Can You Never Love Me?

Everlasting Sunset

To all my readers, I will like to apologize for this chapter. This and the last chapter. This, like the other chapter, will contain mostly all about Yong Hwa and Ara, so please be patient. The YongShin part will still be revealed after I will be done with these two.

 

~~~~

It finally occurred to Yong Hwa that his own love life was a total mess. It was horrible. It was a wreck. It was doomed. It was never meant to be. No matter how much effort he did just to find his love, his first love was something that was never meant to be his. The worst part is, the girl he had loved for so long, the girl he had sought for, was actually someone he loathed deeply.

Meanwhile, he grabbed his phone and called his Dong Wook-hyung, who was supposed to have an appointment with Shin Hye.

"Mwo?" Dong Wook asked. "How come... how come you were not able to set an appointment for me?"

"Mianhae, Hyung," Yong Hwa said, very down indeed. "I cannot reach her."

"Should I just call her?"

"She turned off her phone...."

"Aigoo," Dong Wook sighed. But then, he noticed the solemn air over the phone. "Ya, gwaenchanha?"

"Ani."

Yong Hwa explained to his hyung what exactly had happened for it to result. Though he hated to confess, he admitted to knowing who his first love actually was.

"MWOHHHH?????" Dong Wook ed. "That, that spoiled brat owned that picture?"

"Ne...."

"You should've listened to Eomma," Dong Wook berated him.

His harangues meant nothing to Yong Hwa, who was drowned in his own thoughts. He was crying his eyes out without making any sobbing sounds, feeling his own heart ache at the loss. And now, he also lost a girl who was about to be his second love had he not pined too much for the first.

"Shin Hye..." he thought of her as he cried.

*****

Meanwhile, Ara still could not get over it.

She was at the mountain, sitting with her knees bent, till her knees kissed her chin. She was distraught and continued crying. How could someone be as cruel as Yong Hwa? If he had loved her, then why did he hate her? Of course, she will always find a way to justify her actions. She just likes him a lot. There is nothing wrong with that. She was not at fault for liking him and following him around and threatening every single girl who gets near her Seonbaenim. She just likes him a lot. And she is willing to fight for her love.

"It's now or never, and it's either I get him or lose him," she thought. "Ani. I will get him. I will get him back. I will make him love me again."

She grabbed her phone and dialed his number. To her surprise, he picked up.

"Mwo..." he drawled from the other line.

"Oppa... can...can you explain why you have my picture?" she asked.

He started out the day he messed with his eomeoni's wallet, and that Mama Jung had explained that she had found it and had kept it because she found it a waste to throw a picture of a pretty little girl. He also explained his rebellion and obsession over his first love to the point where he was about to go mad. Ara suddenly remembered what Yong Hwa had told her outside the sojubang that day.

"I had been looking for this girl since I was a child."

"So, so it's true..." Ara thought. "Yong Hwa-seonbae had been looking for me his entire life. But I lived badly and behaved badly enough for him to hate me. And now that he knew that the girl he was looking for was actually the girl he hated, his love for me... is gone...."

Both parties cried at their own loss.

"Mianhada, Ara-ya," Yong Hwa said stiffly. "I hated you not knowing that you were the girl I loved..."

Ara's tears fell. She had to get him once again. She had to have herself into his life again.

"Can you love me again, Oppa?" Ara begged. "Can you still bring me back? Can you still have me, please?"

"Mianhae," Yong Hwa breathed. "I hate you, and you know that. If it had been some other girl, I will go and confess to her. And because you were the girl I sought for, I lost my first love. And because of you, I also lost the girl who is about to be my second love..."

Ara was right about her impression. Yong Hwa did love Shin Hye. Though he would be lying, her instincts were right.

"And I am just asking for forgiveness now because I can never love you the way I used to love you, Ara," Yong Hwa said. "Please forget me now, huh? Can I ask that of you?"

Ara's voice choked. "Mianhae, Oppa... I will never forget you... You are also my first love, just as I am your first."

"Just forget me...."

And Yong Hwa hung up.

"Oppa? Oppa?" was Ara's begging voice. Then she screamed over the phone. "OPPA!!!!"

She tried calling him again, but it seemed that he had barred her. She tried calling him thrice, four times, five times, all to no avail. In her anger, she threw the phone nearby, but not down the mountain. Curling up her legs and hiding her face on her knees, she let tears fall again. If only she had not been a bad girl, Yong Hwa could have confessed to her and continued to love only her.

"And I.... I, his first love, could not make him look at me again...."

****

After hanging up, Yong Hwa manipulated his phone settings so Ara could no longer call him. Then, he dialed some numbers in order to reach Shin Hye. It was almost nine that night, and he had no idea where she went. He could very well go to her house because he had gone there once, but there was no use doing that.

"Please... please pick up," he wished.

He was glad that she her phone again, but what made him annoyed and helpless was the fact that she never answered. All his efforts were futile. He was just to leave his message, the automated prompt told him. In his despair, he left her a sad note.

"Why don't you answer me? If there is nothing wrong, receive my call. I am desperate here and wanting to talk to you."

But he knew it was all useless.

"I know there was never us...just yet... but... silly as it sounds, I will break up with you," he said. "Forget about me and move on..."

*****

"Forget about me and move on...."

Then, a phone dropped, and sobs of a woman was heard.

 

~~~~