That Lady In Pink

Everlasting Sunset

Yong Hwa's cousin invited him and his brothers to her wedding, but since she was also friends with the other guys and with CL, she invited them as well. The wedding ceremony was grand, like it was an affair of some chaebol. Yes, it was, for the bride's husband was a son of a chaebol. Though grand, Min Hyuk marveled that Yong Hwa's cousin did not have any frills at all. CL sighed as she watched the dream wedding, but she kept complaining to her twin that the flower girl was annoying, for the little girl was always crying in the middle of the ceremony.

The reception, too, was as grand as the wedding ceremony. Jung Shin and Yong Hwa had to act like they were one of the rich people, for their tuxedos were not even that grand, unlike Min Hyuk's and Jong Hyun's. CL always knew how to spice up her style, and though she was wearing a brandless gown, she looked simple yet stunning, and more beautiful than all the rich visitors.

"Well, well, I guess the two will be having their honeymoon in Norway," a guest remarked to another guest on the table behind Yong Hwa's gang.

"Ne, that's what I have heard too," the second guest remarked.

Yong Hwa almost choked with the champagne which he was sipping, for the second guest behind him sounded so familiar. His heart suddenly raced like crazy to even recognize her voice.

"Your flowers add life to the venue, Shin Hye-ssi," the first guest commented.

"Gamsahamnida," Yong Hwa heard her say.

"And you and your pink gown look good," the man said.

"Gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said.

Yong Hwa turned around discreetly to get a glimpse of the person behind him, but he did not want to be too obvious. He wanted to see her again, and he was thanking his stars that he got to see Shin Hye again. As he looked back to the people on the table with him, he got a glimpse of Min Hyuk, who smirked naughtily at him.

"Mwo?" Yong Hwa mouthed.

"Nothing," Min Hyuk mouthed back with a wink.

****

When the time came for the traditional dance, Yong Hwa turned back to see if Shin Hye was around, but she was not. He discreetly excused from his friends and lied, telling them he'd go out for some air.

"It's your cousin's wedding," CL pointed out.

"I'd go with you," Jong Hyun said. 

"Na do," Min Hyuk and Jung Shin echoed.

"Arasseo," Yong Hwa said.

"I'd stay," CL smirked.

The four guys exited, but because of the  huge crowd gathering around the dance floor, the three guys lost Yong Hwa.

"Where did he go?" Min Hyuk asked.

****

Yong Hwa ran along the hallways to the balcony in order to reach the front desk counter of the hotel. He asked the receptionist if she had seen a beautiful girl with pink gown, but the lady said she had not. Yong Hwa was flustered, so he went back to the door leading to the main venue when he met a stunning girl in light pink dress. It was not a gown, but a dress, for crying out loud.

Yong Hwa's heart had an out-of-body experience, for he was stunned when he saw beauty radiating out of Shin Hye.

"Wow..." he thought.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Shin Hye greeted politely.

"Ah, ne... annyeonghaseyo?" he greeted back.

"Your cousin is really gorgeous," Shin Hye said.

Yong Hwa stuttered because he really could not let words come out. Shin Hye was just too beautiful that she looked like a goddess.

"How did you know her?" he asked.

"She's also my customer," Shin Hye said. "And she also told me to try visiting your resto one of these days."

Yong Hwa nodded as he started to sweat.

"Gwaenchanha?" she asked him as she tried to touch his forehead in concern.

"Ah...ne..." he blushed again as he let her touch her forehead.

"You don't have fever," Shin Hye said in concern. "I'm feeling bad you must be sick."

"Ah...ani," he said. "I'm not sick...maybe, lovesick?"

Shin Hye laughed at his joke heartily.

"Oh, but I have heard there is no cure for love sickness," Shin Hye told him.

"I guess there may be," he said.

"And that is?"

"Will you dance with me?" Yong Hwa asked hopelessly.

Shin Hye gaped because it was all of a sudden, and Yong Hwa felt it lasted forever. Shin Hye broke into a smile and accepted the offer.

"I'd love to," she said demurely.

He held out his hand, and she took it. He opened the door, and let her in, for he was a gentleman. Many people had started to dance, including the bride with her brother, and the groom with his little sister. Yong Hwa led Shin Hye to the center of the dance floor, and began to waltz just like the rest of them.

He held her waist and held her close. As they danced, they danced silently, but their eyes were talking. To break the ice, Yong Hwa smiled, much to the happy embarrassment of Shin Hye.

"I'm glad your foot is all right now," he said.

"Ah, ne... Na do haengbokhae (I'm glad too)," she replied. "I can already wear my favorite shoes."

Yong Hwa smiled at her again, and Shin Hye had to take her gaze away from this gorgeous man. Why does his smile have to kill her heart right then and there? It made him smile again that she even managed to fall for his charms.

Ah, the charming man that was Jung Yong Hwa...

"Why does he have to be so dashing?" Shin Hye cringed as she bit her lips. She had never felt that way for him in weeks, but she had started to like him.

Yong Hwa, for his part, was hopelessly falling for her all over again. Her looks just took his breath away, he could have died. His heart was beating so fast that he leaned forward, and kissed her on her forehead.

****

CL was lazily and boredly watching the crowd when she saw Yong Hwa and Shin Hye dancing, and Shin Hye taking her gaze away from her date. And CL saw when the beef resto owner kissed the botanist on her forehead, and it piqued her interest.

"WOW! Oppa and Eonni stole the show!" CL gaped.

Though it is impolite for guests to look more beautiful than the bride, Shin Hye outshone the bride that night. Of course, in CL's eyes. Of course, Yong Hwa would not think of that, for the bride was his cousin. But Shin Hye looked better.

****

"There he....is," Jong Hyun said before stopping his talk.

Min Hyuk and Jung Shin looked to the direction pointed by the sojubang owner, and were stunned to see Yong Hwa kissing Shin Hye's forehead.

"Omo...what did he just do?" Jung Shin asked.

"Can you tell me why we are here again?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Is this a wedding, or is someone on a date?" Jong Hyun asked them.

****

And Shin Hye was stunned when Yong Hwa kissed her on her forehead. After the kiss, she looked at him, who had a silly smile on his face.

"Ah....g..gomawo," she stuttered with a blush.

"Ani," he replied.

He wished he had not kissed her, but he did not regret it either. He just wanted to be with her because he had started to like her.

****

While inside his room, the photograph of his first love lay flat on bed...

 

~~~~