True Intentions

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 12]

True Intentions

 

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

 

Today's our 4th date in a row! Wow! Siwon really is rich if he can afford taking me out for four nights straight! He said that he'd take me somewhere very fancy tonight so I made sure to wear some high heels and the most glamorous dress that I own. Hopefully it isn't a complete attention getter, but a double glancer is sure fire. With my hair and make-up finished, I'm sure that I could draw any one in no matter what. Boy OR girl! I stood in front of the mirror and took a final look at myself. Oh yeah, I look hot.

 

What's also great about tonight is that I'm finally going to confess to him about the money issue with the cafe. I think I've gotten him interested in me just as much as I am in him so hopefully he'll be more than willing to help me out! Plus, who would say no to me when I look this amazing? I smiled to myself, pleased with how everything could turn out. If everything goes as planned, this would truly be the best night ever. I'd be having a date with the guy of my dreams, I'd be able to save the cafe, and I'd also be able to save my wish for something more important!

 

Speaking of wish...I wonder where TaeTae is. I glanced around my room in the mirror before finally turning to check if my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Nope. She really wasn't here. I wish that she was though. Then maybe I could have asked her opinion on how I looked. I heaved a sigh and took another glance at my outfit. Was I y looking even in a girl's eyes or was this down right screaming 'desperate'? Well, after that fight we had last night, it didn't surprise me that she's not here. TaeTae's probably in her world distracting herself with her hunt for Genies and constantly gossiping with her Guardian friends. Anything to get her mind off of me.

 

“You know what? Fine. Go be with him.” Ugh, those words. They made me cringe every time I replayed them in my head. What was so bad about Siwon? “When you find out his true intentions, you're gonna wish you listened to me.” TaeTae, what did you mean? Was there something you weren't telling me? My lips pursed. Why didn't you just tell me what it was? Now you've left me all confused and alone. What am I missing from the big picture TaeTae? “Just watch.” That sent shivers down my spine...and not in a good way. It was eerie hearing her say such a thing...to me. It's as if she's waiting for karma to strike! What could I have possibly done to deserve this sort of behavior from you Tae? Was it the money? Well I'm trying to get some money now. Was it the happiness? You both make me happy Tae. You with your comfort and him with his...love.

 

[Beep]

 

I quickly snapped myself back to reality and fished out my cellphone from my little pink purse. I didn't care if it matched my outfit or not...it was pink! That should be enough of a reason! My eyes quickly scanned the text message.

 

[From] Siwonie

[Message] Hey, I'm on my way to the cafe. Can't wait for our date. :)

 

I silently gasped at the text. Was I running late already? Maybe Siwon was the one that was running early? I stole a glance towards the time teller mounted on my wall only to find out that it was me who was at fault. Thank God my apartment was only a few blocks away from the cafe. However, I can't do anything else before sending my date a text.

 

[To] Siwonie

[Message] I can't wait for our date either! See you soon! ^^

 

In a flash I quickly grabbed my things, double checking with myself to make sure I had everything for tonight. Once I was all set and done, I quickly left my apartment and headed for my cafe. It didn't take long for me to arrive, thankfully before my date. Now it was just a matter of talking to the girls until Prince Charming arrives.

 

“So Tiff, where is Siwon taking you this time?” Yuri asked excitedly. She leaned across the counter, resting her chin in her hands as she waited for me to answer. “It has to be somewhere really fancy if you're dressed this nicely for the date.” Her eyes scanned me up and down once before locking onto my face.

 

An honest shrug was my only answer to her. “I'm not too sure. Siwon only said that it would be somewhere fancy. He never gave me a name or location.” I ran my hands down my dress to smooth down any creases I might have made on my way over here.

 

Jessica stood beside Yuri and smiled softly to me. “It sounds like he wants everything to be romantic. Who knows, you two might be official at the end of this date.” She teased, elbowing Yuri lightly to have her join in.

 

Of course this jokester would oblige to any sort of laughing fun. “Neh! You two would be official and then be filthy stinking rich! Then you wouldn't have to worry about anymore bills!” Yuri teased more with a chuckle intertwining some parts of her sentence. “And then your wedding would be completely gorgeous!” She joked some more, suddenly grabbing Jessica and waltzing around in the work area while she horribly hummed the wedding march.

 

“Wedding?!” Hyoyeon cried out loud with me. Apparently she had the same mentality about this whole thing. Then again, I could never be sure with her being so conservative with her thoughts. We simply looked at each other before she cleared and sipped her usual drink as an excuse not to speak.

 

My lips twisted sourly at the prediction of my future as I watched Jessica, somewhat reluctantly, wrestle out of Yuri's grip to stop them from dancing around. “I think you're completely overreacting about everything Yuri.” I tried reasoning with her as she played around with Jessica some more. “Siwon and I only met this week. I mean, yeah he's great and everything but I really don't like jumping into relationships like that. Let alone marriages! I made sure to emphasize the last word just in case this kkab of ours couldn't get the hint the first time. Then again, maybe she wasn't even paying attention to me right now.

 

The duo finally returned to the counter with smiles on their faces and looked at me. “Ugh. You're so in denial Tiff.” Yuri smiled to me. “Just admit that you're in love with him already.” She just had to emphasize that word didn't she?

 

I felt my jaw drop at my worker's accusation. Love? I don't think so. Maybe a strong connection but I wouldn't call it love! At least, not yet. Jessica looked over at, what I'm pretty sure is, her crush before back at me. “I'm not sure about that, but would you say 'yes' if he asked you to be his girlfriend?”

 

Girlfriend? What would I say if Siwon asked me out? Well I did like his company, and I did like the affection and attention he was giving me. That should be a good enough reason to agree wouldn't it? Then we would be able to work on our relationship after that. Although, I'm sure he wouldn't even ask that question until we got to know each other better. One week and already dating? That was definitely rushing everything.

 

The sudden shift of the girl next to me knocked me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I watched Hyoyeon face forward again, turning her back to the entrance of the cafe. “Speak of the devil.” My blonde haired friend muttered under her breath. She cupped her hands around her drink and took a quick sip, probably to stop herself from mumbling anymore nonsense coated in sighs.

 

Apparently Yuri caught the words that Hyoyeon most likely didn't want anyone to hear. My worker tilted her head to the Dancing Queen across from her. “Devil? You don't like him?” Her eyes were locked right on our somewhat wealthy friend as she waited for an explanation.

 

I was able to spot the blonde freeze for a good second, surprised that one of them actually heard her usual grumbles about Siwon. Of course I heard them, but I never said anything about it. She had a right to her own opinion. Quickly catching herself, Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and shook her head. “It's an expression you babo.” She countered before sipping her drink and glancing at me. Right away I knew that deep down she actually meant what she said.

 

[Ding!]

 

The front door of the cafe opened up and immediately I turned around to spot a well dressed Siwon in a freshly pressed tuxedo. His hair was fixed well and a single rose was tucked in the front pocket of his blazer. He looked very handsome if I do say so myself. I think I'm starting to fall for him even more. Wait, what? Almost immediately, his eyes landed onto me and a breath taking smile flashed my way.

 

Slowly my date strolled through my cafe and approached the counter, gracefully placing a high financed bill on top. “You three have been here every single night I've come to pick up my date. Have a break and spend all of this for yourselves. My treat.” He insisted with a gentle push of the piece of cash towards my workers. To top it all off, he flashed the duo a heart warming smile.

 

Hesitantly, Yuri took the money and nodded to the only man in the shop. My date's attention then turned to me. He shifted his eyes up and down my body once, or maybe even more, before finally settling them on my face again. “You look amazing Tiff. Wow.” Siwon gave me a toothy smile that I found absolutely cute. “Then again, you look beautiful every time I see you.”

 

The little compliments he would give me were always something that made me warm and fuzzy inside. Only then did I feel my cheeks heat up with blush, making me look down in embarrassment. “Gamsahamnida Siwon.” I managed to say with a giggle. Why was I acting like this? Isn't Siwon just a guy that I met not even a week ago? If that's the case, why can he make my heart skip a beat like this?

 

My date cleared his throat before fixing his outfit quickly. “Well then.” He announced soothingly. “May I take my date to tonight's destination?” Siwon offered a graceful hand my way with a slight bow. He was acting so much like a gentleman. Could he be my Prince Charming? He has to be.

 

I felt more blush rise to my cheeks as I nodded politely to him. “Yes you may.” Trying to match his grace, I swiftly put my hand in his, feeling my heart skip another beat. Why was this happening to me? What is it trying to say?

 

As he lead me towards the exit, he paused for a moment to turn and face the others who had their eyes set directly on us. “No need to wait up for her. I'll make sure she gets home safe and sound.” Siwon gave them a reassuring smile as he patted the top of my hand gently.

 

There was a bit of silence before a hesitant, “A-Are you sure?” was called out by Hyoyeon. Mentally I thanked her for asking. As much as I love spending time with Siwon, I don't think staying out too late was appropriate for now. It's only been a week that we've known each other. Not even that long! I'm glad to have such caring-

 

“Oh she's just joking! Go ahead and spend all night together you two!” Yuri shooed the air in front of her, practically rushing us out before Hyoyeon could protest any further. An eager smile plastered itself on her features as she now used both hands to kick us out.

 

Jessica smiled warmly to me before simply waving good-bye. “I'll see you tomorrow. Just have fun tonight.” Her eyes glanced over to Siwon before back at me. I could tell by the look in her eye that she was practically approving him all the way through.

 

Thanks you two. I'm glad I have such caring friends who don't care that a guy I've barely known is planning on keeping me out longer than usual. I'm sure the both of them wouldn't have been able to sense the sarcasm in that thought either. Then again, Siwon has been treating kindly ever since our first date. He's been doing nothing but making sure I were treated like a princess. I looked into his eyes and that's when I knew that I would be able to trust him. Looking over to Hyoyeon, who was still concerned, I gave her a reassuring smile and waved to her. “I'll be fine. Really. I'll see all of you tomorrow.” I watched her lips purse unconvinced before my date ushered us out of the cafe and into his car. And just like that, the two of us quickly drove away.

 

Siwon parked his car at this five star restaurant that the common person only dreamed of eating at. It was luxurious, right down to the decoration at the front door. I had only heard rumors of this place. A reservation of at least three days in advance had to be made, the food was double the price per dish compared to last night's restaurant, and everyone here was either of high class or someone that saved every piece of cash just to dine like royalty for one night. This alone was enough to make me believe that Siwon probably had bundles of cash as his mattress.

 

Eventually we were seated at a table and our food was plated in front of us. Everything here looked so elegant! From the interior decorations, to the staff uniforms, to even the food! The silverware here wasn't the average chopsticks. Instead, they were knives, spoons, and forks! There was even fancy engraving on the handle of every utensil. How could anyone as poor as me be able to eat here? Oh that's right. It was because of Siwon. I knew I had to tell him about why I was doing this. All this guilt was eating me up inside! I let out a quiet sigh to calm my nerves and hopefully form sentences that would soon be my confession. Now I was determined to tell him...but when? When would be the right-

 

“So what was that thing you wanted to tell me yesterday?” Siwon's voice startled me and made me look up at him. That's when I realized that he was staring right in my eyes. He must be really curious if I have his full attention. Then again, I've had his full attention whenever he would talk to me.

 

I hesitated for a moment, not sure if I should really tell him. No, I had to tell him. I can't hold this in for much longer and he needs to know the truth. If I wait any longer then it would be too late to pay for the bills and I might get buried alive with all the guilt that was piling upon me. I took a shaky breath and looked at him right in the eyes. “Siwon, I first called you because I knew you had money. I wanted to get to know you so that when I finally ask this question we wouldn't be complete strangers.” My eyes pondered around us for a minute before they locked right on him again. “My cafe is turning into a failing business. I need help to pay for the bills, so I was wondering if you could help me out.” I gulped guiltily at the confession that left my tongue. He knew everything now and he didn't even say a word. Was he going to deny me? I had to push him to agree. “So...what do you say?”

 

My date's lips pursed together in thought as he stared down at the half eaten food on his plate. After a moment of thinking, he slowly started to nod his head up and down before raising his eyes to lock with mine. “Neh. I'll help you out.” He smiled happily to me. “I mean, if I'm the last man standing, I might as well be your super superman. Right?” Siwon's lips curved into a slight smirk.

 

I felt my eyes widen at his response. Was he serious? He was really going to help me pay for the bills?! Even after he knew that I was using him this whole time? Too taken aback with his answer, I just stared at him for a moment, trying to let everything sink in. Words weren't coming out of my mouth and my brain itself wasn't able to form a simple sentence! I blinked in disbelief until I was able to come back to reality. “You're...you're serious?”

 

Again he nodded as he breathed a cute chuckle. “Neh! I'm serious Tiffany. If you need my help, then I'll help you out.” My eyes wandered his face, taking in every detail. He looked so cute with that smile. Siwon. My Prince Charming and now my Knight in Shining armor, because I'm sure he's rich enough to afford that too. Little did I know...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...that my 'Prince Charming' wasn't even a prince...

 

 

 

 

 

 

[3rd Person POV]

 

After the shop owner's confession, the atmosphere between the dating duo undoubtedly lifted. The conversation turned friendlier as giggles and chuckles exchanged in the air. All the eye contact seemed more than usual to Tiffany as she found herself not glancing away from the man across from her because of guilt. As their date progressed, the Troubled One found no reason to regret anything. She was going to keep her cafe, keep her wish, and possibly keep the man of her dreams. However, what she could feel, aside from the happiness in her heart, was the constant rubbing of Siwon's leg against hers.

 

The first time, Tiffany found it accidental. She thought that maybe they were sitting too close to each other and his leg mistakenly brushed against hers. Even after a shift in her seat, she found his leg rubbing against hers again. Constantly, their limbs came into contact, turning things rather uncomfortable to the shop owner. He isn't...trying to hint at something is he? Tiffany's lips pursed slightly at her own thought, but only an eerie chill ran down her spine the minute she spotted the rather disturbing grin on Siwon's face.

 

Unbeknownst to both parties was the fact that a certain white clothed Guardian was witnessing the whole ordeal from the corner of the restaurant. She may have missed the confession of her Troubled One, but that wasn't needed to prove to her that this man was hiding something in his sleeve. When he was going to pull the dagger out and stab Tiffany in the back was Taeyeon's only question.

 

Constantly, Tiffany tried not to think much of the too-close-for-comfort touches between her and her dream man. Maybe he's just really comfortable right now. Maybe he just can't tell how close we're actually sitting. Every excuse she could possibly think of surfaced in her head. She didn't want to believe that the guy she had her heart set on had something she didn't know about tucked up his sleeve. It couldn't be. He treated her like a Princess, like his whole world revolved around her. Was it possible that Siwon was just too good to be true and that this was one of his flaws that was finally being revealed?

 

Again Tiffany felt her date's foot rub against her leg. She found herself getting very uncomfortable now. No more excuses brewed in her head. That was already too much contact to be all considered accidents. Now, she just about had enough of it. If he was hinting at exactly what Tiffany thought, she knew that something about her 'Prince Charming' wasn't right anymore. “Siwon,” She called out with a sigh. Their eyes locked onto each other before she noticed the smirk that had grown on the corner of his lips. “why are you acting like this?”

 

Siwon's only response was a shrug of his shoulders. He was expecting her to have figured it all out by now. But he found it best to at least give her a clue on his intentions just in case she was completely clueless. “I wanna show you a good time.”

 

Tiffany's lips pursed gently before she flashed him a wary smile. “This date is a good time.” Involuntarily, a weak chuckle slipped between her lips. Mentally she cursed to herself, not wanting him to realize how uneasy she was becoming.

 

When his date's answer seemed rather innocent, Siwon figured that he had to give the most obvious hint to her. She had to at least have an idea of what he was aiming towards. “I'm talking about after hours.” He grinned fully. “If you know what I mean.”

 

Tiffany's lips twisted sourly at his response. Every assumption she had racing in her head was now confirmed. She didn't want to believe it though. Her hopes of him weren't completely crushed however. In her head, possibly turning him down would knock some sense back into him. “Er...look.” She placed down the utensils in her hands to give her date her full attention. “I'm not ready for...that. Can't we just...take things slow?” The Troubled One caught the words that had poured out of . They weren't an official couple were they? Siwon never asked her out properly and she never agreed to being his girlfriend so they were nothing more than friends at this stage, right?

 

A sickening scoff puffed into the air between them, catching the shop owner's attention. Siwon's eyes were locked right onto her as he shook his head. “I thought you wanted the money?” He tilted his head at the rhetorical question. “I'll only give it to you if we have some after dinner fun.”

 

“I...” Spotting Siwon's quick glance up and down her body yanked Tiffany back to reality. “Wait, what?!” She was too stunned with his words to fully react. Did she hear him right? “You're bribing me with money?!” Was this the only reason why he agreed to paying the bills for her? Was this nothing more than his plan from the very beginning, to get her in bed? Every thought that swarmed her head weren't even complete sentences anymore.

 

“Well isn't this what you wanted?” Siwon rose his eyebrows as his grin turned wider. “To save that failure of a cafe of yours?” His words that were once warm and pleasing, began to turn cold and harsh. Every detail Tiffany once savored in her head now turned into things she despised. His charm was nothing but an ego he flashed. The princess-like treatment he was presenting her with was no more than a flirtatious skit he possibly starred in countless of times. Siwon...he was nothing more than a liar. Sure, Tiffany wasn't completely honest about why she went out with him, but at least she wasn't lying about who she really was. Him, he was a completely different person now. The man that was about to capture her heart was just a fraud. How could this man be nothing but a manipulative boy?

 

Tiffany's blood began to boil at this reality. He manipulated her from day one, showering her with words she wanted to hear and taking her to fairytale fantasies he brewed up. Now, acid was the only thing pouring out of his mouth. Only then did his insult on her cafe sink in. “How dare you!” She hissed. Her mind began to run with things that Taeyeon tried warning her about. This is what you meant. I should have listened to you... Her lips pursed tightly as she saw that disgusting look on his face. No more. She didn't want to deal with this guy any longer. “This date is done.” She barked while grabbing her bag to leave.

 

At a distance away, Taeyeon folded her arms and grinned victoriously. This little game that Siwon was playing with Tiffany was officially over. Her Troubled One caught onto his little scheme and she was smart enough to call it quits while she had the chance. That's my girl. The Guardian's eyebrows suddenly scrunched together at her own thought. Did she really think that? What am I saying? Taeyeon quickly shook her head to get the thought out. How could she think that about her own Troubled One? No, it wasn't right to think like that.

 

Suddenly, Siwon grabbed Tiffany's wrist to stop her in her tracks. The latter looked down at her entrapped wrist before up at the man who she once thought was her ideal man. “No fun,” He spoke, flashing her a cynical smile. “No money.” A soft chuckle squeezed between his lips as he stared at his date right in the eyes.

 

It wasn't long for the young shop owner to sense the hungry lust looming in his eyes. Tiffany's hands quickly turned into tight fist as she leaned towards the not-so-prince-charming guy across from her. “I am not one of those girls. You can't pay me to have with you!” She snarled with a low voice so that only Siwon could hear. Despite how frustrated she was, she didn't want any attention and embarrassment to get included on this now ruined date.

 

Mentally, Tiffany wished that someone would have heard her. Maybe then, that person would come to her rescue and be her real knight in shining armor, forever separating the two of them for good. Siwon was a wolf in sheep's clothing, drawing his prey closer until he was able to strike. The only problem was that she was his target. All Tiffany needed was someone to slay this uncontrollable monster and protect her. But who would fit the job? Little did she know that her Guardian was close by...and she could hear everything that poured out of the duo's mouth.

 

However Taeyeon, being too distracted with her own thoughts, only caught the last sentence, but just that much was enough to make her pay attention. Her eyes examined the situation and immediately they rested on the large hand wrapped around her Troubled One's petite wrist. She stood up, angry that someone had laid a finger on the girl she cared so much about. Taeyeon quickly took a few steps towards the pair before she stopped herself, knowing that she couldn't reveal herself to Tiffany, let alone interact with them. Mentally she cursed to herself before stepping back and seating herself at her lonely table. All she could do for now was watch.
 

Tiffany huffed out angrily at the man across from her and stared at him square in the eyes. “Let go of me.” She demanded as she yanked her hand out of his grasp. Siwon knew that receiving any more attention than what they've already gotten would do them no good. Especially him. He cursed to himself, thinking that if he didn't care so much about his ego, then he would have never of let her go. Finally free, Tiffany swung her legs out from under the table, ready to stand and walk out of the misleading fairytale that he had cast on her.

 

The sudden sound of his chuckle froze the Troubled One in place. It was low and eerie, sending an uncomfortable shiver down her spine. Momentarily she was petrified in her seat. “You just don't get it do you?” Slowly, Tiffany's eyes locked onto him. “If you don't give me what I want, you're not gonna get the money. If you don't get the money, you don't get to keep that cafe of yours. Then what? It's gonna go right down the drain and you're just gonna live the rest of your life like a failure. Just like your sorry excuse of a business.”

 

Tiffany gripped her mini purse tightly. She didn't move and she didn't know what to say. He was right. If she didn't...agree then she'd be stuck with a failing business that would eventually shut down. Then what? For all she knew, Siwon would probably walk by the place just to laugh at its failure, practically mocking her and making her regret the missed opportunity of saving it. That was the last thing she wanted to happen. As much as he disgusted her, she had to get that money. One way or the other.

 

Siwon grinned pleasantly with himself the minute he knew his words were getting to her. He knew that pushing her buttons just a little longer would cause her to break. “So what are you gonna do hmm? Stay with me and have a fun time? Or are you gonna go and live the rest of your life like a worthless peasant?” His features were covered with that sickeningly victorious grin.

 

Taeyeon's hands were in tight fists at her sides. Who was he to insult not only her Troubled One's hard earned management, but also her Troubled One as well?! He was pathetic in her eyes and this new side that he was revealing was doing nothing but making her blood boil. She wanted to walk up to him and just punch the living day lights out of that bastard, but she knew that she couldn't. Her interactions with any living being would render her weak. If anything were to happen, Taeyeon would be nothing but useless to her Troubled One. That would be the worst thing to be if Tiffany desperately needed her. Useless. She wouldn't be able to 'live' with herself if she missed that only opportunity to save someone she cared so much about.

 

As much as she didn't want to, Tiffany knew what had to be done. The shop owner's eyes dropped to the dinnerware as she swung her legs back under the table, sitting upright across from him. She placed her purse back on top of the table and sighed shakily to calm herself down the best she could. Hesitantly her eyes shifted up to lock with his.

 

The man across from her flashed a toothy smile. He knew that he had her in the palm of his hand. He could make her do anything now...and he was planning on doing exactly that tonight. That disgusting grin on his face sent shivers up and down Tiffany's spine. Her insides were shaking as every horrible situation poured into her head endlessly. She was scared now. What would he do to her? What would he make her do? All for the much needed money to save her cafe. Was it worth it? Her thoughts were cut off as he leaned back triumphantly in his seat. A victoriously toothy smile flashed itself to the girl across the way. She was his now. They both knew that. A chuckle filled the air between them as he breathed out an eerie,

 

 

 

 

That's my girl.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Finally! Another update! Phew! Mianhae for taking 1 month intervals to update for you awesome readers! OTL It's just that during Spring Break I was hanging out with family and friends, school started again, and I'm looking for a job. Busy, busy, busy, busy! I'm trying my best to type everything with the little bits of free time that I have so please be understanding!

 

For anyone that REALLY wants to keep up to date with the progress of my stories, wants to know some BTC [Behind The Chapter] stuff, or just wants to make a new friend, can always message me! It's so much faster to reply to messages compared to typing entire stories and all that. And if you have a KaoKao Talk then feel free to send me a message asking for my ID. For anyone that doesn't know what KaoKao is, it's this free phone app so that you can text other people anywhere, anytime, free of charge! [But they have to have the KaoKao app as well to send/receive anything.] I find it very convienient!

 

Anyways, back to the story. DON'T KILL ME PLEASE! Every good story needs some plot twist right? Some good drama? Have mercy! For the next chapter I pre-wrote the middle and end portions to it [from all the chapter hopping before] and all I need is a beginning! Remember, I'm not that great at the beginning of things so yeah. Eh heh. Anyways, let me know what you think! Feel free to comment, message, whatever! Until next time!

 

-Jeo

 

PS: The next chapter will be the last time Siwon will make an appearance in this story! Please look forward to it!