Nicknames

The Guardian's Wish

 

[Chapter 6]

Nicknames

 

 

 

There was only one person in the corner cafe this early in the morning; Tiffany Hwang. Her employees hadn't come in yet and it was too early for the cafe to open up to the public. After falling asleep last night, there was no sign of her Guardian to accompany her either. However, her mind wasn't on the white clothed figure. Instead, she sat at one of the customer tables in the front to do paper work. She wanted a nice view while working, not the four boring walls with cabinets and folders everywhere.

 

Even though a blessed Guardian has given her the chance to make any wish she could make, Tiffany still wanted to save it. On what? She wasn't really sure. So for now her tiny calculator and stack of papers were her best friends as they displayed the status of her financial handling. The roll over bills had undoubtedly resurfaced in the young owner's mind. Where would she get the money? Would she be able to pay everything on time? One person could only take in so much stressful money managing before her mind began to wander somewhere else.

 

With business running the way it is...I won't be able to pay off the bills. If it were double, I'd only be able to pay off the rolled over amount and some of the usual monthly. Triple would leave a quarter of the bills left to be paid. The cafe owner huffed out a sigh in irritation. Her back crashed against the chair as she stared at the countless numbers on every piece of paper. Either way, I'd need a miracle for business to be like that. Suddenly, everything went blank for a second as her thoughts seeped in. Miracle... Tiffany's eyes widened slightly as a light bulb in her brain. My wish! I can wish for Taeyeon to give me unimaginable riches! Then I can pay off all of this debt and not have to worry about the bills ever aga-

 

[Screech]

 

Tiffany's head lifted in an instant, scanning the empty cafe. Her anxious orbs lingering around her surroundings for any sign of something different. Nothing. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Chairs were in order and tables were in their place. Everything was fine. So then what was that sound? The shop owner decided to push the thought out of her head. Nothing was going to get her...right? Well after finding out that there are such things as 'Guardians' I wonder what else is re-

 

[Thud]

 

Again the shop owner lifted her head. Her eyes now frantically looking for something that would have caused the unexpected noise, but she was alone. Her hands slowly curled into fists as anxiety began to run her emotions. W-What now?! A-Am I being haunted by g-ghosts?! Tiffany gulped down her fears as her eyes scanned the room once more. Nothing. Her heart began to pound as goosebumps surfaced throughout her body. Right about now she hoped for Jessica or Yuri to walk in and greet their boss. Any sort of familiar face would at least put her at ease. She didn't want to be with some invisible being that was haunting her! J-Just relax Tiff...r-relax. Her head slowly lowered as she began to read the infinite amount of numbers once again.

 

A gentle, but very audible, sigh echoed in the empty cafe. Tiffany shivered at the sound before slowly lifting her head. In the table at one of the corners was a white figure. Her legs were on the table, one crossed over the other, and her hands were behind her head. The brim of a white top hat rested over the girl's eyes. “So, this is what it's like when they're late huh?” Her sudden voice filled the air as she pushed up her hat to stare at the shop owner with a friendly smirk.

 

Just the simple voice was enough to calm the frightened girl. It was the only voice that was able to send a chill down her spine in which she liked. “Taeyeon...” Tiffany said with a sigh of relief. All of her worries quickly vanished as her eyes locked on her Guardian. The gentle voice and familiar face were all that she needed to get through the day.

 

The Guardian smirked at the sound of her name. “Neh. That's me.” She jerked a thumb towards herself. “I'm actually here on time, unlike your employees.”

 

Tiffany let out a soft giggle and put her pen down. Every financial problem she was stressing over was now swept clean from her head. Apparently, she'd rather have a friendly conversation with a mystical being than do any sort of paperwork. “Ehh, I don't mind it.” Tiffany shrugged simply. “Plus, I think I know why they're late sometimes.” Her lips perked up slightly into a thoughtful pout, hoping her logic was somewhat making sense in her noggin.

 

An eyebrow raised as this information intrigued the white clothed one. “Jinja?” Her feet quickly rounded the table and crashed to the floor. “Please, do tell.” In the blink of an eye, Taeyeon had disappeared and reappeared in the seat across from Tiffany, staring at her right in the eyes. The Guardian leaned across the table excitedly with her fingers interlaced as she waited for the 'juicy' information.

 

With the sudden transition of corner distance to right in your face, there was only one way anyone would have reacted. “Omo!” Tiffany's eyes widened as her back magnetically crashed itself against her chair. As much as she liked her Guardian's angelic features, it was just too much in too short of a time. “You scared me.” She mumbled placing a hand over her heart.

 

Taeyeon frowned at her Troubled One's reaction. She didn't mean to scare Tiffany, she just thought it'd be nice to have a conversation face to face instead of practically shouting across the room to hear each other. Well, for Tiffany to hear her. “Mianhae Tiffany.” Her head lowered slightly in disappointment at herself. “Here, let me do that over.” She locked her apologetic orbs on the girl across from her. Once again, Taeyeon disappeared and reappeared back in her old position at the corner. She took her feet off the table slowly and stood up, smoothing her blazer, and obviously taking her time as she went over each and every crease.

 

Seeing the display of her Guardian made Tiffany unknowingly smile widely. What a dork.

 

The Guardian cleared and pushed the chair in before going over each crease once more and finally strolling towards her Troubled One. She paused in the very center when she realized two figures outside coming towards the cafe. “Oh. Looks like your employees are finally here.” Taeyeon mumbled with a smirk as she pointed a hand towards the pair of people.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed when Taeyeon stopped in the middle of the cafe. It took a while for her Guardian's words to sink into her head mainly because she didn't want an interruption between their...Taeny, no, Guardian/Troubled One interactions. Finally having the words register, Tiffany's eyebrows rose. “Hmm?” She turned her head to see Yuri and Jessica come towards the cafe entrance. “Oh.” She gave her attention back to Taeyeon. “I should probably introduce you to them, now that you're here and all.” The owner quickly capped her pen. “Just don't go anywhere okay? Stay right there, please?” Tiffany immediately followed her request with her signature eye smiles.

 

Pursing her lips nervously, Taeyeon couldn't find the courage to disobey her Troubled One, no matter how badly she wanted to. She gulped down her lumped up words of protest as she eyed Tiffany. “Well I-”

 

[Ding!]

 

“Aigoo Tiffany. I'm sorry we took so long.” Yuri stated coming towards the center of the room. “Sleeping beauty over here wouldn't get up.” Her eyes ventured towards her slacking companion as she stopped right next to Taeyeon. The Guardian slowly shuffled to the side to distance herself. Her lips were still pursed together nervously as she gave Tiffany a worried look, hoping her Troubled One would catch on to the unusual behavior.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at the other girl's accusation. “Don't blame me. Someone didn't want to go to bed last night because she wanted to watch a movie, then another one, and another one, and another one.” She glared at her friend. “I think this is gonna be the last time I sleep over at your place when I know we have work the next day.”

 

Yuri's mouth hung slightly. “Well it was a trilogy! Who watches just one movie of the trilogy then goes to sleep after that?!” Oh how accusations were quickly bouncing back and fourth.

 

“Oh really hmm?” The auburn haired girl raised an eyebrow as she stared down the raven haired worker. The latter quickly bobbed her head up and down with no hesitation. Both were standing their ground confidently. “Then what was the cartoon movie for? It wasn't part of the trilogy.”

 

Throwing her hands up in the air in exaggeration, Yuri huffed out a sigh and folded her arms. “We just watched a horror trilogy Sica! You know I can't sleep well after watching all of that stuff! The extra movie was to lighten the mood!” The raven haired worker faced her boss for assistance. “Help me out here Tiffany! Wouldn't you watch a funny movie so you won't get scared with all the horror scenes?!”

 

Jessica butted in between the two and stared right into Tiffany's eyes. “No, help me out Tiff. Who starts watching a horror trilogy at 10 at night when they know they have work a couple hours later?”

 

Tiffany smiled at her friends' antics. Her finger wagging between her workers on who's side she was on. Yuri was right with the whole movie thing, but Jessica was more logical with the time. Truthfully, she couldn't pick somebody. She found both of them to be at fault. “I can't choose. I'm just glad you two are here instead of knocked out leaving me to handle all the customers.”

 

A loud, defeated sigh escaped the younger worker's lips. “Mianhae Tiffany.” Yuri mumbled with a slight bow of her head. It wasn't long for Jessica to follow suit, but obviously with less sincerity. Typical Sica. “Next time, I'll make sure somebody doesn't convince me to having a movie night.” And with that, a painful slap made its mark on Yuri's arm.

 

For once, Tiffany found the two of them...cute. Usually it would have hurt the shop owner on the inside, but with her Guardian there, she was happy. They had each other and she had Taeyeon...right? Her eyes then focused on the quiet Guardian who had a smirk on her face. Even these two could put a smile on the angelic looking girl. “Oh it's okay. I was too busy talking anyways.” She smiled happily, her eyes even turning into crescent moons towards her employees.

 

Two pairs of eyebrows rose. “Talking? To who Tiff?” Jessica questioned as she slowly began to stroll towards the center of the room...and closer to Taeyeon. It was as if she were debating with herself if she should go to behind the counter yet. Her steps were somewhat hesitant while she ran a contemplating hand through her hair.

 

D-Do they not see her? The shop owner's gaze was locked on her friend as the distance between her and her Guardian started to close. She's gonna bump right into her! Only then did she notice Taeyeon's expression. Her Guardian stood there as if bracing for impact. She stood with eyes shut tight as her shoulders were scrunching together to make herself small. “Well, uhm.” Suddenly, Jessica stepped right through Taeyeon.

 

The auburn haired girl stopped in her tracks a few steps later and faced Tiffany when she heard her boss, waiting for her answer. Slowly, her eyebrows began to furrow. “Ooo, it's cold in here Tiff. Do you have the air conditioner on or something?” Jessica pulled the ends of her jacket together and folded her arms to keep herself warm. The Guardian weakly glanced over at Jessica and took a step to part themselves, even just a little.

 

Yuri looked over at the other worker with a curious look. It was fine just where she was. Thinking it would be nice to help her friend warm up, the raven haired worker stepped towards the cold latter. Just like before, Yuri unknowingly passed right through Taeyeon who was now too weak to react. Oh, now she felt the temperature drop. “Wow. It really is cold in here Tiffany.” Yuri mumbled as she was wrapping her arms around Jessica. The latter hung her head slightly as blush began to fill her cheeks. “Maybe you should put the thermostat up higher.”

 

But the shop owner wasn't paying any attention to them at all. Her eyes were instead locked on her Guardian. Even though this was their third time meeting each other, seeing Taeyeon like this was something she would never want to experience again. Is this really what happens when someone touches her? Though her expression never altered, she felt sorrow and worry overwhelming her. Deep down, she could have sworn her own heart was cracking slowly.

 

Taeyeon stood there with closed eyes, arms barely spread to her sides. It was as if something was draining her energy. Was that what the cold air was? Her energy? It had to be. The Guardian's tightly shut eyes relaxed slowly as her head lolled forward. Her arms went limp as they hung loosely at her sides. Still, Taeyeon was able to stay on her feet, now looking like a statue.

 

[Ba.....................dump]

 

Taeyeon winced violently as her hand magnetically attracted to her chest, right over her heart. Pain surged through her body, all starting from that internal organ. The Guardian's eyes squeezed shut again as she mentally wished for the heart stabbing feeling to disintegrate. In reflex, her hand gripped a whole fist full of her oxford and blazer as the very slow rhythmic beating pounded loudly in her chest. The pain...it was getting too much to bear.

 

[Ba.......dump........Ba...dump.....Ba-dump]

 

Eventually, the pain began to subside...very slowly. Taeyeon was finally able to take in a few deep breaths. Her eyes lazily opened as she glanced over at her Troubled One. The look that she was receiving was one anyone could read. Worry. No...don't react to me... She had to make sure that Tiffany wouldn't move. The two extras in the room would undoubtedly declare her as insane if she tended to some invisible body! She had to spit it out. Anything that would keep Tiffany from moving. “I'm...I'm fine.” Taeyeon reassured weakly. Her free hand gently placed itself on the chair beside her for support. It was better than doubling over in pain and crashing to the floor.

 

Thankfully, those few words seemed to have done the trick. The shop owner didn't move an inch. Only her eyes were glued on the Guardian, but anyone could blame Tiffany's diverted attention to something outside. One thing was irking Taeyeon though. Was Tiffany not moving because she was too much in shock, or because she just didn't care about her Guardian enough to get up? Don't get attached Taeyeon. There's no way she can remember. Besides... A pair of weak onyx orbs shifted to stare at the hugging extras nearby; completely unfazed.

 

Tiffany blinked in disbelief as she watched her Guardian go through many stages of pain. What could she do though? Her body was practically petrified in her seat! Seeing Taeyeon's eyes lock onto Yuri and Jessica made Tiffany follow suit. Then it hit her. T-They can't see her, and they can't hear her? The shop owner's mouth was slightly agape at the scene. Surely the two would have freaked out if a voice called out from no where right? But still, they were over there hugging each other trying to keep warm from the sudden draft they had walked through. Unbelievable.

 

A weak pair of feet shuffled farther away from the two extras. Her steps dragged along the floor as her hand magnetically found the back of every chair she passed. All to keep herself on her feet. Finally finding herself at a comfortable distance, Taeyeon sighed and rested her back against the wall closest to the entrance door. Her eyes weakly opened and closed as she watched on, hoping that she'd get her energy back quickly.

 

While everything was going on, Tiffany's lips pursed tightly at the sight of her weakened Guardian. She wanted to stand up and help, guide her towards a seat, carry her to a hospital if she had to! Anything! But wouldn't she be hurting her too? Wasn't this the exact reason why her Guardian was like this now? Because of the physical contact between her and the workers? Tiffany knew now to keep away. Any contact between the two would undoubtedly hurt Taeyeon...and that's the last thing Tiffany would ever want to do. So there was only one thing Tiffany was able to conclude, and quite frankly she didn't really like the idea. No coming into contact with Taeyeon...ever.

 

“Yah. Tiffany.” Jessica suddenly called out, snapping her friend back into reality. The two hugging bodies were now separated from each other. That cold air was finally gone and the temperature had evened out in the cafe.

 

The shop owner snapped her head towards her friend. However, her attention repetitively diverted towards the wall where Taeyeon was leaning against. “N-Neh?” She mumbled finally keeping her focus on her workers.

 

The dark haired employee tilted her head in confusion. She's never seen her boss like this before; the slight stutter and the wary eyes. Something was up. “Are you okay?” Yuri questioned.

 

“Neh.” Tiffany reassured, not only to Yuri but to Jessica as well. Quickly, she gathered the pieces of paper into a messy pile and tucked the pen behind one ear. Still, her eyes flickered to the white being that apparently only she could see.

 

The younger worker shrugged off the weird attitude and rubbed her hands together for a little longer before finally muttering, “That cold air was really weird.” Her lips pursed upwards as she now began to look around for a source of the sudden cool air. Every now and then her curious orbs would glance over at her boss, wondering if she could also find a source of her sudden change in behavior.

 

Jessica looked at her companion and nodded. “Yeah, I wonder where it came from.” Following suit, the other worker breathed into her hands giving them a final warm up. Once she was comfortable, Jessica took off her jacket and held it in her hands loosely. To her, everything was fine again. Sure it was weird but, the worker found it best to act as if nothing happened. Well, aside from the injured Guardian, but she didn't know about that.

 

Tiffany's eyebrows furrowed worriedly at the sight of Taeyeon. Hoping to cover up the reason for her Guardian's presence, the shop owner came up with the most logical reason. “Y-you two probably just let in a draft when you entered.” Tiffany focused on the workers just enough to give them an eye smile that wasn't completely out of place. From the corner of her eye, Tiffany could see the weak smirk her Guardian flashed. Despite the hand over her heart, Taeyeon looked relatively in a stable condition. The smirk was just enough reassurance to the shop owner for her to fix her gaze on the two workers again.

 

Reaching out her hand, Yuri took her friend's jacket slowly and held it in her own pair of arms. “That makes sense. It is pretty chilly outside.” With a quick nod, the raven haired employee began to stroll to the back counter.

 

With Yuri out of sight, Jessica turned her attention to her friend. “So who were you talking to?” Her head tilted to the side curiously as she anticipated an answer. Did Tiffany finally take her advice and go looking for a lover? Did she already find one?

 

Again Tiffany's eyes flickered to her Guardian near the door. “Myself.” She quickly responded while looking back at her employee. “You know, asking myself things like, 'They're late again?' and all that other stuff.” Tiffany pulled a quick smile while standing and pushing in her chair. The shop owner noticed Jessica's eyes still on her. It was starting to make her panic, but she didn't want to break down and explain of some being that only she could see! “Uhm. If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office in the back. I-I just gotta go finish up some more paper work.” Tiffany quickly fibbed. It didn't seem like much, but it was all she could brew in her head for now. Her worried orbs gazed over to Taeyeon who nodded and vanished in the blink of an eye.

 

Confused eyebrows furrowed together as the curious orbs beneath them never peeled off the shop owner. “Uhm. Okay Tiff.” Jessica nodded slowly. “Maybe you should take a little nap too.” She watched as Tiffany scrambled with the papers, only to make the pile messier than before. “I think you're getting anxious again.” She advised while her boss concluded to just scoop the stack onto one arm. Tiffany huffed out a sigh and began to disappear into the 'employees only' hallway. Lingering eyes were trailing her until the double doors disrupted their vision.

 

Yuri stepped to the side cautiously as her boss charged through the work space. Slowly, she made her way to the front again, wearing an apron and holding another. “What's wrong with her?” Finally her eyes peeled off of the path Tiffany had taken and landed on the auburn haired girl in front of her.

 

Heaving a sigh, Jessica snatched the extra apron from Yuri's grip. “I don't know. I think she didn't get much sleep last night.” Jessica muttered before putting the loop through her head and turning so her secret crush could tie the ends behind her.

 

 

 

[Tiffany's POV]

 

Hurrying to the back office, I closed the door behind me and looked around. There was nothing in here but the filing cabinets and stacks of manila folders on my desk. Oh how I should have brought one with me. Instead, I tossed the stack of papers onto one corner of the desk and looked around again. “Taeyeon.” I called out. “Taeyeon, are you here?” I knew not to be too loud, otherwise the others would barge in to check my sanity.

 

A sigh echoed in the room softly sending chills down my spine. It was her. She's the only one that could do that to me, and it kind of creeps me out...just a little. Taeyeon took in a raspy breath that made me wince slightly. “I'm here...I'm fine.” She cooed weakly.

 

My head snapped in the direction of the response. There she was, my white clothed mystical being all weak and in pain. It hurt even me to see her like that. She was sitting on top of my desk, slightly bent over still clutching her heart. Suddenly, she winced. I couldn't help but gasp when I watched her hand clutch into a fist full of her shirt again. “Oh my god TaeTae. Are you okay?” My mouth ran without my knowledge. I hurried over to her and reached out to touch her wrist. The memory of what happened at the front suddenly replayed in my head causing me to pull my hand away just before we made any contact. I might hurt her...

 

A quick minute passed as Taeyeon began to relax again. Whatever pain she was in was probably becoming more bearable now. Her lips parted to allow a soft chuckle to slither out. “TaeTae?” My Guardian repeated looking up at me with a smirk. How she was able to even curve her lips up was beyond my knowledge. She was obviously in some pain, so how could she muster up that smile?

 

Finally, I understood what she said. I pursed my lips gently, feeling a bit of blood rushing to my face. “I-I meant to say Taeyeon.” My eyebrows slightly twitched together. Why are you stuttering? Without thinking, I took a step back to distance ourselves as I felt my cheeks get hotter.

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly. Again that spine tingling chill rushed down my back. I tried my best to act unfazed. “You know, I've been given a lot of nicknames, but not once have I ever gotten 'TaeTae'.”

 

My eyes fell to the floor thinking that addressing my Guardian in that way was somewhat rude. Taeyeon was my Guardian, a higher authority. Nicknames shouldn't be given to her as if we were just friends. I should be respecting her...especially since she's going to be granting me a wish...if only I knew what to wish for.

 

“I like it.” Taeyeon cooed. My head lifted in disbelief. Was she really okay with me calling her that? “You can call me TaeTae if you want.” She reassured with a toothy grin. I smiled warmly in return, glad that she wasn't mad about the whole nickname thing. “As long as I get to call you something.”

 

Immediately I nodded to her. “Arasso.” It was only fair right? “Call me anything you want, TaeTae.”

 

Without any hesitation, my Guardian answered confidently. “Fany-ah.”

 

My lips pursed slightly at the sound of that name. “...Fany-ah.” I repeated. At first, memories flooded my head. Was it okay for her to call me that? Would she be taking away its precious value if I let her use that nickname? A full on debate was raging in my head as I thought about it thoroughly. Finally, I concluded one thing; It's time to start moving on Tiff. Slowly, the edges of my lips curved up into a smile. In a sense, I'm not completely sure what made me agree to it. Maybe it was the value I linked to it, or maybe it was the way it rolled off of Taeyeon's tongue. I don't know, but... “I like it.”

 

“I'm glad.” My Guardian chirped with a hint of a chuckle. Taeyeon slowly sat up as she took a deep breath. Still, her hand was over her heart. Thankfully that fist filled with her shirt was now somewhat relaxed. At least I know her pain was starting to become more bearable than earlier. TaeTae looked at me for a while before hesitating to ask, “Has anyone ever called you that before?”

 

Involuntarily, my lips pursed together. I drooped my eyes to the floor as I began to remember all the times I was called by that nickname. Eventually I rose my eyes to meet hers. She was still waiting for an answer from me, but it looked as if she'd wait a whole lifetime for me to finally reveal the truth. “Neh. Only one person.” I rose a finger up as the edges of my lips quivered to a small smile. My head was getting flooded with that loving smile I long to see again. Be strong Tiff. “My mom.”

 

Taeyeon quickly diverted her eyes away, masking her face with an expression I couldn't quite read. From what I could tell, it looked as if she was over thinking about what I had said. No one had to put much thought into this TaeTae. What are you thinking about? Suddenly, she lifted her eyes and we shared a gaze. Taeyeon paused for a minute. Was she searching for something in my eyes? Finally she said, “Maybe I should change-”

 

“Aniyo.” I reached my hand out to her like a stop sign. Something had gotten into me, but what? All I consciously knew was to not touch her. I hesitated slightly when I noticed her eyebrows had risen because of my sudden action. To quickly calm the mood, I added a quick, “It's okay TaeTae.” My hand dropped down slowly. “I don't mind you calling me that.”

 

Again she stared into my eyes deeply. What are you looking for? I couldn't tell what she wanted. Taeyeon never said anything. She just looked at me. Oh how I wish I could read her mind. “Arasso.” She nodded slowly. “I'm a little surprised that your friends don't call you that. Well, from what I observed.”

 

I rubbed the back of my neck while searching for an answer. I just found it best to tell the truth when it came to my friends. There was nothing to hide about them anyways. “Well they try to, but I always tell them to call me 'Tiff'.”

 

One of my Guardian's eyebrows rose. “Yet I'm able to call you 'Fany-ah'?”

 

“That's different though!” I quickly stated. “I mean,” Calm down Tiff. They might think your crazy in here. To clear my thought and focus on what to say, I took a deep breath. Explaining this was going to be so confusing. I could already tell. “I love my friends and all, but I don't think they're that special enough to call me that...” I softened my voice to her.

 

Slowly, Taeyeon's arms folded across her chest. Her head tilted as she locked her eyes right on mine. She wasn't trying to intimidate me, I can see that. It was more of a your-logic-isn't-making-sense sort of look. “And yet I am?” She challenged. I knew this would be hard for her to understand.

 

How am I going to explain this? Her staring suddenly turned into one eager for an answer. It was bugging me a little really, the pressure she was sending with just her eyes. I couldn't help myself. I had to raise my voice. “Like I said! It's different! You're a Guardian!” The memory of what happened minutes ago quickly intruded my head. Err! Subject change! “And how come you didn't tell me that they can't see, hear, or touch you?” I lifted a finger with every sense I listed.

 

Taeyeon flashed me a toothy smirk. In all honesty, it was really creepy looking. It was one that somebody with secrets would show. So what's your secret TaeTae? “Fany-ah.” She called out. My ears were all hers. “People like me, we're Guardians. We aren't Genies.”

 

…...What do Genies have to do with any of this?! Though I screamed in my head the question I so badly wanted to ask her, I was too dumfounded to say anything! My eyebrows collided into a straight line as I tried to comprehend everything. Nope. Nothing. I thought my subject change was random but TaeTae, you take the cake...and the frosting...and you can eat it too. Yeah, you win.

 

Finally realizing that I had probably stared at my Guardian for what felt like hours, I shook my head to clear my thoughts. “We aren't Genies.” Then it hit me. She said this before! During our first encounter she said the same thing! But...she also said she'd do things when she feels like it too. I've already heard that line last night. Still, it wasn't as random as this line. Ugh. So much thinking. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples with my first two fingers. Maybe now I can think straight. Eventually, I breathed out a sigh and opened my eyes to look at that smirk still plastered on her face. “TaeTae. What does what happened earlier have anything to do with Ge-”

 

[Knock Knock]

 

I looked over at the door silently. Glancing back at Taeyeon, she gave me a shooing hand so I could open the door for who ever was on the other side. “Err...Neh?” Deep down, I didn't want a voice to respond. I still wanted to talk with TaeTae. Maybe then I'd be able to clear the whole random Genie line.

 

However, I can't have my cake and eat it too. Apparently only Taeyeon's able to do that. A soft but urgent, “Tiff open the door.” seeped into the room. Immediately I could tell that it was Jessica. Ugh. I appreciate the friendship Jessi, really I do, but lately you and Yuri have been barging in at the wrong times.

 

With a bit of a drag in my step, I made my way towards the door and opened it just enough to reveal myself to her. I didn't understand why though, it's not like she would be able to see Taeyeon anyways. “What is it Jess?” My voice suddenly monotone.

 

By the look on her face, I could tell that she was a little stunned by my response. Oops, did I sound mean? Her lips pursed slightly before she pointed a shy finger towards the double doors. “I guess no one with the keys showed up to open the restaurant across the street from us yet so a lot of the morning workers are here to warm up and everything. Yuri and I need your help at the front.”

 

Just before I could answer, my best friend grabbed my wrist and began to drag me towards the double doors. A spine tingling, “I'll explain later.” echoed down the hallway. Ooo, it really did leave me wanting more. Just as we barged through the double doors, Taeyeon's voice came my way again. A faint, “Tell your friend she has great timing!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A: Hey everyone! I am back! I'm sorry it took me a while to upload this chapter! I had to tie this chapter with the next chapter, etc. Not to mention that I caught a cold and I'm coughing my lungs up and sniffling like crazy. Ugh. Being sick . Thankfully I was able to edit and everything while I was under the weather. I blame the week long storm for my condition. Curse you mother nature! xP

 

So anyways, I really wanted to get this chapter up before the holidays! I might make a quick holiday themed one-shot of the royal family or something but I'm not too incredibly sure if I should or not. The holdiay season is really making me busy. But that's not the only thing making me busy. Remember how a chapter or two ago in the author's note I said I'd be busy in the dead smack middle of December? Well, it's that time again. I've gotta study for college finals which are three different 2-hour long tests. Both of which are on the same day! Yip...eee.... =_=

 

To wrap it all up, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think with a comment! If you're eager for more then don't forget to subscribe! I do update on the story feed thingy to the left in case anyone's curious of what's going on. And if you think this story is amazingly awesome then upvote! If not then that's cool. I won't force you to. No biggie. ^^ Anyways, happy holidays everyone! Don't catch a cold like me! And...who's ready for 2013?!