Krisyeol, confessions

Play, Stop, Rewind : EXO Ficlet Collection

ASKBOX CHALLENGE: Krisyeol, when one uses their debut as a chance to confess

-

They all walked backstage, calmly and professionally, but once they knew they were out of sight, twelve boys jumped and shouted and celebrated the realization that their dreams were coming true.

“We did it, Yeollie.” Kris said, wrapping his arm around the younger’s shoulders. Chanyeol gave Kris a look of disbelief and flung both of his arms around Kris’ neck, nearly jumping into his embrace. “We finally did it, after all that hard work…”

“That was the one thing I’ve been looking forward to since I joined the company,” Chanyeol beamed, squeezing his companion tightly. “Well, one of two things.”

“What’s the other thing?”

“I, ah…” Chanyeol’s cheeks went red. “I need to tell someone something.”

“So do it!” Kris said excitedly, patting the younger’s shoulder. “Do it soon, while you’re still riding this high.”

“Okay,” Chanyeol took in a very deep breath, and squeezed his eyes shut. “I’m in love with you, hyung!”

“You… What?” Kris’ eyebrows knitted in confusion, and he wondered if he misheard because of all the celebratory noises.

“I’ve been wanting to tell you! I’m in love with you, Kris-hyung, and I have been… For quite a while now.” Chanyeol’s voice got softer and softer as he went on. “You’ve always been so good to me during training, and with helping me develop my rapping and—”

Suddenly, another pair of lips were silencing his own. Chanyeol imagined his eyes must be the size of moons, and he let out a nonverbal squeak. The kiss was short, fleeting, but he could still feel the warmth and contour of Kris’ mouth after he pulled away.

They watched each other for just a moment; the blond said nothing, only smiled. It was the sort of smile that he reserved for when he was off camera - it was genuine.

When they were called away to join the rest of the group for a short conference before going out to dinner, Kris took Chanyeol’s hand in his own, linked their fingers and kept pace with him the whole way.