Longing

Everlasting Sunset

I was surprised when I checked this story this morning. In one night, I have a number of subscribers! I have to be honest with you all. It does not matter to me how many subscribers I have, or if my stories will not be featured. It does not matter. After all, let all the other fandom take the top spot. I just want my fans to enjoy my story...so, please enjoy. ^_^

****

****

Jung Yong Hwa is a new entrepreneur who took over the beef restaurant which was run by his father, who had to retire due to old age. Yong Hwa was the youngest, and his other brothers took the noodle shop and the convenient store next door. He also had some helpers in his restaurant, who were faithful to him and enjoying their work, for Yong Hwa was as kind as his parents were.

The same helpers stayed at the restaurant for the evening because he was in need of some soju. It was the birthday of his friend, Kang Min Hyuk, who owned a pisshibang (PC room aka Internet cafe) just near the restaurant. The four friends met at the sojubang (liquor bar) in Hongdae.

"Saengil chukhahae," Yong Hwa and his buddies greeted the chinky-eyed guy.

"Gomawo," Min Hyuk said while bowing politely.

The owner of the sojubang, Lee Jong Hyun, brought out different kinds of liquor and tapas for his friends to enjoy.

"I am so full with the beef at Yong Hwa-hyung's resto, and now I'll drowning myself in alcohol," Min Hyuk frowned.

"No worries," Lee Jung Shin, an employee at YG Entertainment, said. "We will be drowning ourselves too, right Hyung?"

"Ya, you pay, arasseo?" Jong Hyun snapped. Then, at Min Hyuk, "This is on me."

"Gomawo, Hyung," Min Hyuk smiled.

While the guys were merrily exchanging stories over soju, Jung Shin's fraternal twin, Chae Rin aka CL, came in feeling excited.

"Oppa!" she greeted the four.

CL handed a box, which was wrapped beautifully, to Min Hyuk, and she greeted him. The birthday boy took it and opened it immediately. Inside was a beautiful Addidas jacket which she had bought with her money while working at YG. Min Hyuk thanked her, and the young lady joined her brother and his friends in the celebration.

"Yong-oppa does not have a girlfriend, geureohchyo?" CL teased Yong Hwa, who blushed and shook his head.

"He needs to have one," Jong Hyun . "Tsk, who will carry on the Jung genes if you are just going to be a bachelor like your brothers?"

"I will find a girlfriend, that's for sure," Yong Hwa bragged.

"I was researching for some possible plant motiff for a project for 2NE1 when I met this pretty botanist," CL told Yong Hwa. "She's single and available. And not to mention, very kind and friendly."

"Botanist?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ne, I went to a greenhouse yesterday, and my assignment was to interview her," CL said. "I asked her regarding the flowers which could fit the concept."

Over the sound system, CN Blue's "Love Girl" was playing, and CL squealed.

"She is gaga over CN Blue," Jung Shin revealed.

"Ya! Oppa!" was her protest. Then, she straightened up her face. "Well, geting back...as I was saying, see, this pretty botanist showed me the different plants. And I was amazed because she grew some of the plants herself."

"I have no patience with plants," Yong Hwa said.

"Me neither, hahah," CL laughed while manipulating her smartphone. "Tada!"

CL showed a picture of her with the botanist, and the other three guys looked at the phone as well.

"Wow, areumdaun yeojaya (beautiful woman)!" Jong Hyun remarked.

"Kyeopta..." Min Hyuk and Jung Shin replied together.

Yong Hwa felt his heart beating the moment he laid his eyes on the picture. Not CL, of course, but the woman with CL. She looked so beautiful that she had the face of an angel.

"Yeoppo..." he gasped.

CL let out a naughty grin. "I can introduce her to you. Anyway..."

"Ah...gomawo... but I'd rather not," Yong Hwa said.

"Wae geurae?" Jong Hyun asked. "You are also single. She is single. Both of you can just... Chae Rin-ah, could you set up the two for a blind date?"

"Blind date?" Yong Hwa ed. "Maldo andwae!"

"Thanks for the permission, Oppa," CL grinned. "You may want to know her name. She's Park Shin Hye."

"Park Shin Hye," Jung Shin echoed. "Hyung, I can remember it for you, huh? My memory is great!"

"Yeah, and Hyung's memory is only one kilobyte," Jong Hyun joked.

"Ya! Jugulle?" Yong Hwa snapped at them.

"Haha, chill out, Hyung," Min Hyuk said. "Everybody needs a lover."

"Pfff..." Yong Hwa scoffed.

****

That night, after the party, Yong Hwa lay on his bed in his t-shirt and basketball shorts, for he was comfortable being in that get-up when he would be sleeping. Suddenly he remembered something, got up, and opened the drawer of his bedside table. In it was kept an old planner which he had been keeping ever since he got one a decade ago. He flipped the planner open and stared at the contents intently. The longing in his heart was throbbing hard that his lips shuddered. Even his eyes glimmered in the dim light.

"Where are you now?" he thought.

 

~~~~