One Annoying Hoobae

Everlasting Sunset

Yong Hwa was busy calculating the sales of the day when Jong Hyun came in.

"Annyeong?" Jong Hyun said with a tired voice.

"Oy, how come my chingu is so tired?" Yong Hwa asked. "Too much stress at the sojubang?"

"Ani," Jong Hyun said. "I'd never get tired of the sojubang, not when it is my type of place."

Jong Hyun pointed at the girl behind him, who peeked from behind. Yong Hwa's eyes popped out, then he cringed.

"Annyeong?" the girl greeted rudely.

"Ya, Yoo Ara, are you going to disturb me again?" Yong Hwa reprimanded her.

Jong Hyun sighed and explained that Ara had just got back from the United States, and she went to the sojubang because she had heard that the liquor bar was famous in Seoul. She had no idea for years where Yong Hwa was working, so she pestered Jong Hyun instead.

"Is that how you should treat your seonbae?" Yong Hwa said while pointing a pen at her.

Ara went to Yong Hwa, much to the disdain of the remaining customers. Ara wrapped her arms around her crush and leaned on his broad shoulders.

"Seonbae~~ bogo shipda," she crooned.

"Ya, ya~~," Jong Hyun sneered. "See this girl, huh? She calls you Seonbae, but she uses banmal. Babo aniya (Isn't it foolish)?"

"Nan babo aniya (I'm not a fool)," Ara replied to Jong Hyun in banmal.

"Be polite to him, arasseo?" Yong Hwa reprimanded Ara as he wriggled off her grip. "He's older than you."

"But Seonbae, can I just talk to you casually?" Ara asked. "We knew each other back in college. How can you still be so cruel to me?"

"You are giving him your heart?" Jong Hyun told Ara. "Forget it."

Yong Hwa and Ara looked at him.

"Mwo?" Jong Hyun asked Yong Hwa innocently.

"Seonbaega yeojachingu isseo (Do you have a girlfriend)?" Ara asked.

"How many times must I tell you to speak to me formally?" Yong Hwa told her. "I did not give you permission to be casual."

"Maja (Right)," Jong Hyun said with a nod.

"Oppa!" Ara finally protested.

The doors opened, and in came Jung Shin, CL, and Min Hyuk. The three were shocked to see one annoying girl from Yong Hwa's past.

"Eonni!" Ara squealed to see CL.

"A...annyeong?" CL greeted sourly. She never quite liked Ara.

Ara went to CL and hugged her, then to the other guys and hugged them tightly. Jung Shin politely hugged her back while discreetly trying to get her off his body. Min Hyuk did not want to hug her, but Ara persisted.

"Bogo shipeoyo," she told the two guys.

Yong Hwa sighed. Ara only spoke respectfully to the other two guys, while she spoke rudely at him and Jong Hyun. What's up with that?

"Mworeul johahae (What do you want)?" Yong Hwa asked as he handed her the menu.

"I want bulgogi," Ara said. "Seonbae, let's all eat."

"I'm full," Jong Hyun and Yong Hwa said in chorus.

"Oppa!" Ara said in that bratty way of hers.

"I'll eat with you," Min Hyuk offered in resignation.

"Na do," the twins echoed.

"Great!" Ara squealed as she pulled Jung Shin and Min Hyuk to the table near the counter where Yong Hwa was staying.

Ara had her way of doing things, so she got to be served by Yong Hwa.

"Gomawo, Seonbae~~," she crooned.

Jong Hyun, though tired, assisted Yong Hwa. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were also tired, so CL assisted her oppas. But Ara was damn insensitive that she was pleased that her college crush was serving her.

"Geunde Seonbae," Ara said to Jong Hyun. "When you said I should forget giving Yong Hwa-seonbae my heart, what do you mean?"

"None of your business," Jong Hyun sighed.

"Does he really have a girlfriend already? I will be so hurt!" Ara said.

"And why should you?" Min Hyuk asked. "Yong Hwa is not the only guy in the world."

"But he is the only guy in my world," Ara protested.

"Shall we shatter your world for you to see reality?" exasperated Jung Shin finally spoke up.

"Oppa...." Ara said to Jung Shin lowly.

"You do not see that your Oppas are tired? Don't be too demanding," Jung Shin said to her.

"Arasseo...." Ara said.

Finally, Yong Hwa finished waiting on Ara and his friends, so he got back to the counter to finish calculating. His phone rang, and he took it.

"Yeoboseyo?" he greeted.

Then, his face lit up.

"Shin Hye-ssi?" he asked in joy.

The other guys, CL, and Ara looked at him. CL was giddy that she had matched Yong Hwa and Shin Hye, and the other guys shared her sentiments. Ara was a bit curious, but when she saw the smile on Yong Hwa's face, she got jealous. She was determined to get him away from that Shin Hye.

 

~~~~