Siwon to know that the thing wasn't dangerous or anything that could ruin his plans for tonight. With a deep sigh, the man across from Tiffany nodded and reached over to be the human mirror for a moment. Doing this one little thing for her wouldn't hurt, considering the fact that he was going to make her do many things for him.

 

“Gamsahamnida.” Tiffany said cutely, leaning forward with an uncapped lipstick to get a better view of herself. “This will only take a second.” She reassured. Everything after that was quick. Her eyes were on herself and she knew that his eyes were on her too, watching her apply the makeup to her lips. However, from the corner of her eye, she knew that Taeyeon had caught on to the whole purpose of this little charade. Once she was done, Tiffany placed the products back into her purse and the purse back to its rightful position. “So how do I look?” She asked with a smile and tilted head.

 

Taeyeon stepped away from Siwon's side to join Tiffany, grinning rather victoriously. “You look beautiful Fany-ah, you little sneak.” However, the Guardian's eyes weren't on her Troubled One's face. Instead, they were focused on her lap, watching the shop owner's thumbs secretly work their magic on the small electronic she had s out of her purse.

 

It wasn't long for a quick [Gamsahamnida TaeTae.] to be displayed on the cellphone screen. Tiffany knew that even though she could hear Taeyeon, they wouldn't be able to discuss anything verbally. At least, not without sounding crazy for talking to an invisible being. This was her best bet at straightening things out. Just as long as Siwon doesn't find out.

 

While all of this was happening, the man sitting across the table from the shop owner was glancing her body up and down constantly. Corrupted thoughts surged through his head until Tiffany's question managed to sink into his thoughts. Siwon smiled approvingly, liking the refreshed look, even though all she did was apply lipstick. “Heh. You look smoking hot. I can't wait to find out what your naughty side looks like.” His words were full of hunger, making Tiffany cringe.

 

Hearing the words that came from the man's mouth made the Guardian want to slap him in the back of his head for saying such a thing. Still, she managed to stay calm with a deep breath. Remembering what was done, Taeyeon lifted her top hat to run her other hand through her hair. “Fany-ah. You aren't really going to stay with him are you?” She questioned while repositioning her top hat back on her head.

 

Tiffany worked her thumbs on the screen of her cellphone to answer her Guardian's question. [As much as I don't want to, I have to. He's the only one I know that has the money to pay for the shop. Without him I'm going to go out of business.] She let out a gentle sigh as her eyes pondered around the area so she wouldn't focus on Siwon. Tiffany simply sat there, feeling the constant glances at her body from her date.

 

Reading the text on the device made Taeyeon sigh irritably. The cafe, it was the only reason Tiffany was in this sort of situation in the first place. Still, it wouldn't be right for Taeyeon to tell her Troubled One to just forget about the business. The place was dedicated to her deceased mother and the least she could do was respect the dead. Well, the good dead that is. Frustration and confusion jumbled the Guardian's mind, rendering her thoughts useless to brew up a plan. Taeyeon's face gently crashed into one hand, trying to get her mind back in order. At least she was sure of one thing; Tiffany really didn't want to be with Siwon.

 

After a moment of sorting her thoughts, Taeyeon lifted her head and stared at the now blank screen in her Troubled One's lap. “Alright. Err...I think I have a plan.” She mumbled, rather unsatisfied with the poor idea she brewed up. “You have to-” And just like that the Guardian turned quiet and motionless.

 

The sudden silence worried Tiffany. Did her Guardian suddenly leave her alone in a situation like this? She couldn't refrain herself. She had to look to make sure Taeyeon was there! Glancing up, Tiffany felt a wave of relief wash over her when she spotted the while clothed girl still next to her. However, the shop owner reluctantly peeled her eyes off of the latter, knowing that Siwon would be suspicious of her staring at an invisible figure. Tiffany's thumbs tapped on her cellphone to type out a quick, [What is it Tae?]

 

Taeyeon's wandering eyes managed to catch the short text. “I heard someone talking about your date.” She explained with a concentrating face. “Hold on, I'll be right back.” The white suited Guardian paused for a moment to listen in on the continuous conversations all around the restaurant, each over lapping with each other in terms of volume. There! In the blink of an eye, Taeyeon teleported from beside Tiffany to the small employee's lounge in the back of the restaurant. Her eyes analyzed the situation, finding two waiters talking amongst themselves. The two may have differed in gender but both were dressed in the fancy uniform required for the job.

 

“We're great.” The woman said with a smile. “He's been gone a lot though. It's either he's gone to work or he's at home sleeping.” The waitress shrugged as she tied her apron on, pausing for a second when she caught the words that came out of . “I mean, the man has three full time jobs so I'm not surprised that he's not around when I come home. But I don't mind it.” She spoke with a nod at the end.

 

The man rubbed his chin in thought of the whole situation. “You say that he's gone a lot because of work, but what if he's lying to you?” He suggested as he took off his apron. “For all you know, he could be out there hooking up with other women.” Both workers shared gazes for a moment before the woman looked away. “Look, I know you're a great girl and everything, but I just don't think Siwon is right for you.” The waiter shook his head disapprovingly of the guy they didn't know was out on a date.

 

A sigh slithered out of the woman's mouth as she looked at the man in the eyes. “Are you only saying this because I rejected you when you asked me out?” The waitress folded her arms and rose an eyebrow to the latter with a small smirk of victory. Peh. I wonder if she learned that smirk from jerk face out there. Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

Left speechless, the other waiter pursed his lips before clearing his throat with the lumped up words. “You know that I like you, but from a best friend's point of view, I really don't trust Siwon.” He somewhat pleaded, “Can't you just leave him?”

 

A simple eye roll was the woman's response, shaking her head in the process. “It's not that easy to leave someone. There would have to be a really good reason. You know that.” Her eyes settled on her coworker. “Besides, Siwon and I are-”

 

The door to the employee's lounge suddenly opened up, revealing a man in clothing that looked classier compared to the other two. It wasn't hard to figure out that he had more authority than the presented workers. “There are plates out there that are meant to be served to the guests Ms. Jung.” His eyes then diverted to the other man in the room. “And aren't you supposed to be off shift by now?”

 

Both workers bowed down 90 degrees to the higher authority, muttering a simultaneous, “Neh sunbae-nim!” The minute their backs weren't bent, the duo dispersed to their rightful places.

 

With a bit of a frown, Taeyeon watched the woman leave the room without saying another word. Releasing a sigh, the Guardian returned to her spot beside Tiffany. One of her hands propped her chin up while she thought of what to do to get Tiffany out of this situation. She was quiet as she tried her hardest to brew a plan in her head. Her mind replayed the conversation constantly, trying to get a lead on what to do next. Then her eyes caught sight of Tiffany's cellphone in her lap. [I was starting to think that you left me. What happened?]

 

The sudden shove through double doors, revealing a particular waitress, caught Taeyeon's attention. Her onyx orbs ventured from the worker, to the man across from Tiffany, and back again. She stalked her target from afar, watching her come closer to the dining duo before stopping a few tables away. “I've got an idea.” Taeyeon announced. “That's what happened.”

 

A quick glance towards her Troubled One easily revealed the sheer anticipation of the freshly concocted plan. She managed to type only one thing on her technical device, [Jinja?!] From the corner of her eye, Tiffany realized how Siwon caught her sudden change in behavior. The shop owner knew she had to make an excuse for her happiness aside from her Guardian's good news of course. “I think my dessert is here.” Tiffany stated quite excitedly as she spotted their waiter holding a sweet treat similar to the one she ordered a while ago.

 

Siwon glanced over as well, nodding slightly when he too spotted the waiter that neared their table with the delicacy. “Finally. That sure took a while.” He grumbled under his breath. All he wanted to do right now was bring Tiffany home since he was already getting frustrated with the wait. His urges were racing through his...well lower regions and he was eager to get some sort of satisfaction already.

 

However, when the sugary sweet treat reached the table, both Taeyeon and Tiffany were displeased at how small the serving was. How was Tiffany supposed to delay everything with a puny plate of food? No doubt taking her time with this would certainly make Siwon suspicious of the wait. The duo stared at the edible toy sized food in disbelief. Noticing the silence, Siwon tilted his head to one side. “Is something wrong?” The last thing he wanted was for Tiffany to order something else. That would only mean more waiting for him!

 

Hearing the voice across the way brought the shop owner to reality. “Huh? Oh.” Tiffany glanced at the food then up at him. “I was just expecting something...bigger?” Her lips twisted sourly at the food on her plate, shoving it forward gently.

 

A spine chilling smirk ventured onto Siwon's face. His mind was completely contaminated with thoughts that he tried to contain. However, he just couldn't help but be rather blunt with his words now. “Bigger?” Siwon chuckled. “Well, I sure have something 'bigger' to show you the minute we get to my place.” Again he chuckled. “It's all ready for you right now.”

 

Oh...my...God... The duo cringed immensely at the latter's words, making them sick to their stomachs. Tiffany felt fear racing through her body, trying to kick out what possible torturous things he would soon be making her do. Taeyeon on the other hand was too busy reminding herself not strangle the guy out of anger. How could he say such a thing?!

 

Taeyeon shook her head quickly to get Siwon's tainted words out. Going into a rage mode now would be such bad timing, considering the fact that she finally brewed up a plan that could get Tiffany to safety. Her attention quickly turned to her Troubled One and the waitress that was busying herself with other tables. “Forget about him Fany. Just listen to me alright? My voice. Only me.”

 

It took a moment for Tiffany to block out Siwon's voice as he began to blabber sentences that obviously had some sort of ual innuendo in them. Every word that escaped his lips turned the shop owner completely nauseous. She feared of what he would do to her for who knows how long he wanted her to. Then she remembered of her Guardian who was trying her best to save her from this uncontainable man. Her eyes settled on the being in white and concentrated. Eventually, she was able to only focus on her voice.

 

Seeing the slight nod, Taeyeon knew she had the other girl's attention. “Alright. Fany-ah, do you see that waitress over there? Just a little bit to the right of you.” To make it clearer of which worker, the Guardian pointed a finger at the woman who's back was to them. Again Tiffany answered with a slight nod towards her. “Good. All you have to do is get her attention.”

 

Hearing her rather simple instructions baffled Tiffany. That's it? The shop owner couldn't believe that her ticket to freedom from this deranged man was to just get the attention of one of the workers in the restaurant. [Uhm. Arasso. How should I do that? I can't call someone over without an excuse.] Tiffany's head tilted slightly to one side, her eyes locked on the half eaten dessert before her.

 

Realizing how his date was doing nothing more than just staring at the leftovers on her plate, Siwon cleared his throat, attempting to get Tiffany's attention. That resulted in a failure. “Tiff.” He called out. Still no answer. Now annoyed, Siwon took a quick breath before barking out her name. That finally caught the latter's attention. “I know what you're doing.” He hissed with a low voice. “You're just taking your sweet time so that we would spend less time in public. Well guess what, this date is over. If you don't come with me, then you better believe that that cafe of yours will crumble to the ground.” Siwon grumbled harshly. The spoiled brat, as Taeyeon mentally nicknamed him before, yanked off the napkin that he tucked into his shirt and threw it on the table. Apparently Siwon's frustration affected his aim as the shirt shield slammed against the edge of the table top before gently falling over and landing on the floor.

 

“Oh. Here I got it for you.” A waitress offered, squatting down to pick up the dropped napkin. Thankfully, it was the one that both Tiffany and Taeyeon were targeting since the Guardian's return. Standing up, the worker gave a small smile to the couple, only to have her happy attitude turn to shock when she discovered the dining couple in the restaurant. “S-Siwon?” She stammered, dropping the napkin onto their table, ruining the dessert that was never touched. Her eyes wandered over to Tiffany then back to the familiar man. The all too familiar man. “Siwon, w-who's this?” She pointed a finger at the store owner.

 

The man's breath hitched for a moment when he realized who was asking all of the questions. “R-Ryeo Won?” He gulped. “W-What are you doing here?” Gently his lips pursed as he slowly started to go into a state of panic.

 

The waitress shook her head displeased. “That didn't answer my question Siwon.” She pointed again at Tiffany. “Who is this girl that you're with?”

 

Siwon looked to his date hopelessly as he put on a weak smile. Deep down he wished that Tiffany would play along. However, the shop owner decided to keep quiet and let everything unfold. Karma was going to get him. She just wanted to know how badly. When the shop owner said nothing, Siwon knew that he was on his own. “T-This is just a coworker.” He lied horribly.

 

“Coworker?!” Tiffany lashed out. “Then what were those words you told me days ago hmm? 'You're perfect in my eyes' or what about 'Your smile brightens my world'.” She hissed, folding her arms irritably.

 

Ryeo Won pointed at Tiffany but her eyes were locked on the seated man. “How does she know all those things that you tell me? Huh?” Her head shook in disbelief. She didn't want to accept the reality of what could possibly be the very thing her coworker was warning her about. “Are you cheating on me?”

 

Siwon felt a cold sweat building across his forehead. “N-No of course not honey. She...” Words wouldn't form in head head, and even so they wouldn't slither out of his mouth in a convincing manner. What could he do to not get blamed for this? His attention when to Tiffany while his hands uselessly gestured to the seated girl, trying to blame all of this on her.

 

The waitress's eyes quickly flickered to Tiffany. Maybe it wasn't her man that caused all of this, maybe it was the other woman. “What are you doing here with my fiance?” She accused with a strong breath through her frustrated nostrils. Her eyes scanned the accused up and down once, finding nothing special about her. “Our arranged marriage is in a couple of months! Why are you-”

 

“First off,” Tiffany interrupted with a raised finger. If she had to be sassy for one minute, just to make the other girl understand, then by all means she was going to do it. “I don't know who you are but he told me that he was single.” She pointed accusingly at Siwon. Both girls glared at the man that was now sinking guiltily in his seat. He said that he hadn't been in a relationship with anyone for months.” Tiffany grabbed her pink bag and held it tightly. “And he said that he only had his heart set on one person, which was me. But you know what?” The cafe owner stood up and took a step away before facing the pair. “That's obviously all a lie! So go ahead and take your wads of money and shove it up your-”

 

“Wads of money?!” Ryeowon interrupted. She looked over at the man who's breath hitched again. “You said that your parents' business went bankrupt! That we could barely afford our apartment!” Her head shook from left to right, trying desperately to figure out what was a lie and what was a complete fact. When she stared right back at Siwon, she knew that this was reality. “And to think that I took on this second job just to make sure that we could have a stable home and here you are lying to me?! You told me that you rarely come home because you're too busy working!” Tears now began to streak down the waitress's face as she pushed past Tiffany and past a swinging door into the kitchen.

 

Tiffany looked over at Siwon with disgust and shook her head. “I don't even know what I saw in you.” She muttered as if the words were like acid. Turning her back to him, Tiffany rose her head high and walked past the dining people that had obviously witnessed the scene. So many things ran through the cafe owner's mind. Staying for the money was one thing, because deep down she thought that maybe she could make him love her in the long run. But now...now her hopes to be with him were completely over. She could never be with a lying and cheating man like that piece of-

 

“Yah!” He stood, now irritated with the fact that someone had finally stood up to his player-like ways. His wife-to-be was obviously out of the picture now...and so was Tiffany. The restaurant of people witnessed the whole scene, and there's no doubt that if anyone knew who he was the word would spread around school. His whole reputation would be ruined!

 

Siwon quickly followed Tiffany and grabbed her wrist, yanking her hard to spin her around. Behind him, Tiffany noticed a very heated Guardian who was sending another death stare at him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a large wad of cash bundled by a thick rubber band and shook it in front of Tiffany's face. “This money is what's going to save that failing business of yours! Now you either come with me and you can keep your cafe, or you walk out alone and watch that dump of yours go out of business!”

 

Tiffany glared at Siwon and snatched the money from his hand. “You can keep your filthy money!” She yelled, shoving it into his mouth when his jaw dropped at her comment. The cafe owner then pushed his face away before yanking her hand out of his grip. “And leave me alone! I never want to see your face ever again!” She yelled at the top of her lungs, soon walking away again. From the corner of her eyes, she could see many girls at tables and booths smirking and nodding approvingly, liking how she was able to stand up for herself.

 

Just when she thought she was home free, she felt another strong grip on her wrist. “You do that to me?! You aren't going anywhere!” He growled, squeezing Tiffany's petite wrist tightly. His anger filled eyes stared right into Tiffany's chocolate brown orbs. “You're coming with me.” He snarled lowly as he now began to drag his 'date' towards the restaurant exit.

 

Taeyeon hurried to Tiffany's side, her hand hovering closely over Siwon's tight grip on her Troubled One's wrist. Aniyo! This wasn't how things were supposed to go! Panic slowly began to surge through both girls' veins. What now? “T-Try to make him let go!” The Guardian suggested as she gulped hard. Her mind jumbled with many thoughts, trying to brew up a plan in her noggin. She walked beside Tiffany, careful not to bump into anyone. Her eyes rose to the helpless girl in the man's hand. “I-I don't know what to do Fany-ah.” Then it hit her. Tiffany's fearful eyes towards her made Taeyeon's heart sink. They both knew that if Siwon could get her home, let alone out of the restaurant, then something horrific would happen to the young cafe owner. Taeyeon wasn't about to let that happen.

 

The Guardian's hands balled into fists as she began to quicken her pace towards the kitchen. “Try to pry his hand off of your wrist Fany-ah!” Taeyeon ordered, walking backwards along the way. “You're in a restaurant with a lot of people. Call for help! I'll think of something.” She glanced over to the enraged man. “I won't let this monster take you.” Taeyeon said with a promising voice. Their eyes locked before Tiffany nodded and the Guardian turned her back on her Troubled One.

 

Taeyeon knew that she had to do something to save Tiffany's life. What's the first thing to do in an emergency as life threatening as this? Call the cops of course! Rushing behind the empty hostess stand, Taeyeon flipped the wireless phone off of its charger and dialed three quick numbers; 119. Her eyes quickly settled on the duo that was hard to miss. The fright in the shop owner's eyes was more than enough to make the her press the 'call' button. When she heard the operator on the other line, she knew her work there was done. Now if only the other diners would help...

 

Doing as her much trusted Guardian ordered, Tiffany used her free hand to try and peel off her date's fingers. “I'm not going anywhere with you! Let go of me!” She commanded, digging her heels into the restaurant flooring. That much stopped the heated man, but not for long as he now used more force to drag Tiffany his way. “S-Somebody help me!” Her head turned left and right as she made eye contact with countless diners. “Please!”

 

Many people stood, mainly men with a kind heart. However, before they could even lunge for the deranged man, Siwon suddenly pulled out a pistol from a waist holster under his blazer. “If anybody moves I swear I'll kill her and everyone that tries to be a hero!” He threatened to the diners. His hand waved around the gun with a strong grip. It was obvious that he had some experience with this weapon. When no one stepped forward, Siwon continued to drag his helpless victim towards the exit.

 

All while this was happening, Taeyeon was rushing around the restaurant frantically, yelling in people's faces that would never be able to hear her. “Go help her! Someone help her!” She cried out, going from table to table, person to person, all in hopes that a brave soul would stand up to that jerk. Then the Guardian heard his threat and spotted the pistol. It sickened her how this bastard had to cower behind a weapon just to get what he wanted. Taeyeon glanced over at Tiffany, realizing that her Troubled One's face turned noticeably paler out of fright as she stared at the firearm. I have to save her...But how?!

 

The Guardian looked around desperately. Everyone in the restaurant was frozen in place, fearing for Tiffany and their own safety. The people outside didn't even have a clue about what was going on! If I don't stop him now, this bastard is gonna kidnap Fany-ah and who knows what will happen to her! Out of frustration, Taeyeon punched one of the empty tables, startling the people around it when the silverware rattled mysteriously. The Guardian spotted the reaction...and it just gave her an idea.

 

Rushing back towards the pair, now nearing the restaurant's main exit, Taeyeon examined the firearm carefully. She couldn't tell if the gun was actually loaded with a full magazine, but she didn't want to take a chance with it either. Especially if that meant putting Tiffany's life in danger. There had to be something she could do to protect Tiffany. Finally, her eyes settled on the answer.

 

Taeyeon looked Tiffany right in the eye. “Listen to me Fany-ah. I want you to do exactly what I say okay?” Although her voice was calm, the frightened victim could sense the urgency intertwined in it as well. At this rate, Tiffany was willing to do anything to get away from him. “When I say '3' I want you to grab something, anything, and just hit him as hard as you can in the face.” Their gazes were locked right on each other, oblivious to the surrounding people that were uselessly watching on. “Do you understand me?”

 

Gulping down her fears, the scared Troubled One hesitantly nodded her head. She could care less if people though she was crazy, her life was in danger! Her eyes settled on Siwon, watching him search the restaurant for a brave soul that wanted to die. In his right hand was the deadly weapon he knew how to expertly use, pointing in front of him steadily. In his left hand was Tiffany's petite wrist that was thumping in pain. His grip was so tight that it was cutting off her circulation of blood to her hand. However, she felt her breath hitch involuntarily as her eyes rested on Taeyeon who was now rounding to the front of the leaving couple.

 

The Guardian stood several steps in front of the pair, her eyes fixed angrily on the man that was hurting the girl she cared so much about. I'm going to save you Fany-ah. I promise. Her eyes then settled on the man that sickened her. His smug look along with that small smirk of victory. Oh how she just wanted to wipe that grin off his pretty little face with a punch that would knock him out.

 

“1.” Taeyeon breathed out clearly. She tried to stay composed. If the Guardian were to lose herself to any sort of rage, then she knew that she would just be rendered useless. No doubt that Taeyeon would try to use her own hands to harm the man. Then what? Her energy would be drained for trying to come into contact with a living being. No. She didn't want to do that. She couldn't do that. Being useless to Tiffany at a time like this would be something she couldn't afford. Taeyeon's voice was loud, but both knew that out of the many people in the restaurant, only Tiffany could hear that angelic voice of hers.

 

“2.” Taeyeon spoke as the couple neared her. Knowing that the plan was going to happen, the frightened victim searched around desperately for something to use as her own weapon. Just beside her Guardian was a table with a couple that was watching on. Her eyes searched the contents on the table top. Spoon? No. That won't do anything. Fork? That's too far to reach. Knife? I don't want to kill him! The last thing I want is blood on my hands after this whole thing is over with! Finally, she spotted the object in which she was going to grab. Her eyes locked on Taeyeon as she gave her Guardian a quick nod, signaling that she was ready.

 

Both parties took a deep breath to calm themselves down just a final time. “3!” Taeyeon hollered. The minute Tiffany heard her voice, she yanked back, stopping the man just long enough for her to reach the ceramic plate.

 

With Siwon's attention jerked back onto Tiffany's sudden tug, Taeyeon used this chance to disarm the man in a quick motion. Reaching out, the Guardian quickly, yet very carefully, flipped on the safety switch located on the side of the gun before pressing the magazine release button. Out slipped the clip of bullets from the bottom of the fire arm, soon crashing to the floor.

 

Siwon quickly looked forward when he heard the loud thump of the magazine that was no longer in his deadly weapon. Did he accidentally press the button?! It left him dumbfounded as he tried to figure out what had happened when he wasn't looking. However, his thought was completely cut off when a plate of food struck him hard against the side of his face. The dinnerware shattered into pieces as the consumables and sauce splashed all around his face and clothing. Whatever the sauce was, some of it managed to get in his eyes, stinging and burning his only source of seeing. In reflex, Siwon clamped his eyes shut and let go of Tiffany's hand to tend to his injured head. Now in a panicking state, Siwon began to wave the gun around like a mad man. The injured suspect constantly pulled back the trigger of the pistol, but each and every time, he was met with a rejecting click. Nothing was going his way anymore. Just when he thought he could have whatever he wanted thanks to that stupid thing called 'money'.

 

Scared that the gun could possibly go off, Taeyeon's breath hitched slightly before loudly commanding, “Run Fany-ah! Run!” Hearing those words, Tiffany shoved her captor aside roughly, and darted for the exit.

 

The disoriented man stumbled with the vicious shove before tripping over his own feet and falling to the ground. Coming in contact with the floor caused Siwon to lose his grip on the gun and have the deadly firearm leave his hand. With his eyes closed, his head injured, and his hands empty, everyone knew that he was no longer life threatening to the other people. Seeing the man unarmed, dinner patrons stood up to finally give Siwon his much deserved beating. No one would be an injured hero now.

 

As the merciless punches in the restaurant began to unfold, Taeyeon ran for the exit as well, leading the way for her Troubled One to follow. The Guardian pushed the door open for Tiffany to step through and quickly bolted down the sidewalk towards her apartment. Once they were outside, Taeyeon slowed her pace down so that Tiffany could keep up. Running in high heels was obviously more difficult than running in flat dress shoes. “No matter what happens Fany-ah I don't want you to look back. Just keep running, do you understand me?” The Guardian ordered. Her eyes were glued onto Tiffany that was now beside her. She could clearly see the streaks of tears that began rolling down her face.

 

Despite the panting and the tears, Tiffany managed to nod her head and breathe out a, “Neh.” into the air. She knew that she wasn't completely safe. Any minute, Siwon could be darting out of the restaurant still after her. Home was her only sanctuary for now, but that was still a long way to go. It wasn't long until they were a block away from the restaurant did both beings hear the sound of police sirens get louder and louder. As curious as she was, Taeyeon knew not to look over her shoulder. She knew there would be plenty of police cars parked in front of the restaurant that held Tiffany's last date with Siwon.

 

Looking over to her Troubled One, Taeyeon noticed the shop owner itching to look back. “Don't do it Fany-ah! Just keep running! You said you wouldn't look back!” The Guardian reminded as they continued to bolt down the sidewalk. Taeyeon knew what it was like to look back. She knew of the guilt and sorrow that would flood the mind the minute anyone would look back. She knew exactly what it felt like to be in Tiffany's shoes...and she didn't want her Troubled One to go through what she went through when she took that one glance back. She didn't want Tiffany to experience that feeling...ever.

 

After a couple blocks, the much tired cafe owner slowed her running to a jog before finally stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to catch her breath. Her lungs felt like they were on fire, her legs felt like they were jelly, and her eyes were burning from the constant tears that leaked. How could this night, the night that she thought would have been possibly the best night ever since that accident, turn into the second worst day of her life? Nothing went as planned, someone was most likely in jail because of her, and Tiffany knew that she was going to lose her cafe now. There was nothing she could do to keep it but use her wish. However, since Taeyeon saved her life, she didn't want to let her Guardian go. Tiffany's mind was all jumbled of thoughts on what to do now. The only thing she was completely sure of was...she needed to rest.

 

Realizing that she was running alone, the Guardian halted. She spun around and noticed how tired her Troubled One was. Unlike Tiffany, Taeyeon wasn't out of breath. She wasn't even fazed from the constant running. Because she wasn't living, Taeyeon didn't need to use her lungs. In fact, she could hold her breath forever if she wanted to. It wasn't necessary for her existence. But since she was once a living and breathing being, it was only natural for her to do so. “Fany-ah. Tell me what's wrong.” Her voice was soft and comforting as she approached the latter cautiously.

 

Tiffany sobbed quietly, trying not to get the attention of the very few pedestrians that were passing by her. In her head she replayed the whole night and how it went from the most amazing night of her life to one she wished would have never happened. Her heart was breaking and her mind was completely confused on who was her friend and who was her enemy. Everything was...

 

 

 

Everything's wrong TaeTae...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Ta-da! Here's another chapter for you awesome readers! I made sure to dedicate any extra time I had on this chapter so that you guys wouldn't have to wait for a whole month to find out what was going to happen to our beloved Fany and TaeTae! Not to mention I had a long weekend too [class was cancelled! xD] So I used my spare time to work on this! And yes Siwon is officially gone from this story! Phew! Everyone can calm down now!

 

I had so many different thoughts on what to do to Siwon [have him get run over while evading the police, get really angry at losing his repuation and girls that he fires at the poice and they unleash a hailstorm of bullets on him, have TaeTae haunt him and make him do suicide because he could have sworn he was going crazy (with all the mysterious trash cans Taeyeon was going to throw at him) and other things that would have resulted in him well...dying] but because my oppa really loves all of SM [including Siwon] he begged me not to kill him when I told him of my plans. *sigh* The things I do for my oppa. He did agree that getting beaten up and taken to jail would be fine though, so I let that happen. Although, he did say that if I ever include people not from SM and I have a plan to kill them off, then I should. xD Talk about a bias oppa.

 

I do want to let everyone know that I'm going to be moving soon so any extra time will have to be spent packing clothes, notebooks I found [full of stories! I might make them into fan fics, what do you think?] and other random stuff. Don't worry, I will be typing still [probably at the dead of night at like 1am or something] and what not, but having to upload stories might take the usual 1 month intervals again. Mianhae in advance my readers! That's why I concentrated so much with this one. I wanted to leave you guys with a happy ending! So please be understand of any delays with uploads!

 

Oh! I'm also working on other stories on the side that some of you may be interested in! I made a blog post about it [yes I know that it was marked 'friends only' for a while, but I took it off now] and maybe you guys could tell me what sounds interesting to you? Who knows, majority vote might be the next story I plan on uploading! Dun dun dun!

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/503422

 

Wow this A/N is long. xD Anyways, I guess that's it for now. Let me know what you think now that Tiffany and Taeyeon no longer have to deal with Siwon anymore. What do you think the rest of the story will be about? And do you think that the story is going to be ending soon or will it be lots and lots of chapters away from now until we finally see "the end"? Let me know with a comment! I welcome all of them! Really I do! ^^ Until next time!

 

YES! He's GONE! SIWON IS GONE!!! Mwahahaha! *hugs Fany tightly*

 

TaeTae, don't you think you're overreacting?

 

Whaaaaat? Aniyo! I bet you all of the readers are doing a victory dance too! Right?! RIGHT?!

 

Taeyeon-unnie I don't-

 

RIGHT?!?!?!

 

*sigh* dork.

 

I know, but she's my dork. ^^

 

-Jeo