The Kitten

Play, Stop, Rewind : EXO Ficlet Collection

The Kitten

Kris/Tao fluff request involving a black cat

 

“I don’t know if this is a good idea, Taozi.” Kris says blatantly, staring down at his lover currently sprawled across the floor. The younger man only half-hears him as he drags a feather on a string across the carpet.

“Ge, what are you so worried about?” Tao’s eyes brighten as the small, furry creature chases the feather and instantly pounces upon it. The tiny feet trip over themselves in excitement and the kitten tumbles into a pile of rolling black fuzz. Tao chuckles, his smile reaching his eyes as he helps the kitten right itself and scratches its ears.

“It’s so… Small. Fragile.” Kris announces wearily.

“That’s why we’re here, to help him grow.” Tao whispers. “Come down here.”

Kris slowly kneels to the ground, but Tao tugs on his sleeve until their poses are identical; flat on their stomachs, chins on their arms. The kitten busies itself with washing its paws.

Kris decides to roll on his back, head turned to the side as the kitten pads over to him with its green eyes shining. It mewls curiously, tiny nose poking into Kris’ hair as it confirms his scent. Another mewl and it’s kneading its front paws against the blond’s shoulder. Kris barely breathes as the kitten does its best to climb up onto him, nuzzling its tiny face into his T-shirt before curling up comfortably on his chest. Kris isn’t sure, but he thinks he can feel his heart melting at the adorableness of it all.

“He likes you.” Tao breathes, shuffling over quietly to press his side against Kris’. The elder curls an arm around Tao, allowing him to rest his head against his shoulder.

“I guess we can keep him, then.” Kris grins to himself.

Ge.” Tao sighs, but his boyfriend’s infectious grin makes him smile too. The younger leans up to nibble on Kris’ ear before nuzzling close and watching the now-dozing kitten. He drops his voice to a whisper. “You mean it, though?”

“Of course. As long as you don’t name him something lame.”

“I guess I can’t name him Wu Fan, then.”

Tao suddenly feels a firm pinch at his waist.

“Ow! I was kidding, ge!”