Can You See Destiny?

Everlasting Sunset

"Be back soon, Hyung," Jung Shin sadly said to Yong Hwa. 

"Ne... take care," Yong Hwa said.

"I'm sorry I cannot accompany Oppa to the airport," CL said. "I have work."

"Na do," Jung Shin said.

"We will accompany you," Min Hyuk said to Yong Hwa.

"I can't go with you, mianhae," Jong Hyun said. "I need to accompany my halmeoni to the hospital today."

"Gwaenchanha," Yong Hwa said. "Hyukkie, you are always leaving your business behind."

"I'm the boss," Hyukkie replied. "I can accompany you."

"Arasseo," Yong Hwa said.

And so, the two left their friends for the airport. CL was too damn worried that Yong Hwa hadn't talked to Shin Hye, and being the matchmaker that she was, she called the botanist and told her to go to the airport.

"What did you do?" Jung Shin asked his twin.

"Bringing two destined people together," CL said in worry. "Obviously."

****

Yong Hwa drove his car, with Min Hyuk at the passenger seat. His things were at the compartment, and he did not pack much because he would be going to his pad in Hong Kong. After all, he is rich.

"Hyung, please tell me when you're coming back, so I can fetch you," Min Hyuk said.

"Arasseo," Yong Hwa said.

But then, some vehicle cut in front, and Yong Hwa abruptly got the car into a stop. In his anger, he opened the window of his vehicle and got his head out the window.

"Ya!" he ed.

*****

Shin Hye hailed a cab and asked the cab driver to drive fast to the airport. For fifteen minutes, the cab went on smoothly, until Shin Hye saw another car in front with a familiar plate number.

"Yong Hwa!" she whispered.

She turned to the driver to speak.

"Ajusshi, please cut in front of that car," she begged.

"Mot-hamnida," the cab driver said in refusal. "I might lose my license, and the other driver might sue me."

"Please, please, I need to talk with that other driver," she begged. "I'll cover for you."

The driver did as told, swerved to the right, accelerated to the front, and cut in front of the other vehicle. From the other car, Yong Hwa got his head out, and he shouted.

"Ya!"

Shin Hye handed out bills and told the driver to keep the change. She got out of the cab, just as the other driver did.

****

Yong Hwa saw that the other car did not have much activity, so he got out of the car. To his surprise, the other person who got out of the cab was no other than Shin Hye herself.

"Sh... Shin Hye?" he gasped.

Min Hyuk saw it and gaped.

"Pull over," Shin Hye ordered.

She thanked the driver, who drove his car off. Yong Hwa, meanwhile, got in and maneuvered his car. The place was a bit similar to the place where she had sulked: the bridge. After pulling over, Yong Hwa turned off the ignition, got out of the car, and went over to Shin Hye. Min Hyuk waited while watching what could happen.

"Yong Hwa-ya..." Shin Hye said, her voice, emotions, and tears betraying herself.

Yong Hwa showed her his most poker face yet.

"Why did you block me? I might be late for my flight."

"Gajima.... tteonajima...." Shin Hye begged for him not to go and not to leave her.

"I have to," Yong Hwa said stiffly. But deep inside, he was longing to hug her. "I had hurt you so much, and it is unfair for you to keep on getting hurt because of me."

He turned around to get back to the front part of the car, when Shin Hye threw something to his face.

"Is it because of the little girl in the picture?" she asked him in spite.

Yong Hwa got pale as he turned around, and his heart ached again. How did she know about that picture? He turned around and looked at her in astonishment, hurt, and betrayal.

"Is that little girl someone relevant to anyone in your present?" she asked jealously.

"How...how did you know about the picture?" he asked, getting paler.

She told him that it started when she went over to his house when he said his Dong Wook-hyung wanted to talk to her about carnations. While he and his hyung talked over the phone, Shin Hye took out the magazines from underneath the top ones when his planner fell. She picked it up, and accidentally let all the contents fall. She saw a picture of a little girl in pink and picked it up. She thought the girl was cute, and in her curiosity, she flipped the pic to the back to see if there could be a name. Perhaps his cousin, she thought. Yet, she saw what he had written at the back.

I will look for you, my love, and I will love you forever...

Her pain and shame met no match that day, and she had to hide her emotions for him again, just as Jong Hyun had advised her. And so, that day, she acted strangely and distant.

"But that day when I went to the sojubang, I... I...," Shin Hye said, but tears choked her voice. She could not tell him she had heard what he said to Ara.

"Mianhae," he said, guessing what she was trying to say. "But I found that girl in the picture."

Shin Hye looked at her with more tears, her heart aching in increasing degrees. She had lost all hope. She could no longer say her feelings. Even if she should get jealous and die till the cows come home, Yong Hwa had reunited with the girl he loved, she thought.

"She's the girl I hated the most."

So shocked was Shin Hye.

"A...Ara?"

He nodded.

"And... and... did the two of you....?"

"I let her go," Yong Hwa said. "Because I hate her."

Shin Hye cried again.... in pain and in relief. In relief because he hated Ara and let her go. In pain because he was hurting.

"Yong Hwa...."

"My love life is a mess... My first love is doomed," he said. "I will go to Hong Kong to cool off.... I am confused, I am a mess... I am... I will find my destiny... I might find her in Hong Kong..."

And he turned around to get back to his car when Shin Hye spoke again.

"I knew different kind of risks when I worked as a botanist, and I tried so many things that no other Korean scientists had ever done. Personally, this is my first time to risk things like this..."

"Go on and risk things alone, because I will forget you," Yong Hwa said without turning to her.

Hot tears streamed more from Shin Hye's eyes as she opened up to him her heart, as she lashed out to him all her frustrations.

"Gajima!" she shouted.

But Yong Hwa would not have all of it, so he looked back at her to reply.

"Even if it takes all years, I will continue looking forward to look for my forever," he said. "Adios."

He turned back again, and got to his car. Min Hyuk looked at Shin Hye painfully, feeling sorry that he could not do anything for the botanist and for his hard-headed hyung. Yong Hwa drove the car fast for his flight, while Min Hyuk looked back sadly at the forlorn being left back at the bridge to cry.

"YONG HWA!!!!!" screamed Shin Hye from behind.

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

Two years had passed, and Yong Hwa stayed in Hong Kong for good. He let his Jin Young-hyung take over the beef resto, while he opened a talent agency with Jung Shin and CL. So many young people auditioned that day that he was tired.

"CL-ah, Jung Shin-ah, you can go home now," Yong Hwa said tiredly.

The twins nodded and went out of the office to get ready for home. Yong Hwa also got out of the office to head to a nearby Starbucks. Of course, he was always in need of coffee because he was stressed.

He spent an hour at his fave hangout, reviewing documents and whatnot. When he saw that the moon was shining bright, he thought it was best to head home. He remembered that his car was repaired, so he decided to walk to the bus stop.

The moonlight was extremely beautiful and mysterious as its rays hit the waters, and Yong Hwa admired its beauty as he lingered along the bridge. Many Hong Kong citizens walked along the way, talking with friends or rushing to the bus stop to beat others who were also trying to get home.

"Have you found forever?" a soft voice asked him.

When he turned around, he saw a pretty lady looking at him with sad eyes despite the soft and sweet smile. Her features and even her voice dug out all the skeletons he had hidden inside his closet.

"Sh...Shin Hye?" was his startled response.

Shin Hye went over to him and tried to keep her emotions in check.

"Have you found forever?" she asked again.

"You... you have no right to ask that," he said.

As he started to walk away, Shin Hye started to pour her frustrations--and her tears out, while Yong Hwa, as much as his ears burned, listened. Shin Hye could not take it anymore. Her heart was about to burst that she had to tell him everything.

"I have to courage to ask you this since I remember that you said you might find your girl here in Hong Kong...the forever that you seek... You are always looking for forever. You are always looking for it ahead. Why do you always look straight ahead? You didn't know, but you missed out a lot with all the things around you because you were too fixated to look ahead, you were too fixated on what was yet to come. You don't know that...forever..."

Yong Hwa did not want to have more of it, so he started to walk, but Shin Hye went on, making her voice louder for him to hear.

"Forever...might be standing right behind you..." she finished.

Yong Hwa turned back to her, being unable to believe.

"Saranghae," Shin Hye confessed in tears, begging him to believe. "Jeongmal saranghae..."

Tears started to stream down Yong Hwa's eyes as he looked at her. He had been denying it for two years, but he had not forgotten about her, and he still missed her a lot.

"Shin Hye...."

He stepped forward to grab her petite body to his, and he pulled her to an embrace.

"Bogo shipda..." he whispered as he kissed her hair. "Mianhae...mianhae.... Jeongmal jeongmal mianhae...."

Shin Hye pushed herself to him and hugged him tight.

"Saranghae... yeojeonhi saranghae..." Yong Hwa confessed to her.

Shin Hye melted at the confession that Yong Hwa still loved her. He confessed to her that he was hesitant to love her because of his first love, and when he knew his first love was Ara, he decided to break any ties with Shin Hye to avoid hurting her again with his ficklemindedness. But then, even with his stay in Hong Kong, he wished that Shin Hye will be that girl that he wished he will meet in Hong Kong.

"Saranghae..." the two of them said to each other.

After their tearful confessions, Yong Hwa looked at her, and she did too. Without further ado, Yong Hwa leaned forward and kissed Shin Hye as passionately as he could, letting her feel his love and want for her. Shin Hye kissed her back, and, remembering Jong Hyun's advice, felt that this was the right time to expose all of her feelings to him. Many citizens just passed them by after looking at them, but the couple continued to kiss as deeply as they could. 

"Jal haesseo, Hyung, Noona," Jung Shin said from afar.

He and his twin did not go home yet because they planned this meeting without the couple knowing. 

"I'm a good matchmaker, geuchi?" CL winked as she wrapped an arm around her twin's shoulder. 

Jung Shin was damn proud of his swag sister that he wrapped an arm around her as well and replied to her.

"Jal hasseo (You did well)," he whispered.

Then, the twins continued looking at the reunited couple.

 

~~~~