A Little Bit Of Good

Everlasting Sunset

CL was too glad that YG Entertainment is located at Hongdae, one of her most favorte parts of Seoul.

She really liked her position because not only did she work with her twin in the same company, Jong Hyun's sojubang was also located in the same area. She could chill out and relax while drowning herself during happy hour.

CL skipped to the department where her twin worked, and since Jung Shin was already about to leave, she waited for him to come out. When the tall and lean guy exited the room, CL hugged him.

"Yo, wazzup, mah brothah?" she asked him, ghetto style.

"Ya, do you really have to sound like that?" Jung Shin asked as he hugged her back.

"You know your twin sis, full of swag," she smirked as she tousled his short and shaggy hair. She so missed his long hair already.

"Jong Hyun-hyung is holding a singing contest in the sojubang," Jung Shin asked. "Wanna come?"

"Geurae!" CL exclaimed as she nodded surely. "Where the fun is, Lee Chae Rin will follow."

Jung Shin smiled and walked out of the agency with his twin.

****

As Min Hyuk was boss of his pisshibang, he had no problems leaving the business to his younger brother. He was in need (and I mean, need) of soju again, and he heard about the contest that Jong Hyun was formulating for happy hour, so he skipped to the place. By the time he got there, he saw the twins and the burning-eyed owner at the counter.

"Where's Yong Hwa-hyung?" he asked.

Jong Hyun smiled like Athena, his eyes flashing. "You don't know?"

"Don't know what?" the three chorused?

The sojubang owner smiled mysteriously while patting the shoulder of his assistant bartender to take care of the contest. The bartender had the day-off, and Jong Hyun came to guide the second one.

"You already know the rules of the game," Jong Hyun told the assistant. "My friends and I are going to have some meeting."

Jong Hyun invited his friends over to the conference room in the bar. It does not look like a corporate conference room, of course. It is just a small decent room where meetings among staff are held because Jong Hyun does not want to conduct conferences within customers' earshot.

"First of all, Yong Hwa-hyung is not here because he visited the botanist," Jong Hyun announced.

"MWO????" the three asked.

"Haha, good for him," Min Hyuk cheered.

"He really needs a girlfriend," Jung Shin smirked.

"See? I am a good matchmaker," CL bragged.

Jong Hyun smiled contentedly.

"I wonder if he did what I suggested," Jong Hyun shared. "He asked me a better gift for a girl."

"And? What did you advise him?" Min Hyuk asked.

"I told him to give her flowers," Jong Hyun said. "It always works for a girl."

"Ya, Oppa, see that big floral shop a little adjacent to YG? That belongs to her. And she has a laboratory behind her greenhouse," CL said. "What good will it do her to receive the flowers which she grew and sold?"

"Chae Rin-ah, given those facts, do you think that the botanist does not even wish to receive her own flowers as a gift from someone?" Jong Hyun asked. "Take me for example. I grew tired of drinking the makgeolli here because I sold it, but it does taste better when Yong Hwa-hyung buys one and shares it with me."

CL stared at Jong Hyun.

"Did you get what I mean?" Jong Hyun asked.

"I guess I do," CL replied with an unsure laugh.

"I think my suggestion is a bit lame, or Hyung finds it corny because I give my girlfriend lots of flowers," Jong Hyun shared. "But girls like flowers. Don't you?"

Jung Shin spoke in behalf of his stupefied twin sister.

"CL likes flowers a lot, and her admirer...mfffff!!!!"

For CL covered his talkative mouth. The other two teased the swag princess because some guy had finally managed to sweep her off her sneaker-clad feet.

"Ya!" CL screamed at the two.

"Mianhada, Chae Rin-ah," Jong Hyun said.

"Geunde, Oppa," CL said, suddenly getting serious. "You always say that Yong Hwa-oppa does not have a girlfriend. Do you think he will succeed in winning Shin Hye-ssi over? Coz I personally hope that he will."

"Are you saying that because you managed to be matchmaker?" Min Hyuk .

"Ani, Oppa," CL said as she punched Min Hyuk's biceps. "But Oppa, when I saw how cute Shin Hye-ssi could be, I suddenly thought of Yong Hwa-oppa and I don't know why. And I thought of him even more when I knew that the botanist is single, available, and never had a boyfriend before."

The three guys smirked in unison.

"But you see, Yong Hwa-hyung has a secret," Jong Hyun said. "Though it can't be a secret to the four of us--excluding you, because we know it already."

"EH??" CL asked, then turned to Jung Shin. "Oppa, how come I never know that?"

"It's a guy thing," Jung Shin nonchalantly told her. "I can share my secrets with you, but there are times when guys simply do not gossip about stuff just to other people."

CL cringed, knowing Jung Shin was right.

"Anyway, Hyung had a souvenir from someone in his younger years, but the funny thing is, he never had met that person, ever," Jong Hyun shared.

"Is it a photo?" CL asked.

"Molla," Min Hyuk filled in. "Hyung never let us sneak into that thing hidden inside his planner. Must be a photo or a love letter."

"And if ever it was a love letter, or a note, we don't know if the writer is a girl or a boy," Jung Shin shared.

"Ah? How stupid could it be? So, granting that the gender of the letter sender could not be determined, he is hoping it be a girl?" she asked.

"Molla, and again, we don't know if it is a letter or a photo," Min Hyuk said. "That is why we cannot make assumptions easily."

"We just leave him as is," Jong Hyun replied.

"Hyung had been so in love with that person which he had never met, and he is still hoping up to now that they will cross paths," Min Hyuk told CL. "That is the reason why he never had a girlfriend, not even one."

"So steadfast..." CL said. "I had three exes, Oppa had five, Jong Hyun-oppa had two, and Min Hyuk-oppa had four... So lucky of Yong Hwa-oppa to never have even a single ex."

"He is deeply in love with that person, and we coaxed him into moving on from his illusion and finding a girl," Jung Shin said.

"I guess this is it," CL squealed. "If he can forget that former love, maybe he will have a good chance with Shin Hye-ssi."

"Hope so," the two Lee guys remarked.

"But you can never be so sure with Hyung," Min Hyuk said. "His love for that someone was deeply rooted already, and we don't know how it all started, for he did not even share. All we know is that, when the four of us met at an indie presentation here in Hongdae way back in college, Hyung was telling us about this love which he hope could even come true."

"So sad," CL said. "So, what are you implying?"

"He may have a chance with Shin Hye-ssi, or he may let her go to persist and look for his old love."

"That old love never existed, so let's make a vote," came CL's outrageous idea. "Who wishes Oppa to find his old love?"

No one raised a hand.

"Who wants her to end up with the botanist?"

No one but herself raised a hand.

"Oppa!" she frowned. "Why are the three of you so bad?"

"CL-ah, are you really sure that Hyung could steal the girl away?" Jung Shin asked his twin. "Granting that you said that she's kind and friendly, and granting that he went over there, do you think love will instantly bloom?

"We never know~~," CL replied in a sing-song tone.

"Ahahaha, CL-ah is full of swag, but she is a hopeless romantic," Min Hyuk commented.

"Geurae! Even if I am badass, I still hope to fall in love," CL replied.

The occupants heard a knock, and Jong Hyun opened the door. The assistant's head popped in, and she told Jong Hyun that Yong Hwa was at the counter.

"Gomawo," he told the employee before she left.

"So? That means...." Min Hyuk started slyly.

"Attack!" Jung Shin suggested playfully.

The four of them exited the room to corner the beef restaurant owner.

 

~~~~